Achievements: 9 done, only counts as 7?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Eiken.6821

Eiken.6821

Alright, well. I ran around to get as many achievements done as possible so I have as little to do on the 18th mad-rush-to-finish, to realize two of the achievements don’t even count?

I am not sure if this is a bug, if it was intended however — can you guys warn us which ones don’t count so we don’t bother wasting time on them?

TLDR: Is this a glitch or do two of the achievements really not count?

Attachments:

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: HuntsForge.3260

HuntsForge.3260

Apparantly the dragon ball ones dont count, im hoping its a bug. Also you know you have until July 9th to do it didnt need to rush?

in Dragon Bash

Eiken.6821

I hope it’s a bug as well otherwise I’d not have done the dragon ball ones. And thank you…I wen’t back and looked, I must have misread the information, thought it was ended the 18th. Well~ so much for that. Glad I have extra time though with the others, thank you.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

They told us on the stream the other day (about dragon ball) that the dragon ball achievements don’t count, and this was intended. However they didn’t tell us that they wouldn’t count, so I foresee them making it count.

Either way, people akitteng for the 20 game achievement has made dragon ball unplayable for me, so I think it’s something they need to consider in the future. Either stop people from akitteng, or don’t give them a reason to akitten the first place.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

in Dragon Bash

Eiken.6821

I wish there was an in-game notification to say it doesn’t count. I wouldn’t have wasted my time with it and the afkers. I don’t pay attention much to online streams with a busy schedule so I didn’t realize that at all. And of all the people in my guild, nobody else knew that they didn’t count either.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

3rd time I’ve posted the same message >.>

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Dragon-Bash-Experience-achievement-bugged/page/2#post2216116

Hi everyone,

We’re aware of the issue and have been working on a fix that we hope to push at the beginning of next week.

Edit: Also I don’t know what stream Curo is talking about since from the very start they said for the meta-achievement you needed 10/14 achievements (with Case Closed not included). If you count total achievements there are 15, meaning all other achievements should be included in the meta-achievement.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

(edited by GoldenTruth.2853)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

one of the dragon ball achievement doesn’t count and because too many people complained about the moa races, that one doesn’t count either.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

So why people keep saying “You only need 10 out of 14 achievements” when you actually need 10 out of 12. Not really a big choice on what achievements not to do.

Glorious Human Master Race

(edited by Trixie.7614)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

one of the dragon ball achievement doesn’t count and because too many people complained about the moa races, that one doesn’t count either.

The moa-race achievement does seem to count for me. I’m at 7/10 and done only 7 achievements. The 2 I’m missing are the dragonball ones but I’ve read that those 2 don’t count for the meta and it seems to be right, as far as I can tell without doing them.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

The moa-race achievement does seem to count for me. I’m at 7/10 and done only 7 achievements. The 2 I’m missing are the dragonball ones but I’ve read that those 2 don’t count for the meta and it seems to be right, as far as I can tell without doing them.

Exactly the same here. have 7 of which the dragon ball ones I have not done. The rest I have and it states 7 achievments completed.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

If you pop over to the support/bugs section you will see that ANET have already answered this very issue.. they have identified an issue with the achievements not counting including Dragonball and are actively working to get a fix out early this week.. I would link the post but as this is now the 3rd or 4th thread asking the same things I prefer to pull teeth instead.

EDIT – I decide to not be lazy…..

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Dragon-Bash-Experience-achievement-bugged/page/2#post2216116

(edited by Bloodstealer.5978)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

^- Dev really didn’t answer—it’s ambiguous. The fix could be making the achievements count or putting up an announcement at the arena that Dragon Ball will not count towards achievement.

And as others have said, I too would not have wasted my time playing dragon if I knew from day one they wouldn’t count. To make it more frustrating those darn AFKers really make it take longer.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: William Fairfield.1428

William Fairfield.1428

Game Designer

During my live stream on Friday I confirmed that the Dragon Ball achievements would not count towards the overall. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Quetz.4389

Quetz.4389

Why?

The Crabtoss achievements counted for the Southsun Meta Event, and there’s no indication in the in game achievement window that the dragon ball achievements would be any different.

On top of that, the reward for wining dragon ball is already lacking…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Tinoosh.5386

Tinoosh.5386

During my live stream on Friday I confirmed that the Dragon Ball achievements would not count towards the overall. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

I find it very funny that you guys don’t seem to agree on if it is a bug or if it was intended. If you supposedly told us about them not counting the past Friday, then why would Stephane Lo Presti type the following:

“Hi everyone,
We’re aware of the issue and have been working on a fix that we hope to push at the beginning of next week.”

