How to farm Dragon Coffers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

Made a quick video of best way to farm dragon coffers plus how to get your 300/300 for the “So lifelike” Achievement. I feel like a zerker war is the best for this with a gs sword/warhorn combo.

You hit stability before you activate the switch and then it should only take one hundred blade to finish the mobs. I personally don’t like waiting for anyone and I did no try on any other maps, might be best to find one that no one is camping spots, there was 3-4 spawns that were being camped on the map I choose which slowed it down. Took about and hour and a half to finish.

http://youtu.be/OmLJaf5TE6I \

[Ark]Noober

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

Well, thanks, I guess, for becoming the poster boy for why the holo projectors are anti-community. You deliberately espouse killing the spawns as quickly as possible and with out ever waiting for anyone. Exactly the kind of game play this game is supposed to discourage, if not make impossible.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

Well, thanks, I guess, for becoming the poster boy for why the holo projectors are anti-community. You deliberately espouse killing the spawns as quickly as possible and with out ever waiting for anyone. Exactly the kind of game play this game is supposed to discourage, if not make impossible.

Timberlake wrote a song just for people like you

[Ark]Noober

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

This is exatly why the holograms need to scale with the amount of players in a certain radius.

trying to farm a few camped spots today was a absolute nightmare. Some might argue they shouldnt be camped – but we were all talking and having fun as a community – it was great.
Until the thing popped and immediately got smashed to pieces by AOE, meaning a few players each time wouldnt even hit the things. That kitten ed people off VERY quickly.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: MorganOneNine.1025

MorganOneNine.1025

Fiontar has a very valid (and correct) point.

But, the blame also lies with the content– the holo-monsters shouldn’t die so quickly that there’s a 99% chance you can’t even get a hit in; some re-balancing needs to be done.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Somehow I’m getting way more dragon coffers off skales than any other mob. Doesn’t matter which ones. Better kill as many of them as possible before ANet fixes it.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sinikka.2794

Sinikka.2794

I don’t know, farming them is quite fun the way I’m doing it- Standing in an RP circle. I don’t really RP, but when in Rome… (or Queensdale, as the case may be).

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

The wintersday present nodes were fun. the mobs were tough, so you wanted other people to show up and it also gave people time to reach the node and qualify for drop loot. Also, just activating the box would drop presents on the ground, so even if you were late to the node, you could still get something.

That was fun and supported community, while completely eliminating griefing. This, on the other hand, is just horrible game design. I can say that because they touted the changes vs. Wintersday. They fixed what wasn’t broken and essentially ruined the content.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

The wintersday present nodes were fun. the mobs were tough, so you wanted other people to show up and it also gave people time to reach the node and qualify for drop loot. Also, just activating the box would drop presents on the ground, so even if you were late to the node, you could still get something.

That was fun and supported community, while completely eliminating griefing. This, on the other hand, is just horrible game design. I can say that because they touted the changes vs. Wintersday. They fixed what wasn’t broken and essentially ruined the content.

Exactly – there was still a little window. Could have just had a big holographic easter… pardon dragon-egg instead of the present box.

I’ll see tonight if it’s as bad as it sounds.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

Eewww you’re a clicker.

Seriously though, thanks for the video!

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

zerker war is the best for this

I personally don’t like waiting for anyone

http://youtu.be/OmLJaf5TE6I \

Sorry, but this is reason to dislike

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: sophie deadbones.7345

sophie deadbones.7345

Well, thanks, I guess, for becoming the poster boy for why the holo projectors are anti-community.

Huh? Ok, first of all, 300 is an unreasonable goal. It’s like the dragon wings. All it proves is that someone spent every waking moment standing at one of those holo projectors for days, not doing anything else either in the game or in real life. Or they foolishly spent real money on virtual goods.
I stood at a holo for one solid day, until I could not stand it another second. I’m up to 33%. I’ll never make it. 300 is too high a number. It’s beyond enjoying a little Dragon Bash fun. The dragon wings are worse. But my point is, if you want to blame anyone for sucking the fun out of it, blame the game, not the players. Bashing a few dragon pinatas is festive. Killing hundreds of holos is tedious and mind-numbing.
Second, since I’ve yet to see ANY players at any holo I’ve stood at, so how is this, “anti-community?” The game has died down considerably over the last few months so you better learn to to play alone if you want to survive. For that matter, there are plenty of projectors in the game. Go find another one full of players if that’s your thing. Personally, I am a single player and think other people spoil MY game which is why I do all the mission alone. All the events alone. All the holos alone. If something is too crowded, I go somewhere else or come back later. I sure don’t accuse other people of being anti anything. GW2 is big enough for everyone to play any way they want and none of us have any business criticizing other people for how they decide to spend their money, whether they enjoy a single-player or multi-player experience.

in Dragon Bash

Sawnic.6795

Well, thanks, I guess, for becoming the poster boy for why the holo projectors are anti-community.

