100 Jorbreakers mistake or sticking around?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: cerberus.1937

cerberus.1937

Q:

1 Is the merch for 100 Jorbreakers a mistake?
2 or is candy sticking around after the event to allow us to reach this number w/o buying?
3 are jorbreakers going to be obtainable through others means?
4 are holo wings account bound merch version going to be obtainable for jorbreakers after the event ends or again in the future?

Thank you!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: William Fairfield.1428

William Fairfield.1428

Game Designer

A:

1. No.
2. The candy will be sticking around through the coffers that are available via the TP and the candy available there. Much like Candy Corn it will cease to drop in the open world but will still be available on the TP.
3. There is no current plan to offer Jorbreakers by any other reward mechanism.
4. Yes. The Zhaitaffy Merchant will be a permanent addition to the game sitting in Fort Mariner.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Critwrench.8432

Critwrench.8432

Thanks for the clarification, Will.

A shallow ocean only contains as much water as a particularly deep bucket.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: cerberus.1937

cerberus.1937

Thank you for the answers!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Avatara.1042

So do you realise how ridiculous 100,000 taffy is?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

Did anyone ever buy the wings with 100 jorbs?

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Did anyone ever buy the wings with 100 jorbs?

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Currently if you buy ALL the taffy needed it would cost 60g. That is the price the wings were selling for at the start of the event so it seems pretty reasonable to me.

If you farm these daily then you can get it even cheaper.

By the end of the event I suspect the candy will go down to 3-4c meaning 30-40g for the wings. Once the event ends this will be the cheapest way to obtain them.

So really nothing ridiculous about it.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: SquirrelKing.8964

SquirrelKing.8964

I was wondering earlier if this was put in place because of what people have been complaining about with the ticket system (i.e. entirely RNG). Perhaps there is a 1/100,000 chance of getting the wings, so if you are so entirely unlucky, at the very least you would be able to turn in all of those candies.

I just wish there was something else we could do with the candy, such as recipes, or other rewards that could be earned using jorbreakers. That would at least make things more interesting.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ThePedroKid.2580

ThePedroKid.2580

Or…

you could just buy the wings off the TP for 14g.

Why would anyone do the Jorbreakers? Ever.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Or…

Well if the price of wings go up and price of zhaitaffy go down…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

the perverted logic of the players in this game is that once the event is over, skins instead of rising in price they just decrease even more. look what happened to the super adventure box skin, the gs was 60ish gold at the beginning (you could always have the same skin for free just running the content) and ended up costing 34 or even less now…

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Currently if you buy ALL the taffy needed it would cost 60g. That is the price the wings were selling for at the start of the event so it seems pretty reasonable to me.

If you farm these daily then you can get it even cheaper.

By the end of the event I suspect the candy will go down to 3-4c meaning 30-40g for the wings. Once the event ends this will be the cheapest way to obtain them.

So really nothing ridiculous about it.

Yeah, no. The food will keep the taffy price higher than that, and even after the event ends there will be loads of wings for 10 gold on the AH. The taffy price is absolutely ridiculous and sums up Anet’s recent ‘efforts’.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: CareFactorZero.8265

CareFactorZero.8265

I suspect they’re not dragon wings, but tooth fairy wings - for all the jor breakers & taffy involved some tooth fairies must’ve died.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The wings cost less than 15 g now, so it doesn’t seem al that reasonable at all. Also, its true that the wings will cost more after the event, but the same will happen to taffy (and for the same reason – no more supply).
And i don’t acually expect wings to rise too much – they weren’t that desirable even during the event, and after that the hype will be gone and there will be new flavor of the month skins to concentrate on.

Also:

1. No.
2. The candy will be sticking around through the coffers that are available via the TP and the candy available there. Much like Candy Corn it will cease to drop in the open world but will still be available on the TP.
4. Yes. The Zhaitaffy Merchant will be a permanent addition to the game sitting in Fort Mariner.

so, the nr 2. answer is also “No.” it seems. Figures. Also, lol at nr 1. answer. I just can’t keep reading it as anything else than “We intended the price to be ridiculous”.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RoterFuchs.9216

RoterFuchs.9216

It’s really sad to see GW2 heading more and more in this direction with each update. My last bit of hope was that the Zhaitaffy price for the wings was a mistake. Sigh.

The only bit of quality left is the graphics.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

The wings cost less than 15 g now, so it doesn’t seem al that reasonable at all. Also, its true that the wings will cost more after the event, but the same will happen to taffy (and for the same reason – no more supply).
And i don’t acually expect wings to rise too much – they weren’t that desirable even during the event, and after that the hype will be gone and there will be new flavor of the month skins to concentrate on.

