Dragon Ball Report Function [merged]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kopipoki.3542

Kopipoki.3542

Isn’t this the reason why the 2 Dragon ball achievements don’t count towards the meta-achievement for the wings

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Every game should have this I agree. AFKers are what we call them on other titles and they are a pain.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Araris.7839

Araris.7839

Yeah..this just plain sucks. I kept having the same issue in dragon ball.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

I thought that was supposed to already be in, based on the developer stream from Monday…

The only thing I’d heard was that if you didn’t move for X seconds, it teleports you onto the field.

this is what happens – its the dumbest thing ever. Not only does it not address the issue it makes it worse by giving the other team free kills.

Who sat around the design table and thought up this gem?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

I thought that was supposed to already be in, based on the developer stream from Monday…

The only thing I’d heard was that if you didn’t move for X seconds, it teleports you onto the field.

this is what happens – its the dumbest thing ever. Not only does it not address the issue it makes it worse by giving the other team free kills.

Who sat around the design table and thought up this gem?

It’s dumb as a bag of hammers. If they can teleport you onto the field for a free kill, they can teleport the leeching kitten right out of the kitten game. They can EARN their kitten 20 game achievement or kitten off.

Fix this kitten.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

I find it amusing that people think its about getting the achievement. Recall that even a losing team gets a piece of candy….. so if you just akitten all day when not playing, free candy to sell or use for wings

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

I think it should be if the match ends and you have 0 kills (or did 0 damage during the match) it drains x gold from your inventory/bank account/alts. If all of that is zero it prevents you from entering the match.

in Dragon Bash

Sleel.8365

I find it amusing that people think its about getting the achievement. Recall that even a losing team gets a piece of candy….. so if you just afk all day when not playing, free candy to sell or use for wings

Yeah. Cause getting A candy every 10 to 15 minutes is an efficient way to get you 100000.

in Dragon Bash

Thobek.1730

I find it amusing that people think its about getting the achievement. Recall that even a losing team gets a piece of candy….. so if you just afk all day when not playing, free candy to sell or use for wings

Yeah. Cause getting A candy every 10 to 15 minutes is an efficient way to get you 100000.

LOL! yeah this ^. lets do the math.

It would take you 1.9 years to get enough candy idling in-game (at ~10mins/game).
So its about the achievement.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

For the past couple days Ive joined 50+ games and at lease 80% of the time there is 1+ players on either team that are AFK.

This is a real problem, what ever team they are on auto looses, it is free Points ever 20 seconds or so.

Any1 else having problems with this?

SAB or RIOT

in Dragon Bash

Faux.1937

Oh ps. Give the players something like in GW1 in PVP to vote being a bad team mate or AFK to give them a Time out from playing that game for 20min, 30min 1 hour etc..

SAB or RIOT

in Dragon Bash

Faux.1937

I too have seen many AFK players and something needs to be done about this.

SAB or RIOT

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Does team balancing or the ability to swap teams exist in Dragon Ball? If not, they should. That way, all the active players can swap to the same team and just farm the AFK players (who can’t complain, since they’re still getting Zhaitaffy for their troubles. :P)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kiraki.9761

Kiraki.9761

Afk people need to be kicked from the game, plain and simple.

I tried to get the achievement for winning games this morning but ended up with as many as 3 afk people in my team at one time, its ridiculous.

If one team has someone that is afk they are already at an disadvantage playing 4 vs 5, so someone decided to give the other team an even bigger advantage and toss the afk people in there for free kills. This is possibly the worst solution anyone has ever come up with for afk players.

It’s like nothing gets thought through at all, putting an achievement just for playing the game and adding in a free candy even if you loose? Seems like people going afk where expected, however the solution that was come up with is completely dysfunctional.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

I’m not sure there’s a mechanic for it, but something needs to be done about the AFKs in dragon ball. it’s terrible, and clearly only being done as a means to quickly complete the achievement(s) or worse, to troll everyone who really wants to be in there playing.

