a question for the Evon supporters.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I have a question for those of you who intend to vote for Evon Gnashblade because you like his character. Would you rather see him stuffed behind a desk or tethered to bureaucratic meetings about zoning regulations or tariff rates? Or would you rather seem him do what he does best, scheme from the shadows to get back at that do-gooder Kiel for taking his seat?

The way I look at it, the things that make Evon interesting would be better displayed if he loses the election. So if you like Evon, I think you should vote for Kiel.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

I’m only voting for him because of the story behind Abaddon’s Fall.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

in Cutthroat Politics

darkace.8925

There’s no way Anet won’t give us that Fractal regardless of the election’s outcome. It’s too good an idea to waste and they’ve shown plenty of times they can break under public pressure. You’ll get that Fractal either way…vote for other reasons.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: kingslayer.1342

kingslayer.1342

Sadly I don’t think anyone cares for character development or story. There could be strong implications that Evon eats children and is a Jormag worshipper but players would still vote for him because of that fractal.

It’s really just about the fractals in the end.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

I have a question for those of you who intend to vote for Evon Gnashblade because you like his character. Would you rather see him stuffed behind a desk or tethered to bureaucratic meetings about zoning regulations or tariff rates? Or would you rather seem him do what he does best, scheme from the shadows to get back at that do-gooder Kiel for taking his seat?

The way I look at it, the things that make Evon interesting would be better displayed if he loses the election. So if you like Evon, I think you should vote for Kiel.

Of course, the exact same argument can be made for all those Kiel-supporters. So really this thread is about getting people to vote for Kiel under false pretenses xD

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I don’t want to ever have to deal with Kiel again, unless if it is to take her ship away from her to give it back to the Pact.
If it wasn’t for the fractal, I would just vote for her so that she would be so busy with politics that I would never hear of her again.
Sadly, I won’t take the risk of never getting this fractal, so I’m voting for Evon. Oh, and I don’t like him either, though I can’t really explain why. Something just feels off about him.
I wish I could vote for someone else.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

I’d rather see Kiel out in the field doing what she does best (investigating and enforcing), than be stuck behind a desk.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

Abbadon’s Fall, and kiel is a loser.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

There’s no way Anet won’t give us that Fractal regardless of the election’s outcome. It’s too good an idea to waste and they’ve shown plenty of times they can break under public pressure. You’ll get that Fractal either way…vote for other reasons.

So this a “change your vote” post

Get lost OP, YOU VOTE for someone else.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

Evon would have more influence and would be able to execute his plans after becoming a council member. Which would be just as interesting, if not more-so than him simply going at Kiel for revenge. That statement would be better tailored to Kiel: Would you rather have an competent adventurer who responds well to on-field matters actually out on the field where she is most fit, or stuck behind a political desk when she has no experience in those matters? Evon can continue to monopolize with the BLTC (to a greater extent) while Kiel can continue assisting with problems in person.

Also they have stated that it is incredibly unlikely that they will ever make the losers fractal because it would take away the importance of the vote (something I agree with even if the person I want to win loses).

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: jblade.6470

jblade.6470

I have a feeling the winner will be the one with more focus in the story going forward and Kiel is way to boring a character. Sadly, like many said, they had to make the Fractals the true argument because the characters aren’t compelling enough to care about otherwise. The Abaddon Fractal is too cool to pass up and I honestly can’t stand more Asuran stories, so I’ll be stuck voting for a Fractal instead of candidate too. Both Fractals should have been made and had much more minor promises with story reasons to vote instead.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

This. It would’ve been perfect if the Abaddon’s Fall fractal is with Kiel, but the human supremacist in me has decided that seeing the old gods is better than seeing a human in office.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Actually at this time everything points towards them NOT releasing the losing Fractal at all., so don’t go around assuming we will.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: KeyLimPi.9031

KeyLimPi.9031

Sadly I don’t think anyone cares for character development or story. There could be strong implications that Evon eats children and is a Jormag worshipper but players would still vote for him because of that fractal.

Here you go:

Evon founded and runs the Black Lion Trading Company, which if I remember right was to protect traders who were being ambushed and killed during their travels. This means he has previous experience in Political and Home Defense fields. He’s also running the largest and most successful economic driving factor in Tyria. So he has Economic experience as well.

Evon is running under his own power and beliefs where are Kiel was shoved into the arena by Magus. He registered her, stole a ship for her, and dubbed her a captain.

There’s already 4 humans on the council while there’s only 1 charr representative.

