Moa racing achiv

Moa racing achiv

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Phent.9350

Phent.9350

Can someone explain me why the hell we must gamble to get achivement? It is ridiculous. IMHO the core of idea that we get achivement points for being lucky is wrong. I don’t have problem with moa racing(if someone want to waste money, its not my buisness) i have problem with principles, forcing ppl to gamble is utterly wrong.

[None] mesmer/ele/engi/thief/necro

Moa racing achiv

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Daemon.1642

Daemon.1642

Well, you’re not “forced” to participate, but I get the idea. You’re essentially spending money for an achievement.

Asura Elementalist – Devona’s Rest

Moa racing achiv

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Torasan.6029

Torasan.6029

kitten straight op

Moa racing achiv

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Pig.5827

Pig.5827

I think the Moa racing was just in bad taste to begin with. There is very little interaction with the player while doing it. You pick a moa and wait until it crosses the line.
There are people that run with the moa (I know I did when i first started betting). Why not incorporate some sort of user interaction to make it more fun, such as oil spills, movable speed buffs the moas can run over and trip wire explosives that knock the moas down. (If you’ve ever seen Wacky Races from back in the day, everything the bad guy did to try to win).

If Moa Racing was put in for a gold sink then maybe the problem isn’t with the amount of gold in circulation, but lack of content available for gold.

Moa racing achiv

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Yeah I got 3 wins in less than an hour and with only a loss of like 50s, but man was it BORING and not fun in any way.

Only reason I even did it is because you won’t get me to play 20 games of dragon ball with a gun to my head, never mind actually WINNING 20 games of dragon ball…I’m not some kind of completionist but I’d like to get the wings…

Moa racing achiv

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Skybolt.6514

Skybolt.6514

Great way to appeal to new players, throw an event they cannot afford.

Moa racing achiv

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

You’re not forced to race or play dragonball to get the wings. Wait until the story achievements come out to finish your 10. Moa racing if for players who have lots of money and want to spend 30g on the minipet.

Moa racing achiv

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

Unless you’re a completionist, you don’t need the achievement at all. And unless you have extremely terrible luck or draws at RNG / whatever you want to call it, it won’t take long to get it done.

I was there for less than an hour, and made back most of what I spent. I think I lost maybe 30-40s total.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Moa racing achiv

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

Exactly, they gave you alternatives to get the wings. Going out of your way to complete every achievement is not ANet’s problem.

I had money to blow so I used about 12g to get the 3 wins, but once I traded in my tokens, I only lost about 2g.

Moa racing achiv

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Plum Butter.4058

Plum Butter.4058

The biggest problem here is the fact that achievements are based on pure luck. Why should some players who want to not be able to compete with others (achievement leaderboards) simply because Arena Net basically tells them no. Yes, I understand that achievements aren’t “necessary” but neither are your pvp experiences.

Imagine you couldn’t use an amulet in spvp because the dice you rolled dictated – by the game – that you couldn’t.

Moa racing achiv

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: BigT.9386

BigT.9386

So, I am a bit of a completionist so I was a little put off by the fact that I needed to buy an achievement for an event that won’t be around forever. Coupled with the fact that I wasn’t even guaranteed to get the achievement after spending so much gold…yeah I was a little put off. But the way I see it, the game uses chance and logic to determine the winner. It’s not like horse racing, no moa has a better chance to win than the others. Just by constantly betting on the same bird I was able to get my achievement without actually loosing maybe 1g in the process. Since bets are 50s each…not bad.

Moa racing achiv

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Andy Rymz.7518

Andy Rymz.7518

It’s a real shame GW2 is now actively trying to get more and more people to buy gems with real money to complete events and buy stuff from the TP. I was hopeful the Moa Racing might resemble the Beetle racing in GW1 which was great fun, but nope, another ‘game’ to get you spending.

Shame really, GW2 could have been great, but it’s turning out to be very cynically run.

Moa racing achiv

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Michaeas Magister.1589

Michaeas Magister.1589

Actually, I just wish to request that the next time they feel the need to program an achievement like this, that they just give me the option of paying three gold straight-up to get it rather than my also having to waste game time as well.

Thanks.

It’s as I have always said,
“You can get more results with a kind word and a big stick,
than you can with merely a kind word.”