I am truly terrible at Dragon Ball, however, I do my very best, and I’m seeing alot of AFK’ers as well.

My husband went to bed a few hours ago, and not being sleepy yet, I decided I’d sit up tonight and do some of the achievements. Jumped into some DB and I’ve come across quite a few of these afk’ers. Active folks of course want to report them, so we decided we’d report them for botting, since there is no AFK report.

I think it’s really dookilicious to join any PvP type event and AFK. If you’re a baddie (like me! lol) just do your best and take your whooping, and you’ll get in some kills too. May take longer to finish, but lord, I was in a game tonight where I was the only person on my team NOT AFK!

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

in Dragon Bash

Zaxares.5419

Heh, Siob, if I was on the opposite team, I’d be in heaven. Practically guaranteed wins! Easy way to farm your Dragon Ball victories achievement. XD

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Heh, Siob, if I was on the opposite team, I’d be in heaven. Practically guaranteed wins! Easy way to farm your Dragon Ball victories achievement. XD

hehe. I was such a sad sight to see, so horrible, yet running my little leafy bootay off and not quiting! I hit a few folks, like 3 times

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

in Dragon Bash

Zaxares.5419

Now I’m wondering… What happens if you got two teams, both with 4 leechers each, and nobody was actually playing? Would the match just go on forever?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Thrash.3684

Thrash.3684

Yeah had 3 AFK’ers in one round. It’s so annoying when you’re going for “Dragon Ball Boss” and you have these noobs going AFK. Something needs to be done about it… dam.

Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Thrash.3684)

in Dragon Bash

Thobek.1730

just left a game where the other team had 3 afk players and the two that were trying just got annihilated. They only managed to get one kill. They left at the end of the match leaving the afk players still there for some other unlucky players to join with

I can’t believe they didn’t think this would happen, it happened in GW1 so they fixed it, why they would think GW2 would be any different shows a poor lack of vision.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Beast.9516

Beast.9516

/agree leeching is really bad on this event.

Beast [Beastess Isdottir][Meilikki Isdottir][Kaunista Illusio][Savant Bixxie]
Aspiring Brotherhood [PACT]
Fort Aspenwood

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

I like the leeches, they’re the only characters I can actually kill. It seems like I can hit someone the same amount of times they hit me and yet I always die…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Must be because you get an achievement for participating 20 times…frankly, I think it would be better if you got that achievement for a single participation, with the one for wins remaining the same. That way, “leechers” just trying to get the achievement would actually be incited to do something productive.

Polka will never die

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Just report them for botting and move on.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

@Frotee, wouldn’t work. They would continue to leech with hopes they end up on a team that will tick them wins. Same thing used to happen in GW with arenas and faction battles until they added dishonor system.

Even if you made the achievement require kills, folks would jump in, get a kill or two and then go afk for the rest of the match.

They could re-implement an engine side dishonor system to use in these types of events, but that is subject to abuse in small team games. People would falsely flag other players that do or say something they don’t like because it would be funny to get someone booted and put in time-out.

Or they could just allow pre-arranged teams, which would open up ways to let players boost matches.

Needless to say, any player side systems to prevent leechers just wouldn’t work. There would need to be some sort of server side, real time player monitoring that analyzes behavior for leeches and bots. I think that would be a pretty big effort for PvP mini games.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

I played a game where the opposite team was full but only 1 of them was active. Needless to say, we won but there was no fun at all…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: DigitalMan.8592

DigitalMan.8592

Why do you have it setup so if someone sits in Dragonball and is AFK they get an achievement and candy that is sell-able on the trading post for every loss?

3/5 of my teammates were AFK just now when i tried to play.

surely this cant be hard to fix?

you have to have at least 1 kill in a game to qualify for a played game and piece of candy. that is pretty simple to code!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mathemagician.1836

Mathemagician.1836

If you let people stay in the base, what’s to prevent them from harassing the winning team by drawing out the clock, turning your 5 minute victory into a 30 minute victory?

