Opening 1000 Dragon Coffers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Eyelusion.8205

Eyelusion.8205

I really wanted a ticket so I overspent:

40 gold for 1,000 regular coffers = no ticket
60 gold exchanged for 2,000 gems for 25 rich coffers = no ticket
80 gold for 2,000 regular coffers = 1 ticket (Finally!) with 50 regular coffers left

Total = 220 gold for 4,000 regular coffers and 25 rich coffers = 4,773 taffy, 21 risen knights, 422 fireworks, 34 potions, 1 ticket

I kinda freaked out on how much gold I spent so I sold all the taffy, a bunch of extra mats, ectos and snowflakes from my bank (still keeping 1 stack of 250 of each). Then I farmed for 5 hours and got around 800 coffers that I sold. In all, I’m still down 35 gold, but I’m really liking my dragon staff!

I have bank space! Lol!

Ele’s Pwn J00!

(edited by Eyelusion.8205)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: LiebnirGWAccount.5698

LiebnirGWAccount.5698

Opened about 1100 coffers, no tickets. My friend opens 200 coffers, got 2 tickets. RNG really hates me T_T. I’ll try another 1000 when the price drops to around 2s each i guess.

RNG is a meanie indeed. Some days it’s kind, some days…It’s eugh…Undescribable.

Tarnished Coast – [LGBT]
Trixxie Virtuoso – Mesmer
http://trixxietheasura.tumblr.com/

in Dragon Bash

LiebnirGWAccount.5698

I really wanted a ticket so I overspent:

60 gold exchanged for 2,000 gems for 25 rich coffers = no ticket
80 gold for 2,000 regular coffers = 1 ticket (Finally!) with 50 regular coffers left

Total = 220 gold for 4,000 regular coffers and 25 rich coffers = 4,773 taffy, 21 risen knights, 422 fireworks, 34 potions, 1 ticket

I kinda freaked out on how much gold I spent so I sold all the taffy, a bunch of extra mats, ectos and snowflakes from my bank (still keeping 1 stack of 250 of each). Then I farmed for 5 hours and got around 800 coffers that I sold. In all, I’m still down 35 gold, but I’m really liking my dragon staff!

I have bank space! Lol!

Gratz! I only have one main so I made lots of characters with 15 slot bags for bank space since I can’t afford gems on my income being a uni student! I got a few bank slots with gold when they were being sold cheap though so that helped. Least you got it in the end, even so, 220g’s. I bought my coffers in a fit of rage after my work corrupted.

Tarnished Coast – [LGBT]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Husband opened 3100 coffers by yesterday and another 500 this morning….nothing.

about 30 minipets and enough taffy to kill Abbadon.

He’s so disgusted with the drop rate that he’s not logging in for a while and downloaded RIFT. So yeah. Rare is one thing, next to impossible is another. Getting a ticket seems to be next to impossible. Disgusting.

in Dragon Bash

LiebnirGWAccount.5698

He’s so disgusted with the drop rate that he’s not logging in for a while and downloaded RIFT. So yeah. Rare is one thing, next to impossible is another. Getting a ticket seems to be next to impossible. Disgusting.

I’m sorry about that, it’s never fun. It’d be much nicer to know there was a surefire way to get them even if the chances didn’t work out. Maybe like objectives which you could work towards to earn tickets. RNG isn’t fun at all, but from whats happening recently, we are getting a bit closer to something a bit better. I mean, how many people wouldn’t have tickets at all if they didn’t drop from everything? The coffers that is. It’s not required that you have gems to get them either which helps this time around, it’s still a bit of a bummer though. I hope your husband feels better soon. ;~;

Tarnished Coast – [LGBT]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

lol 40 coffers for 2 risen knight ba chinnnnnggg though never really wanted them and one of them turned into a freebit mini col. eeeekkks i hope people arent buying thousand of coffers for wings……but then again all the taffy they are putting on to the market will lower the ocst of my ploy to buy them at the end of this event o.0 woooork me minons work * whip crack*

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

800 coffers, 2 tickets, scads of minis.

