One Zhaitaffy for... everything! =D

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Shirogatsu.3150

Shirogatsu.3150

One zhaitaffy for pinata, one zhaitaffy for losing dragon ball, one zhaitaffy for winning + little chance for another zhaitaffy!
Is it a joke?
You need 100k of them for wings :|

(edited by Shirogatsu.3150)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

thought this was a casual game where people could i dunno have a job and still partake in the game’s glory not the left overs LOL

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

thought this was a casual game where people could i dunno have a job and still partake in the game’s glory not the left overs LOL

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ouimette.5902

Ouimette.5902

Yeah it’s kind of a dissapointment. However if you really want the wings just wait a couple of days and buy a large bunch of zhaitaffy from TP.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

Yeah it’s kind of a dissapointment. However if you really want the wings just wait a couple of days and buy a large bunch of zhaitaffy from TP.

yeah with the huge amount of gold ive made with the 1 hour i have to play the game in exams season. np

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

One zhaitaffy for pinata, one zhaitaffy for losing dragon ball, one zhaitaffy for winning + little chance for another zhaitaffy!
Is it a joke?
You need 100k of them for wings :|

its a joke, a very bad one.

Anet said they dont like grind, this event is nothing but. And unless you drop hundreds of gold buying candy, an impossible one.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Is this for sure? I mean if you need 100k… there should be other ways to get them and stuff you can do to get them in 5 or 10 and not only 1(or 3 from winning chest at Dragon Ball I know I got 3 from a chest there).

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I am really not looking forward to getting home and playing this now. When it was announced I was thrilled. It sounded great. Now I find out I need 100,000 of something? And the drop rate of weapon tickets is crap even in the rich coffers? Why offer something beautiful for a limited time and make it a crap-shoot if you can get it?

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Shirogatsu.3150

Shirogatsu.3150

Is this for sure? I mean if you need 100k… there should be other ways to get them and stuff you can do to get them in 5 or 10 and not only 1(or 3 from winning chest at Dragon Ball I know I got 3 from a chest there).

There is a small CHANCE you will get 3 from coffin, it’s not always like that.

Well, people farming holos at explorable – looks much more profitable.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: BaronVonBeef.4063

BaronVonBeef.4063

219411kittenhan.5236:

There is a small CHANCE you will get 3 from coffin, it’s not always like that.

Don’t get your hopes up, you’re looking at around 100 taffy per 30 mins farming holos…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Yeah, was really looking forward to this. Now… I can’t give a rats bottom. Just seeing the number of candy required is enough to turn me off.

I guess the gold you get from selling the candy in 35 boxes is a decent transfer rate from gems to gold, thats the only boon about this.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

1,000 gold for the backpiece. 750 if you make and can get people to accept your offers in 250 piece increments. That’s awesome.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: TastyMuskrat.3794

TastyMuskrat.3794

What?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: spconder.2489

spconder.2489

100k for the backpiece is absolutley insane. Who would be crazy enough to farm that?!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Hedge.8760

Hedge.8760

You need to make about 138.8 taffies each hour for 24 hours for 30 days to afford a pair of those wings.
I’m all for hard work, but seriously, you cannot sleep at all if you want to work hard for those wings. Instead, you’re going to have to play the market (like always, apparently) or just buy the gold from Anet. It’s absolutely insanse, really. I really hope it’s a typo, because that can’t be real.

Once again, only the richest in the game can get the most exclusive skins – not the hard working. And no, I don’t consider 24 hours grind for 30 days non-stop to be hard working. That’s suicide.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

You realize that by next week there will be TONS of Zhaitaffy up on the TP for sale super cheap. I personally dont give a kitten about those wings and will be selling my Zhaitaffy after I eat the 250 for the achievement.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

You know that the wings are alrdy for sale in TP for 50g, right?
And will probably drop even more, cause they drop from normal chests

Hello darkness, my old friend.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Hedge.8760

Hedge.8760

Normal chests? Coffers or actual chests?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

The Coffers

An Error Prevented Saving:
Message Body length must at least be 15.

Hello darkness, my old friend.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Bracketed with an order for 8 at 40g. I’d expect more bracket orders and flipping if it drops any appreciable amount. It’ll probably match the 105 gold price for the jetpack.

Cheaper than buying the taffy, but still out of reach for most people.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I dunno I was doing the holo killing achievement and got a ton of coffers to drop. Granted its probably harder now with more people do it then it was earlier today.

But I managed to get around 500 pieces from that alone. And a little bit of barely touching the pinatas. I’d say its doable but the holo farming was a pita for me. Parties definitely make it easier if people wait before starting them and stuff.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Oh goody… more RNG.

