This is why we must choose kiel!(read)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

So its no secret that Gnashblade, because of the Abaddon fractal, has an edge in the election. However, every argument provided for Gnashblades election has been “BUT, BUT, WE GET TO SEE A GOD!!!”. Its very simple minded.

Let me ask you one question. If in a way, you could have both fractals, would you?? Learn about the mysteries of Thaumanova(AND DONT SAY ITS JUST THE INQUEST, THERE IS OBVIOUSLY MORE TO THAT), and witness the magnificence of a God, would you? Because perhaps we can, by simply playing the probability game.

Think about it. The human gods play a crucial role in the development of tyria, the lore of tyria, the very lore of gw2!!! It was all in gw1. And I suspect that even beyond the abaddon fractal, we will see them again. For two reaons. One I already specified; They were(perhaps still are) very important to the world of tyria. A lot of our skills are based upon them. But why does this suggest they will be in gw2?? This is reason 2; Which is that we all know the Elder Dragons appear as the current foe in gw2, howevever!! there is much evidence to suggest that the Elder Dragons are connected to the Gods, which suggests even more that they could appear in gw2.

Ok so we’ve already established an argument for why they could appear again. Now lets observe the two outcomes of the elections.
1. Receive the Abaddon fractal, and have a low probability of ever learning about the events at the Thaumanova reactor again(A world changing event!! That deals with the inquest who also are related to studies in the elder dragons!)
2. Or, choose Kiel, for the Thaumanova fractal, and have a high probability of encountering the Gods in the future.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Serious.4839

Serious.4839

The two points at the end can go either way, though.

1. Receive the Thaumanova fractal, and have a low probability of ever witnessing the events at the Fall of Abaddon again(A world changing event!! That deals with the gods who are probably related to the elder dragons!)
2. Or, choose Evon, for the Fall of Abaddon fractal, and have a high probability of learning more about the dragons in the future.

I’m going with Evon, because I’d rather see an area with models that have never been seen in GW2 before, instead of seeing a bunch of floating cubes for the umpteenth time.

Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Serious.4839)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

Id say thaumanova is more than just dragon lore, I just included that because the inquest are known for that. The main curiosity that should be had with thaumanova is that is was a world changing event, an npc says “the fabric of the world turned inside out”. We still have a good probability at seeing the gods in the future compared to learning about this.
Plus, another pro of choosing kiel or gnashblade is the waypoint cost. That will affect EVERYONE. I doubt gnashblade will cut the cost of lion keys that much, people will still have to pay gems, which not everyone will do.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Sandman.7019

Sandman.7019

If you’re crying over wp costs, you’re doing something wrong.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I will definitely choose to support Gnashblade due to his Fractal choice. While those of us who were lucky enough to play GW1 saw Abbadon’s death, we did not witness his actual fall from the pantheon. The Fall of Abbadon fractal would go further back in time than any other fractal and would show us one of the most defining events in Tyrian history: what led to the Exodus.

Thaumanova Reactor, however, is both very recent and very localized. The closest fractal at first seems to be the Ascalon Fractal, but the Searing was a far more defining event than the Reactor. If anything, the Reactor’s scale is probably closer to, say, the underwater or swamp fractal in story significance. Because it was so recent, we already have a decent idea of what happened just by walking through the NW corner of Metrica Province.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

One of the problems with posts 1 and 2 is that they can go the other way just as easily. We could later learn more about the reactor incident just as much as we could later learn about the gods and the fall of Abbadon. You say “now lets observe the 2 outcomes of the election.” I would say that there are 4 outcomes.
1. We get the reactor and later learn of FoA
2. We get the fall of Abbadon and later learn of the reactor
3. We get the reactor and don’t learn much more of FoA
4. We get the fall of Abbadon and don’t learn much more of the reactor

So, I would say that only the devs can really know that much about what we will later learn more of, However, we do know that the losing fractal will not be added, at least not until something else triggers it.