This was posted by him two days ago, and if I am not wrong, it seems like there has been problems with communication between the staff members regarding this.

I also feel that the majority of those who did these two achievements (Winning 20 sets of Dragon Ball games and playing a total of 20 Dragon Ball games) did not do it for mere fun, but for the bar to increase in achievements done towards getting the shattered wings.

Is it not reasonable to make them count?

(edited by Tinoosh.5386)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Hope this gets spread, so the AFKers will stop standing there for their 1 candy, and those that want to play dragon ball can.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I find it very funny that you guys don’t seem to agree on if it is a bug or if it was intended. If you supposedly told us about them not counting the past Friday, then why would Stephane Lo Presti type the following:

You are going to do the rest of the achievements when they come out anyways… why are you so upset?

If you wasted all that time doing the dragonball games, you will certainly waste the rest of the time you need to do the rest? I enjoyed dragonball, played about 7 or 8 games and stopped… does it really matter if you are at 7/9 or 9/9 if you are going to get your title/reward at the end of the bash anyhow?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: StarbornStriker.6493

StarbornStriker.6493

Link for reference: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Dragon-Bash-Experience-achievement-bugged/page/2#post2215764

I’m confused about this too. If she wasn’t talking about the achievements not counting, what bug was she talking about?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Tinoosh.5386

Tinoosh.5386

You are going to do the rest of the achievements when they come out anyways… why are you so upset?

If you wasted all that time doing the dragonball games, you will certainly waste the rest of the time you need to do the rest? I enjoyed dragonball, played about 7 or 8 games and stopped… does it really matter if you are at 7/9 or 9/9 if you are going to get your title/reward at the end of the bash anyhow?

I am not upset about the fact that they do not count, but the fact that they can not send out correct information in the start or when people ask for information regarding an issue about something being a bug or intended to be the way it was.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed DB for as long as you played it, but I just want to clarify that not everyone got the information about them not counting, thus wasting our time doing those two to only find out that they did not count in the end. I would have saved a lot of time if I knew that they would not count from the start. I hate “grinding” through these types of “pvp” achievements, and these two were not very fun to go through, for me personally.

in Dragon Bash

Blude.6812

What a waste of my time—dealing with AFK, that made the challenge longer.
If it would have been noted in the arena as you enter, I would have not bothered.
BIG fail on Anet! And why even have the achievements listed in the first place? Sounds more like BS to me and they don’t want to find the time fix it. And yes it wasn’t much fun for me.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Absolutionis.9427

Absolutionis.9427

It’s really fine, guys. We got official confirmation that the DB achievements don’t count towards the wings, and that’s good.

Not needing to gamble money to Moa Races and not having to PvP is rather fine. This is a casual festival event. Have fun.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: TheBigfootNZ.4605

TheBigfootNZ.4605

I can read this as an apology saying the recent bug response is wrong and we stated they dont count at the start so they still wont count, or it could be an apology stating we gave out wrong info to begin with about them not counting and it is a bug and are getting it fixed.

So will these count, simple yes or no?

Yeah its a dead horse but still they need to be clearer.

Vardkona – 80 Guard, Mew Nickleheart – 80 Eng
Howling Jimmy – 80 Necro, The Six Demon Bag – 54 Ele
Hedge of Steel – 41 War, Yikky Soupskin – 11 Thief

(edited by TheBigfootNZ.4605)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

ugh.. but it even said on the news page that 8 achievements were supposed to be avaliable before june 14, but only 6 were, since the dragon ball ones were ’’bugged’’ but now ur telling us they arent supposed to count? >_<

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

in Dragon Bash

Blude.6812

No would be the answer, the game designer seemed quite clear
“During my live stream on Friday I confirmed that the Dragon Ball achievements would not count towards the overall. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.”

in Dragon Bash

Curo.2483

Ha, never doubt Curo! :P

To add my own opinion: I think it’s very important that “participate in X pvp event” achievements do NOT exist, as they encourage people to ‘away from keyboard’ in pvp, which ruins it for people that want to play a balanced game.

Also lol @ the abbreviation for ‘away from keyboard’ being censored.

