Account bound wings?!

Account bound wings?!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kain Nosgoth.4218

Kain Nosgoth.4218

Any way to make the Shattered Dragon Wings account bound? Like they should have been made…like the Lost Shores karka shell back item?

Transmuting it with the Sclerite Karka Shell might just result in account bound wings that you can move around. Did anyone try that? Stones say it will end up soulbound but there are other exceptions.

Yes I know you can move them around using transmutation but wasting 1 exotic and 1g and 80 gems and 1 back cover (3g) every time just doesn’t cut it.

EDIT:

If you want account bound wings use them on any account bound item or if you already used them you can still use a Fine Transmutation Stone with account bound items like the level 2 Toy Bag, Sclerite Karka Shell, Sclerite Karka Shell (ascended), Fervid Censer etc. (account bound items that soulbind on equip DON’T WORK). Make sure to choose the stats of the account bound item. You obviously loose the skin of the original account bound item forever.

Just beacuase. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z2Z23SAFVA
AFL – Away From Life. // I admit to being a bad person.
Character specific key binds…yesterday if possible. Thank you.

(edited by Kain Nosgoth.4218)

Account bound wings?!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lucifer.1048

Lucifer.1048

I also really hope this changes, this greatly saddens me. How can I possibly choose which character to have them on? I don’t have them yet I plan to level all 8 classes to max level. (got a few already)

Account bound wings?!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: lightoftheoracle.6125

lightoftheoracle.6125

I had wondered if they would be soul bound so I skinned them onto the toy bag backpack from Christmas. It works like a charm. It’s account bound and lvl 2 so any toon can wear them!

Account bound wings?!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The wings themselves are not soulbound. The problem is thakittens only a skin, which means the item takes the properties (including soulbound status) from the item you apply the skin to, and 95% of back items are soulbound. Thus the wings applied to another item end up soulbound because of being a skin and not a separate backpack themselves.

I’m pretty sure applying them to the Sclerite Karka Shell would result in them being account-bound, since the Shell itself is account-bound (ignore what the transmutation stone / skin window says). You’d lose your Sclerite Karka Shell appearance, though, obviously. And I’m not sure if Ascending / upgrading the SKS makes it soulbound.

Using the Wintersday bag or the Fervid Censor would also work for creating a non-soulbound item. Though again you lose those unique skins, so its only a good option if you don’t care about those items. Plus, the Wintersday bag has bad stats, so if you’re into having high level gear then that wouldn’t be good either.

Account bound wings?!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kain Nosgoth.4218

Kain Nosgoth.4218

You’d lose your Sclerite Karka Shell appearance, though, obviously. And I’m not sure if Ascending / upgrading the SKS makes it soulbound.

According to wiki (which has been wrong on occasion, but rarely) if you have your Sclerite Karka Shell and upgrade it in the forge to ascended it just gets a + to stats and nothing else…and it REMAINS ACCOUN BOUND even after equiping it.

Using that account bound Ascended Karka Shell with the Shattered Wings will PROBABLY result in wings that are account bound and have 1 defensive infusion slot, 55 healing powers 36 toughness and 36 condition damage…best deal around…(which I’m probably going to try doing as soon I get 20g to upgrade my shell).

This obviously leads to loosing the Karka Shell skin.

WARNING: Whatever you do, do not use the wings on the Karka Shell AND upgrade it AFTER because if it still works you end up with the Ascended Karka Shell skin again and loose the wings skin forever.

This works with the Toy Backpack Skin (read above) but my problem and new question is: Can I use a fine transmutation stone with my NOW SOULBOUND Shattered Wings and that Toy Backpack Skin (or Karka Shell) and still get the same account bound result?

Edit for adding:
YES IT DOES. If you have any account bound back item (and only account bound without it also being soulbound on equip) and you use a transmutation stone with any other skin but keep the stats (the part with the account bound stat) the whole resulting thing stays account bound.

Just beacuase. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z2Z23SAFVA
AFL – Away From Life. // I admit to being a bad person.
Character specific key binds…yesterday if possible. Thank you.

(edited by Kain Nosgoth.4218)

Account bound wings?!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Or they can add to gem store some item that make soul bound item to account bound

Account bound wings?!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Or they can add to gem store some item that make soul bound item to account bound

Eh that would mean some people would just use that on all of their weapons/armor to pass between characters.

I’d prefer a call back from gw1 with the “hat merchant”. Show him any of these festive achievement based skins and you can then later get any number of them back for a small amount of silver. It’s also be a nice way to free up space if you like to keep/hoard the festive items (or if you have 2 characters that you want to have the same skin, and don’t want to keep having to pass the item back and forth).

Account bound wings?!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Eh that would mean some people would just use that on all of their weapons/armor to pass between characters.

I’d prefer a call back from gw1 with the “hat merchant”. Show him any of these festive achievement based skins and you can then later get any number of them back for a small amount of silver. It’s also be a nice way to free up space if you like to keep/hoard the festive items (or if you have 2 characters that you want to have the same skin, and don’t want to keep having to pass the item back and forth).

Well if you farmed it one one character no need to farm it again,and if it cost like 800gem per use you would only use it on thinks like cool back items and legendary weapons.