Huh? Ok, first of all, 300 is an unreasonable goal. It’s like the dragon wings. All it proves is that someone spent every waking moment standing at one of those holo projectors for days, not doing anything else either in the game or in real life. Or they foolishly spent real money on virtual goods.
I stood at a holo for one solid day, until I could not stand it another second. I’m up to 33%. I’ll never make it. 300 is too high a number. It’s beyond enjoying a little Dragon Bash fun. The dragon wings are worse. But my point is, if you want to blame anyone for sucking the fun out of it, blame the game, not the players. Bashing a few dragon pinatas is festive. Killing hundreds of holos is tedious and mind-numbing.
Second, since I’ve yet to see ANY players at any holo I’ve stood at, so how is this, “anti-community?” The game has died down considerably over the last few months so you better learn to to play alone if you want to survive. For that matter, there are plenty of projectors in the game. Go find another one full of players if that’s your thing. Personally, I am a single player and think other people spoil MY game which is why I do all the mission alone. All the events alone. All the holos alone. If something is too crowded, I go somewhere else or come back later. I sure don’t accuse other people of being anti anything. GW2 is big enough for everyone to play any way they want and none of us have any business criticizing other people for how they decide to spend their money, whether they enjoy a single-player or multi-player experience.

I stopped reading when I realized you mentioned you stood at one projector.

Can I ask why you did something so dreadfully boring? I did the achievement in about 2 hours total, if that, running in a path. Got some nice loot for it, too.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Can I ask why you did something so dreadfully boring? I did the achievement in about 2 hours total, if that, running in a path. Got some nice loot for it, too.

Yeah not hard to get the holos if you actually play the game and find a good path. They are not rare to find and easier to get than the ones where everyone is farming/camping all around the same one or two. There are many out there I don’t think others really know about because everyone is camping the same ones. I found a path that I ran as well and got plenty of holos, a ton of dragon coffers, lots of exp and some pretty nice loot as well.

The Burninator

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

Such a silly “How To”.
I don’t think there’s much though-process on killing some holo’s.
Seriously… 15 days.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

I stopped reading when I realized you mentioned you stood at one projector.

Ya what he said it is waaayyyy faster to go to a map with few people on it and hit all of the projectors. Usually if you have one or two people then they will spawn about fast enough for you to keep going in a circle. Also if you are a single player why do you play mmos? There are a ton of good single player games that you could be playing and not have to worry about seeing others. But i guess you enjoy the main aspects of the game so seeing people every now and then is not that big a deal. Well good luck if you try to do the projectors again.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: BlueSoda.6297

BlueSoda.6297

Holo-projectors are not “anti-community” just because YOU (and other newbies) can’t handle farming them. The person who made this thread and video was just being nice and trying to help people and you decided to blame him/her for your issues with the game mechanics.

Charr Lawful-Neutral

in Dragon Bash

Sawnic.6795

These aren’t anti-community. You just want an excuse to whine about how you can’t farm them as well as you’d like to.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: CorneliusCoffin.3169

CorneliusCoffin.3169

I love how this thread is titled “How to farm dragon coffers” and then there’s a video that shows you how to get 6 coffers in about 5 minutes, while paying a little fortune for teleportation.
You know what’s more time effective if you want to waste money and need the coffers? Buy them off the trading post.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

He was on a low population server I think, you can wait for someone else on those but it will take you a long time to get your achievement then.,
On populated servers I wait for someone to join, never takes long.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

I did about 50 today in about 15 minutes.

Everyone worked together pretty well (on Tarnished Coast, so yeah, we’re always busy even at 5am) – I waited for people and people waited for me. That way we ALL got credit for ALL of the holograms instead of fighting for them.

15 minutes a day for like, 6 days really isn’t that bad since there’s a month to do it.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: mjhungness.8059

mjhungness.8059

The ‘every person for himself’ metality shows up on Youtube the day after Thanksgiving. It looks silly then and seeing it in a game it looks silly now. Just as silly are those that try to come up with rules that few will actually abide by and then, if they do, will drop as soon as they get bowled over by those that don’t.