(edited by Curo.2483)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

New update from today:

Reducing “The Dragon Bash Experience” meta-achievement required total number from 10 down to 8. The Dragon Ball Achievements do not count towards its completion

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Outlaw.3421

Outlaw.3421

I think it’s bugged. When viewing the achievement in the top right corner. It still says 70% so 7/10 still.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

No bug, the dragon ball achievements don’t count:

Reducing “The Dragon Bash Experience” meta-achievement required total number from 10 down to 8. The Dragon Ball Achievements do not count towards its completion.

from today’s patch notes

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Pretty stupid considering there was a dev on the forum that straight out said they would count. I have defended dragon bash already alot, but the completely mixed message on that one was stupid. Alot of people wasted their time with half AFK teams trying to do the achieve since it was posted on the forums that it would count.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Outlaw.3421

Outlaw.3421

Reducing “The Dragon Bash Experience” meta-achievement required total number from 10 down to 8. The Dragon Ball Achievements do not count towards its completion.

from today’s patch notes

Right. I am saying that if we only need 8 now, and I currently have 7 of the 8, it should not say 70%.

in Dragon Bash

Absolutionis.9427

Pretty stupid considering there was a dev on the forum that straight out said they would count. I have defended dragon bash already alot, but the completely mixed message on that one was stupid. Alot of people wasted their time with half AFK teams trying to do the achieve since it was posted on the forums that it would count.

Get over yourself. They changed up everything so you need less achievement points for the wings.

Enjoy the achievement points in the meanwhile.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: azazil.9541

azazil.9541

So “The Dragon Bash Experiance” meta achievement need 8 achievements to complete with this patch.

But it still needs 10 achievements.

Nice bug again.. Blame the Quality Control or is there any quality control ?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

So rather than sorting out the mess that is called Dragonball by dealing with the AFK’ers and the quitters that exploit the game in order to grab the achievements you simply wipe off the necessity to even jump into the game.

Cheers for wasting the time of those players that stuck it out, put up with the leeches.. I’m pretty sure a lot of us would of liked to take the easy route and forget about doing something that has no requirement to it anymore….

Pfft !

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I have 6 and it shows 60 percent. Didn’t the patch notes of latest build say it got lowered to 8 total? Means I should be at 76 percent.

Bug(or forgot to change it)? Or does it only update once I get the next achievement counting there.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

Given the track record with bugs, I’d wager it’s equally likely that the bug wasn’t fixed as it is the display just wasn’t updated properly.

in Dragon Bash

Absolutionis.9427

The patch update doesn’t really matter until tomorrow anyways. You cannot get 8 achievements (excluding Dragon Ball) until the new stuff unlocks tomorrow.

in Dragon Bash

Bash.7291

Get over yourself. They changed up everything so you need less achievement points for the wings.

Yes, because that helps with the people that already wasted their time with AFK team members trying to get those wins. And seriously? “get over yourself”? Alot of people are going to be kitten ed they wasted time on them when were were told, by a dev, that they would count. It would be like being told the moa achieve didn’t count after the fact and people dumped multiple gold into it.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Dragon Bash

Curo.2483

To the people saying “they told us dragon bash achieves were bugged, and would count”:

NO!

They told you they were aware of an issue and would work on a fix. This is a fix. You now need less achievements, which is the same thing as making Dragon Ball count, except it actually helps out people like me who have not done dragon ball for one reason or another.

in Dragon Bash

Absolutionis.9427

Yes, because that helps with the people that already wasted their time with AFK team members trying to get those wins. And seriously? “get over yourself”? Alot of people are going to be kitten ed they wasted time on them when were were told, by a dev, that they would count. It would be like being told the moa achieve didn’t count after the fact and people dumped multiple gold into it.

Even before the (intended) change from 10→8, the achievement for the wings was not possible until the content tomorrow unlocks. The achievements that unlock tomorrow seem to be an easy chunk of content to blaze through if you only care about the end goal.

Regardless, the Dragonball achievements were never necessary for the wings. The Moa-gambling achievement wasn’t necessary either. The people that complain are either content-completionists, achievement-hunters, or delusional.

You did Dragon Ball out of your own free will even though it was not necessary for the wings. So yes, get over it, you got the achievement points you grinded for. Done. Enjoy.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

ArenaNet has made it easier to obtain the wings and people are still complaining? Seriously?

I’m not sure I understand these complaints. ArenaNet reduced the number of achievements needed from 10 to 8. If you completed 7 before this update, which are the only ones that were counting in the first place, you now only need 1 more achievement to get the wings instead of 3. What exactly is the problem here? You were “forced” to play Dragon Ball? I’m pretty sure that isn’t ArenaNet’s fault.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Actually in the ANet “walk through” it suggested 8/10 would be released immediately. That means we expected it to count, and for those kind of in the “race” we felt it was necessary. So, we’re not really completely to blame. We did what we thought we should.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

Actually in the ANet “walk through” it suggested 8/10 would be released immediately. That means we expected it to count, and for those kind of in the “race” we felt it was necessary. So, we’re not really completely to blame. We did what we thought we should.