in Dragon Bash

LiebnirGWAccount.5698

lol 40 coffers for 2 risen knight ba chinnnnnggg though never really wanted them and one of them turned into a freebit mini col. eeeekkks i hope people arent buying thousand of coffers for wings……but then again all the taffy they are putting on to the market will lower the ocst of my ploy to buy them at the end of this event o.0 woooork me minons work * whip crack*

Muahahaha…

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast – [LGBT]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kill Momma.6127

Kill Momma.6127

I finally got my ticket, and purchased a longbow skin, and bought the bow I have been wanting. Several minutes later I salvaged my “old bow” and quickly realized it was my newly skinned long bow…..sigh i have stopped playing for a few days…

HOD [PHZE]
Chemistry can be a good and bad thing. Good when you make love with it. Bad when you make crack.

in Dragon Bash

echo.2053

That frog picture is friggen amazing……my co workers are gonna be kitten ed at the new desktop background though XD

in Dragon Bash

LiebnirGWAccount.5698

I finally got my ticket, and purchased a longbow skin, and bought the bow I have been wanting. Several minutes later I salvaged my “old bow” and quickly realized it was my newly skinned long bow…..sigh i have stopped playing for a few days…

- Shakes – Why did you not checccckkk! D=

Tarnished Coast – [LGBT]

in Dragon Bash

LiebnirGWAccount.5698

That frog picture is friggen amazing……my co workers are gonna be kitten ed at the new desktop background though XD

They’ll be all kinds of jelly. You’ll be king of the spawn!

Tarnished Coast – [LGBT]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: LostMK.4089

LostMK.4089

what the kittening hell is nosh?

in Dragon Bash

LiebnirGWAccount.5698

Nosh is like a way of saying delicious food here in england. ^^

Tarnished Coast – [LGBT]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Opened 1.5k coffers today no ticket unfortunately.

I made a video of me opening 1k coffers cause I was bored

in Dragon Bash

LiebnirGWAccount.5698

Opened 1.5k coffers today no ticket unfortunately.

I made a video of me opening 1k coffers cause I was bored

Coolies.

Tarnished Coast – [LGBT]

in Dragon Bash

echo.2053

Nosh is like a way of saying delicious food here in england. ^^

Lmao being from murica, i enjoy the words from england. There is nothing like calling your boss a knob to his face, and still keep your job :P.

Ps. the following co-workers words can best be described through the use of letters " w… t…f "

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Are you able to get the holo wings from coffers? I haven’t seen anyone mention them at all. Other than getting them as world drops. I opened 1k straight and was gifted with 2 tickets. Many many mini’s and even more candy and rockets. I am ok with all these except the rockets. They are soul bound and not even account bound and are even more useless than candy is. I’d be happy to trade rockets for candy to be honest.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

I’ve bought around a thousand and still nothing. No biggie though, if I get one, I get one. Either way I’m getting some amazing food buffs.

Of course, my wife meanwhile has bought zero (just opening the looted ones) and already has two weapon tickets… Lol. She also looted a set of holo wings.

Go figure. xP

Hoopa doopa.

in Dragon Bash

LiebnirGWAccount.5698

I’ve bought around a thousand and still nothing. No biggie though, if I get one, I get one. Either way I’m getting some amazing food buffs.

Of course, my wife meanwhile has bought zero (just opening the looted ones) and already has two weapon tickets… Lol. She also looted a set of holo wings.

Go figure. xP

Go get her to get ya one!

Tarnished Coast – [LGBT]

in Dragon Bash

LiebnirGWAccount.5698

Are you able to get the holo wings from coffers? I haven’t seen anyone mention them at all. Other than getting them as world drops. I opened 1k straight and was gifted with 2 tickets. Many many mini’s and even more candy and rockets. I am ok with all these except the rockets. They are soul bound and not even account bound and are even more useless than candy is. I’d be happy to trade rockets for candy to be honest.

I’ve not seen anyone get wings via coffers either, i’ve had one pair drop for me from just a regular mob, but not a coffer.

Tarnished Coast – [LGBT]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

got a ticket after the first 65 i farmed. also got a holo wing set. sold the wings and bought coffers with the coin. somewhere around 600 more opened and haven’t gotten anything other than food and tonics.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

yeah. not sure if this whole RNG plan is creating healthy competition. wonder how Anet responds to people leaving because of this insanity.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

yeah. not sure if this whole RNG plan is creating healthy competition. wonder how Anet responds to people leaving because of this insanity.

