Dragon ball afkers

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zemarca.6218

Zemarca.6218

I have notice that there have been a lot of afkers in Dragon ball today. It really sucks for both sides when there is only one active player on a team. I have seen this happen at least 4 times in a row.
Sure its great to get the dragon ball boss title but not at the expense of fun. I think there needs to be an auto balance for the mini game. I know that might make people mad for taking away their win for the achieve or reward but I personally feel like i am cheated of a real reward even if my team wins against 3 afkers.

Just thought I would mention it and helpfully they will do something about it. especially if its going to last for a month.

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Bedazzle.5746

Bedazzle.5746

They were probably just afk’ing to get their 21 matches played in order to get the achievement. That’s rather messed up…but that would be my guess as to why.

I don’t think they thought the mechanics through on dragon ball.

Lady Pecken Paw[MF]
Level 80 Norn Mesmer
Yak’s Bend Server

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

If I see the same person AFK for two full matches, I’ve been reporting them using the botting tag.

I really wish we had a way to report afkers specifically.

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: PurebladeProductions.4875

PurebladeProductions.4875

If I see the same person AFK for two full matches, I’ve been reporting them using the botting tag.

What if the person in question was actually AFK and had no time to leave Dragon Ball because of something urgent? It happened to me a few days ago and ended up being AFK through a few matches.

People who do absolutely nothing in Dragon Ball, and thus being AFK, should be kicked to either Lion’s Arch or to the character selection screen after 30 seconds – 1 minute in my opinion.

Pureblade – Maelstrom Warriors [MW] – Gandara (EU)
8/9 Professions, Asura Guardian main.

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

What if the person in question was actually AFK and had no time to leave Dragon Ball because of something urgent? It happened to me a few days ago and ended up being AFK through a few matches.

People who do absolutely nothing in Dragon Ball, and thus being AFK, should be kicked to either Lion’s Arch or to the character selection screen after 30 seconds – 1 minute in my opinion.

All it takes to log out is to hit the Esc key and click Exit Game. Two things. Unless someone’s choking to death, I don’t see why it’s asking a lot of someone to have them click something twice.

Now this is going to be really awkward if ALL of these AFKers actually are saving choking people… Lol. What are the odds?

Hoopa doopa.

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

i’m just glad i was able to get both achievements out of the way before people started being afk more and more. i feel a little bad for them those trying really hard to get those 20 wins when their team isn’t participating. if it bothers you that much then just leave and join another game, if you’re a bit into the match then just let it finish and just join another one. – i read somewhere that if you’re afk for 15 seconds you get booted from the match though i’ve yet to see that happen to any of the people that i’ve seen akitten a match.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

Could u please comment this Anet-community managers? This makes the game very unfair and it’s not fun to play against an outnumbered team and them having free teams by killing our afk(ers).
Any way to fix that? It kinda ruins Dragon Ball for me…

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: LimeTwyst.7039

LimeTwyst.7039

I too used the “botting” category to report an afk’r who’d been afk for 30+ minutes, having appeared on both friendly and foe teams and then cycled back to being on my team again. The afk auto-logout apparently is not functioning in this arena. Please fix!

LT | Ellti Doomfang | Sanctum of Rall

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: MaiYun.3147

MaiYun.3147

I played only about 2-3 games in Dragon Ball.. but Seriously, you guys are reporting someone who “akitten” as “botter”??

Just to let you know, person who afks does not breach any of the policy as the person is not using any kinds of third party software or exploiting a glitch/bug

So my guess is – those people will not face any consequences

but, Anet should fix that as I see you guys are complaining a lot and it can really break the matches for you

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Yeah it’s too bad. It is one of those things where they make a fun event but due to a glitch that allows perma-afk other players, if you can call afk playing, just want to mess it up for everyone else because they are inconsiderate.

Just like when all the 80s were camping the holos in starter maps and smashing them before anyone else had a chance.

It’s the same reason people with a cart full of groceries get in the express lane. They think they are the only ones on the planet.

Unfortunately it is very difficult to develop rules/fixes that will completely eliminate the uncanny ability of humans to be inconsiderate of others and discard social norms.

The Burninator

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

Arena Net needs to create a feature if a player is reported by more than 80% of the team they are kicked out of the match, obviously this could creature some abuse, but those abusing the feature should also be punished. It would get rid of people who AFK or purposly lose.

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: whitepaws.1523

whitepaws.1523

I just played about 12 games with on afk player. Now matter how good the team played the side that got the afk always lost. sometimes close but always lost. In the end we just started running out and getting us killed to get it over with and hope for more luck with the next round.
it’s the most unfun thing I have encountered in GW2 so far and absolutely infuriating since you can’t do anything about it.
EDIT: And even leaving seems not to be helping. I just quit Dragon Ball to write this post when I rejoined I was teamed up with the same afker

(edited by whitepaws.1523)

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Yeah agree this is a joke… those players should be kicked to LA, receive a 1hr disablement from Dragonball and also have 1 taken off their DB achievement score for both wins and games played.. then they might think twice about it cos it only extends their need to play it more when they obviously don’t really want to… I can see the tears now.

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I hate this too, we should report them as botters, since it’s basically what they do: they leave their ingame character do the work while eating a pizza and watching TV.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: TempestMoon.5403

TempestMoon.5403

Just call it what it is: lazy

I’ve always been pro ANet up to this point but enough is enough. Their competitive balance on mini games like this just plain sucks. As much as I hate the afk’s I can’t fault them too much in what is just a plain broken system. The rest of the game is fine but I almost dread these holiday events with mini games because they’re always broken.