As for “world changing event,” if turning the Crystal Sea into the Crystal Desert and the Desolation is NOT classified as a world changing event, the we might need to look into that method of classification.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Raesin.2908

Raesin.2908

I’m voting Evon because he’s a Charr and I don’t trust those sneaky humans.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I’ve voting Gnashblade not just to see Abandon, but also for logical reasons. Kiel wouldn’t fit in the council; she’s not a pirate — she’s a guard. When problems arise in LA, she shouldn’t be stuck in a seat, she should be on the field solving the issue. It has already been proven that merchant masters make successful council members. Just look at Yomm. When he was in the council, he skyrocketed LA’s economy, allowing for a bigger and better city.

NSPride <3

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

I’ve voting Gnashblade not just to see Abandon, but also for logical reasons. Kiel wouldn’t fit in the council; she’s not a pirate — she’s a guard. When problems arise in LA, she shouldn’t be stuck in a seat, she should be on the field solving the issue. It has already been proven that merchant masters make successful council members. Just look at Yomm. When he was in the council, he skyrocketed LA’s economy, allowing for a bigger and better city.

Do you know who would likely be the one to give Kiel power so that she could protect LA? Evon Gnashblade would. He already has a personal fortune to rival the collective wealth of Lions Arch. He makes good investments, but more importantly he protects his investments. I could see Evon easily funding improved training for the Lions Guard, and giving Kiel some real power. Power to finally fend off some of the undead, and the pirates. You know there are like 500 pirates a stones throw from the gates of LA. That’s just disrespectful.

That and Evon can fund his campaign promises without having to tax the people to death. Nope he will fund all of his own promises, and that to me makes a good politician. Then there is something else, he’s honest. We know he’s greedy, we know what Evon wants, and for his part he’s pretty open and honest about it. This is a power grab for him, but he’s also not pretending it’s some altruistic calling either.

Evon is LA’s best hope for steady growth in a very unsteady world. It’s not change he promises like the lying politicians we all know, he promises progress. He promises a better future for LA, where children don’t have to grow up in dept to pay off another politicians promises to get elected.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

I’m voting Evon because he’s a Charr and I don’t trust those sneaky humans.

I’m voting Kiel because she’s a Human and I don’t trust those sneaky charrs.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Wizzlock.3492

Wizzlock.3492

There is only one reason I would ever consider to choose Kiel.
If voting for her will guarantee me, that no future story will include this boring, poorly written (in my humble opinion), annoying person. Seriously – if choosing one candidate for Captain’s Council would be equal with banition from main story… then Ellen Kiel, warmth of my heart will go to you.
If not? I’ll vote for charr for same reasons. More screen time for Evon paradoxically can shrik Ellens exposition.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: jblade.6470

jblade.6470

I’m voting Evon because Ellen is way to boring a character and I’m tired of Asura stories plus we already have a Fractal for them. No matter what experiment went wrong, the story comes down to a big moment is history versus an Asuran reactor.The WP and key discounts mean nothing and aren’t even worth mentioning. Too bad they can’t just do both and have different reasons for us to vote like actually preferring a candidate due to good story telling. If neither lore story is vital to know, I’m voting for a major event that helped determine the entire Tyrian calendar from year 0.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

I’ll take the WP savings. Not broke by any means, but don’t give a tinker’s kitten about fractals, so neither one is gonna see one of my toons any time soon.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Reactor is just the inquest though.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Acidicore.3264

Acidicore.3264

Reactor is just the inquest though.

Skin deep though. The cause of the reactor is unknown, outside of everyone saying it just exploded. Heck they took what they learned there and moved to the Brisban Wildlands, potentially learning what occurred here could lead to prevention at the Thaumacore. They’re still experimenting as well, the results were catastrophic with the amount of chaos energy ripping fabrics in reality and yanking anything into itself.

Both fractals can lead to interesting content, I’d like to play both personally, but obviously we’re not going to get any solace from wishful thinking.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Thaumanova has more potential to permanently affect the game world. It affects
areas outside the fractal.

