Tally counter for the voting?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Jasmine Salina.3609

Jasmine Salina.3609

Q:

I’m seriously surprised that there isn’t a counter showing who’s got how many votes for this event. I want to be able to see who’s winning at any given point up till the end of the voting process.

The fact that this was not even implemented at the start has already given way to people claiming that this whole thing is rigged. To be quite honest, I can clearly see why they are saying that. No one knows who’s winning or who’s behind. Not to mention the fact that when Anet posts who won, people will say and I can guarantee this that Anet just posted who won regardless of the amount of votes.

I know there has to be a counter for each of those baskets that we place our tokens in within the game-code. So why can’t we be allowed to see that counter?

|Seer – Elementalist|

|KnT | BG|

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: PMilkos.9103

PMilkos.9103

This is an election.
When your country elects its government, do you have a vote counter running while the voting is still going on? Hell, even in things like the Eurovision, the vote count appears after the voting has ended.

That is for a reason that should be beyond obvious: if the count was visible, people would be inclined to vote for what they’d believe would win, rather than what they’d want to win, thus greatly alterling the result of the vote. So you will have to trust on Anet to be fair, just like you have to trust the election comitee in your country to be fair.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Even if there was a counter it could be rigged. This way no one knows when to stop spending their gold on vote tickets. ;p

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

This is an election.
When your country elects its government, do you have a vote counter running while the voting is still going on? Hell, even in things like the Eurovision, the vote count appears after the voting has ended.

That is for a reason that should be beyond obvious: if the count was visible, people would be inclined to vote for what they’d believe would win, rather than what they’d want to win, thus greatly alterling the result of the vote. So you will have to trust on Anet to be fair, just like you have to trust the election comitee in your country to be fair.

Well, in real elections, there’s exit polling and other metrics that can be used to gauge how well people are doing. Elections do not usually last longer than week for voting either.

Though, it is probably better that we don’t know who’s winning.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall