Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

What happened? And I was so close on getting my moa mini >.<

Attachments:

Moa races temporarily disabled?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: AngelsShadow.7360

AngelsShadow.7360

Yeah, there was an exploit that allowed moas to be stunned, meaning you could effectively farm gold from it – pretty ridiculous that anyone would want to break the content like this, but there we are..

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: SallyStitches.4096

SallyStitches.4096

Because people were already exploiting it, apparently. Just like they were exploiting the Dragon Ball arena. Pathetic, really….

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I am quite close myself.

But I think people found some kind of abuse for the birds. Ie. using certain spells were affecting them.

So I guess they are working on a fix. Hopefully its soon.

Dragonball seems to be disabled too.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

ffs, i was at 96 tickets.

Will you help me move?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Force.2841

Force.2841

Man someone always has to ruin it, I found it fishy that one guy kept winning. Then someone said that guy was stunning the moas to rig it, I have proof if it will ban these people, but not sure if posting it here is the appropriate way. 10G lost before I realized he was cheating as well, kitten .

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

Way to go exploiters. Ruining a good thing for everyone.
Just can’t have it your way, so you cheat? You must get far in life.

Hope Anet takes care of this fix fast.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kilgorn.1463

Kilgorn.1463

Time for that famous ban hammer to swing again in my opinion. Gladly I only lost 2G before I realized some ele was cheating. But still, not like money is too easy to come by in this game.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RoterFuchs.9216

RoterFuchs.9216

Just asking, I won my first moa race but didn’t get any achievement contribution. Am I the only one? :<

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Just asking, I won my first moa race but didn’t get any achievement contribution. Am I the only one? :<

If you bet on the Mystery moa that one doesn’t seem to give credit for whatever reason.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

Moa Racing, Dragonball and Holo-projectors all launched today completely grief prone in an anti-griefing game. I’m glad they are going to fix the exploits for the first two, any chance of making the holo-projectors more like the Wintersday Boxes, rather than being node-stealing, community griefing content? (Someone already has a video guide on how to farm holo-projectors while making sure no one else has a shot at the node).

Anet, you continue to disappoint. What is going on over there?!?!!?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

How could they stun Moas? Aren’t they with green names(allied)? And not affected by skills that only affect enemies? That’s strange to have bugs like this appear… I still remember back then when Guardian in some Orr map could manipulate an allied(green name) npc at some skill point to debub it cause that skill affected him(which should not have happened I think they fixed that skill later).

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

How about this? I got an achievement point ( for taking first prize in a Moa Race) but didn’t get any tokens. How fun is that? This needs to be fixed. I have attached the screencap with the achievement at 1/3. But no tokens ( Anet can check that in my received mails). So how about some restitution for these bugs?

Also – if people were cheating i suppose there should be a rollback on the gold lost on the Moa track. I seriously don’t understand why these things aren’t checked before they’re released.

It would be INCREDIBLY easy to check for exploits such as these. Just get 100 randomly selected players and promise 100 gold to the first player who can break ( exploit) your content. Then fix it before you release it. Is that so hard?

Attachments:

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Moa Races have been temporarily disabled until the issues have been resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience, folks.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

really? you can stun the Moas….ahahahahahaha, is any of the content released with this patch not a bugfest or exploitable?

Anet, hire some QA people please.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: bettadenu.5483

bettadenu.5483

really? you can stun the Moas….ahahahahahaha, is any of the content released with this patch not a bugfest or exploitable?

I doubt that you could do it any better.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

None of their content is ever tested.
They spend all their time trying to tweak RNG, without testing sh_t. I guess I wasted some in game currency on a rigged fight. That one kitten moa was on steroids or something.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Swing the iron banhammer!

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ShAdY.7586

ShAdY.7586

How could they stun Moas? Aren’t they with green names(allied)? And not affected by skills that only affect enemies? That’s strange to have bugs like this appear… I still remember back then when Guardian in some Orr map could manipulate an allied(green name) npc at some skill point to debub it cause that skill affected him(which should not have happened I think they fixed that skill later).

Lightning Hammer could stun everyone in the area including moas. People were testing everything, like giving speed buff and stunning other moas, because some fansites mentioned it wasnt purely luck. Obviously this was a bug, because stunned moas werent only stunned, but they also moved back to the start of the track after they got stunned.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Here’s the deal – You don’t need that much to make sure your content works. Just give it one or two days of playing it before you launch. Get some players to do it if you have to but this untested content launch deal has to stop.
4 gold is not a lot – but the idea that I lost it because someone was cheating AND A-net just let that happen is the real problem.
I’ve payed for the game. I’ve bought probably around 10-15k gems since this game has started. Maybe more. I feel that as a consumer A-net should take more care with the content they deliver and with the overall experience it offers.
If I don’t like new content – that’s fine ( my problem) . But if new content gives other players a way to scam me without me having any clue. Then that’s a problem.

