Dragon Bash achievement is still 10?!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Most of them don’t "whine" because they can’t get their achievement / reward but because this is yet another broken update. There have been almost no changes at all in this update, still they managed to break it. And nobody believes that this didn’t occur in their test environment or that this ever went through QA. They screw something up with every single update, no matter how small. I’m actually afraid of updates because because they usually break more stuff than they fix.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Every MMO I’ve played has patches to fix patches. It is the way of life for programmers and gamers.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

These people remind me of the 3 year old whiners rolling on the floor screaming that they can’t get the new toy a day before Christmas. JUST WAIT. You will get it, just like everyone else.

Maybe you should take a day off from the game, it is getting too cereal.

The way people are carrying on about those wings and sometimes throwing digital tantrums because they can’t get them, one would think that those were items that you would literally be crippled in playing the game without. This whole overheated reaction would make a lot more sense if, you know, you actually needed these wings for any actual game-related purpose (say, making vistas and jumping puzzles a lot easier by just flying there). No such luck, though; they just sit on your back flapping in the wind and looking pretty.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Dedlaw.9130

Dedlaw.9130

Most of them don’t “whine” because they can’t get their achievement / reward but because this is yet another broken update. There have been almost no changes at all in this update, still they managed to break it. And nobody believes that this didn’t occur in their test environment or that this ever went through QA. They screw something up with every single update, no matter how small. I’m actually afraid of updates because because they usually break more stuff than they fix.

This is pretty much an universal truth for MMOs.

In just about every MMO I’ve ever player updates were always followed shortly after by a series of patches to fix something the update broke.

Dedlaw – Fresh 80 Zerker Warrior
DODGE!!! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: makku.2508

makku.2508

This is just a minor bug, what some of you guys are saying is just ignorant and illogical.

some thing like “Yeah, this is ridiculous.”
“Probably bug not surprised Anet rarely tests stuff”
“Anet … Pathetic …”
just for a bug like this.
these comments are like the most idiotic comments ive ever see for ages, like you guys never played any games or any MMOs.

It’s actually of a far bigger scope than your limited mind could ever imagine.

There’s 3 reasons why this could have happened:

1) They don’t test/verify stuff at all. Like in, never, really. Someone changed a value somewhere and didn’t even bother verifying it had the desired effect. He changed something unrelated or unused, and that error went through without anybody noticing.

2) There’s some mysterious issue going on that prevents changes that were made, tested & verified on their development systems to work as intended on the production systems. They seem to not be aware of this issue.

3) They have some serious problems with version control. They rolled the wrong version to the production systems and so the changes they thought they’d apply never happened.

Considering how quite an amount of changes went through undocumented in the past (‘stealth nerfs’), I’d say version 3 is most likely. Regardless, none of these 3 are ‘minor bugs’, but serious issues really.

Concerning the ‘lolz you guys obv never played MMOs before, MMOs are always buggy lolol’ -part: There’s exactly 1 reason stuff gets released with such bugs: People like you. If everybody was up in arms whenever they screwed up like that, stuff would change and future releases were better. Luckily for them, there’s enough people like you.

There is only one god, and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to Death: ‘Not today’.

in Dragon Bash

Dedlaw.9130

sit on your back flapping in the wind and looking pretty.

Now THAT is worth discussing. Personally, I think they are fugly.

Just doing the events because I’m an achievement junky

in Dragon Bash

Dedlaw.9130

Concerning the ‘lolz you guys obv never played MMOs before, MMOs are always buggy lolol’ -part: There’s exactly 1 reason stuff gets released with such bugs: People like you. If everybody was up in arms whenever they screwed up like that, stuff would change and future releases were better. Luckily for them, there’s enough people like you.

Aww that’s cute. So now it’s all our fault?

Have you ever seen the WoW community upset over something that got broken in an update? At times it could border on riot. Did that make a difference in preventing future mistakes? Nope. Why do you think it will make a difference here?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I don’t think you have ever programmed anything and tried to test everything that users can maybe do wrong. Because you can spend much more time with that then with the programming, and in the end the users will still make something that you never in your wildest dreams could have imagined.

So the choice is more to live with bugs in updates, or get new updates maybe once in 6-12 months instead regulary. And even these updates will have bugs of course.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: mjhungness.8059

mjhungness.8059

I guess I understand the frustration but it doesn’t affect me. I can see losing the two things from counting after the event started but, still, there are a lot of ’gimme’s’ in things to do to get the 8. Sounds like they had to remove Dragon Ball achievements because it was being abused – I don’t know. Actually, I’m not sure why I’m posting. I can either hit “Post Reply” or just delete the whole thing, whatever is easier…

in Dragon Bash

makku.2508

I don’t think you have ever programmed anything and tried to test everything that users can maybe do wrong. Because you can spend much more time with that then with the programming, and in the end the users will still make something that you never in your wildest dreams could have imagined.