Abbadon just lets players see something that is in the past. How would this change the game as a whole?

People who love dungeons may pick Abbadon. While people who do more PvE may pick Thaumanova.

in Cutthroat Politics

DeShadowWolf.6854

[snip]People who love dungeons may pick Abbadon. While people who do more PvE may pick Thaumanova.

Just to start, this is very bad categorization. Dungeons ARE PvE, just in a more organized form (imagine 5-person party going through several personal storyline missions strung together in the same area and designed for a 5-man group). Categories aside, this is disgustingly gross stereotyping and simplifying of something that can be much more complicated.

in Cutthroat Politics

Wizzlock.3492

It’s fractal – it won’t affect world either way. It’s not new living story update, lore oriented with properly spiced fractal on top – it’s “just” the fractal. And if it will be presented with whole update lore-tied to choosen fractal, oh belive me. Much more space was affected by Abbadon than by thaumanova kablowie, and can be seen even after millenias that divide his fall and present day.

Abbadon just lets players see something that is in the past. How would this change the game as a whole?

Same way that Thaumanova fractal will do – by adding a fractal. Nowhere were stated that anything related to our choice will go out of fractal, so what kind of change You are looking for? And if Anet will make something to tie new fractal to current living story events, I really doubt it will happen only if we choose Thaumanova. This simply lacks logic.

People who love dungeons may pick Abbadon. While people who do more PvE may pick Thaumanova.

I don’t understand distinction between PvE and dungeons – aren’t dungs the endgame, the ultimate layer of PvE (especially when we count fractals into set of dungeons)? I would say that dungeons are most lore packed places in whole game.

in Cutthroat Politics

Onshidesigns.1069

It’s fractal – it won’t affect world either way. It’s not new living story update, lore oriented with properly spiced fractal on top – it’s “just” the fractal. And if it will be presented with whole update lore-tied to choosen fractal, oh belive me. Much more space was affected by Abbadon than by thaumanova kablowie, and can be seen even after millenias that divide his fall and present day.

Same way that Thaumanova fractal will do – by adding a fractal. Nowhere were stated that anything related to our choice will go out of fractal, so what kind of change You are looking for? And if Anet will make something to tie new fractal to current living story events, I really doubt it will happen only if we choose Thaumanova. This simply lacks logic.

I don’t understand distinction between PvE and dungeons – aren’t dungs the endgame, the ultimate layer of PvE (especially when we count fractals into set of dungeons)? I would say that dungeons are most lore packed places in whole game.

It’s more than a fractal. Fractals have lore tied to them from the mists. A developer comment and npc dialogue in game. Blatantly says that Thaumanova explosion messed up space time.

in Cutthroat Politics

DeShadowWolf.6854

It’s more than a fractal. Fractals have lore tied to them from the mists. A developer comment and npc dialogue in game. Blatantly says that Thaumanova explosion messed up space time.

Yes, it blatantly says that. Your second sentence is rendered incomprehensible by lack of context, and the first is (as far as any of us really know) a blatant lie. It’s more than a fractal why? Because it gives us some lore? So does the FoA.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Karast.1927

Karast.1927

The real question is why is a Charr interested in the history of Abaddon?

Clearly he is trying to learn how the crystal sea was destroyied to replicate it and use it as a weapon!

Remember the searing! remember the foefire!

Never trust a Charr!

Vote Kiel! Savior of Southsun, Sky Pirates Sorrow!

in Cutthroat Politics

DeShadowWolf.6854

The real question is why is a Charr interested in the history of Abaddon?

Clearly he is trying to learn how the crystal sea was destroyied to replicate it and use it as a weapon!

Remember the searing! remember the foefire!

Never trust a Charr!

Vote Kiel! Savior of Southsun, Sky Pirates Sorrow!

