More support for people who lost money.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

I understand the gamble. I dropped $55 on rich coffers today and didn’t get a ticket. Now I’m not quite angry as I understand the risk.

Although I feel slightly cheated in a sense. It’s a simple weapon skin and out of an amount of cash that could easily support an expansion’s worth of content… you’d think the odds were a bit better.

Perhaps it could be possible to give users an improved chance at rare items from the normal coffers as a result of not getting anything from an (x)amount of rich coffers? Does that not sound fair?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

If you really want a drop improvement, STOP BUYING RNG CHESTS!!! When it becomes more profitable for anet to put the skins in the gem store instead of in those stupid !@#$%^&* chests, you will get what you want!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Alacrity.4312

Alacrity.4312

RNG is really more for those with more Gems than they know what to do with.

It’s like playing the lottery, that is, whatever you spend on it, expect to lose (and let’s not kid ourselves, for most it’s only the tickets that count. The candy is just a consolation prize).

Please keep in mind that for each person who spends like you, equals five who might have purchased the skins if they were available directly through the Gemstore.
That’s why we have to endure more of this RNG.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

Actually I got 4 tickets out of 100 chests… That’s RNG.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

When I first heard about the buyable rich version, I expected them to finally offer a reasonable way to buy them. For example, if the normal drops are supposed to be rare, I’d expect a 1 in 100 chance, with the buyable more like 1 in 10. Keep it random sure, but don’t make each skin cost the price of the game.

Once you start paying more than $10 for a skin, something’s wrong. What makes it even worse is that if you want something like double dagger skins, the price to do so is much higher than just a single greatsword. The skin should be an unlock for your account, not just a single use.

At the very least, they should straight up tell you the odds of getting each item.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: DrWhom.3105

DrWhom.3105

If you understood the gamble, why did you spend almost as much as the game cost for precisely nothing? Surely you understood that $55 would not guarantee you ticket, that even twice that would not guarantee you one?

Yet you still spent the money and are now here complaining about it… Thanks for encouraging Anet to continue this practice!

MAG

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Funny. Before games made money by having rich content. Nowdays it’s all about profiting through artificial scarcity. Dis………………wait for it……………………………..GUSTING.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: sternenstaub.8763

sternenstaub.8763

If you really want a drop improvement, STOP BUYING RNG CHESTS!!! When it becomes more profitable for anet to put the skins in the gem store instead of in those stupid !@#$%^&* chests, you will get what you want!

This. Period.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Blitzburger.1576

Blitzburger.1576

Sure, I knew the risks with RNG, so I’m not upset, but I think there was a reasonable expectation that the rich coffers would give a good chance at getting tickets, given the 2 tier coffer setup, or else why bother doing it?

I’m fully on-board with the boycott of chests going forward. NCSoft/Anet could have milked me on these things for years if they weren ’t so absolutely greedy about it in the early going.

I’m not even bothering with the regular coffers anymore, I just sell them on the TP for a decent profit to recover some of my losses.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Sure, I knew the risks with RNG, so I’m not upset, but I think there was a reasonable expectation that the rich coffers would give a good chance at getting tickets, given the 2 tier coffer setup, or else why bother doing it?

I’m fully on-board with the boycott of chests going forward. NCSoft/Anet could have milked me on these things for years if they weren ’t so absolutely greedy about it in the early going.

I’m not even bothering with the regular coffers anymore, I just sell them on the TP for a decent profit to recover some of my losses.

The boycott of rng chests has been going on since Wintersday. It’s not working because for every person that is boycotting it, there’s at least one other person spending hundreds of dollars buying mass amounts of chests.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

Never bought one chest. Never will. I simply don’t understand how people are so easily fooled out of their money. Oh well, its not my money they’re throwing away.

Also this. Keep buying chests and this game will go the way of Maple Story.

Stuff goes here.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

Yea i bought 25 and really wish i could take it bak to trade the gems i bought for gold. Got no ticket or anything interesting at all. If i woulda traded for gems i wouldve had like 60g >.<

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

They are destroying the game with so much RNG….it’s terrible, and they NEVER seem to learn do they? I feel like the ANet staff avoid the RNG topics on forums like a plague. So disappointing.

At least there is EQNext to look forward to and PS4!

