Lowered Waypoint Costs Only For Four Weeks

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Now before people start to get on top of me by saying they know how to read, I’d like to point out that not a lot of people are repeating the information about this properly.

The reduced price on Waypoint costs will only be around for four weeks, and yet I’m seeing people post about it as if it were a permanent part of the game. It’s not.
It’ll only be here for the month of August, and then things will go back to being the way they always were. Same with the discount on keys; that too will go away after four weeks.

I’d just like to ask people to write these facts down properly, as it could become misleading to those who have not/aren’t going to read the release page. This could then result in less “he said, she said,” which would just make a mess out of things.

Now I know this could be obvious to some, and very obvious to others, but it’s still a nice thing to keep in mind when referring to the temporary reduction on Waypoint cost/Blacklion Key sale.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Bigger advantage for the keys because you can buy all you will ever use in those 4 weeks.

You cannot buy all your WP uses in 4 weeks.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

the keys were on sale just over a month ago for %20 off. Is this going to be a bigger discount?

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

Waypointing is already free in WvW.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Also with all of the gem items from the achievement chests I doubt I’ll ever need to open a BLC again (not you really need any of the boosters or other items in there to begin with). While WP’ing doesn’t cost much, at least it’s something everyone will actually use.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Ouimette.5902

Ouimette.5902

I still feel like the discussion about who to vote on should not be based on BLC or WP.
It’s the fractals and what we want to see in the game.
I agree that WP>BLC but in the big picture it’s more BLC/WP<Fractals.

People will save a few golds in one month but if you take one hour farm in CoF p1. You’ll pretty much earn back all the ’’lost’’ gold.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

But technically the fractal isn’t what the vote should be based on either. Technically Anet can easily have the outcome of the vote determine future LS content (maybe the “minor” update [the 2nd part of a month event] in a month or two for now will change depending who wins this election). As much as I want to fight Abbadon again, I’d rather have a better person in the position and (most likely) a better relationship with the Zypherites.

in Cutthroat Politics

TriggerSad.2597

I still feel like the discussion about who to vote on should not be based on BLC or WP.
It’s the fractals and what we want to see in the game.
I agree that WP>BLC but in the big picture it’s more BLC/WP<Fractals.

People will save a few golds in one month but if you take one hour farm in CoF p1. You’ll pretty much earn back all the ’’lost’’ gold.

Honestly that’s the way I see it too. The sales are temporary, and a nice intensive, but it’s the content that stays that matters. Either Evon or Kiel will give us a new Fractal and a set of mini-games. It’s that stuff that we should be looking at in terms of what we want in the game.

in Cutthroat Politics

TriggerSad.2597

But technically the fractal isn’t what the vote should be based on either. Technically Anet can easily have the outcome of the vote determine future LS content (maybe the “minor” update [the 2nd part of a month event] in a month or two for now will change depending who wins this election). As much as I want to fight Abbadon again, I’d rather have a better person in the position and (most likely) a better relationship with the Zypherites.

Though the thing about Kiel is that she’s a bit of a push over. She didn’t really decide on her own to run for office, Magnus basically ordered her to do it. She didn’t get the ship on her own, Magnus gave it to her after the players that took part in Sky Pirates of Tyria.

If anything, I see this as Magnus possibly making a power play, and using Kiel to do it.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

…The sales are temporary, and a nice intensive, but it’s the content that stays that matters…

the word is “incentive”
intensive comes from intense, like this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: frostyraziel.1854

frostyraziel.1854

Evon should have given us discount to listing tax on the TP. With the keys it seems like anet just wants to increase keys sales. It begs the question of how legit is this vote.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

Evon should have given us discount to listing tax on the TP. With the keys it seems like anet just wants to increase keys sales. It begs the question of how legit is this vote.

It isn’t.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lily Miranda.5407

Lily Miranda.5407

Bigger advantage for the keys because you can buy all you will ever use in those 4 weeks.

All the keys I will ever use is zero, except for those that drop from daily completion.

Gnash should give us discounts on kites and flutes.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

All the keys I will ever use is zero, except for those that drop from daily completion.

Gnash should give us discounts on kites and flutes.

Ditto. I refuse to pay another cent for keys, even a discounted one, until I can sell anything I get from those RNG toilets to someone that actually wants it, or the returns are improved enough that I am unlikely to want to sell/destroy any of it.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Veplerion.3921

Veplerion.3921

I’ll take lower waypoints over the keys. Spending actual gems/gold on keys isn’t a perk. Then I still have to spend money on the chests themselves. I lose, no matter what. The amount of chests you have to open to get something really good is absurd. Even burning through my backlog of chests won’t get me anything I actually want.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I feel like this is appropriate:

Attachments:

(edited by Shiren.9532)