Minigames and Their Achievements

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Dragonz.6953

Dragonz.6953

There are a couple of things I do not like within the new minigames and their achievements. I find that some of these achievements seem to be intended to go against the main goal in the game.

Southsun Survivor: The goal is to stay alive as long as possible and hope to be the last one standing. There is an achievement that is given for 2500 cumulative points. Points are granted by killing/collecting/traps and such. Now on paper this doesn’t seem bad, but when you are the second to last guy to die hiding from dead players using rations when hp is low, you get no points. In contrast, the first guy to die can go to the place with many assorted material piles and just gather up all the revenge motes for pretty much guaranteed second place in point standings, only after the guy that actually won. This promotes dying early in certain areas to capitalize on points per game as this is low-risk high reward points.

A solution would be to award additional points based on who survives longer, first place gets 50 pts, second place 40 pts etc… much like how Sanctum Sprint awards points.

Aspect Arena: Crystal Breaker. This achievement’s goal is to have you kill the crystal carriers. If you have a sun rush set and go to grab any crystal on your side of the map, if you use fully charged sun rush two times, you are in your base already, one or two steps from side altar and maybe 5 or so from middle altar. This makes it extremely difficult to stop crystal scoring alone or with a group on experienced players. It also promotes a full offensive strategy to offset the high amount of movement that players even with the orb still have.
You will only be able to get this achievement on inexperienced players as experienced players will be able to place the crystal 90-100% of the time.

I would suggest that in the future or perhaps in a hotfix/patch, players with orb have their endurance stripped and drop the orb or are not allowed to use skills like sun rush/ mist form.

(as an added sidenote, on blue side in Aspect Arena if you try to run against gate during countdown, you get teleported back to beginning while on red side you do not. )

(edited by Dragonz.6953)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: phtotrope.3761

phtotrope.3761

I got Crystal Breaker fairly easily, I didn’t run into the issues you are having. However, the main issue I can see is that some players are purposely waiting for others to pick up the crystal to farm the achievement. Not really anything you can do about that though.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i think surviving players should get points every now and then.

maybe +1 points every 3 seconds tick?
that would be like 20 points per minute.

or … ?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Yaos.4528

Yaos.4528

I’ve got 196 points after 6 games in Southsun Survival. At an average of 32 points per game that’s 78 games I need to play for the achievement.

in Cutthroat Politics

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I’ve got 196 points after 6 games in Southsun Survival. At an average of 32 points per game that’s 78 games I need to play for the achievement.

i read in the forums that ghosts could have better chance of getting more scores?

and more scores are awarded for playing aggressively.

i think a player kills award 5 points at least.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

1,000 points would be okay… still a grind, but okay. But 2,500… no. That’s just too much.

With an average of 30 points, you have to do about 5-6 games a day to fill that quota for the next two weeks.

Have fun casual players.

in Cutthroat Politics

Dragonz.6953

Realistically, you can get 50/play as a ghost simply by dying first and going to the first area with lots of assorted materials to pick up vengeful motes.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Southsun Survival is returning as part of the mini-game rotation, however. Maybe we should ask for clarification from the devs as to whether we can still complete the 2500 points achievement (along with the Aspect Arena achievements) even after Cutthroat Politics is over.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Absolutionis.9427

Absolutionis.9427

I didn’t know that you could outright die early and get more points than if you actually played the game. Good to know.

Seems counterintuitive that the superior strategy for achievement-hunters is to not play the game.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: kristof.7182

kristof.7182

It’s game about survive, not about kill ‘em all. What’s wrong with hiding in a plants? Do the same, take some rations and hide too.

And play aggresive when game start, for 2 minutes after start, you’ll be rez after you died, so go, kill and then – hide.

in Cutthroat Politics

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

until they change it so that survivors get more points for surviving, playing this game aggressively will have better chance to get more points.

in Cutthroat Politics

Dragonz.6953

I can get more points than the last survivor by intentionally dying as soon as grace ends. That shouldn’t happen.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Achievements are bad designed. Southsun Survivor is giving only 5 AP while taking much longer…

At the Aspect Arena the Crystal Breaker is taking longer and giving 10 AP(that’s how it should be – taking longer = more AP).

But I think they should have designed it so the harder achievements don’t take that long and give less AP – meaning for Aspect Arena instead of 15 Crystal Breaker and only 10 Crystal Capper(in the time you need to get 15 Crystal Breaker you can easily Cap much more Crystals) there should have been like 30 Crystal Capper 10 Crystal Breaker only.

Crystal Breaker seems getting harder now that the people learn to play. Got 5 easily yesterday… and now only got 1 in a few matchs…

It also makes you not to play for win… you need a good team to ignore the enemies first and let them cap Crystals. Then zerg the capper down(for some reason it is not giving credit anymore when knocking him off the Arena with Air skill 2… noticed this now but I remember that I got credit for kill while doing this 1 or 2 days ago). So it bascially needs a team to zerg the capper down cause with all the others of his team defending him you can’t kill him other than using Air 2(which does not seem to give credit).

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

Crystal Breaker is really tough to get now that people know how to run the crystal. Personally there is no location on the map I cannot get the crystal back from in 2 jumps (I usually roll lightning) or 2 wind invincibility skills. No matter if the whole team is trying to stop me It’s just too easy to run the orbs. The only way to stop someone is to time a push perfectly (luckily). And even then it doesn’t count towards the achievement.

I’m lucky I got my breaker before people realized how to run orbs but now? I see people complaining that they cant kill any orb carrier. And if they have a protector… lol Good luck.

It makes the fight to get the orb more important than trying to stop the runner once they have it. But still a very fun game. Perhaps movement skills shouldn’t be useable with the orb in hand? Or reduce them to half effect or distance?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I think it might get easier once more people have the Capper achievement. If the whole team is working together it is possible to stop the person with the crystal. If he is using Air his only good move is the 3 that makes him invulnerable and if you time one of that Lightning skills that prevents him from moving out of the circle after it then you can buy some time. Also using Air 2 to CC him a bit.

I was in one team where all most of the time focused on killing enemies carrying the crystal. And got 4-5 for Crystyl Breaker from that one match only. We even won cause 1 guy got 2-3 crystals for us and the enemy team was busy defending(and failing at defending) the whole time. Using T to target assist might help. And whole team required to zerg the guy down.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: kahzee.6042

kahzee.6042

Wind invulnerable is insanely op and makes it insane to kill

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

As long as the crystal breaker doesn’t use wind mode you can kill them.

But if they do then gg, you will never kill them.

And then of course there are the carriers who when they are about to die they jump off so you can’t get the credit. Very frustrating.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Personally I wish they’d stop with these specific achievements inside the mini games. They so often don’t promote just playing the game for fun and the way they were intended to be played. Instead you get people stressing out over getting their achievements and playing quite selfishly (like camping the gift spawn in Snowball Mayhem, akitteng in Dragon Ball, crystal bearer’s purposefully suiciding.. etc)