Hopf Bifurcation, Norn Mesmer, We Are Owl Exterminators [OWL], No Dice [DICE]
Fort Aspenwood

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

Your teams switch up as you win/lose and you can report people for Akitteng I believe. But your idea is a good one, so I would suggest putting it in the suggestion forum. I can see your issues and it’s a decent solution.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

The achievement for wins should have been the only reward beyond candies and coffers, in my humble opinion. OR, they could have made an achievement for playing one round, like with the crab game. And maybe added one for, like, rampages and whatnot.

Requiring 20 games for the "I participated" achievement encourages a lot of players to AFK. I played 10 games last night, but there were several 5v3 and such matchups in between the good games, so I went to do something else.

See you all in the arena.

in Dragon Bash

Sleel.8365

Your teams switch up as you win/lose and you can report people for Akitteng I believe. But your idea is a good one, so I would suggest putting it in the suggestion forum. I can see your issues and it’s a decent solution.

If they can teleport you into the arena to be a free kill when idle, then they can kitten well teleport you OUT of the game so you don’t get to leech other people and screw up their games. Haven’t played one yet without at least one, usually 2 or 3 afk on my team. Hell, normal game they dump you into character creation. Can do that here to. Just to kitten dumb and lazy not doing it.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

1. Enable autobalance on DB

2. Kick AFK players from DB (and sPvP) after 90 seconds of no user input

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Amyami.7153

Amyami.7153

Absolutely a complete joke. Ugh, sad it’s actually pretty fun if everyone plays.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

I agree that kicking people that are afk is the way to go. I’ve run into this issue over and over again. Dragon Ball is highly addictive and can be a ton of fun…if half your team doesn’t just sit idly by while the rest of the team tries to do all the work. Those situations aren’t remotely fun and people that just going afk should be kicked due to inactivity.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Fixy.6193

Fixy.6193

they should simply kick you after 30s afk and problem solve. Also they should lock switch team so people can’t unbalanced teams.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: StarbornStriker.6493

StarbornStriker.6493

I don’t know if anyone has said this anywhere yet, but I think the simple solution to this is to make you click on something in between matches. IE “Do you want to continue?” or something to that effect. The problem is that it automatically assigns you to a new team if you don’t leave after the match is over. So people can Away From Keyboard very easily. If you have to accept moving on to the next round, people would have to put a lot more effort into leeching. At least if they were away they’d be kicked after one round. Maybe it’s not the best solution, but hopefully it would cut back the numbers.

As for me, I’m not a PvP player, but I play about 5 games of dragon ball every night to work on the achievements. Sometimes I do pretty well, sometimes I don’t, but no one’s ever been rude to me about my skill (or lack there-of). It’s actually a decently fun game when you aren’t stuck on a team with people away from keyboard. I don’t know if it’s the best practice, but I’ve taken to leaving when there’s obviously someone AFK on my team then re-entering in the hopes I get paired with active people. Sometimes I stay and endure, but honestly after three or four games with leechers it gets frustrating.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Korval.3751

Korval.3751

I leeched because by about my 5th game I didn’t care for Dragon Ball, but I was forced to play it to get the meta-achievement. I just stood there not caring until the achievement was done…

in Dragon Bash

Korval.3751

Must be because you get an achievement for participating 20 times…frankly, I think it would be better if you got that achievement for a single participation, with the one for wins remaining the same. That way, “leechers” just trying to get the achievement would actually be incited to do something productive.

Exactly. Don’t make the achievement a quantity thing. You should want to play Dragon Ball because you enjoy it, not because you’re forced to play it.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071

I leeched because by about my 5th game I didn’t care for Dragon Ball, but I was forced to play it to get the meta-achievement. I just stood there not caring until the achievement was done…

You realise doing that spoils the game completely for the other 9 people in your match, right? Try and play, or get out.

in Dragon Bash

Korval.3751

You realise doing that spoils the game completely for the other 9 people in your match, right? Try and play, or get out.

