The Fall of Abbadon

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Necrid.2705

Necrid.2705

Everyone does realize that if Keil wins, the Cheaper Waypoints is only temporary, right?

Vote Evon, Fall of Abbaddon, if you want Thermanova, go to Metrica Province, it’s already there.

— Necrid — Ehmry Bay — [TML]/[oG] — Charrdian Main — All Classes
— [Twitch] twitch.tv/necrid2705 — [GW-EN] gw-en.com “Necrid and Chill”

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

Im much more interested in the fall of abbadon rather than the thaumanova reactor.. so.. GNASHBLADE FTW!

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Abandon Abaddon!
The Gods are dead, we must forge our own futures.
Kill the Dragons, use Asuran tech and magic along with Charr Iron, Sylvari curiosity, Human sweat, and Norn bravery to change the world!

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Hybrid Theory.7361

Hybrid Theory.7361

would be pretty sick if we got to play as are gw1 chars to beat abaddon again

Steez | How Big Is Your Pvpness [EpeN] | Ruthless

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Atlas.9704

The problem would be those who didn’t have GW1 characters would be out of luck.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Specs.2195

Specs.2195

I’d vote for the Fall of Abaddon regardless of how it is exactly meant (original imprisonment or end of Nightfall campaign). The Thaumanova Reactor already exists, as does an Asura themed fractal so adding more of that to the game seems far less interesting than being able to visit a time/place integral to GW universe lore. A Fall of Abaddon fractal seems like it would be a greater departure from everything else already in the game and it would be nice to go back to Elona / Realm of Torment (whichever the case may be).

There is no signature here.

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

To be honest…
Don´t forget that this would be just a fractal. I mean: mobs, advance, mobs, advance, agonny boss.
Don´t expect lore.

However, what we should consider is the aspect or theme of that fractal.
I imagine the evon’s one an aquatic one, with fights against margolites (pirates) both in water and in their ships, and finnaly an abbadon plenty of agony to share with us.

To me sounds better that what I imagine for kiel’s one (tipical asura lab, and fight against asuras and its robots).

But the sale from both… it is definetly better the one from kiel (at least in my opinion). Black lion keys against wp? it is clear to me.

I think I´ll vote for Kiel. Sorry Abbadon, at the end i expect you to be just a fractal. No lore.

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Asbrandr.6324

Asbrandr.6324

The way I see it, this could refer to any one of Abaddon’s three falls. Either his initial fall from grace and dispute with the gods, the final battle with the gods at the Mouth of Torment, or his defeat at the hands of the GW1 heroes in the Realm of Torment.

Any of those situations sound way more interesting than the failing of a reactor that is essentially the beta version of CoE. I’ll maintain that both could be interesting; however, I’m a bit of a sucker for throwbacks and anything regarding Abaddon so….

#TeamGnashblade

Zevkk | 80 Necromancer | Vyhrr Sootshroud | 80 Thief
Cyrus Quintillus | 80 Mesmer | Asbrandr Godrikson | 80 Warrior
Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

So
“Abaddon was incensed and went to war with the others, and he was eventually struck down at the Mouth of Torment, in a blow that turned the Crystal Sea into a desert. There, Abaddon was sealed within the Realm of Torment and the city of Morah was established to watch over the spot where he fell. Shortly after his defeat, the gods left the world in an act that came to be known as the Exodus.”
Can it be a step forward to a new location (Crystal Desert)?

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I so want Abbadon’s Fall.

Trehearne should help us there, so we can see him and Kormir side-by-side.

and maybe trehearne finally dies
:D

THAT would be satisfying^^

Trahearn becomes the next god of Tyria alongside Kormir.

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Katran.9186

Trahearn becomes the next god of Tyria alongside Kormir.

Trahearn – God of inspirational speeches and modesty

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Atlas.9704

Trahearn – God of things not ending well

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

Honestly, as a HUGE HUGE HUGE GW1 Fan who somewhat finds some GW2 content disappointing…

I’d rather get the Thaumonova Explosion.

I mean, I don’t find it exciting to go through a Fractals on which the god was absorbed by the likes of (shudders) Kormir

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Hell…. Yes… Abbaddon is the best villain the game. Dragons are total boring fail.
Cuz I wanna see a dragon-sized Grenth ripping up Abbadon.

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Acidicore.3264

Acidicore.3264

Defeated him once back in the old game, rather do something new and interesting.

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Trahearne, God of moving on.

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Acidicore.3264

Acidicore.3264

Trahearne God of commander can I have a moment.

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

Trahearne God of commander can I have a moment.

Trahearne, God of Clarwrrrrrr Island

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Katran.9186

Wh…Grenth? Grenth fought Dhuum, not Abaddon.
And I don’t think it will be second Fall. More like first with all the Gods helping.

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Harbard.5738

Harbard.5738

I so want Abbadon’s Fall.