So the choice is more to live with bugs in updates, or get new updates maybe once in 6-12 months instead regulary. And even these updates will have bugs of course.

Excuse me, but how is the bug this entire thread is about related to anything happening on the user’s side? I explicitly wrote ‘such’ bugs, what part about ‘such’ did you not understand? Stuff like this has nothing to do with unexpected user actions and whatnot, it’s either laziness or sheer incompetence on ANet’s side, and neither should be tolerated.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Tbh and we all know this, they wont fix anything, its all about getting you to spend your money in the tp on gems fact. Iam just like all the rest of you waiting for the next set of mmo’s to come out untill then ill have to put up with there incompetence, O and ofc dont forget not to put real money in2 there tp ;D if you want to make them understand stop paying them.

What achievement requires you to spend money on gems?

Was just about to ask the same thing

Rich Dragon Coffers, Moa bird Racing and a few other items. You really didn’t thing at 80% of the people moan bird racing or getting RICH dragon coffers earned there gold the hard way did you?

Opening rich dragon coffers is an achievement???? Moa racing takes 20-30 min and max 10g to complete…..

Also sweets are 8 copper a piece…. soooo whats the problem???

With all due respect, but your argument sucks.
1) Don’t waste your time on rich coffers. I got 2 tickets by just opening normal coffers. (yes I opened a lot of them because they are cheap as hell).
2) Why would you buy gems just to get 10g? Seriously.. -_-
3) 8 whole copper pieces people!

Nobody is forcing you to buy gems, there are plenty of other (NON LAZY) ways to earn gold. If you chose to use gems then that’s your own fault. Don’t blame anet for it and don’t come with those ridiculous conspiracy theories about anet doing this on purpose just to screw us.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Dragon Bash

Iruwen.3164

White Knights to the rescue. If your banking software was bugged to hell, you’d probably not be so amused. I don’t get why people accept such inferior standards when it comes to gaming.

in Dragon Bash

Dedlaw.9130

White Knights to the rescue. If your banking software was bugged to hell, you’d probably not be so amused. I don’t get why people accept such inferior standards when it comes to gaming.

If somebody hacked my GW2 account, I’d be mildly upset.

If somebody hacked my bank account, I’d kitten myself.

Standards differ according to the importance. Waiting an extra day for your money could be disastrous. Waiting an extra day for a skin is not.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Phrixus.1426

Phrixus.1426

I’m just doing tpvp until the “new build” message pops up. I want to hard boiled so I can get 10 achieves finished for the wings, but Anet is taking it’s sweet time on updating, it’s now been June 19th for 8 and a half hours EST. Why say you can do things on a date but not update it until the middle of the day?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ilmau.9781

ilmau.9781

it s incredible, after more than 30 hours still not working, i really wonder what anet is doing or even that they really don t care at all.

every single patch has some issue, so pls don t spread the voice gw2 is one of the best mmorpg here around beacouse to say so u need to guarantee a GREAT service too, things that s completely missed here.

[Hell] Kresh Bloodghast
Seafarer’s Rest Alliance Leader – www.pevepe.net/gw2

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Tbh and we all know this, they wont fix anything, its all about getting you to spend your money in the tp on gems fact. Iam just like all the rest of you waiting for the next set of mmo’s to come out untill then ill have to put up with there incompetence, O and ofc dont forget not to put real money in2 there tp ;D if you want to make them understand stop paying them.

Hahaha guy who can’t spell or use grammar calls people who can actually program things incompetent. Gotta love the internet.

Though holy carp it’d be nice if they would know what’s actually in their code…

in Dragon Bash

Iruwen.3164

Still ANet has a very poor history of fixing things or doing them right to begin with. Bugs also differ in importance and probability of slipping through. When changing core aspects of the game, like LOS mechanics, you’ll likely break related stuff you didn’t think of, that’s normal. That’s what testing is normally meant to discover. When adding an achievement (or POI as another example), it’s a matter of do it / go there once. Obviously, not even that works with ANet’s QA. Which they prove with every single patch. Now talking about fixing more severe bugs, those aren’t fixed for weeks and months (I could name some class bugs now, but speaking in general). There’s a reason Jon created this thread, apparently people are upset about their work beyond normal levels. The Glassdoor review pretty much confirms that they have severe QA problems.
So there’s really not much to defend about their inferior testing and bug fixing practice.

in Dragon Bash

makku.2508

Have you ever seen the WoW community upset over something that got broken in an update? At times it could border on riot. Did that make a difference in preventing future mistakes? Nope. Why do you think it will make a difference here?