There are many ways to get the holo kill count, assuming you’re at least 20-30th level and have access to more than just the starter map. 1. Go to less populated sections of the map. 2. Guest on a less populated server and hit those maps. 3. Hit those you can hit but continue to play the game – don’t focus on just doing that because you’ll get coffer and candy drops from other mobs and you’ll eventually get the holo kills as you happen on them. 4. Get a group of friends together, find an ungaurded holo, pop it and have everyone make sure they do a little AOE to get tagged on all the mobs.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

Yeah I can’t believe the hilarious mentality of people.. The Hologram Projectors are in nearly the ENTIRE WORLD with exceptions minus Orr and Southsun. Yet stacks of level 80’s sit in the lowest levelled areas, complain about the speed at which the creatures die and that they are missing out on projectors.

Seriously, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. There’s areas that have stacks of projectors at level 30-70 all that last just those few seconds longer – enough for those near by to get there in time.

I started with moving from map to map to map, making my path to each projector in turn, heading towards the next map edge. Once I would get about 30 coffers I would move to the next map, and guess what: no DR for me either!

Now I’ve found a comfortable area, with at least 10 projectors on the highest-zoom world map screen in an area where I see maybe one or two other people occasionally. No gripes, no complaints, and plenty of coffers. A couple hours netted me 150+ coffers at about 2:1 kills:coffers.

I suggest the rest of you find a comfortable area to explore also. Leave the low areas for lower level characters.

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

The lower levels were being farmed so much I decided to go finish a map that I had started and managed to finish the achievement as well in completing that map and into the next one. (actually the higher level areas were lot less populated so it was comfortable making your way around to the next projector) 300 was not impossible at all. Now helping hubby complete a couple of maps and he is well along the way to getting his achievement. We went at our own pace and enjoyed what we were doing getting map completions and the achievements. It is all in how you want to play just like reading a book – do you read and savor as you go, speed read, hop through chapters or just go read the ending? You receive satisfaction from what you put into the effort. If you make it not fun, ANet did not do that, you did. There are so many ways to work on this achievement from standing at one spot until you do, traveling set farming routes, going about your normal business in-world, etc. Find the way that suits your play style and gives you an element of fun and satisfaction doing it. Hubby and I are enjoying this immensely, thanks ANet for such a fun, interesting game.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: IM Zero.2143

IM Zero.2143

I don’t think this method of farming would be too bad if people stayed out of lower levels to give new players a chance. My level 80 necromancer was melting holograms in the harathi hinterlands like butter. Quit once I got the achievement. Made 6 gold from selling dragon coffers. And that was after the price had already dropped to about 4s each. I can see someone greedier than me going and going and going.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I don’t think this method of farming would be too bad if people stayed out of lower levels to give new players a chance.

I finished my 300 holo kills today by simply doing what I was doing before thursday. Mapping and gathering and doing events. I simply detoured when I saw a holo projector in the area (just like I’d detour if I see an event or node), but I didn’t go really out of my way to find them. And we’re still in the first week of the entire event.

And I did them in Snowden, Plains of Ashford and Bloodtide… (as those were the areas where I was mapping…)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: God Of Fissures.8627

God Of Fissures.8627

There is no reason for him to wait for people who are slow. He got there first so he has every right to kill the mobs. If people want an equal share of the spoils, they have to haul kitten and get there.

i7-3770K (Delidded) @ 4.6GHz | nVidia GTX TITAN X@ 1468/7800
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz @ 2400MHz
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD | Windows 10 x64

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Hexgame.4802

Hexgame.4802

Honestly, I get more coffers from farming regular monsters than farming Holo projectors. Not to mention I don’t have to waste WP costs and I get much more loot.

Those of you who think farming projectors is the best way to get coffers is mistaken and I know many other people who would agree with me. Once you’re done with the 300 holo kills, there really is no need to keep farming them.

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

I love how this thread is titled “How to farm dragon coffers” and then there’s a video that shows you how to get 6 coffers in about 5 minutes, while paying a little fortune for teleportation.
You know what’s more time effective if you want to waste money and need the coffers? Buy them off the trading post.

This is false.

I’ve made and continue to make profit by warping as fast as I can. Make about a gold an hour selling minis/food/candies. All the while searching for my golden ticket. I open around 100-200 chest an hour.