aetherized weapons.....HUZZAH!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

i guess i’ll be running the activities for quite a while for the weapons skins, i don’t care for opening black lion chests.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Man, it’s looking like all the Aetherized weapons will be disappointing. I don’t understand why they aren’t just giving us the Aetherblade ones.
Makes all the difficulty in getting them kinda moot…

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lordphantomhive.1256

Lordphantomhive.1256

Man, it’s looking like all the Aetherized weapons will be disappointing. I don’t understand why they aren’t just giving us the Aetherblade ones.

Well judging by the icons, the pistol, shield, and scepter looks the same.
Here the icons btw: http://raidwarning.com/guildwars-2-election-banners-armor-weapon-skins/

Darkness becomes light, light falls into darkness.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Makes all the difficulty in getting them kinda moot…

The ranged weapons seem to follow the Revolver design looking at those icons, which is great.

The bladed weapons seem to have a special animation hiding and revealing the blades when they’re stowed or in your hands.

They have cool animations but they aren’t super shiny glowy weapons which I think it’s a good thing.

I know I’m getting at the very least the Shortbow that looks GREAT (always dreamed of a cool compound bow and only had the low level zones Steam Shortbow) and the Revolver.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

GAME OVER. unless the rapier drops from the minigame, the skins from the scraps are VERY underwhelming.

i can hear the collective cries of frustration from everyone who ever wanted the rapier….

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I laughed when I saw the rifle. Reminded me of this:

http://youtu.be/JmqNMc0IDWE?t=45s

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Celebratty.1632

Celebratty.1632

The sword makes me uncomfortable..

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock
Garbage at every profession 2015

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Crass.5739

Crass.5739

This is quite the blunder. You put in the aetherblade weapons because the fanbase loses its mind when you don’t offer the (admittedly) very nice looking weapons. So what do you do? Release them a month later and take out the ONE weapon people were looking forward to. Now you’re just screwing with us, Anet.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

See? Another reason to not vote for Evon and his Black Lion Company.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Sciva.4865

Sciva.4865

Was really looking forward to that rapier :/

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

i’m a dude and it makes me uncomfortable as well. can’t imagine how our girl playerbase feels…….it’s just…ehm…a tad inappropriate?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

Well… no rapier, that makes it easier for me >.< I’ll see if I can get my hands in one of those pistols…

What do you guys think is the reason for not including the rapier like sword? I thought that it was the most desired weapon…

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

See? Another reason to not vote for Evon and his Black Lion Company.

I like most of those weapons, but anyway, either you like them or not, the designs belong to the Aetherblades, not Evon :P

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

In terms of scrap drop rate, I have now opened 36 boxes. Besides a number of the usual things (and a makeover kit and an Abyss dye OMG), I got 4 scraps, and 6 vote tokens.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Are those weapons obtainable outside BL chests? If so, how?

Why don’t they just put them in the gem store?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

I like most of those weapons, but anyway, either you like them or not, the designs belong to the Aetherblades, not Evon :P

But you have to buy his chests in order to have a chance to get it.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Thorn.7963

Thorn.7963

More RNG. I guess thats more content I can’t access because I"m not lucky or willing to gamble.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

SO from where skins are dopped?

Arena chests
Survivavble game chest
Black lion chest (scraps)

Trial?
WVW loot bags?

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ZBeeblebrox.4928

ZBeeblebrox.4928

The pistol is the only skin that looks halfway decent. Don’t have to bother with chests. Woo!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Hawks.5736

Hawks.5736

No rapier. Way to take out all the enthusiasm I had for this update ANet.

Im gona go play SMT4.

Dexson

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Aktarus.5612

Aktarus.5612

Personnally i dont care about rapier…but i was waiting another gun , the HORRIK CANON !

Where is it ?

Double fail…bad skins,luckdrop / paygems….

