Thaumanova Reactor Explosion

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Chaos Magic is a lot like the Infinite Improbability Drive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjbtZ4NgtdA

Far more exciting and fun than moldy old gods.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: JonG.7206

JonG.7206

Why no third party! QUAGGAN FOR COUNCIL!!!!

#TeamQuagganluvsU

A Quaggan would win the election easily. Anet wants this to be a challenge.

I would vote for a quaggan even if he wanted to double the cost of way points and research an canach fractal.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Kosai.7458

Kosai.7458

vote #team Edward

oh wait…

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I wonder what kinds of things would happen if you mixed the Mists with chaos energy…

Kormir’s spirit goes Super Sonic and destroys the WvW Battlegrounds?
Oh wait wrong chaos, never mind!

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Lol, this thread is cracking me up…

#VoteEvon

NSPride <3

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Lol, do you really care about Abbadon? I’ll tell you something about him, Abbadon give the power of magic to humans that made a Hell in Tyria and he was defeated by Kormir and so, do you really want to know what happened go play GW1… XD
I want the reactor…
#KIELFTW #TEAMKIEL

Defeated by Kormir!? I killed Abbadon! That kitten did nothing!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: RobinotX.1604

RobinotX.1604

I wonder what kinds of things would happen if you mixed the Mists with chaos energy…

Can you maybe elobarate more on this? Maybe give us a little sneak peak of how the story would go. I mean we KNOW what FoA will give us. But we have no idea what the story of Thaumanova Reactor would bring. And if you bring it on par on something with, what seems, most people are psyched about from nostalgia reasons. Then there should be a bigger story in it.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

Abadons story will be the story how he was banished befor gw1

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

I just hope that in the future we can get the other option, I can’t decide which of the 2 options to pick

1. Abaddon: GODS, nuff said.
2. Reactor: It intrigues me to know what happened there, what were the Inquest using to release such chaotic energies?

Seriously Anet please, let us have the second one some time in the future

Attachments:

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

I have zero interest in Abbadon. A leftover relic of lore from a game GW2 tries to distance itself from at every opportunity. Besides, the rampant hype, nostalgia and overblown expectations will make it easily the most disappointing, if not hated Fractal in the Mists… unless its made so easy it can be added to the FOTM farm rotation.

Show me the Reactor. No one knows what happened there… and its not often you get to see the worlds fabric turn inside out.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Why experience the imprisonment of a god, or a massive experiment gone wrong, when you can experience the rebirth of Elona at the hands of a true hero? Vote for someone with centuries of experience and proven leadership abilities!

#VotePalawaJoko

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

(edited by EnemyCrusher.7324)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

Seriously, I keep trying to make this known.

Asuran city…massive chaos magic explosion…world’s fabric turned inside out.

The possibilities are literally endless, and can be just as lore-filled as the other. It’s definitely on the same level as the Fall of Abaddon, if not higher.

(edited by Vahkris.6847)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

Why experience the imprisonment of a god, or a massive experiment gone wrong, when you can experience the rebirth of Elona at the hands of a true hero? Vote for someone with centuries of experience and proven leadership abilities!

#VotePalawaJoko

god dang it. that was great, #VotePalawaJoko

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

#VotePalawaJoko

Now voiced by Christopher Walken, you heard it here first folks.

#VotePalawaJoko

…and Evon Gnashblade, because Abaddon is kewl!

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I just hope that in the future we can get the other option, I can’t decide which of the 2 options to pick

2. Reactor: It intrigues me to know what happened there, what were the Inquest using to release such chaotic energies?

YOU ARE MY HERO. I love that advert! That little girl is a legend!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Serephen.3420

Serephen.3420

Yeah sorry, I was going for kiel at first until I saw Evon was doing a nightfall fractal. Sorry nothing beats that :P

#EvonGnashblade

Also to those thinking it has anything to do with the mad asuran in fractals…no it isn’t. It’s where the fire elemental world boss spawns and plenty of info over there but nothing interesting.

(edited by Serephen.3420)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Tiborb.1453

Tiborb.1453

1 out of 5 Tyrians is interested in human gods.

5 out of 5 Tyrians visit the Thaumanova Reactor every day to clean it up.

#TeamKiel

What?
We are talking about a Charr interested in the fall of a Human God, and “Charr need no gods!”, so this must be important for the races of Tyria.

#TeamGnashblade

(erm… lorewise… something seem a bit messed up :p )

[LOCK] The Closed Society – Seafarer’s Rest

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Alleluia.1320

Alleluia.1320

1 out of 5 Tyrians is interested in human gods.

5 out of 5 Tyrians visit the Thaumanova Reactor every day to clean it up.

#TeamKiel

What?
We are talking about a Charr interested in the fall of a Human God, and “Charr need no gods!”, so this must be important for the races of Tyria.

