It's the little details that matter

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Aethgar.1784

Aethgar.1784

Because we do tend to bash ANet sometimes like a pinata, I want to take a moment to pause and appreciate what they’ve done this patch.

Guys, what a BEAUTIFUL event! Look at the drain covers in Lion’s Arch: each painted (by the Council we assume) to resemble a dragon’s face, the steam rising from the holes.

Look at the ramp leading to the plaze – the dragon elegantly painted along it. The holograph itself high above!

As with every event, this one is a visual feast for the eyes. Sure there’s stuff to tweak, but we have a month for it to be tweaked. The visuals are stunning, the theme is intriguing and wonderfully ominous (nothing like the hubris of celebrating dragon slaying to wake another dragon, eh?).. and the rewards, RNG or not, grind or not, are actually really cool and well worth wanting.

Thanks guys. If you’re reading, I think I probably stand for a lot of players who aren’t in the vocal group complaining, and just appreciate the hell out of this game.

Tarnished Coast| House Corvidae
Lord Ahrwit Valdyr/Isambard FitzValdyr/many more…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Laken.9018

Laken.9018

Aaah heres the positivity thread.
So fare this seems a lot better then Southsun minus a few niggles.
The drop rate on the boxes is generous enough to feel like don’t need to farm them and may get lucky and get a ticket in the future
Dragon Ball is fun and its defiently fast navigating around the arena once you figure out how to use the pads properly. Not sure if orbs have set powers though.
Emitters and Pinatas are nice to just whack as and when I see them. So overall got to say a lot better .
Now just make sure the PVP achievements don’t bug out this time like the Southsun Crab Toss did. Still annoyed couldn’t complete that by the time it left

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

There is plenty to justifiably complain about, and I hope anet are relalistic enought to realise it and sort it out.
I complain because I realise what putting buggy content like this out can do to the rep fo a game. and there is lots of competition out there and even more comming out soon.

But you are right. The artwork is brilliant, one thing Anet consistently gets right is eye candy and they really went to town on this one. They artists and zone developers are top notch and did really well onthis event (can we keep the mystic forge please, the normal one is such a let down after this one).

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

Also, may I point out that I LOVE the bursting animation for the pinatas? Little origami dragons, so cute! There are definitely very talented artists working with arenanet =3

in Dragon Bash

Aethgar.1784

I just saw the streaming silvery ‘flames’ emerging from the dragon ‘heads’ strung up in Lion’s Arch this morning. And yeah, I LOVE the Mystic Forge makeover. Having the ‘tail’ emerging across the canal just adds such visual interest!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

I agree. All of the holiday events have been spectacularly designed visually, and the attention to detail is staggering. ANet’s art team is second to none, IMO.

With the notable exception of the bugs, the activities are also a lot of fun. If ANet could do something to prevent the bugs before release, it’d go a long way in reducing people’s whining.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: LastShot.4762

LastShot.4762

Well, you have to understand that it’s human nature to strike for the most efficient way to do things, and the core gameplay content being RNG means you rely more on luck than being smart, which can irritate people sometimes.

With that said, I do enjoy the view on LA and I bet that’s what Anet spend most their time on this event, but I highly doubt most the community will enjoy sightseeing more than obtaining achievements/skins.

So far my only complain will be those hologram camping, hopefully Anet can create an instance in later release just so we can farm those there instead of compete in open world(like realm of mad king in Halloween event).

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Well done indeed. The mystic forge would be my personal favourite.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Also, may I point out that I LOVE the bursting animation for the pinatas? Little origami dragons, so cute! There are definitely very talented artists working with arenanet =3

They sure have that…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: tovadaun.6304

tovadaun.6304

I’d like to add my voice in as well here.
When it was time to patch I had logged out in Trader’s Forum. Right near the Mystic Forge. Upon patching and logging in…
It was a wonder to behold.
The Forge actually gave me a jump. The holo of the Shatterer that not just floats above the city, but flies about randomly. The bridge was one of the second things I noticed, with it’s tail curling along it’s path.
It took me a while to realize the pinatas were, well, pinatas! I thought they too were just part of the festivities, but I was still reading the patch-notes as I was wandering wide-eyed around town.
And then the Smooking Began.
Little Tiny Holographic Dragon Confetti bursting from the pinatas!
It sounds silly, coming from a grown woman, but I was racing around town to find more- not to farm and achievement, not to collect Zhaitaffies for an achievement or a skin- Merely for the pleasure of releasing tons of little baby holo dragons to the sky….
All the while w a huge grin on my face that would be akin to a kid in a candy store.

Thank you-
To each and every dev who lost sleep, dinners w their spouses/gf/bf/SO’s, families, friends, relatives, dogs, cats…. The ones you care about.
Thank you for all the movies you missed in the theaters while you were programming and not out gallivanting town. For the family functions you promised to be at, and ultimately were working instead. For the life that passed you by…
So we could have this beautiful event to spend our month in.

Psh. And we get the free mini pets.
Besides a paycheck, that most of us players get too, what did the devs get, besides bashed to hell for the entitled pricks who think everything is about them?

Thank you again. I love it.

Kitta the Conjurer, Guardian- At Your Service- Yak’s Bend
Stuff! Stuffy stuff stuff stuff!!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

By the way, if anyone has time, you should check out Hatchery and Cragstead, just to talk to the NPCs who appreciate the things you’ve done for them.

Super minor. But great reminder of what we did.

in Dragon Bash

Aethgar.1784

Tovadaun, YES. Exactly. I’m an amateur artist to relax, and I know how much work it can be to make one of my crappy little drawings. So stepping into this gorgeous world with amazing neat little fine details and lovely touches? I know there are complainers. But ANet, you have a lot of people gobsmacked by how consistently beautiful what you give us is.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

It really is beautiful! And very fun—I even like Dragon Ball, and I usually avoid pvp stuff.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

I have to agree. There is a lot of gorgeous design with this event. LA never looked better. And I love the way the fireworks explode in the sky. Lovely.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

Did someone else notice that the Character selection music kind of sounds like “In the Navy”? Just the style of the Remix. Makes me giggle every time XD

in Dragon Bash

Aethgar.1784

I’m also completely thrilled that as part of this experience, we might get to face skyship pirates. It’s like visual feast, fun achievements, neat rewards, and a great maybe-event to anticipate!