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Erasmus.1624

Erasmus.1624

But RNG within RNG within RNG is FUN. Seriously though, I don’t see ArenaNet/NCSoft stopping their RNG shenanigans anytime soon, sadly enough.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

I am currently researching whether this sort of practice violates consumer protection/business law.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

I am currently researching whether this sort of practice violates consumer protection/business law.

For NA, it will vary by state/province I’m sure.

Stuff goes here.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

+1

The only way we as a community can resolve the gambling system is to stop participating in it. I’m all for supporting the game and company through the gemstore — but when I spend money I expect to get exactly what I pay for, and I’m not willing to spend so much money on a minuscule chance for a weapon skin.

My biggest fear is that this might be such a success that we never see new skins that are obtainable by just playing the game. To much time is spent making gemstore RNG goodies and not enough on skins that can be gotten by playing the game. After all, I’m spending money in the gem store thinking that it’s funding future content, not even more gemstore RNG.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

This is the reason why arena net doesn’t put the skins in the cash shop for a fixed price. Why charge $5 worth of gems when they can get $55 from someone like yourself?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

You guys hijacked my thread with your hatred. Not cool. Go away please. =/

I’m not asking for ArenaNet to stop the RNG. I’m simply looking for ways to improve how people are rewarded for indulging in this system. Clearly the RNG alone is in need of some major tweaks, enough so that it may prove to be a detriment to the current profits (which obviously the companies don’t want).

There has to be a better compromise. Offering two tiers of boxes is the right direction, but it’s still not fair to people who are spending money.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The real problem is that you don’t know the odds. It could be 1 in a hundred, or 1 in a million, or 1 in a billion — you don’t know. So playing this is, in a way, worse than playing the lottery where you know the odds and can thus make an informed decision as to whether it’s worth playing.

Don’t gamble when you don’t know the odds!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

RNG is really more for those with more Gems than they know what to do with.

It’s like playing the lottery, that is, whatever you spend on it, expect to lose (and let’s not kid ourselves, for most it’s only the tickets that count. The candy is just a consolation prize).

Please keep in mind that for each person who spends like you, equals five who might have purchased the skins if they were available directly through the Gemstore.
That’s why we have to endure more of this RNG.

The whole game is RNG. Precursors, fractal skins, daily ascended chances, WvW matches, tier 6 mats etc. RNG is the laziest way to enforce the highest amount of grind to obtain items and get players to repeat content beyond the point where they enjoy it and would otherwise voluntarily do so.

If you make a big grind up front, a lot of people will opt out deciding they are not interested. If you make a fair and reasonable set of methods to obtain something, players will do that, be happy and then be done playing (or go play where they want to play) – ArenaNet doesn’t want you walking away from the game. The RNG has the feeling of “just around the corner, I could get lucky” so people open them hoping for success. The vast majority are disappointed and a select few get what they wanted (some don’t even want it and just enjoy it anyway).

The RNG doesn’t end with gems, it penetrates the entire game. The developers either aren’t good enough or just don’t have time to design, implement and balance proper reward systems. They can’t create enough content that is appropriate to earning rewards so they design dailies and rely heavily on grind and RNG to pad everything. They are using RNG as a crutch, and it’s not just for gems. Unfortunately the RNG has taken complete control of the content patch weapon skins. You can’t obtain them without the gamble boxes. They take a resource that should be shared fairly with all the players (similair to the SAB weapon skins) and lock it behind gamble boxes. In the end, it’s a loss for the game. Instead of interesting content specific rewards earned from playing the game, completing quests, beating bosses and mobs, clearing dungeons etc we are grinding gold or WP to obtain as many gamble chests as we possibly can.

They keep stripping the rewards from the content and push them into RNG systems to encourage gold grind and gem purchases. The end result is a hollow rewards system for players who earn things and content that is played but a lot more gems sales. The gamble nonsense wouldn’t be so bad if it was limited in it’s reach, but so far it has had exclusive rights to almost every weapon set added to the game in the monthly patches, which makes the rest of the content feel limited or barren of desirable rewards. They are hurting the overall game by doing this.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: cygnus.8913

cygnus.8913

When I first heard about the buyable rich version, I expected them to finally offer a reasonable way to buy them. For example, if the normal drops are supposed to be rare, I’d expect a 1 in 100 chance, with the buyable more like 1 in 10. Keep it random sure, but don’t make each skin cost the price of the game.