The only way to get the Shatterer Wings is to play Dragon Ball for the achievement… whether the game is liked or not. For that reason alone I don’t care if it spoils the game for others. If you want to complain… complain to Arenanet for forcing those of us who do not like Dragon Ball to play it.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

You shouldn’t need the dragon ball achievement to get the wings, you only need 10/14 of them. I’m skipping DBZ myself because it’s pretty unfun.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Shienarier.2015

Shienarier.2015

Inactive players should get kicked out and not get a point towards the Dragon Ball Devotee achievement.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: jaka.9635

jaka.9635

They should just change the requirements so that you would need at least 2 points to get the devotee achievement.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: hardloop von edgehoven.8512

hardloop von edgehoven.8512

i played the 20 games for the achivement.
i leeched maybe 5 out of 20 and even then i didnt leech fulltime of each match.

i really like this minigame, as some said it reminds of quake action, but i too would strongly recommend a kickout for leechers. although i dont think it would be helpful, cos of the length of each match. its just to short for a real benefit.

the problem is at first, as usual : the players

its the simplest thing to follow each other stayin together. some seem to not get managed even this simple mechanic

at second, i think it would be much better to have all skill from start and just implement boosts for pace and health and reduce, if not eliminate the respawntime (like in some q3 mods^^).
more action more gametime

once a team is starting to work together and the fact that some players know where the boosts are (like it was in q3 once), the bad team hardly can win anymore. maybe except, if theyre really willing to work together, but from my experience this happended once in 20 games.

(edited by hardloop von edgehoven.8512)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: BlasiuS.8961

BlasiuS.8961

If they can teleport you into the arena to be a free kill when idle, then they can kitten well teleport you OUT of the game so you don’t get to leech other people and screw up their games. Haven’t played one yet without at least one, usually 2 or 3 afk on my team. Hell, normal game they dump you into character creation. Can do that here to. Just to kitten dumb and lazy not doing it.

they should definitely fix the problem, but taking AFK players out of the arena during a game is too open to abuse. As soon as a team gets a lead they could all just AFK and teleport out of the arena for the free win.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

funny thing is dragonball achievements dont work for the main achievement event. so grinding these these without wanting to do them because you want to grind out your achievements early doesnt work youll still need one or two more achievements. i didnt know these didnt count til i saw the dev interview on twitch today. those two dev were answering questions and then we got to see them play dragonball

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: TheLaughingMan.4320

TheLaughingMan.4320

Don’t blame the players who are idling, blame anet for sloppy planning

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

while i don’t enjoy this new game mode for the festival/bash, i can safely say i am doing my part by running into the opposition, to speed up others’ achievement progress at a faster pace.

i am so horribly terribad at this game mode, but to i guess jump in and attend a session to pop the achievement, i guess it HAS to be done if i want dem wings.

for the free kills i provide inside the arena, you’re welcome. 7 more rounds to attend before that title track finishes, so after that, you probably wont see me in there again, so bear with me, because 20 wins? sounds too difficult if i have no skill.

(edited by rgrwng.4072)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

Now I’m wondering… What happens if you got two teams, both with 4 leechers each, and nobody was actually playing? Would the match just go on forever?

i think the timer is set to 30 minutes, so yeah , that might be awhile for afk. though you could, at maybe 5 seconds, score a kill so that your team wins at the last seconds.

(edited by rgrwng.4072)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

So I gave dragon ball a shot today and after really disliking crab grab my expectations weren’t too high but to my surprise I quite liked it. That was earlier in the day though when I happened to be able to get a team were all the people there were actually playing. I have not had the same experience this evening though, 2 or 3 of the players on the team I was in were just there leeching, not doing anything.

Is there anything we as the players or even perhaps the devs could do to resolve this issue?

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books