#TeamGnashblade

(erm… lorewise… something seem a bit messed up :p )

I’ve noticed a lot of charr living in Lion’s Arch aren’t stereotypically “charr-like” in their beliefs and practices. Cubs being raised by a “ma and pa” instead of a neighborhood “farrah” thing, for example.

If Evon isn’t a part of the legions and isn’t really part of the charr nation (at least not at this point in his life. No idea what his history there is), then I can see him being totally ok with looking in to the fall of a human god. There are a lot of humans in his “potential voter” pool who still have faith in them, after all. All he has to do is be willing to cater to that.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

YOU ARE MY HERO. I love that advert! That little girl is a legend!

Thank you kind sir, she truly deserves some love ^^

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Reason to vote for Kiel:

Thaumanova Reactor is pretty much tied to all things Inquest. Including being the precursor to the Crucible of Eternity. In other words, Thaumanova Reactor is the precursor facility to Inquest’s primary research facility on the Elder Dragons (which also exploded and also exhibits chaos magic).

So in the end, you pretty much get this with the Fractal choices:

Gods lore vs. Elder Dragons lore

I say to Anet, why not both? Like Ghost.3208 said, bring the other one later! Evon would be interested in revealing this either way and has the money to it.

#VoteSuwashthePirate

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Rook.8735

Rook.8735

1. Abbadon did not used to be a “Human” god. The gods, at the point of Abbadon’s defeat, were recognized by all existing races although some did not choose to worship them. Even some Charr worshiped lesser known gods. Abbadon was worshiped by the Margonites, who used to be fishermen. Abbadon, supposedly gaining more power from a defeated god, tried to obtain more power. The gods then exiled Abbadon. This led to a war between Abbadon and the other gods where Abbadon was defeated. Abbadon’s death turned the Crystal SEA INTO THE Crystal DESERT. After Abbadon was defeated the gods left the world in what’s known as The Exodus. It is only AFTER the gods left that they became the “Human’s” gods, because the Humans were the only race who still believed they were still there. So what’s the big deal then? Research could spread that maybe the gods didn’t “dissapear.” Questions such as – Where did they go? Why did they go? Are they coming back? – could all be answered.

2. The Thaumanova Reactor explosion is also surrounded in mystery. We know the Inquest are behind the explosions, but do they even know what caused it or what might become of it? The Reactor used to be the center of a busy Asuran city. It obtained some sort of “chaos energy” which eve the Asurans were unsure about. Surprisingly. Then the chaos energy destroyed the city and created, what we would call a wrinkle in time, which allowed for the random transportation of organisms around the area. It not only created a wrinkle, but it drastically changed the climate in not one, not two, but five separate sections! So far, not even the Asurans have an explanation for all of this.

So which of these seems more interesting to you? I personally find both story lines could be filled with mystery and probably a twist that could change the fate of our world. Here’s some information on the candidates:

Evon Gnashblade: Charr. Co-founder and current leader of the Black Lion Trading Company. The BLTC is the leading trading company on our world. A Monopoly if you ask me. Being the leader of a company such as this, you have to be agile, cunning, and very cutthroat. The trading business is not easy! Especially with pirates. There is no doubt that Evon can make a deal with the zephyrs, but at what gain to him? We can not obviously think that a merchant at his status will not make this deal worth his while as well. It’s in a business’ nature to gain more than its customers. But Evon can get the job done and could bring in a very nice train of supply and commerce into Lion’s Arch. Making the city more productive as a whole.

Elle Kiel: Human. Very high rank and reputation in the Lionguard. The Lionguard are the personal protectors of Lion’s Arch and most of Tyria’s trade routes to the city. Being a high ranking official in the Lionguard, Elle is very versed in not only combat, but negotiations. With heavy pirate activity all throughout Tyria, Elle has not had an easy time as a Lionguard. It takes more than just skill with a a blade to ascend the ranks. But who is this Captain Magnus the Bloody-Handed she reports to? Captain Magus is the head of the Lionguard, and gained his name by his cruel treatment of prisoners. Do we want another puppet in service of the Lionguard to sit on the council? Elle has proven she can fight and deal her way out of sticky situations. She could not only provide more commerce, but possibly greater security to the city of Lion’s Arch and its people.

Still undecided?
I’m going to need to see a stronger platform from both candidates before I can make a decision on which will prove the most useful to us citizen and consumers of Lion’s Arch.

BRING PARAGONS BACK!!!
Rits would be cool to.

(edited by Rook.8735)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

#Team Abaddon Fractal

AmateurNet

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

#Team Both for Council

Why? Because we get ALL THE PRIZES. Why have one when YOU CAN HAVE BOTH!?