Of course it is. WoW community getting upset didn’t change anything because raging on forums isn’t enough, lol. Blizzard probably couldn’t care less about some teenagers raging on the internet, as long as they still renew their subscriptions.

There’s a difference between expressing you’re not satisfied to the people responsible for that, and actually making them feel you’re not satisfied.

If these WoW kids would have cancelled subscriptions instead of just raging and using their daddy’s credit card to get another month of WoW, then yea, things would have changed.

in Dragon Bash

Dedlaw.9130

Of course it is. WoW community getting upset didn’t change anything because raging on forums isn’t enough, lol. Blizzard probably couldn’t care less about some teenagers raging on the internet, as long as they still renew their subscriptions.

There’s a difference between expressing you’re not satisfied to the people responsible for that, and actually making them feel you’re not satisfied.

If these WoW kids would have cancelled subscriptions instead of just raging and using their daddy’s credit card to get another month of WoW, then yea, things would have changed.

So what you’re really saying is that bugs are everybody’s fault for not mass quitting?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

If you think Anet is fixing bugs slowly you would kill yourself after playing Aion. xD

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Shadowy Dawn.4703

Shadowy Dawn.4703

This whole thread has been nothing but a QQ fest, I mean seriously. Your remember back when we had to do EVERY achievement to get the meta chest? When we had to do an entire story arc to get one achievement that counted towards the meta chest? Stop complaining. If you want the wings do the achievements, its that simple. If you don’t get the ones that you can buy. Anet may be slow on some things but I guarantee that eventually you will get the wings if you earn them.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Phrixus.1426

Phrixus.1426

This whole thread has been nothing but a QQ fest, I mean seriously. Your remember back when we had to do EVERY achievement to get the meta chest? When we had to do an entire story arc to get one achievement that counted towards the meta chest? Stop complaining. If you want the wings do the achievements, its that simple. If you don’t get the ones that you can buy. Anet may be slow on some things but I guarantee that eventually you will get the wings if you earn them.

Well I’m at 9/10 req. achieves and they haven’t released the build with Hard Boiled available so I can’t possibly “earn them” if the achieve isn’t available. I have no problem with bugs, I have problems with developers not updating when they say they will.

in Dragon Bash

makku.2508

So what you’re really saying is that bugs are everybody’s fault for not mass quitting?

You’re almost there.

There’s several reasons bugs occur in the first place: Poor code, QA lacking, …

Publisher / producer / … will define a certain standard of quality. They will release anything they want to release the second it matches or exceeds that standard.

If that standard is too low, it’s the customer’s (that’s us) responsibility to communicate this, and take appropriate actions to make sure the standards get raised, so we can use the service we’re paying for with an adequate standard of quality.

Wasn’t really that hard to understand, was it?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

There’s several reasons bugs occur in the first place: Poor code, QA lacking, …

The main reason is that the bigger and more complex your codebase gets, the more bugs will creep in. GW2’s codebase is giant and highly complex, there will be many bugs no matter what you do to try to stamp them out…because human beings aren’t perfect coding machines. Trust me, I’ve seen way worse in high end, multimillion dollar business systems.

in Dragon Bash

Dedlaw.9130

Oh I understand the concept easy enough, I’m just having a hard time trying to keep up with the way you’re flipping your argument.

You say people that don’t complain are part of the problem, people should be up in arms if they want to see change. So I provide an example where being up in arms didn’t change anything. Then you turn around and say being up in arms isn’t enough, you should stop playing. So when I ask if your solution for bugs is for people to quit, you say no no people must take appropriate action.

So if complaining on forums is not enough and stop playing isn’t the way to go either, what exactly is your definition of “appropriate action”?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mankini.5896

Mankini.5896

Still no fix GG anet

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

I love how Anet shut down WvW etc to change this bug and…didn’t even kittening work.

Really ? Now as the unluckiest mmorpg player in the world (I’m serious, 7 years of experience proves it :p), and since I’m really impatient, I need to finish the Moa racing achievement (20 bets 0 wins so far) to get the wings.
Anet is really incompetent when it comes to these changes tho.

in Dragon Bash

Are we going to get a fix for this today!? I mean cmon, it’s such a simple hotfix…

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Camaro Charr.2805

Camaro Charr.2805

Arenanet excels at misinformation….

To be honest its not going to be changed from 10 to 8… you might as well go bite the bullet and finish it out to 10.

RE- Red Essence
Dragonband

(edited by Camaro Charr.2805)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: tasha.4176

tasha.4176

I did all 10 for my wings. Free Jade ticket, please. = =

in Dragon Bash

To be honest its not going to be changed from 10 to 8… you might as well go bite the bullet and finish it out to 10.

They will fix it once everyone has them already.