Everyone’s been screaming at Anet to cut down RNG, and what do they do?
Do we all have go to Washington and camp out on their front Lawn before they’ll get the clue? Also why are these things not account bound to begin with…

EDIT: Oh boy….. NVM… just previewed these wings off the TP, and jeez… The constant flapping is one thing (do they REALLY to do that if you’re not even moving??…that’s gonna get really annoying, really fast in L.A.) … but the dorky ‘Grid’ texture is really too much. They’re the right size but I’m a lot less excited about these things than I was originally. If they majorly drop in price, I’ll only be getting them to I can sell them for a higher price 4-6 months from now.

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: mzt.3270

mzt.3270

Far too much farming and grafting, the % chances of getting skins suck also. I don’t want it to be easy but the % chances of getting good things are far too low and the grafting time per % of what you get is not attractive. Some people have jobs, we don’t have time for hours and hours of grafting. What this boils down to is gemstore profits, nothing more – nothing else. Humbug Taffy to Anet

Happiness is finding an Omnomberry in your Grumble Cake

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

kitten . I got excited by this thread title. I thought it was going to say “One Zhaitaffy to rule them all and in the darkness bind them!” or something.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

You let the Koreans own your company—-you are finished. Anet cannot make good gaming design and decisions—- they have no choice—they are controlled and are told what to do —or Bye Bye. Too bad-—play or leave.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

kitten . I got excited by this thread title. I thought it was going to say “One Zhaitaffy to rule them all and in the darkness bind them!” or something.

Haha i thought the same thing sadly it is not. Anyway back on topic i too think that 100,000 is a bit high but also these cosmetic things are not made for everyone to have unfortunately. I feel that a bunch of the things with this event were rushed and not completely looked in to. Like dragon ball not kicking inactive people, we have it in wvw is it that hard to put it in here. The moa races were being rigged at the beginning of the event. Overflow was giving people the dragon helms early. And of course the dreaded RNG of getting rewards etc etc.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sarseth.7689

Sarseth.7689

Y. one zhaitaffy was a kittenin great idea. kittenin 5 minutes playin DB, then 1 zhaitaffy for u, go kick 5 pinatas in 10 seconds = 5 zahaitaffys. That’s it and many more. Anet, be aware of another mass leaving from this game. Not because candies But you’re making so many mistakes. And get rid of ncsoft. kitten agreements. You want customers? You were so kitten great during gw1, now? This game would be the best of all mmos, till ncosft is here, it can’t be. Like with l2, was great, but after some time, they ruined it and they’re keep doin in after that time, l2, aion, gw2, which shouldn’t belong to them! Just wanted to add this here.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lauranda.1342

Lauranda.1342

Each copper that the taffy will cost you on the TP will equal 10g to buy the wings from the vendor. Right now you can get the random drop ones that people are selling for under 20g. SO…to equal or beat that, taffy would need to drop to 2c min. That said, even if it gets to 1c, you would still have to place 400 orders of 250. From what people have said about farming rates, you would have to spend nearly the entire month 24/7 doing the holo projectors in the world to get there manually. It IS rather silly on anet’s part to have it priced so high.

TBH, the only point I see for the taffy is to get the eating 250 achievement, and maybe buy some fireworks if you haven’t launched enough for that achievement, but those things drop a lot from coffers.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

And get rid of ncsoft. kitten agreements. You want customers? You were so kitten great during gw1, now? This game would be the best of all mmos, till ncosft is here, it can’t be.

A quote straight from the GWW (GW2W also say it):
“As of 2002, NCsoft owns ArenaNet, the development studio that makes GuildWars.”
Makes it a little hard to get rid of, ya know?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Spencer.1386

Spencer.1386

I think you are talking about a different game. Mike O’Brien clearly stated that they don’t make grindy games and you are clearly describing a grind.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

It’s only like 3500 zhaitaffy a day, assuming you started on day one. If you didn’t, well it’s a few more. That’s only around 150 an hour, assuming you play 24 hours a day for 28 days straight without a bathroom break even. Perfectly doable. Not seeing any grind here. ^^

As for buying them at the end of the event, many people are buying the cheap 30% magic find food with them or the 40% condition damage food or the plus 200 power and critical damage food on kill as well as wanting to buy candy for the wings. This may keep the prices from dropping too low. If they do drop down to 1 copper then 100k should cost 10 gold. If its 2 copper per, then 20 gold.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lauranda.1342

Lauranda.1342

the wings can be bought outright for < 15g atm. By the time taffy drops to 1c (if it does), the wings will be < 10g probably.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Taffies will not drop to 1c. People would rather buy food with them and sell the food later.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Taffies will not drop to 1c. People would rather buy food with them and sell the food later.

Yeah. Right now the dragonfly cupcake is selling for 60 copper each at a time when it’s free and easy to make. When the event ends, this will likely go up as its a cheap alternative to omnomberry tarts. I certainly haven’t sold any candy. Been converting each one I get to the food.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)