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Garuna.1593

Garuna.1593

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

Anet has to secretly be the military. Because in the military, we take all the options, have countless meetings about them, lay them out……….and pick the worst possible one.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

someone on reddit said that a dev said that the rapier may come at a later time.

take it for what you will. : ))

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’m pretty sure that is the GS skin from the vendor. You’ll need a token for it, a lucky drop, or 40-60 gold on TP (right now. Likely to be much less in a week).

Re rapier: The dev said s/he thought it would be in the next patch so I am crossing my fingers for 2 weeks from now.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Absolutionis.9427

Absolutionis.9427

During the live feed preview, one of the devs got that greatsword on their first try. They claim it wasn’t contrived. They’re just absurdly lucky.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

i’m a dude and it makes me uncomfortable as well. can’t imagine how our girl playerbase feels…….it’s just…ehm…a tad inappropriate?

No more uncomfortable than inside the Karka Lair on Southsun Cove, I had to cross my legs when I ran in there to do the diving achievement, Thankfully the water at the bottom was the equivalent of a cold shower.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

I have to say….that sword is about the most suggestive sword I’ve ever seen.

I’m really bummed that the rapier isn’t one of the skins, but I guess that means I don’t need to waste money buying keys/chests.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

in Cutthroat Politics

Hvaran.6327

I have to say….that sword is about the most suggestive sword I’ve ever seen.

I’m really bummed that the rapier isn’t one of the skins, but I guess that means I don’t need to waste money buying keys/chests.

yeah u can get eferything in best mini ever)))

if u know what i mean…

in Cutthroat Politics

Hvaran.6327

SO from where skins are dopped?

Arena chests
Survivavble game chest
Black lion chest (scraps)

Trial?
WVW loot bags?

SO??

Anyone knows for sure?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: TheLaughingMan.4320

TheLaughingMan.4320

gw2 cannot slide downhill any faster.

Some stupid “trade contract” that honestly, no one cares about. Will have no impact, no real new content. And then new, obviously hastily designed weapon skins that poorly imitate other games, which you can ONLY get through black lion chests, oh I’m sorry, gemstore keys.

Seriously? Anyone else just shaking their head at this, especially after GW1?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Crass.5739

Crass.5739

@TheLaughingMan

I agree somewhat, but you’re being a bit harsh. Some of the skins are genuinely charming, such as the pistol, the rifle (in asuran hands) the hammer, and maybe the staff. That being said, I do think that this is a kitten poor decision on Anet’s part. I come from GW1 as well when microtransactions were something we didn’t hear about till WELL into the game’s life. I want to close my eyes and blame it on the employee they pulled from NCsoft, but more than likely Anet has seen how successful it can be to delude the playerbase into thinking that it’s not that hard to get these new skins.

Before I get flak from this, let me explain. The calculated drop rate for a weapon ticket scrap is around 10%. give or take. Anet stated that these would be replacing keys on the loot table, and keys were being made rarer. Well. Pre-patch BL keys had about a 25-33% drop rate. They would also drop (very rarely) from the overworld, and in certain story missions. IE, they in fact did NOT replace them in the loot tables, they were simply crammed in as yet another item to get crammed in the BL chests without much foresight, while making keys rarer, thus less opportunity to re-open chests. Thus giving players even less options in obtaining these skins. And let’s face it, the drop rates for obtaining one in the Candidate Trials are abyssmal. And your best bet is by playing on the top tier, which has a new type of scaling method previously unheard of in-game, so you’re better off Solo-ing it rather than with a group. I won’t point any fingers, but all of these sleazy aspects start to boil up over time.

Personally, I think they should go back to the Dragon Bash model, where you get certain chests from monsters, and all these chests have a chance at one of the new weapon skins. While at the same time, introducing cash shop chests that have a better chance at it. Otherwise, it’s using clever language and objective lies to exploit players out of their money.

It’s either that, or the Wintersday Model, which I don’t particularly like, because you could ONLY get them via cash shop. But at least people knew that they’re money would be getting them something, not a big virtual middle finger.