Will dungeon runners buy the election?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Q:

Does the election give dungeon runners a advantage? They have the ingame gold to buy the election. And most may vote for Evon based on Fall of Abaddon.

But they don’t seem to realise the potential of the Thaumanova Reactor explosion. And how it could lead to interesting living storylines.

Thaumanova “Chaos Mists Discussion”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/cutthroat/Thaumanova-Chaos-Mists-Discussion/first#post2464225

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Does the election give dungeon runners a advantage? They have the ingame gold to buy the election.

I may be out of the loop here but, remind me again where it was said you could buy votes with gold.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Serious.4839

Serious.4839

During the Cutthroat Politics preview on Twitch, the demonstrator talks to a vendor that is selling 1 support token for 14 silver and 10 support tokens for 1 gold.

I’ll probably be sinking a lot of gold into Evon.

EDIT: Upon further thought, buying support tokens is probably an even better thing for the Evon campaign, because the people who would vote for Kiel for the WP cost reduction probably don’t have much gold to spare.

Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Serious.4839)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

During the Cutthroat Politics preview on Twitch, the demonstrator talks to a vendor that is selling 1 support token for 14 silver and 10 support tokens for 1 gold.

EDIT: Upon further thought, buying support tokens is probably an even better thing for the Evon campaign, because the people who would vote for Kiel for the WP cost reduction probably don’t have much gold to spare.

You can straight up buy the election? WoW! That’s a new low even for ArenaNet. How kitten ed would you be if you sank 100+G into supporting Kiel only to see Evon win in the end? ArenaNet is obsessed with this idea that people need to lose (RNG) for players to have nice things. This is probably the dumbest gold sink to date.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

You can straight up buy the election? WoW! That’s a new low even for ArenaNet. How kitten ed would you be if you sank 100+G into supporting Kiel only to see Evon win in the end? ArenaNet is obsessed with this idea that people need to lose (RNG) for players to have nice things. This is probably the dumbest gold sink to date.

Then don’t simply buy votes?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Pretty sure the tokens can be grinded too, which again would favour the dungeon runners / grind-masters. Not that it’s a bad thing, because it is the grinders that will mostly be affected by whatever outcome happens I’d think.

I’ve got to admit, that’s a very clever gold sink though – especially if they decide to display “event status bars” during the whole thing so people can see who is winning the race.

(edited by Joseph Skyrim.2470)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Pretty sure the tokens can be grinded too, which again would favour the dungeon runners / grind-masters. Not that it’s a bad thing, because it is the grinders that will mostly be affected by whatever outcome happens I’d think.

I’ve got to admit, that’s a very clever gold sink though – especially if they decide to display “event status bars” during the whole thing so people can see who is winning the race.

They probably will, it’ll be a huge gold destroyer which is kinda good.

I’m just going to grind that Horde Mode mini game, I NEED those Aetherized weapons xD

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: jblade.6470

jblade.6470

The game needs way to get gold out of the economy. This is a great way to do that and it’s a pirate election after all so buying votes is expected. A status bar would be interesting but not sure if that would make one side loose even worse due to people giving up on trying to support a candidate that falls far behind. Being blind, we can sink as much as we want into someone in the hope we win and make the winner announcement exciting. To answer the OP, runners won’t all vote for the same person so it won’t matter.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

When you look at the population as a whole, people who will try to buy the election will only make up a small percentage. The majority, the casual players, usually make up at least 80% of the population, though you can only guess how many will actually participate. These players won’t really care about what fractal is given, since they don’t do them anyways or don’t do them enough to care. They’ll vote for either who they know, the race or gender they like more, or simply whichever is closer to turn in the token. Kiel will probably have a stronger connection, simply because she’s human (most popular vs least popular race) and has been with you during previous stories.

People can try to buy the election, but to do so, they’d need to buy at least 1000 tokens for every 1 token gained normally. Altogether, there’ll probably be at least 100 million votes placed in 2 weeks, and it could even get up to a billion or more depending on all the variables. It’d be interesting to see these numbers released daily, though it would give a hint of the active population. Also remember, for every person trying to buy the election on one side, there’s probably another doing the same on the other.