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

I hate to be the negative one here but…

This feature isn’t in tpvp why do you think they would suddenly put development time into a temporary mini game when this has been an issue for tpvp since release? We have to look at the facts here and be a bit realistic

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

I hate to be the negative one here but…

This feature isn’t in tpvp why do you think they would suddenly put development time into a temporary mini game when this has been an issue for tpvp since release? We have to look at the facts here and be a bit realistic

No one is expecting it to change this event, but like every other problem we report and bring it to the surface. Let’s be realistic You think EVERYONE is that naive and optimistic?

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ramus.2546

Ramus.2546

I’ve been reporting them as botters since day 1.

No.

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Actually…now that I think about it, disabling PvP for 1 hour if you’re afk for too long in it sounds like a grand idea, both for this and all forms of PvP.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kusa.6438

Kusa.6438

This really needs to be addressed… Its extremely annoying and ruins the whole minigame.

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Antisceptic.9174

Antisceptic.9174

Agreed. I understand why afkers are kicked out, otherwise game would go on for ever, but there should be a better option. I never thought I would say this, but give us another conquest objective. That way if everyone leaves but 1 afk guy the game can still end.

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Just played and had 2 afk——-ruined the whole game, and let’s be real, the only reason they would be afk for that long is on purpose. Anet need to address this somehow in mini games/events that depend on forced random teams. KICK them, in fact give them a 1hr penalty.

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Giggityman.2837

Giggityman.2837

I wouldn’t even say 1h penalty, I say penalize them gold, karma and laurels. Should keep them away from the game permenantly

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Black Wolf.7348

Black Wolf.7348

^^great idea. they ruin the game for us so making them bleed in return is fair. + it will ensure that they stay away.

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: snowdeano.2967

snowdeano.2967

Mostly its down to the achievement dragon ball devotee (play 20 games) which means you can go AFK, don’t play dragon ball and still get the achievement. Dragon ball boss is great because you have to help your team win 20 times to get it. so its pretty much down to A-Team to think of different achievements for pvp, where they get people to play the game, like kill 50 people in dragon ball! much better ^^

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ashen Sukhur.1453

Ashen Sukhur.1453

Ok, this is ridiculous! Not only are there sometimes people AFK, and are the matches often lopsided. Now I’m in a match at this very moment where the enemy team has left (score is 160-0), and there are no more people joining in. Now I’m basically waiting out the timer of 30min (which is way to long in my opinion)!

It’s really too bad, because sometimes a match can be really fun, when no team is really gaining the upper hand. But most of the times this is not the case.

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: geekitup.1258

geekitup.1258

I played two games just now and counted 6 afkers….SIX! that is counting both red and blue teams. this needs addressing ASAP.

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Fiontar.4695

All it takes to log out is to hit the Esc key and click Exit Game. Two things. Unless someone’s choking to death, I don’t see why it’s asking a lot of someone to have them click something twice.

Now this is going to be really awkward if ALL of these AFKers actually are saving choking people… Lol. What are the odds?

There is also the door icon above the mini-map that with one click will exit the instance. I agree, I don’t buy that any of these AFKers went afk to respond to some emergency. If they have kids and they need to be checked on, just quit the instance. I don’t care if the match is almost over. If you need to AFK, pop out of the instance first so you don’t waste everyone’s time.

I never report on the first AFK match, to allow for some minor mishap, like mouse batteries going dead, falling over in your chair, spilling soda on your keyboard, etc… If I see a pattern of AFK, I always report.

I agree, though, that the game should have better detection of afkers, or at least a mechanism where you can easily report afk and if more than two people report, the afker get’s a five second countdown to click a prompt showing they are not AFK before getting booted. Botting to overcome the prompt would be grounds for a ban and I’d hope there would also be a flag for investigation for anyone who triggers the AFK status frequently.

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Fiontar.4695

Mostly its down to the achievement dragon ball devotee (play 20 games) which means you can go AFK, don’t play dragon ball and still get the achievement. Dragon ball boss is great because you have to help your team win 20 times to get it. so its pretty much down to A-Team to think of different achievements for pvp, where they get people to play the game, like kill 50 people in dragon ball! much better ^^

I agree. Achievement for wins, then an achievement that doesn’t require wins, but does require active participation, like kills. The rewards are so pitiful it’s hard to imagine someone would afk DB just to get a Zhaitaffy every 10 minutes!

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Fiontar.4695

Just call it what it is: lazy

I’ve always been pro ANet up to this point but enough is enough. Their competitive balance on mini games like this just plain sucks. As much as I hate the afk’s I can’t fault them too much in what is just a plain broken system. The rest of the game is fine but I almost dread these holiday events with mini games because they’re always broken.

Last night I played DB for about two hours. Every single match with out any AFKers ended with the two teams with in 60 points of each other. They need to prevent afkers and remove any incentive for going AFK. This mini-game is actually excellently balanced when two full teams play an entire match together.

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

im just laughing at the people who say they report people for akitteng, you do know if you send in enough erroneous reports accusing people of something they didn’t do you’ll just be ignored when you actually report a real bot or you’ll get in trouble for essentially wasting someones time.

besides you’re going a little overboard with this afk thing, especially since the minigame isn’t even permanent.
and the afk auto boot won’t happen if they talk in chat or mess around in any of the menus.
let alone its a 30 min timer before you’re actually auto booted for doing absolutely nothing; maybe longer.
i and many others hate that mini game i dont see how you like dps zerg fest, don’t blame the players, blame the achievements.

Dragon ball afkers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

You guys are looking at the “glass half empty” as i was until today.

I joined a game where there were at least 4 afk. It eventually works out in your favour, If you hang in that same game without exiting to lions arch, After each game the teams are shuffled so you either going to be in the team with lots of AKF and lose or you are going to be in the team that has a pretty much full squad, the chance of getting those wins increases greatly with all the AFK , rather that two full teams,
“The glass is now half full”