Everything “Kiel” has accomplished has been done by her telling the player to go ahead of her and clear it out. She then gets all the credit which effectively makes her the Kormir of GW2. Kormir is a god where she shouldn’t be, Kiel has a chance to end up as a council member when she shouldn’t be.

Those are the reasons (aside from me being a GW1 player) I will vote for Evon.

(EDIT LINE) Also I would like to see Anet take the opportunity to make Kiel a “sky” enforcer. Have her take her new ill gotten airship and explore the world learning more about it as well as broadening her views/experiences. If Evon loses since he’s a charr I fear they’ll just make him evil. Kiel has a better chance of being someone who in later lore descends from an airship tp the ground smiles and says “You need help partner?”

Here’s another reason

Attachments:

(edited by KeyLimPi.9031)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Yaos.4528

Yaos.4528

I’m voting for him because he’s a pretty kitty.

in Cutthroat Politics

darkace.8925

That’s the way I feel, too. I suspect most people are going to vote Abaddon vs Reactor, fewer will vote BL Keys vs WP Fees, and fewer still will vote characters/lore. I like that ANet is letting us make an impact on the world through Living Story, but I don’t like that they’ve made the lore a backseat passenger to rewards.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

Kiel was very useless in the field, if she’s elected then she gets to be very useless in office. How bout we let Kiel do what she does best – tell players to do things which she gets credit for.

Evon Gnashblade’s fractal research may one day allow us to free Abaddon from Kormir’s grasp. The God of Secrets is a total bro, trust me, I’m sure in exchange he’ll provide us with all the knowledge and power needed to send those pesky Elder Dragons packing. Then we can all return to the important business of destroying each other with wanton overkill once the Bloodstone is reforged.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

Couldn’t care less about the fractal any more then I do the ones we have. I have no use for BL keys to open a chest that gonna drop more crap boosters on me I don’t need. I’ll take the cheaper waypoints.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: CheeseJimmy.4796

CheeseJimmy.4796

Kiel was very useless in the field, if she’s elected then she gets to be very useless in office. How bout we let Kiel do what she does best – tell players to do things which she gets credit for.

Evon Gnashblade’s fractal research may one day allow us to free Abaddon from Kormir’s grasp. The God of Secrets is a total bro, trust me, I’m sure in exchange he’ll provide us with all the knowledge and power needed to send those pesky Elder Dragons packing. Then we can all return to the important business of destroying each other with wanton overkill once the Bloodstone is reforged.

I’m no GW Lore buff (in fact, I never played GW1), but unless I’m misunderstanding you, I’m pretty sure Kormir wasn’t born when Abaddon was beaten. That was like, 1000+ years ago from what I understand.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Here’s another reason

I lost it when I saw this one in the video…and yeah I totally agree. Besides, he’s a charr, I’d take him over some shady human anyday.

Attachments:

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

I’m no GW Lore buff (in fact, I never played GW1), but unless I’m misunderstanding you, I’m pretty sure Kormir wasn’t born when Abaddon was beaten. That was like, 1000+ years ago from what I understand.

You are correct! Abaddon’s current prison is rather Kormir-shaped, but whatever magic imprisoned him could be used on her. This would enable a party of eight five true Tyrian heroes to kill her dead, freeing Abaddon in much the same way his power was once usurped.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Wizzlock.3492

Wizzlock.3492

That is perfectly good reason. I want my political candidate to be good-two shoes mr. good doer, with cristal clear past and stright, correct plan for future. But that’s in real life. I search for complitly opposite thing in games. There is old saying, more like a curse:
“may you live in interesting times”
Because, what really mean interesting? What we stuff into history books? Wars, plagues, battles, great generals and traitors – something like daily news in TV!
So yeah – I want to live in peaceful times, but I want my games to be interesting.
“Evon eats children and is a Jormag worshipper”? Good, it’s just a game. Make it fun, make it count. Why I need to watch impresivly boring Ellen “whateverUdoit’smypride” Kiel, when some charr is eating children and is worshiping Jormag! Gimme gimme gimme ^^

(edited by Wizzlock.3492)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Acidicore.3264

Acidicore.3264

Here’s another reason

I lost it when I saw this one in the video…and yeah I totally agree. Besides, he’s a charr, I’d take him over some shady human anyday.

He doesn’t even really support his own campaign video, just thinks it’s good enough. No better mudslinging then a jealous girl in school calling her rival some…rather choice words.