Droprate for Holo Wings

Droprate for Holo Wings

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Battista.4392

Battista.4392

i always Play GW2 together with my wife, so our drops or the chance to drop something should be similar, just wondering if anyone else had the luck to drop those 100k holo wings from a mob?

so far i got around 7 knight minis, no tickets, my wife on the other hand has around 12 minis, 3 (!) tickets AND 2 holo wings from mobs. I mean, is she really THAT lucky or did they change something? before it happened I had no clue that mobs can drop them.

Droprate for Holo Wings

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: DallasisaLeo.1584

DallasisaLeo.1584

She’s just that lucky. Probability is fun like that.

::edit:: and by “fun” I mean “stupid”.

Droprate for Holo Wings

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

By that i think he means, if your lucky then it’s fun, but if your unlucky then rgn is stupid.

Droprate for Holo Wings

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

This might be a silly question but is she wearing more magic find gear than you?

I got the wings on the second or third day, and seem to get more coffers that day too. I thought it was weird until I remembered I’d picked up a magic find buff from something in LA (a bonfire I think).

But it is random, so things like this can happen. People often seem to have lucky streaks, but sooner or later it switches around.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Droprate for Holo Wings

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Special K.8143

Special K.8143

i always Play GW2 together with my wife, so our drops or the chance to drop something should be similar, just wondering if anyone else had the luck to drop those 100k holo wings from a mob?

so far i got around 7 knight minis, no tickets, my wife on the other hand has around 12 minis, 3 (!) tickets AND 2 holo wings from mobs. I mean, is she really THAT lucky or did they change something? before it happened I had no clue that mobs can drop them.

Wings are mob drops only, they dont have a chance to come out of coffers or rich coffers. The rare drop you want from coffers is the jade ticket. She just happen to be lucky on the RNG of the mob drops. Personally, i’ve been farming semi-seriously all the holo locations for coffers (Guildie and I just finished a 4.5 hour long farm run to the point that we both got 2 full stacks of coffers). Out of the 4 days the event has been active, i JUST got my wing drop a few hours ago. He hasn’t. But he was lucky and has gotten a jade ticket, but i haven’t.

Droprate for Holo Wings

in Dragon Bash

Battista.4392

i asked her right now, she just used food, so maybe around 18% magic find, nothing more. guess it is just her awesome luck in the end, i am happy for her, not sad for myself or frustrated ^^, was just wondering if they maybe changed something, because it literally happened within 1 hour on two different chars. another funny thing about it is, she really wanted those wings and i told her to simply buy them, 20 mins later she had them dropped. the Event is still fresh, to all players still trying to get tickets or wings, dont give up, keep on trying and GOOD LUCK.

Droprate for Holo Wings

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lauranda.1342

Lauranda.1342

Do they drop directly from mobs, or in the coffers? I’m not sure how many coffers I have opened…a few hundred for sure, and I have gotten 3 minis.

Droprate for Holo Wings

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Had maybe 40% MF% going when they popped for me…
no food buffs either, was mostly runes / jewelry.

…they’re also going to get really really cliche` really fast in LA if everyone starts wearing them. I know I won’t be…

Droprate for Holo Wings

in Dragon Bash

Battista.4392

one pair dropped from holo mob and one from ususal low lvl mob. think its tickets only in coffers and wings only from mobs

Droprate for Holo Wings

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Running 215% MF, averaging about one set of wings per day before DR makes me log off in disgust. Coffer and wing drop rate is nice up until then though.

Avoid the Holos, they’ll just make your dr hit faster and are a waste of time.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Droprate for Holo Wings

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

Running 215% MF, averaging about one set of wings per day before DR makes me log off in disgust. Coffer and wing drop rate is nice up until then though.

What the HELL. Are you serious? That’s awesome. How did you get your MF up that high? I have yet to see a single ticket or wings and I’ve openned thousends of boxes. I guess MF does count toward DR in this case.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

Droprate for Holo Wings

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

MF doesn’t affect coffer drops, only loot from mobs, and on-kill.

Droprate for Holo Wings

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

As iv been telling everyone, play wvw!

The drop rate seems to be higher for coffers to drop. Maybe its the insane amount of loot bags you go through.

As for the wings, I personally got 2 drop from wvw and not much time playing (prob 3-4 hours). Now a guildy swore to me that wvw had better drops than pve – Didnt really believe him till he linked the wings and said he got 3 in one day. Now maybe it was a placebo effect but here i am with 2 sets to sell after the event.

After all, a positive attitude has been proven to alter the result of RNG…. Sounds crazy right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Consciousness_Project

Try it, you might never know how lucky you can be!

Droprate for Holo Wings

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Now a guildy swore to me that wvw had better drops than pve – Didnt really believe him till he linked the wings and said he got 3 in one day. Now maybe it was a placebo effect but here i am with 2 sets to sell after the event.