Trehearne should help us there, so we can see him and Kormir side-by-side.

and maybe trehearne finally dies

THAT would be satisfying^^

Watch out last time we carried somebody trough a fight with Abaddon
it became a God herself. Hail hail 7th god of Tyria, Trehearne!

(leave him at home, guys.)

OH GOD I WOULD DO EVERYTHING TO PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING!

What if Treejesus became an evil deity? That would be a great excuse to give him an entire reworked personality at a late stage.

Give me game. Not grind, not gating, not RNG, not +stat junk, not checklists.

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Colin just said on the stream that the Fall of Abaddon will be the very first fall when he fights the gods.

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Wh…Grenth? Grenth fought Dhuum, not Abaddon.
And I don’t think it will be second Fall. More like first with all the Gods helping.

ALL of the gods fought Abadon. we know that 3 of them fought directly & the rest helped, but they all defeated him together.

“Abaddon was incensed and went to war with the others, and he was eventually struck down at the Mouth of Torment, in a blow that turned the Crystal Sea into a desert. "

And yes, Colin said it’s PRE gw1 so it’s the fight of the gods.

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Pretty sure the fall of abbadon doesn’t refer to the gw1 mission. It would be pointless to replay the same mission jut with different mechanics. It’s a shame they can’t do both the reactor and fall

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Been pointed out on the interview on twitch thakittens pre GW1 event.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

I don’t think ArenaNet can handle a fractal like that. Most fractals are short and no lore/explanations are given to the players after completing them. This is the fall of Abaddon we’re talking about.

The 6th human god that lived in Arah with the humans. The god of secrets and water and the god who gave the gift of magic to all races in Tyria. The god that caused most of the first games problems (Shiro, the Lich and the fall of Orr, Nightfall, the Searing, the Guild Wars, etc).

If ArenaNet is planning on making a fractal out of the final mission in Guild Wars Nightfall, how will they include the Sunspears (and the player character him/herself)? Will they just lie and make it look like Kormir defeated Abaddon herself? Will ArenaNet allow us to defeat Abaddon again? If they do include the Sunspears, they’d have to redesign all the GW1 heroes from Nightfall for this one fractal.

Or if ArenaNet is planning on making a fractal out of the event where the gods fought and defeated Abaddon before imprisoning him in the Realm of Torment, what would be the point of that? The GODS fought Abaddon, not a bunch of mortals. Who will we fight in that fractal? Will it show the actual human gods fighting? If that’s the case then they would have to expose the appearances of all six gods which so far only their avatar forms have been seen by us, the players (an exception would be Kormir’s form at the end of Nightfall).

Sadly, the most realistic approach to this from ArenaNet would be turning it into another Zhaitan fight. Cute cutscenes of the big bad monster flying around and doing stuff before “slipping” into a state of vulnerability so you, the player, can hit #2 at the safety of a cannon that probably isn’t even aiming at the big bad monster. There weren’t any asuran cannons in Orr/Crystal Desert(Sea), how could they possibly make “The Fall of Abaddon” work?

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Katran.9186

>The GODS fought Abaddon, not a bunch of mortals.
Well, duh, mortals fought too.

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: StygSec.7163

StygSec.7163

I don’t think ArenaNet can handle a fractal like that. Most fractals are short and no lore/explanations are given to the players after completing them. This is the fall of Abaddon we’re talking about.

The 6th human god that lived in Arah with the humans. The god of secrets and water and the god who gave the gift of magic to all races in Tyria. The god that caused most of the first games problems (Shiro, the Lich and the fall of Orr, Nightfall, the Searing, the Guild Wars, etc).

If ArenaNet is planning on making a fractal out of the final mission in Guild Wars Nightfall, how will they include the Sunspears (and the player character him/herself)? Will they just lie and make it look like Kormir defeated Abaddon herself? Will ArenaNet allow us to defeat Abaddon again? If they do include the Sunspears, they’d have to redesign all the GW1 heroes from Nightfall for this one fractal.

Or if ArenaNet is planning on making a fractal out of the event where the gods fought and defeated Abaddon before imprisoning him in the Realm of Torment, what would be the point of that? The GODS fought Abaddon, not a bunch of mortals. Who will we fight in that fractal? Will it show the actual human gods fighting? If that’s the case then they would have to expose the appearances of all six gods which so far only their avatar forms have been seen by us, the players (an exception would be Kormir’s form at the end of Nightfall).

Sadly, the most realistic approach to this from ArenaNet would be turning it into another Zhaitan fight. Cute cutscenes of the big bad monster flying around and doing stuff before “slipping” into a state of vulnerability so you, the player, can hit #2 at the safety of a cannon that probably isn’t even aiming at the big bad monster. There weren’t any asuran cannons in Orr/Crystal Desert(Sea), how could they possibly make “The Fall of Abaddon” work?

