Southsun Survival- Maximize Your Points

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Once I figured out the correct method I managed to get this achievement done fairly painlessly and had fun while doing it.

The key is to get at least 30 points during the grace period. You have to play very aggressively. Stay near the starting camp and get lots of arrows. Rations aren’t important, you will die before the grace period ends and be granted a free ration and arrow when you respawn. If you can get the pistol or the sword at the start do so. If you have the sword don’t attack a single person 3 times, but instead attack 3 different people once. As long as you do damage to them you will get 1 point for the hit and 5 points for the kill when they eventually die. The pistol is basically 2 headshots that you can use while moving, so use it for 2 free kills right off the bat before people have endurance.

Next head to the main camp and get at least 4 arrows. Climb up the tower and target people as they come by. Again don’t waste time or arrows trying to kill people, the idea is to weaken as many different players as possible. hitting 4 different players will net you a total of 24 points eventually.

If you die during the grace period and end up back at the main camp you are good, just keep doing what you were doing. If you get sent to a far camp just gather as many resources as possible and stay near another person.

Now for the important part. once the grace period ends, you need to be the first person to DIE. DO NOT KILL ANYONE. Dying first allows you to obtain all the blue ghost balls that spawn from every person who scavenges during the first 3 minutes of the game. If you are at the main camp this is usually 20-30 balls, and usually 10-20 balls at the outlying camps. Each one gives you 1 point, so you will end up with a score from 60-70.

After this you have two different strategies. The goal is to end the game as quickly as possible while still maintaining a steady stream of points. Every trap you set off is worth 2 points, and every kill is worth 5. if you have a game with a lot of hiders who stocked up rations and are in a bush then you want to max out your balls to 15, find them and spawn a kakra on their head. Wait until they start running. They will almost always do a dodge right off the bat. Once the kakra is fully out of the ground drop a KD trap slightly ahead of them. If it spawns on them it will not go off, it needs to be ahead of them, and it takes 0.5 seconds to cast so plan accordingly. Make sure to place it so they can’t miss it. This will give you a 99% chance of the kakra killing them and them triggering the trap for a instant 7 points.

If you find someone running around instead of hiding then you will want to switch to alarm traps instead. These can only be triggered while running so if someone is just hiding don’t bother since it won’t trigger. If you see a runner you follow the same method as the KD trap. It will apply 2 stacks of torment to them. If they are smart they will stop moving, wait for it to drop off, heal and then start up again. Once they start up again hit them with another. If they don’t stop moving you can stack them, and hold enough motes for 3 traps total, giving you 6 pts, and them almost certain death for another 5 points. These are much cheaper than the kakra+KD combo so you will get more points doing this initially, but if it means the match will draw out longer, then it might be better to go for the above combo to finish off hiders.

I found this method to be much more fun then trying to survive to the end. You get to do a lot more killing, rack up more points (I usually got highest points every round, even though I was one of the first to die), and get to annoy more people from the grave.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: VKP Butcher.2751

VKP Butcher.2751

…and this is one of the biggest problems with this minigame. The scoring system runs counter to the actual objective and the stupid achievement makes it even worse.

I gave my limbs to the gods, perhaps I’ll add yours to the offering!
Killian Darkwood(Rng), Kaalia Darkheart(Guard), Avacyn Darkmind(Mes):Maguuma