Support tokens shouldn't be rare

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Nor should they even exist in the loot table.

It’s not loot, it gives you nothing.

“o look, a wooden chest! Oh boy! Another support token!”

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

In GW1 event items never replaced normal loot in the tables, they dropped in addition to normal loot. I suspect it’s the same as the support tokens.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Zealous.1386

Zealous.1386

My first thought on reading this was – you’ve got to be kidding, it’s raining these stupid things! Then I read your post and sort of agree. Not a big deal at all but ever since my D2 days I’ve enjoyed that “oh gold!” drop feeling and these are a bit of a let down. Again, really not stressing over it though..

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

I wonder, is this crap lower our chances to get rares?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Rottaran Owain.6789

Rottaran Owain.6789

I’ve gotten more wooden chests the last two days than I have in the past months of playing, so I’m pretty sure it’s on its own loot chance separate from the rest.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

It’s very annoying that these are rares. If I’m doing WvW I’ll do crazy stuff to go loot a rare weapon/armor that I left behind. Now… I have no clue if what I’m going to go suicide bomb a zerg to get is worth my trouble/repair cost. It also doesn’t reflect the rarity of the item what so ever… seriously, it drops at about the same rate white items do. Fix this like you guys did with the rare minis and at least make them greens.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: selfdisplaced.5781

selfdisplaced.5781

It seems since the Cutthroat Politics update, the wooden chests stopped giving kite fortunes and scraps and now just give support tokens makes scraps even harder to come by.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

I actually agree with OP, seeing a wooden chest and then getting a support token in it is a bit of a downer. I have quite a few of them (they’ll be going to Evon), but I’d really prefer wooden chests are kept for normal rare loot, and not something like this. It’s not like I can make money from it :-P

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Alleluia.1320

Alleluia.1320

It seems since the Cutthroat Politics update, the wooden chests stopped giving kite fortunes and scraps and now just give support tokens makes scraps even harder to come by.

Actually I still got a few kite fortunes from wooden boxes when I was running/swimming around in Gendarren fields this morning.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

They haven’t stopped dropping them, there are just more wooden chests to go through, so it seems like less. At least, that’s what I think, may be wrong.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

These tokens clearly aren’t rare in the sense that they don’t appear often – because they do. Much more often than most ‘rare’ items and in line with blues or greens – and so I can only assume then that they’re particularly well-made tokens, since the item descriptions seem to simultaneously refer to quality and abundance.