Just to humor you I’ll say human cannons. Also we’ll be on bamboo rafts, and the gods will be fighting above us.

No, but in all reality. Let’s hope that ArenaNet has learned from that mistake. There is no possible way that they would take an Abaddon fight, and rehakitten into Zhaitan. If you want a MMO with so much rehashed content then I recommend a MMO that came out in 2004 it has elves, greenskins, humans, furries, and blueskins.

Away from that.

Kiel had my vote until I read Evon’s information. Waypoints for cheap for a month is not as enticing as sliced Black Lion Keys, or research into fighting Abaddon in a Fractal.

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: AesirValkyr.7418

AesirValkyr.7418

Just to add so everyone who didn’t watch todays dev stream, The Fall of Abaddon takes place before GW1 and the Reactor takes place after GW1. Thats what ColinJ said.

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

No. Kitten. Way.

I will never support a godkitten ed, cutthroat businessman who’s only concerned about profit and swimming in pools of gold in his luxurious residence he built from taxing our transactions.

This is outright bribery. This is corruption. And if you buy in, you’re corrupt as well.

The wretched practice called RNG will thrive in a way never before seen because every skritt-brained bookah will think it’s a good trade to waste money on tonics and XP boosters.

The ancestors of my characters saw the true Fall of Abaddon. It cannot get anymore epic than that. And personally, I don’t want the truth about Abaddon’s betrayal revealed so soon. I’d find it way more intriguing if we could piece it together over time, and learning of the key factors leading up to it and the conflicts of the gods by visiting their realms, for instance.

And personally, I’m really interested in the Thaumanova incident. It is known the Inquest were working with draconic energies beneath the main complex, and the meltdown somehow led to critical chaos magic buildup. I’m confident we could learn more about the Elder Dragons and their origins. What if they are sentient chaos magic, for instance?

Personally, I always feel iffy to use Waypoints, and I always juggle to minimize the fees. That cut on prices would be greatly appreciated, even if for only four weeks.

All in all, I’m disgusted with Evon Gnashblade and his practices. From a heavy lore point of view, what did he do for the good of Tyria? He only got richer while Zhaitan ravaged the world. From all the money he’d made, he could’ve funded charities like the Vigil. He could’ve invested in research to discover effective ways to combat the dragons and their minions. He could’ve set up state of the art defenses on Claw Island, Lion’s Arch, and those numerous ports and coastal villages that were consumed by Zhaitan’s filth… He did NONE of that. He sat on his furry backside, swinging his tail, and counting the astronomical amount of coins he’d made under one day.

Kiel mounted a retaliation against the karka, saving Lion’s Arch from further invasions. She freed the indentured refugees after protecting them from Canach’s insane plot. She led the Lionguard to victory over the Aetherblades.

I’d rather see the dragons consume Tyria then to see another form of corruption set deeper roots in Lion’s Arch and the Captain’s Council.

If you vote for Gnashblade, you vote for corruption and bribery.

Vote for Ellen Kiel. Vote for the future. Vote for Lion’s Arch.

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

(edited by Thalador.4218)

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

^ You should check the live-stream.
Colin confirms that the Fall of Abaddon refers to the actual fall, which happens pre-Guild Wars.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

Yes, I just saw that. Still not a deal-breaker for me. I’d like to be teased about Exodus and the final battle for some time. Personally, I’d find it way more intriguing if we could piece together the reason for his fall and the conflicts between the gods by say, visiting their realms and learning of those events there.

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Ketto.6508

Ketto.6508

Vote for Evon. Kiel is a credit-stealing basketcase and GW2 needs way more lore-based content. Bring back as many ties to GW1 as possible.

This game has far too much “IT WAS THE INQUEST! IT’S ASURAN TECHNOLOGY!” explanations in it — give it a rest and let the veterans have their fun.

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Does anyone else see the irony in a Charr, of all races, offering research about the Human gods?

#willvoteEvonregardless

#Abbadonwillfeastonyoureyes

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Think I might be voting for Evon now. Mostly because the Abbadon fractal is a lot more interesting to me than the reactor.
Also due to the fact that it would be really cool to see him with Gw2 graphics, and not just a floating head and hands.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Does anyone else see the irony in a Charr, of all races, offering research about the Human gods?

#willvoteEvonregardless

#Abbadonwillfeastonyoureyes

Abaddon was behind the titans iirc so technically he’s behind the charr gods as well.

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

I doubt Evon’s interest in the past isn’t entirely…religious.

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

I doubt Evon’s interest in the past isn’t entirely…religious.

I see the trend of charrs picking random things as their gods still continues: first the Titans, then for a very short time the Destroyers, and now Evon worships… Gold!!!

Still voting for him, though.

#HailAbaddon!

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Damarus.5938

Damarus.5938

Voting Evan here!