They probably don’t care because they’ll find some other person to buy the game and spend money.

It’s still sad and I don’t want him to leave because eventhough the Southsun event crapped on my head re: me wanting a scelerite ticket. I’m going to tough it out and keep going. I still want one of those kitten scelerite weapons though >.<

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

240 coffers 1 ticket.. (Stopped opening since then because i just like staff).
May be the 1st time i was lucky with rng ._.

Considering my “legendary” bad luck…..i thougt ticket were easy to get …..

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Traldera.5120

Traldera.5120

I cant help but appreciate the irony that on day 1 within our first 10 coffers, my friend got the mini and i got the ticket, and i got annoyed cos i wanted the pet. I did of course get the pet soon after and now he is the annoyed one

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Bajeer.9735

Bajeer.9735

I got pretty lucky. bought 100 from the BLTP for little over 2 gold and got 1 ticket, and 1 mini (also a bunch of fireworks and candy).

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Reaper.1695

Reaper.1695

Got 1st ticket on 40 or so coffers. I also got a skin from the SAB on the first run through. Now, can I be this lucky on a precursor… Nope.

in Dragon Bash

LiebnirGWAccount.5698

240 coffers 1 ticket.. (Stopped opening since then because i just like staff).
May be the 1st time i was lucky with rng ._.

Considering my “legendary” bad luck…..i thougt ticket were easy to get …..

Legendary? As in a weapon? I finished mine recently, took me 6 months as well, I just went for it casually, I got Minstrel, but I don’t see the fuss about why people think it’s hard to get, it’s really not, even if you take it slowly.

Tarnished Coast – [LGBT]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Srg Shanker.7826

Srg Shanker.7826

man I sucks when you open so many and get nothing

in Dragon Bash

LiebnirGWAccount.5698

man I sucks when you open so many and get nothing

Any luck yet? =o

Tarnished Coast – [LGBT]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Supercharged.8914

Supercharged.8914

Opened 1200 coffers (from normal gameplay + trading post) = 4 tickets.

Invigorate [Dx]

“ANET needs to make defending in WVW more rewarding!”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

You know, i would be sad, but it’s not like there are any good looking skins… Except maybe shield which i don’t use.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

I’ve opened a little over thousand coffers maybe and I’ve gotten 4 tickets.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mileinnor.7125

Mileinnor.7125

A week ago I opened 1000 coffers with no tickets. Now I’ve opened 3300 coffers and I’m still at zero tickets. This has become beyond ridiculous.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

I feel for those opening into the thousands and not getting anything…..can’t even imagine how frustrating that must be. As much as I like the unpredictability of opening boxes…..I had to stop myself buying the orian jewelry boxes…..I do think a way of actually earning the tickets in future would be better.

Not a massively easy way….I don’t consider myself hardcore necessarily, but I wouldn’t want rare skins handed out like candy either.

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

in Dragon Bash

LiebnirGWAccount.5698

I feel for those opening into the thousands and not getting anything…..can’t even imagine how frustrating that must be. As much as I like the unpredictability of opening boxes…..I had to stop myself buying the orian jewelry boxes…..I do think a way of actually earning the tickets in future would be better.

Not a massively easy way….I don’t consider myself hardcore necessarily, but I wouldn’t want rare skins handed out like candy either.

I have to store all my karma or thats where mine goes as well “Oh maybe it’ll be a Char-SHELLS!”

Tarnished Coast – [LGBT]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

You know, i would be sad, but it’s not like there are any good looking skins… Except maybe shield which i don’t use.

I’m with you there. I don’t care for the look but I can see why they would be desirable to many. About 800 coffers from game play, the usual stuff minis, food, more fireworks than I will ever use. I’m certainly not going to spend money trying to get or them or time bashing my head against the monitor over them.

The Burninator

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ENDREBUILD.7053

ENDREBUILD.7053

Gem store RNG is online gambling. Gem store makes money on compulsion. Go to gamblers anonymous if you are hooked on the gem store.