It’s always been better… though they’re still PvE mobs that you have to fight (in WvW). I don’t know if drops from fighting other players has ever been better. (really hard to tell but kinda dumb on Anet’s part incentives wise)

Droprate for Holo Wings

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

What the HELL. Are you serious? That’s awesome. How did you get your MF up that high? I have yet to see a single ticket or wings and I’ve openned thousends of boxes. I guess MF does count toward DR in this case.

I haven’t got a ticket yet, and the wings come straight from the mobs, haven’t got any from the boxes.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Magic_Find§ion=9#Maximizing_magic_find

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Droprate for Holo Wings

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

I’ve gotten 3 wings to drop from me, 2 in wvw, and 1 from a level 20 mob while I was leveling a lowbie.

Of course I had to waste all the money I made on coffers because my jade ticket RNG sucked

Droprate for Holo Wings

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: TheGreenGuy.7134

TheGreenGuy.7134

I’ve only gotten 2 minis 1 claim ticket and no wings but it was easier to get coffers when it first came out, by that I mean the drop rate on holograph minions were higher I’m kinda annoyed about the invulnerability. But can you really get the wings just from drops? I didn’t know that I thought the shattered ones and the ones from jot breakers were the only ones or ways to get them

Droprate for Holo Wings

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: SirusDibley.3716

SirusDibley.3716

But can you really get the wings just from drops?

yep – got the wings last night in ore , dropped from a risen.

Droprate for Holo Wings

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

i always Play GW2 together with my wife, so our meps or the chance to drop something should be similar, just wondering if anyone else had the luck to drop those 100k holo wings from a mob?

Your wife played with u…? Thats awesome man. I wish my wife would play with me in this game.

vvuevv

Droprate for Holo Wings

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

i always Play GW2 together with my wife, so our meps or the chance to drop something should be similar, just wondering if anyone else had the luck to drop those 100k holo wings from a mob?

Your wife played with u…? Thats awesome man. I wish my wife would play with me in this game.

Mine plays with me too xP
…And about as lucky. No major drops for me, but she’s already rockin’ a Ticket and a set of Wings… >> Lol

Hoopa doopa.

Droprate for Holo Wings

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Genophix.3098

Genophix.3098

I know right? Mate your so lucky

If I ever get divorced ill be looking for a gamer girl, would make my life a lot easier!

Droprate for Holo Wings

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Genophix.3098

Genophix.3098

…And about as lucky. No major drops for me, but she’s already rockin’ a Ticket and a set of Wings… >> Lol

So AN are sexist and dig the chicks?

(Said in jest before I get sued!)

Droprate for Holo Wings

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Dantanian.9356

Dantanian.9356

Whereabouts are folks receiving these drops? Are they in a certain leveled area/place? Certain enemies more than others? Animals? Sapients? Etc.. ?

Droprate for Holo Wings

in Dragon Bash

Danikat.8537

They can drop from any enemy, anywhere in the world. Everything from the yellow named enemies in starter areas to the champion karka in Southsun.

Only exception is I assume they don’t drop in the starter instances because all drops are disabled there, but I haven’t actually tested it.

Droprate for Holo Wings

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

value in the trading post: 13g and falling. Suggestion: do a few dungeon runs and you’ll be able to buy it in no time.

edit: 12g 11s

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Droprate for Holo Wings

in Dragon Bash

Danikat.8537

Hmm…I sold my wings to get money for the mini moa. At the time I thought I was sacrificing the wings for the mini (and I was happy to do that) but at this rate by the end of the event even if I don’t get lucky and get a second set drop I’ll be able to buy them from the TP for a fraction of what I sold them at.

Droprate for Holo Wings

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Glychd.2314

Glychd.2314

Wow, you should have her buy a lottery ticket.

I make videos. Check out my youtube channel MidgetDance, and look for the GW2 playlist!

Droprate for Holo Wings

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: blackgoat.5172

blackgoat.5172

My wife and I play together also. I usually have the better luck between the two of us but so far nothing for her and all I’ve gotten is 5 of the risen knights from regular coffers.

Káge – 80 Thief / Asháman – 80 Elementalist
Project Mayhem A multigaming, PVx social guild on Dragonbrand
Dragonbrand Community Forums

Droprate for Holo Wings

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: BlackLotus.8349

BlackLotus.8349

I’ve got one ticket, a handful of minis, and 2 wings.

Droprate for Holo Wings

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Got 2 tickets and no wings. Dont really want the tickets. :<

Droprate for Holo Wings

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Gestankfaust.4216

Gestankfaust.4216

I didn’t want the wing…got them in four hours of play when the event started. Dropped from a boar I believe. Looked lame so I sold it. :P

600 or so coffers later, I get a ticket. Now have a funny looking rifle.