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

1. Abbadon did not used to be a “Human” god. The gods at the point of Abbadon’s defeat were worshipped by all existing races. Even the Charr worshiped some of the lesser known gods. Abbadon was worshiped by the Margonites, who used to be fishermen. Abbadon, supposedly gaining more power from a defeated god, tried to obtain more power. The gods then exiled Abbadon. This led to a war between Abbadon and the other gods where Abbadon was defeated. Abbadon’s death turned the Crystal SEA INTO THE Crystal DESERT. After Abbadon was defeated the gods left the world in what’s known as The Exodus. It is only AFTER the gods left that they became the “Human’s” gods, because the Humans were the only race who still believed they were still there. So what’s the big deal then? Research could spread that maybe the gods didn’t “dissapear.” Questions such as – Where did they go? Why did they go? Are they coming back? – could all be answered.

Actually that is false. Read here on the genesis of magic in the world of Tyria.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

in Cutthroat Politics

FlamingFoxx.1305

Actually that is false. Read here on the genesis of magic in the world of Tyria.

Thank you for beating me to posting that xD.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

Probably the same thing that happens when u mix Dexters Laboratory whit DeeDee.

What does thiiis button dooooo? pushes

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

in Cutthroat Politics

inazuma.7021

Evon Gnashblade: Charr. Co-founder and current leader of the Black Lion Trading Company. The BLTC is the leading trading company on our world. A Monopoly if you ask me. Being the leader of a company such as this, you have to be agile, cunning, and very cutthroat. The trading business is not easy! Especially with pirates. There is no doubt that Evon can make a deal with the zephyrs, but at what gain to him? We can not obviously think that a merchant at his status will not make this deal worth his while as well. It’s in a business’ nature to gain more than its customers. But Evon can get the job done and could bring in a very nice train of supply and commerce into Lion’s Arch. Making the city more productive as a whole.

Gnashblade has also demonstrated he’ll sell out Lion’s Arch’s best interests to make a quick gold piece when he started selling Consortiuum goods through the BLTC. The Consortiuum, if anyone needs reminding, is not politically friendly towards Lion’s Arch. They started building their “refugee town” on Southsun without LA’s direct permission (the island technically being in LA’s territory), knowing that public opinion would tie the Captains Council’s hands.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

Am I the only one that’s curious of the relationship between the Uncategorized Fractal and the Thaumanova Reactor incident? The wiki says that it (Thamumanova Reactor) was the site of a RUINED Asura City.

Is it possible that the Uncategorized Fractal is the sealed off modern day version… of the city on top of Thaumanova Reactor?

in Cutthroat Politics

inazuma.7021

Am I the only one that’s curious of the relationship between the Uncategorized Fractal and the Thaumanova Reactor incident? The wiki says that it (Thamumanova Reactor) was the site of a RUINED Asura City.

Is it possible that the Uncategorized Fractal is the sealed off modern day version… of the city on top of Thaumanova Reactor?

It’s already possible to get on top of the reactor, through an event. Though all you do up there is fight a Steam Ogre boss on a small platform.

in Cutthroat Politics

FlamingFoxx.1305

No. We’ve had an official response from a dev that confirms the Uncategorised Fractal, like all of the other Fractals, is a past event, not present or future.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

My theory is that somehow Uncategorized is an alternate timeline connected to Thaumanova research and Dessa doesn’t know she isn’t from your Tyria.
It would explain some weird inconsistencies, like the thought of LA having a portal to Mistlock being absurd to her, and her not knowing what a sylvari is.
A funny thing, Uncategorized is full of harpies, and in greek mythology… harpies are the children of Thaumas.

(edited by Redfeather.6401)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory, which states that this has already happened. -Fit the Seventh

The answer (or the question!) lies here:

Attachments:

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

Really, as cute as the Asura are, and as much as I appreciate their technology, I really love the roots of GW, and that is the human gods. Also, the whole techno-babble thing bores me after a while.

Sorry Thalador ;-) , but I say: Vote Gnashblade

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

Probably the same thing that happens when u mix Dexters Laboratory whit DeeDee.

What does thiiis button dooooo? pushes

Lol I will laugh hard if this happen in the reactor. (an asura accidentally pushes the button which blow up all reactor sites). And years later, this asura is the same asura which stands in reactor gate.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

You do know that the Ascalon fractal is the fall of Ascalon right? When you are getting ported out you hear that a giant energy surge is incoming and that is 100% the foefire.