And no – banning them won’t actually fix anything. They did what they did because they wanted gold. All players want gold. The problem is that they had the chance to do it. That has to be fixed. Content has to be more carefully looked at before it is released to the players.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Dragon Bash

Cameirus.8407

If I had their resources< I damm well could. I would be embarrassed to let content out like this. Its always buggy, its always full of exploits that players find within minutes. A decent testing team and QA process should pick this stuff up. Of course not everything would be caught, mistakes happen, but not onthis scale, practially everything has been either buggy or exploitable, or just plain does not work in the live game.

you know what players did first thing at Moa races? went straight in and tried speed buffs and stuns. Because we know it works on other npcs, people tried it on Moas….and stuns worked.
If Anet had QA that should have been picked up, if they had a test server it woudl have been picked up. But no it goes straight onto live and look what happened. And same with DB and food buffs.

I love this game, but the quality of the releases lately is quite frankly not up to scratch.

(edited by Cameirus.8407)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Hellgrod.6719

Hellgrod.6719

its kittenen pethetic… dragon bash is full of expliots… i can understand ANET tried to make it possible to have this run as fast as possible but its the Arena and the moa race being explioted!.. People have no respect these days to just do what they need to do but rather to completly kitten it up for people. Thats honestly sad

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

Man someone always has to ruin it, I found it fishy that one guy kept winning. Then someone said that guy was stunning the moas to rig it, I have proof if it will ban these people, but not sure if posting it here is the appropriate way. 10G lost before I realized he was cheating as well, kitten .

Report it. Via the support site.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: tweeve.3782

tweeve.3782

If you bet on the Mystery moa that one doesn’t seem to give credit for whatever reason.

Well that sucks, the one win I did get was with the mystery Moa

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

How about this? I got an achievement point ( for taking first prize in a Moa Race) but didn’t get any tokens. How fun is that? This needs to be fixed. I have attached the screencap with the achievement at 1/3. But no tokens ( Anet can check that in my received mails). So how about some restitution for these bugs?

Also – if people were cheating i suppose there should be a rollback on the gold lost on the Moa track. I seriously don’t understand why these things aren’t checked before they’re released.

It would be INCREDIBLY easy to check for exploits such as these. Just get 100 randomly selected players and promise 100 gold to the first player who can break ( exploit) your content. Then fix it before you release it. Is that so hard?

Are you sure it’s not the email glitch keeping the tickets from you?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

Agreed. A public test server would help a lot.

The current testers are quite inefficient in finding bugs and exploits.

You would at least expect they checked if it was possible for someone to affect the moas in any ways.

(edited by Blanche Neige.7241)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RedFang.4537

RedFang.4537

it wont let me do moa raceing for some reason and i really was looking forward to it pls fix this

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

I have been doing Moa racing since the patch and almost had enough for my mini. I was very happy even though it cost me alot of gold in wagers.
I gambled on my own accord thinking that it was a way to maybe make some money and have fun.
Right now I am angry. Angry because I cannot play the event that I like. Angry because in all likelihood I have been losing money because of an obvious and easily tested exploit.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Actually he could, and me and you and about 10000 other players, if ANet would start using a proper testserver.
Like pretty much every other MMO out there.

But they seem so fond of falling flat on their face after pretty much every new content launch, oh well.

Polish > hype

in Dragon Bash

Cameirus.8407

Actually he could, and me and you and about 10000 other players, if ANet would start using a proper testserver.
Like pretty much every other MMO out there.

But they seem so fond of falling flat on their face after pretty much every new content launch, oh well.

it is sad that i’m not even supprised anymore. Its so standard for content to be a total bugfest that I’m not even mildly shocked. Disappointed that they dont learn, but not shocked.
Anets rep is rapidly becomming one of untested, buggy, exploitable content with no quality control.
Which is a shame as they started so well.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

My moa (motti) had stunned in the last corner by an asuran player…
(STOPPED in last corner after he led the whole race)

Refound please? -.-’

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sharpoon.8197

Sharpoon.8197

Better dust off the ol’ banhammer!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Report the players who are exploiting the system so ANet can bring the banhammer down on them.

(And it’s not like they can claim they didn’t know what they were doing either. They were deliberately hindering the other moas from winning so their entry could win!)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

This. And I’m pretty sure you don’t need to offer even close to 100 gold.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

Ahhhhh, Ok, now I understand my “lack of luck” much better. I am also an Ele and ran with the Moas, but just for watching my Motti running. I saw others spamming skills and thought they were too stupid to realize it doesn’t work… It somehow escaped my notice that I was the only one not trying to cheat. Maybe I’m old-fashioned…

I hope they’ll fix it soon. The Moa race is a very nice gold sink and works much better, if it can’t be exploited

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

There are plenty of people that can do it better. Within very short periods of time almost all the content in every patch is broken by someone. ArenaNet shouldn’t ban the people using food in Dragonball or stunning moas, they should hire them.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

It would be INCREDIBLY easy to check for exploits such as these.* Just get 100 randomly selected players and promise 100 gold to the first player who can break ( exploit) your content. *Then fix it before you release it. Is that so hard?

Just so you know, to do that you need testing server, which they don’t got and probably never get. So yeah, it’s not that easy for them to do that. And selecting random people to do that… I would rather bet on these moa’s to do a good job, because so many people have seriously no idea what’s going on with the game or how the game works.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

There are plenty of people that can do it better. Within very short periods of time almost all the content in every patch is broken by someone. ArenaNet shouldn’t ban the people using food in Dragonball or stunning moas, they should hire them.

You mean those who found out the “secret/exploit” first, because the vast majority finds out about the exploits afterwards and then use it themselves, those people wouldn’t do any good.