Remember how the Searing was created by a cauldron given to them by their false gods, Titans, who were minions of Abbadon. Suddenly things become easier to understand.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

man asura and their history are totaly not important for me as im human as im plyed gw 1 for 6 years i dont care about history or any outer things for outer race + humans moust played race and the moust stupid thing is they give the fraktals tro CHARR not human WTF is that so so so so dumb

in Cutthroat Politics

Wizzlock.3492

Yeah, but how does it differ from Abbadon, or things we have now in FotM.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s a matter of taste. I prefere Abbadon over Inquest&destroyers (possible, logical explanations given ingame to a Thaumanova) anyday, but I still think that Abbadon deserve something bigger and greater than mere fractal. On that point I agree – Thaumanova suits better to a FotM. Abbadon should have whole lore driven campagne with epic dungeon. But it won’t happen.

Back on tracks.
“It’s more than a fractal” – how? There is nothing more in it, than it was in other fractals, or could/would be in Abbadon fractal. All are lore related, moments frozen in time and space, located in mists.
“Fractals have lore tied to them from the mists” – and? Dungeons have lore tied to them, cities and common places are lorebound (Beetletun anyone? Shrines in Orr, Arah?), heck – we have lore packed items (ascended gear description). That’s the choice people are fighting over. New lore about Thaumanova (because, saying it was Inquest/destroyers doesn’t do it justice) or Abbadon fall (and despite few lines of txt in wiki – we really don’t know much… we even have only concept arts of Abbadon from before his transformation in DoA, so yeah – so much for lore we have). Can’t really see how one of this is different and by that, “better”.
“Blatantly says that Thaumanova explosion messed up space time” – interesting, but still… in personal story, asura mess with time and space. Nothing new or original. Don’t even let me start about GW1 1th april joke – that was messing.
6 gods reshaped world on their will and the battle between them, vastly changed some parts of it (again – messed big parts of space, and talking about space – Factions and missions about Celestials anyone?). Maybe there won’t be randomly spawned mobs from all around Tyria, but I can’t say this feature buys my heart

So once again – why do You think that Thaumanova is different (and better) from Abbadon & existing fractals?
I do belive it’s a matter of taste. I prefer human gods over inquest, not that they are better in any way.

in Cutthroat Politics

Onshidesigns.1069

Yes, it blatantly says that. Your second sentence is rendered incomprehensible by lack of context, and the first is (as far as any of us really know) a blatant lie. It’s more than a fractal why? Because it gives us some lore? So does the FoA.

The Mists have the past and the future in them. Fractals and what’s in them are part of the Mists.

The Mists MUST be tied to the open world in some way. For fractal to even exist. So if something goes wrong in the Mists. It will have a chance of bleeding into the rest of the game world.

Anet has had enemies come out of the Mist before into the open world. Remember the Halloween doors.

in Cutthroat Politics

Wizzlock.3492

The Mists have the past and the future in them. Fractals and what’s in them are part of the Mists.

True.

The Mists MUST be tied to the open world in some way. For fractal to even exist. So if something goes wrong in the Mists. It will have a chance of bleeding into the rest of the game world.

Not true. Take Battle of Khylo or any other PvP map for example. They are in Mists, they are representation of what happened or could have happened. Fractals are like PvP maps – iconic moments and places frozen in time. Mists just allow us to replay those moments, but we can not change outcome. Thought… the idea of something happened because we were there is fun – Thaumanova reactor blew up, because we moved in time and messed with Inquest would be a nice twist to a story. But uptill now, no fractal have ever worked this way, so I don’t know if that “12 monkeys” thinking could be canon thing.

Anet has had enemies come out of the Mist before into the open world. Remember the Halloween doors.

Not true again. Mad King Thorn reside in his own part of Underworld. Halloween doors were gates to UW not Mists. Agree that Mists influence Tyria, but not that way You think. Thaumanova reactor may be or may be not a link through Mists, but rapid random teleportation can be explained other way.

I actually would be really suprised if this new fractal (Thaumanova or Abbadon – whatever) would influence outside world in any manner.

(edited by Wizzlock.3492)