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Torasan.6029

Torasan.6029

Thats exactly what they want! ’Go on, gamble on moas, do it. You might like it ;-) ’

Ofcourse your more likely to lose vast quantities of gold than make any before your done but hey, you can always Buy more right?!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

I love how Moa gambling achievement counts for the Shattered wings and the Dragonball arena ones don’t.

That’s incredibly stupid.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: KlausKNT.9302

KlausKNT.9302

So how long need w8 for fix this??
I hope not to the end of this event

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Anwar.2018

Anwar.2018

I hate being forced to group PvP for Dragonball.

Mainly because it is unfair for any group to have me in it for PvP since I never ever even spar.

I occasionally have enjoyed the huge battles of realm v realm in other games mainly because I usually supply support but never was a fan of PvP on an individual or small group scale.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

the problem with them saying they are going to fix bugs i just dont believe them after the crab achievements in the last event. to get my last backpiece last time i had to beg for a portal cause i stink at jp’s and everything else was bugged so i couldnt get any other achievement and that was the last day of lost shore event and i tried everyday of the event to finish up enough achievements. all i saw from anet we are aware of the bugs and working on fix which they never did. im thinking they wont fix these and we will have to do ten and those dragon ball one wont ever count. im not saying im quiting and im not saying i cant wait i can. its like im in a abusive relationship and they keep slapping me. maybe i need help instead

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Bensozia.8071

Bensozia.8071

3) They have some serious problems with version control. They rolled the wrong version to the production systems and so the changes they thought they’d apply never happened.

I believe its version control. One of the old guild bugs came back with the dragon bash update and I had to quit and re-join guild to fix it

Guardians of the Light [GOTL]
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]
DragonBrand

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: sophie deadbones.7345

sophie deadbones.7345

If you feel you’ve been grinding your way through the holiday…

then the game designers did a poor job. End of story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

This is just a minor bug, what some of you guys are saying is just ignorant and illogical.

some thing like “Yeah, this is ridiculous.”
“Probably bug not surprised Anet rarely tests stuff”
“Anet … Pathetic …”
just for a bug like this.
these comments are like the most idiotic comments ive ever see for ages, like you guys never played any games or any MMOs.

It’s actually of a far bigger scope than your limited mind could ever imagine.

There’s 3 reasons why this could have happened:

1) They don’t test/verify stuff at all. Like in, never, really. Someone changed a value somewhere and didn’t even bother verifying it had the desired effect. He changed something unrelated or unused, and that error went through without anybody noticing.

2) There’s some mysterious issue going on that prevents changes that were made, tested & verified on their development systems to work as intended on the production systems. They seem to not be aware of this issue.

Considering how quite an amount of changes went through undocumented in the past (‘stealth nerfs’), I’d say version 3 is most likely. Regardless, none of these 3 are ‘minor bugs’, but serious issues really.

Sure, Sure, i mean your mind is so unlimited and you are obviously better at coding then anet employees and obviously know what you are talking right? show me you can do a better job then start talking about BS.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

(edited by Lighter.5631)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

Has this been resolved?

Most programmers probably are thinking how is it more complicated than a simple ‘if-then’

If DragonBashAchieve = 8
SendMailReward
Else
End

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

Is this being silenced to death?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I looked at my Oompa Loompa order status on Amazon, and clearly I had remembered to check the ‘NOW’ box under shipping options.

I’m also at 9/10, and I’ll be finished up tomorrow regardless, once they let us talk to Mankrik and his wife in Caledon and Wayfarer, respectively.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Has this been resolved?

Most programmers probably are thinking how is it more complicated than a simple ‘if-then’

If DragonBashAchieve = 8
SendMailReward
Else
End

Nope, hasn’t been resolved, and that’s not such a huge deal, but the silence about the issue is though.

Ah well. DVR is full of Dexter and True Blood episodes to catch up on, and since I just finished reading The Walking Dead Compendium II, I need to order from episode 97 to the current one.

I’ve only played GW2 for a few months, I won’t be heartbroken not to play, or spend my cash on gems, I’ll find something else to occupy my free time if things are going to remain broken.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Outlaw.3421

Outlaw.3421

At this point I don’t think it matters.

You can ignore Moa Racing and miss the fireworks show and still get the 10 achievements.

Tomorrow “Every Piece Matters” will be done and “No More Secrets” will be released which will grant you another 2 out of the 10 needed.

It could’ve been a lot worse

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

Got a patch notification in WvW, for an update in 1-2 hrs, so let’s hope this fixes the issue.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lauranda.1342

Lauranda.1342

SO since I have now done 12 chieves…do i get an extra half wing?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: KlausKNT.9302

KlausKNT.9302

yes they did it!!
GZ

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

Seems to be fixed now.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]