Moa racing - no more gold reward, why?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

At the beginning of Dragon Bash event there was gold reward for 1-3 places now there isn’t, why?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

The gold reward was in exchange for the tokens or whatever you get in the mail when you win. You’ve been trading them in at the vendor right?

I technically haven’t checked the Moa since they first released it, so perhaps I’m just speaking nonsense.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

The gold reward was in exchange for the tokens or whatever you get in the mail when you win. You’ve been trading them in at the vendor right?

I technically haven’t checked the Moa since they first released it, so perhaps I’m just speaking nonsense.

Yeah but in the first days you could’ve win additional money besides tokens for 1st place 1,20g, for 2nd 60s for 3rd 40s or something like that.
I sold my mini chicken for 37g because I thought prices will go down but prices went up because ANet changed rules. It’s f** unfair
This race was expensive anyway now it’s unprofitable even much.

(edited by Psychol.5783)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

You’re remembering incorrectly, Psychol. The Moa Races never awarded additional money. You got tokens for coming in 1st, 2nd or 3rd, and you traded those tokens for the coin reward (1.2g, 60s and 40s, as you stated). Moa Racing was never intended to be a source of profit for players; it is, in fact, a cleverly disguised gold sink, since over the long term you WILL lose more money on it than you gain, unless you’re smart and quit while you’re ahead.

The rule of thumb when selling an item is to only sell when you are happy with the price you could get for an item, and then do not regret your decision. If you constantly look back and agonise over “if only’s”, you will be a very unhappy guy/girl for the rest of your life.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Also 37g is technically a loss on your end. Standard RNG states that 37.5g is the average amount of money it takes to get the Minipet. Tack on the TP fees and you’ve just lost.