Yes, well, that still doesn’t change the fact that they’ve now made it easier to obtain the wings. Based on how some people are reacting, you’d think ArenaNet stole their progress. They’ve done no such thing.

ANet didn’t say that the DB achievements would count. They said they’d release a fix. They’ve done that.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

from today’s patch notes

Right. I am saying that if we only need 8 now, and I currently have 7 of the 8, it should not say 70%.

I’m seeing the same thing. I’ve completed 6. It ‘looks’ like 60%. If I track it, it ‘says’ 60%. However, it should be 75% now.

in Dragon Bash

Bash.7291

Even before the (intended) change from 10->8, the achievement for the wings was not possible until the content tomorrow unlocks. The achievements that unlock tomorrow seem to be an easy chunk of content to blaze through if you only care about the end goal.

Regardless, the Dragonball achievements were never necessary for the wings. The Moa-gambling achievement wasn’t necessary either. The people that complain are either content-completionists, achievement-hunters, or delusional.

You did Dragon Ball out of your own free will even though it was not necessary for the wings. So yes, get over it, you got the achievement points you grinded for. Done. Enjoy.

First off, stop assuming I did this for achievement points. I don’t grind for achievement points, I grinded to get the wings I wanted. Im annoyed because I spent a good share of time on a frustrating mini game where people would AFK out to scam the system. As I said before, I defended the event from the other people complaining, but when we are told there is a bug regarding the Dragon ball achievements not counting, its pretty easy to conclude that the fix is making them work, not making it so you wasted time doing them in the first place. Im annoyed I wasted time when I could have been doing other things in the game, nothing more, nothing less. So no, I’m not a content completionist, an achievement hunter, or delusional, like you seem to think, just someone that wasted time on something that was later declared pointless.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

(edited by Bash.7291)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

First off, stop assuming I did this for achievement points. I don’t grind for achievement points, I grinded to get the wings I wanted. Im annoyed because I spent a good share of time on a frustrating mini game where people would AFK out to scam the system. As I said before, I defended the event and the people complaining, but when we are told there is a bug regarding the Dragon ball achievements not counting, its pretty easy to conclude that the fix is making them work, not making it so you wasted time doing them in the first place. Im annoyed I wasted time when I could have been doing other things in the game, nothing more, nothing less. So no, I’m not a content completionist, an achievement hunter, or delusional, like you seem to think, just someone that wasted time on something that was later declared pointless.

Absolutely agree 100%

It seems it was easier to “fix” the required amount of achievements than to “fix” the AFK’ers who were ruining the DB games for those of us who participated.

Disappointing to say the least, but I guess it’s good to see how these things are handled early on in my GW2 adventures. Next event, I won’t waste my time when I hear a “fix is coming”.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Ah your live stream which you expected everyone to watch? I don’t mind that they don’t count; in the future perhaps being clearer at the get go of which ones do count or not (on the announcement page itself) would save a lot of trouble.

Also given that Dragon Ball no longer counts for the overall thing called “the Dragon Bash experience”, I guess it means it is not part of Dragon Bash. This leads me to question why the hell is it there in the first place if it isn’t part of the festival? :P

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Thanks, glad you take the time to inform the rest of us 3 hours ago -_-

I’m so happy to waste 3 hours on your kittenty pvp activity and help those leechers to get some extra candies

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Dragon-Bash-Experience-achievement-bugged/page/2#post2215764
“Hi everyone,
We’re aware of the issue and have been working on a fix that we hope to push at the beginning of next week.”

This was posted by him two days ago, and if I am not wrong, it seems like there has been problems with communication between the staff members regarding this.

I also feel that the majority of those who did these two achievements (Winning 20 sets of Dragon Ball games and playing a total of 20 Dragon Ball games) did not do it for mere fun, but for the bar to increase in achievements done towards getting the shattered wings.

This.

And why do I get the feeling we won’t hear an answer?

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Why dont it count?…I already did it so I would like to get a title or somthink for it,or I waist lot of time for nothing…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

People whine that they have to do PvP achievements… Anet removes the PvP achievements from the meta… people whine that they are removed….

This why you should completely ignore everything on the forums and just develop the game how they see fit.