Need some clarification on the voting process

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: kiyue.5817

kiyue.5817

Ok how exactly are the votes counted?

I turn in the support tickets for tokens for the guy I wanna support. But appearently I can support both. So I assume many players will do both achievement categories just for the achievement points.
But how do I support the candidate I actualy want after I got all the achievements?
Is it enough to trade tickets for tokens or do I have to constantly use them and keep support active and do stuff even after I have the achievements? Or does my support stop after I have the achievements and I shouldn’t even do the ones for the candidate I don’t want?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

I’m no dev, but it was my understanding that the submission of your tokens into a basket was a "vote", so at the end the total number of those given to each basket will be what determines the winner.

The items we get that let us "support" a candidate are for visual fun and the completion of some of the achievements for the event, and as far as I am aware currently they have no role in the voting tally, such as it is.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

So are events completed while under the supporter buff counted towards anything? That’s the most confusing part to me. It seems to track events completed when you have the buff, but as far as I can tell only depositing tokens into the box is a vote.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

I just pulled up https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/cutthroat-politics-campaign-guide/ after making the post, and I agree that clarification might help. I still am assuming that it’s just the baskets that count as a vote, but re-reading the page I could see how the other activities -- the mini games, having the support item/buff up -- could easily also be used.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

You can get the achivements in the minigames without the badge on, it’s only regular play you need the button for. Taking that into account that you can get some achievements without the button, i’d assume it’s tokens put in the baskets.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: MatthewMedina

MatthewMedina

Content Designer

The ‘votes’ that count are the submission of Support Tokens to either candidate basket on the Zephyr Sanctum.

Using the candidate buttons to represent a candidate will allow you to do the content that progresses the achievements.

The best real world analogy I can give is:

Support Tokens = Voting
Candidate Buttons = Campaigning

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Aside from campaign, what other purpose do these buttons serve? I mean, I’m already done with the achievement, can I just destroy these? They don’t give us buffs right?

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

I really hope the Charr will win! I mean, who dosen’t want an awesome Fractals dungeon of the Fall of Abbadon?!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Aside from campaign, what other purpose do these buttons serve? I mean, I’m already done with the achievement, can I just destroy these? I mean, they don’t give us buffs right?

They’re novelty.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Cutthroat Politics

Leo Paul.1659

I kinda feel like the whole button system is a weak design. We get so much buttons that last for an hour each, they just take up unnecessary space and serve no real purpose.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Do the button “buffs” stack? If I eat 24 of them at once will I be supporting for a day?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Cutthroat Politics

Vol.5241

I kinda feel like the whole button system is a weak design. We get so much buttons that last for an hour each, they just take up unnecessary space and serve no real purpose.

So many buttons? AFAIK we only have two candidates, who give out two buttons, occupying two slots.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Cutthroat Politics

Vol.5241

Do the button “buffs” stack? If I eat 24 of them at once will I be supporting for a day?

No, it resets the buff like any other consumable

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

I really hope the Charr will win! I mean, who dosen’t want an awesome Fractals dungeon of the Fall of Abbadon?!

Those who know that a fractal will do no justice to an event as epic, determining, and important as the War of the Gods.

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Yeah the buttons are pretty useless. They should give a buff upon use. extra xp or karma. I have 2 stacks of the things already.

in Cutthroat Politics

Leo Paul.1659

So many buttons? AFAIK we only have two candidates, who give out two buttons, occupying two slots.

Each support token gives 1 button. I have more than 2 slots occupied already.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: kiyue.5817

kiyue.5817

thanks matthew

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Zebulous.2934

Zebulous.2934

perhaps, later the winning candidates button will give a buff? I wonder about the loser’s buttons though.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: liefbread.9513

liefbread.9513

I’m so glad I finished my achievements and have literal stacks of these buttons.

Just like a real election, this living story patch is awful (with the exclusion of Southshore survival, which is definitely a positive.)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

im just hoping theres no hanging chads in this one

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

I don’t
for two reasons:
1. I killed abaddon once – let the dead stay dead.
2. even as it was epic part of lore – no FRACTAL can make it properly.

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

No, it resets the buff like any other consumable

It would be great if they stack duration.
A slight buff is nice too, something like Kiel’s provide extra exp from kill, Gnashblade’s provide extra gold from kill.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

Not sure , but you may be sitting on the toilet for a lonnnnnnnnng time.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I dunno, they need to make the buttons easy to acquire because they are core to the achievements. Making them consumable ensures that people will go and vote. Achievements aren’t really achievements, more like hand holding quests to get you to do the content. They really should have given them a different name, because achievements is misleading.

The design of the buttons is intended to tie into the achievements thus ensuring players vote.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m just hoping we can trade in the Buttons at the end of the election for something, maybe 1 Fortune Scrap per Button. Once I’ve unlocked all of the achievements, there’s really no reason for me to use them at all, and they’re just slowly accumulating in my bank.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Since both “human” and “god” are boring concepts on their own, what can I really expect from this? 15 minutes of inane mumbling following by one boss fight? :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gmr Leon.1846

Gmr Leon.1846

Since both “human” and “god” are boring concepts on their own, what can I really expect from this? 15 minutes of inane mumbling following by one boss fight? :P

Not exactly, but roughly speaking, probably? If not mumbling, you’ll get silence, like in the actual Abaddon fight of GW1, or you’ll get annoying caps lock third-person speak like in the Dhuum fight.

Grydd, asuran engineer perpetually gathering materials.
Member of The Archivists’ Sanctum [Lore], a guild for lore enthusiasts.
The Adventurer’s Log!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

there’s really no reason for me to use them at all, and they’re just slowly accumulating in my bank.

You´re seemingly not the only one who still doesn´t get the basic concept.

Don´t hoard the support tickets, VOTE with them!

That (and only that) is what they are good for!
Once you have your “achievements”.

So you will for a month get either cheaper BL Keys(yay) or cheaper porting.

Polish > hype

(edited by HawkMeister.4758)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

there’s really no reason for me to use them at all, and they’re just slowly accumulating in my bank.

You´re seemingly not the only one who still doesn´t get the basic concept.

Don´t hoard the support tickets, VOTE with them!

That (and only that) is what they are good for!
Once you have your “achievements”.

So you will for a month get either cheaper BL Keys(yay) or cheaper porting.

I HAVE been voting with them. :P It’s the BUTTONS that are accumulating in my bank with no reason to use them. As of right now, I could easily represent Kiel for the next 3 MONTHS of gaming in GW2, but why would I want to after the election is over?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

I HAVE been voting with them. :P It’s the BUTTONS that are accumulating in my bank with no reason to use them. As of right now, I could easily represent Kiel for the next 3 MONTHS of gaming in GW2, but why would I want to after the election is over?

because she is the RIGHT choice, of course! ;-)

don’t give in to fear, hate and yarn, vote for KIEL!