Also:

1. No.

so, the nr 2. answer is also “No.” it seems. Figures. Also, lol at nr 1. answer. I just can’t keep reading it as anything else than “We intended the price to be ridiculous”.

I think you will find there will be a constant supply of candy for a whiles to come… I think ANET will make sure its there…. just like the Halloween stuff… all this is nothing more than ways to leech in game coin out of the game to allow the gem sale carrots to a greater chance to be eaten. Even if the wings came down to 5g I would still consider it waste of coin tbh but thankfully mine dropped off a trash mob in Metrica within the first hour of the content going live… my one and only lucky loot drop since early Beta.. I don’t expect history to repeat itself anytime soon though

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

I think the reason candy prices are high is because food u can get with them is worth getting and since jawbreakers are a number of candies their prices arn’t dropping as much as people expect. after event ends no more cheap wings will drop from coffers so why can we expect price to rise to cost to manufacture again?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: BonesAndHubris.3895

BonesAndHubris.3895

It really is a brilliant way to get the candy out of the economy once the wings skins are starting to get used up in a few months. It seems kitten now, but I wish they’d done something like this with Halloween.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

There will be a time when all the coffers are opened and all the wings from the coffers are sold(or at least the prices goes up very high)… and then it will be cheaper to buy the Zhaitaffy and use the merchant… until at the end everything is used up – seems a good idea to later remove too much Zhaitaffy from the game which can’t be used any other way(or are there cooking recipes?)

Candy Corn still a lot at the TP….

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: JSmooth.7654

JSmooth.7654

Or…

There was a guy on the forums, saying he was saving for 2 sets of wings…

I am a tank at heart.
Sometimes I wonder what I’m doing here…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

I would love to hear an explanation about the reasoning behind this 100,000 pricing. It seems utterly impossible to achieve through grinding. Was that Anet’s intention? If so, why? Did they want us to grind for some of it, then buy the rest off the TP? Did they make a mistake and then are too proud to admit it? It just makes zero sense to me.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Icealen.3802

Icealen.3802

Has anyone thought about this from a Guild Wars 1 perspective? Maybe Anet intends the Dragon Bash to be a yearly event, not unlike holidays in Guild Wars 1 that occur every year. Maybe their intention was not for everyone to earn the wings right away year one. Maybe their intent was to have you save up your candy to eventually earn your OWN wings down the road. Maybe that’s why the candy NPC is permanent. Hang onto your candy. Add to it next year. That’s what I’m going to do.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I’m waiting to hear "Yes, it was a mistake. The price of holographic wings is now 500 Jorbreakers.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

Or…

Well if the price of wings go up and price of zhaitaffy go down…

Honestly i highly doubt the price of the holo wings will go up, sure the event will end and there will be some people buying them up, but with how easy it is to get the shatter wings, and the fact that everyone is running around with wings, and then consider the new living story content, the wings will be old news. It’s kinda like the southsun tentacle back piece thingy…i use to see EVERYONE with those…now i rarely see anyone with that back piece (the wings are alot cooler though)

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

I guess the developers should think about the meaning of these jorbreakers. I get and oppened more than 2k coffers and candy from it are enough for only 5 jorbreakers. I don’t think it’s possible to collect 100 during the event, even if it made sense.

(edited by MeGaZlo.9516)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I guess the developers should think about the meaning of these jorbreakers. I get and oppened more than 2k coffers and candy from it are enough for only 5 jorbreakers. I don’t think it’s possible to collect 100 during the event, even if it made sense.

I’m pretty sure it was designed that way. You were never supposed to be able to buy them.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Waraxx.4286

Waraxx.4286

the prices on these wings will increase. it might be a slow start in the beginning but after some time, i’d say 2-3 months, we are looking at a wing price of 30-40g, maybe 50g each. that’s usually how it goes. however, now they are introducing a “upper limit”. the price of the wings can not exceed the price of 120’000 zhait, and if it does it will quickly be corrected by market players. it’s hard to manipulate aswell for the cheer size. 2,7mill takes around 9 almost maxed out accounts to store. and considering that most players have around a stack on them at any given time, you simply can’t do it. and even if you could, it’s extremely risky for just gaining controll over one market.

it’s a great mechanic, the recipe is not ment for the average gamer, it’s dedicated to TP players who will keep the price fairly stable.