DragonBall - and how boring it is.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

I’m another one who came to GW from Quake (all of them except II – bleugh). I haven’t had a chance to get into Dragon Ball but intend to spend an evening getting to grips with it. Sounds like a blast and for me will be a nostalgia trip.

As others have said – it’s about teamwork and map familiarity. When your team is mostly AFK, agree it is difficult to do well. But as long as you have another team-mate active, work together to split the zergers. Hard but rewarding :-)

TraZ
(Wow! Been a while since I used that nick!)

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

I do not understand why they don’t just add in custom and private games for these PvP things. People want to play with their friends, not random groups. It would make things so much more enjoyable.

“Oh, but then people would just cheat for the achievements.” So the kitten what. They’re internet points.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If I could change it, I would:

- Free for all, every man for himself
- 5 players total, unless you want chaos
- Random spawn points throughout the map (around 10 or so), no safe zone
- 3s respawn delay
- 1 coffer rewarded for every 2 minutes of active participation (must attack)
- 3, 2, 1 bonus coffers for being 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 1 candy for the rest

Constant action, more rewarding and more fun. Players that find themselves terrible at playing it would probably have a hard time with the achievement though, even though there would be a little randomness to winning, since everyone could easily gang up on who was/is winning along with kill stealing. To make it easier though, assuming these achievements are meant to be casual, I’d count 1st, 2nd and 3rd as winning.

Lastly, for those wanting to play with friends, there’d be a “Team Deathmatch” mode, which would be as it is now with the addition of coffers over time. Teams must enter as a group of 5.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Dextra.8162

Dextra.8162

I don’t know, I got my 20 matches won without zerging. I really hate how this game devolved into the zerg mentality, it’s just so mindless. I had a blast getting this achievement roaming around using the skills. Like, after springing up through the ceiling I would drop an ice trap and run around to the other side of the hole so the person that was chasing me hit the trap, then pelted away at them with the 1 key. Or if we were both low on hp, throwing down reflect to finish them off and escaping.

Having all these abilities is the opposite of encouraging zerging. You just have to keep playing to master the map of the orb locations. A lot of times I finished games with most points, requires no zerging. As with anything it just takes practice.

Also, I don’t understand why the people that go akitten expect their team to win, when they constantly get forced out on the map to be killed repeatedly racking up easy win points for the other team. Not a very smart strategy.

Stuffed Bunny – The Easter egg warrior ;3
Oublietta (Dolly Dearest) – The creepy doll mesmer.
Princess Dolls [Doll] ~ Of Darkhaven

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: cubed.2853

cubed.2853

I like minigames a lot, but if you can leave without punishment, if you can stay akitten forever, if you are constantly kicked into a running game, then it is no more fun! If I completed my achievements I will never ever play the game again for these reasons! Thanks for noticing!

it was written…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

This doesn’t even count for the wings. Maybe if more people knew that, there would be less AFkers.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Canguro.5768

Canguro.5768

I also got my 20 wins without any zerging around, the key is never stop moving and if you are alone running from 2 or 3 oponents, USE your skills.

when you are running use #2 on your spot and you will hit for 30 dmg your enemies (better inside the tunnels), use #3 to freeze them, use #5 in open fields so enemy attacks won’t hurt you for a short period.

learn #4 range and don’t forget to turn auto attack on #1.

if you are having trouble with someone on the other team call for target, other ppl in your team will see it and might help you with that one.

Maguuma

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

the key is to not be bad. if your whole team is afk, then you can literally win the game 1v5 since they only get points for kills, and if you’re the only target, they get 1/5th the points you can get.

if you’re good enough, you can dodge, juke, and aoe your way to victory. i’ve won being chased by 2-3 people on multiple occasions. most people are dumb enough to just run behind you straight into fire aoe.