Actually no.
It is an alternate version of the Searing (which on the other hand is the real fall of Ascalon, since Ascalon was already more or less fallen when the Foefire took place)

Or just a simple Ascalonian city to the north that was one of the first ones to fall.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory, which states that this has already happened. -Fit the Seventh

The answer (or the question!) lies here:

interesting. but i dont se nothing but energy surges. A bit explanation please

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: DONO.8760

DONO.8760

Too bad we’ll never find out…#TeamEvon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Too bad we’ll never find out…#TeamEvon

Indeed.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

like we all know,.. fotm is an open time machine by itself.. mixing chaos energy into it..
it certainly will be more interesting than watching a rewind of the death of zaith.. i mean abadon.. too mainstream!!!!
#vote for kiel!!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Rook.8735

Rook.8735

1. Abbadon did not used to be a “Human” god. The gods at the point of Abbadon’s defeat were worshipped by all existing races. Even the Charr worshiped some of the lesser known gods. Abbadon was worshiped by the Margonites, who used to be fishermen. Abbadon, supposedly gaining more power from a defeated god, tried to obtain more power. The gods then exiled Abbadon. This led to a war between Abbadon and the other gods where Abbadon was defeated. Abbadon’s death turned the Crystal SEA INTO THE Crystal DESERT. After Abbadon was defeated the gods left the world in what’s known as The Exodus. It is only AFTER the gods left that they became the “Human’s” gods, because the Humans were the only race who still believed they were still there. So what’s the big deal then? Research could spread that maybe the gods didn’t “dissapear.” Questions such as – Where did they go? Why did they go? Are they coming back? – could all be answered.

Maybe saying that all races “worshiped” the gods wasn’t completely accurate, but nothing else from this statement is false. The gods could have technically been worshiped by anybody. They just favored humans for the most part, which is why when The Exodus occurred, the humans continued their loyalty to the gods. But I’ll edit that part of the post.

BRING PARAGONS BACK!!!
Rits would be cool to.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

I’m just making this up, but:

The Abbadon fractal research might lead to expanding the map into the crystel desert, while the Thaumanova research might lead to followups into the western maguuma region. Simply because “vote on which fractal you get” is a bit thin.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

Crystal Desert → Desolation → The rest of Elona → Cantha → Space → Another galaxy…

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

The Abbadon fractal research might lead to expanding the map into the crystel desert, while the Thaumanova research might lead to followups into the western maguuma region. Simply because “vote on which fractal you get” is a bit thin.

It’s only the first vote players are getting to determine what will be developed. We’ll likely get more.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

This…is an interesting theory. If it’s true, then I have to vote Evon because I want to see that Crystal Desert.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Pewintodo.4138

Pewintodo.4138

Nicholas the Traveller & Yakkington would get sucked through time and space and end up in LA giving away precursors for 25 moldy bags?

At least that’s what happens in my mind. I’ll begin work on the thermic regulators right away although the ethereal transponders may require ‘Sum quartz’. For all the Bookahs, that’s the quantity of quartz which would be required to build a full-size duplicate of Rata Sum. If you all start mining today we could have enough by Wintersday.

Chef Nomm,
Knight of the Four Seasonings,
Direct descendent of a third-cousins-father-in-laws-uncle’s-half-brother of a daughter of Vekk
(it was the half-brother that kicked Count Zu-Heltzer in the Kurzicks)
Supreme Crabtosser and Sanctum Sprinter,
Founding member of the Leet Asuran Mugging Posse (commonly referenced in the everyday expression “lamp ’im one”)
Devoted follower of Tsunn-Orr Moone
Even more devoted follower of the goldless path
6 times winner of Evon Gnashblades ‘nothing much in there’ award
459,278,005th winner of the annual Metrica “small-exaggeration” award
Holder of the Tyrian record for least-number-of-over-cooked-spicier-flank-steaks
Newest competitor in the least-likely-accepted-signature award
Eternal inhabitant of Vabbi
Most humble and modest servant of Zomorros

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Voltar.8574

Voltar.8574

Well, I’ve developed a general mistrust for ArenaNet characters presented as the white-knight or pedestal good guy.

They always wind up as zerk morons with daddy issues, tyranical human-sacrifice cults, undead titan-spewing overlords and so on.

Thaumanova is in-game now and can afford to be a LS update first so people know what they’re getting.

#EvonGnashblade

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Just to clarify – The fall of abaddon event has been confirmed to be events that happened PRE-GW1.

meaning, we will see the gods actually cast him out, and probably experience Arah/Orr before the region was destroyed.

Best.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

Just to clarify – The fall of abaddon event has been confirmed to be events that happened PRE-GW1.

meaning, we will see the gods actually cast him out, and probably experience Arah/Orr before the region was destroyed.

Best.

Just to clarify: Abaddon was not cast down neither in Orr nor Arah, but on the very Elonian shores of the Crystal Sea, where the Temple of the Six Gods once stood.

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Even better.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

#VotePalawaJoko

Now voiced by Christopher Walken, you heard it here first folks.

#VotePalawaJoko

…and Evon Gnashblade, because Abaddon is kewl!