Member of Knights Templar [KT] – http://knights-templar.com

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

To be honest, whatever we get in fractals will be bad. If not bad in terms of bugs and OHKO mechanics than bad in terms of 0 lore/explanations. I’m not sure why people are all up in arms like this will be some big explorable area with lots to see and discover when it, like the rest of the fractals will just be mobsmobsVETERANmobsmobsCHAMPIONmob

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Serephen.3420

Serephen.3420

More Abbadon more nightfall sounds good to me.

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

There actually is lore in the Fractals.

It’s just not said to us pointblank. The fractals don’t go slapping us in the face, grabbing the collars of our shirts and shaking us while shouting “THIS IS THE LORE I HAVE TO GIVE YOU! LISTEN TO IT AND ENJOY!”

Though Anet hasn’t yet perfected their way to telling lore, fractals have lore. And honestly, the lack of explanation allows for discussions and theorycrafting, which is honestly the best part of game lore.

Cliffside Fractal, for example, is an early-history Tyrian example. Urban Battleground is an alternate version of the Searing. Uncategorized is a non-Rata Sum asuran megastructure/city – we don’t really know what the situation is, but it is a story that Anet intend to tell and elaborate on still, but nonetheless it’s a representation of something that happened (or will happen?).

So the Fractals do have lore. It’s just not obvious and in your face like other games – as is the case for most of GW2’s lore.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Jgr.8765

Jgr.8765

Yes. Hail Abaddon.

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Now imagine a special Fractal level with Trahearne, Rurik and Kormir, all in the same area, on the opposite sides of map.

1) Protect Trahearne from tons of enemies while he preforms a ritual
2) Protect Rurik while he blindy charges in mobs and sabotages your mission
3) Protect Kormir from attacks while she just stands there and does nothing

On topic, yeah Abbadon sounds great, I mean we fought him in GW1 in last mission so I Just might vote for Evon just because of that…even tho I like Kiel much more.

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Munrock.3092

Munrock.3092

It saddens me that the vote will be a matter of which fractal we want to unlock and which 4 week bonus we prefer, rather than about the characters involved and the direction of the living story.

The chance to unlock a peek at some key moments in Tyrian backstory is overshadowing the fact that we’re shaping Tyrian nowstory.

Please fix that ANet. Please make sure the narrative repercussions of either character getting on the council are foreshadowed well before voting starts. This is the first time you’re giving the players a chance to influence the living story in a direct way, it’s a milestone in the living story and Guild Wars 2 and it’s discouraging to think you guys felt that the story itself wouldn’t be incentive enough for players.

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Katran.9186

Think of Crystal Sea (Desert now).
Think of Elona.
Think of Epicness.
For Evon! For Desolation! For Palawa Joko!
Would be fun if Gnashblade wanted to research the Fall to discover some source of power.

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

It saddens me that the vote will be a matter of which fractal we want to unlock and which 4 week bonus we prefer, rather than about the characters involved and the direction of the living story.

The chance to unlock a peek at some key moments in Tyrian backstory is overshadowing the fact that we’re shaping Tyrian nowstory.

Please fix that ANet. Please make sure the narrative repercussions of either character getting on the council are foreshadowed well before voting starts. This is the first time you’re giving the players a chance to influence the living story in a direct way, it’s a milestone in the living story and Guild Wars 2 and it’s discouraging to think you guys felt that the story itself wouldn’t be incentive enough for players.

It’s not that we don’t like the story, I will place my vote for the one I think is the best for us later on (I don’t trust Evon, we want to make a trading arrangement with the Zephyrites… Evon only cares about the profit that comes with them).

The thing is that this are elections, there have to be some promises in order to persuade the weak voters, buying them by just giving a bunch of shiiiiiinies.

Evon knows that he wouldn’t win without giving us something as epic as the Abaddon fractal, which makes me think about what Anthony said:

“I doubt Evon’s interest in the past isn’t entirely…religious.”

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Katran.9186

>“I doubt Evon’s interest in the past isn’t entirely…religious.”
Just remember what Kormir did.
She became goddess in that battle.
As Gnash is kinda badboy, I don’t think that it’s all about election.

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

>“I doubt Evon’s interest in the past isn’t entirely…religious.”
Just remember what Kormir did.
She became goddess in that battle.
As Gnash is kinda badboy, I don’t think that it’s all about election.

Wrong battle.
Kormir was not born when the Fall of Abaddon takes place.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Katran.9186

OH GOD, IT WASN’T LITERALLY
Battle doesn’t matter. Opportunity of becoming a God – that’s the point.

The Fall of Abbadon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Strejda Tom.6108

Strejda Tom.6108

I guess when we vote for Evon, something evil will happen.. sounds good. Vote for Ev!

Strejda Tom, the last unicorn.
Always remember one thing – your opinion is your opinion not fact.