Once you start paying more than $10 for a skin, something’s wrong. What makes it even worse is that if you want something like double dagger skins, the price to do so is much higher than just a single greatsword. The skin should be an unlock for your account, not just a single use.

At the very least, they should straight up tell you the odds of getting each item.

I agree with this. My Engineer uses dual pistols – however, I traded my ticket (looted out in the world) for a rifle skin, as I didn’t fancy my chances of looting two tickets.

RNG boxes are a bit of a lottery, so I suppose they should inform players of the odds as regular lotteries do, but boxes have never been great in this game in my opinion. Black Lion chests used to give more than they do now, as I recall. I might buy a box later with 100 gems just for the sake of it, but the best way to approach a purchase is that you’re supporting the game and not much more. It would be nice if spending that much money on the boxes nearly guarantees you a ticket, because it’s not a small amount to most people, and the skin isn’t something you can earn. You can buy another game for $40, so I don’t see the harm in one box bought with that much cash dropping a ticket.

On the upside, I’m seeing a lot more people out in the world farming for the coffers, and I’m having fun running around trying my luck in PvE. The chests that can be bought, though, are equivalent to throwing your money away.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: PokerTuna.6170

PokerTuna.6170

People who lost money shouldn’t get support but help.

Next time invest those 55 in a statistics course.

I do agree that skins should be unlocked account wide but being mad for not getting one is wrong. No1 ever said that if you buy coffers for real money you are guaranteed to get a ticket. You get a better chance. Still – it’s only a chance. Don’t cry, move along, next time don’t buy it.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Liwi.7896

Liwi.7896

I think reasonable drop rate should be around 10%~15% per chest, at least rich ones. So that casuals get one or two skins of their choice while the dedicated could complete the weapon set if they choose to do so.

Current business model looks like they are praying on minority players (less than 5% maybe) who are willing to gamble kitten load of real money on these holiday skins.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: deathsapp.9150

deathsapp.9150

Explains all of this gamble!!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Bars T Death.6451

Bars T Death.6451

I understand the gamble. I dropped $55 on rich coffers today and didn’t get a ticket. Now I’m not quite angry as I understand the risk.

Although I feel slightly cheated in a sense. It’s a simple weapon skin and out of an amount of cash that could easily support an expansion’s worth of content… you’d think the odds were a bit better.

Perhaps it could be possible to give users an improved chance at rare items from the normal coffers as a result of not getting anything from an (x)amount of rich coffers? Does that not sound fair?

Feel bad i got 1 on second chest i opened looked at the weapons and thought what a waste didn’t like any of the skins.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/dragonbash/Dragon-s-Jade-Claim-Ticket

Jade Quarry
All lvl 80’s

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Streambeta.3694

Streambeta.3694

No, you should not get any support at all. That was just a stupid mistake that you made. If you would just wait 2 weeks you could buy the normal Dragon Coffers and buy 1000 of them for ONLY 10 gold, possibly even less. Then you’d end up getting the stupid ticket.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Quam.7218

Quam.7218

Hi,

I also learned my lesson the hard way so I really understand Your dissapointment, while Molten Alliance story I also bought keys to chest for real money I opened nearly 140 (I really really really wanted only 1-2 token not more) and didn’t get a single weapon skin token.

From this day I’m just not interested in any upcoming living story weapon skins becouse it’s so kitten random it hurts my brain.

And I’ll never spend any single euro on any item that have a “chance” of having something good inside.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

I’m not a fan of the RNG by any means, but it’s a rare skin. It provides no statistical advantage over not having it… it just looks cool. There’s a ton of variety in this game on the ways we’re rewarded… Laurels are a perfect example. The gear that actually makes your character stronger, i.e.- ascended gear, has multiple ways of obtaining it now.

Long story short, you might get one, you might not. Take your time and keep trying! This will probably be an annual event, so don’t freak out and spend $55 dollars on chests. It’s a shame that you could do that and not get a skin, but jesus man… that’s just crazy.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Orun.8453

Orun.8453

I don’t understand how people can justify paying $40+ in chests and not getting a token. I get that it is the person who purchased the chests fault for gambling, but it is still unacceptable to a company to rob someone like that…

Really kittenty way to treat people who are supporting the game :/