Other way 2get Holographic Dragon Wing?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Jekarce.5673

Jekarce.5673

I finally managed to get the Shattered Dragon Wings and, not knowing how they looked like till I received them, I am dissapointed with it. I thought it would look as cool as the Holographic ones.

Now.. I’d love to get 100.000 of these Zhaitaffy’s but really, I don’t have the time for this. My time of spending every second of my free time to a game is long over. How on earth can I get 100k of these Zhaitaffy’s?

Yes I can buy them from the auction but that means I lose all my gold.. and these coins don’t come easy for someone who doesn’t play as much to be able to grind and grind.

Is there any other way for us casual players?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: MorganOneNine.1025

MorganOneNine.1025

As a random drop from enemies in the world.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Is there any other way for us casual players?

no, either you put the effort in or have extreme luck with RNG. Who knows, they may even sell them in the gem store later on after this has all ended.

in Dragon Bash

Jekarce.5673

How much effort..? I’m putting effort in.. but the amount of effort is subjective. .. but I can’t put more effort in it simply because of work etc.

I wish there was a different way for casual players to get these things that doesn’t involve money .. as we simply don’t have the time to play a lot for grinding

I’ve killed quite a few mobs since the start of the event but no luck so far.. and again, quite a few is subjective. The amount of mobs I killed is probably nothing compared to a full time player.

Ok.. rant over..

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Wesley.4590

Wesley.4590

Well they are already pretty easily obtainable (e.g. compare these to the Jetpack from Flame and Frost). I really don’t like it when people say they don’t have much time to play but still expect that they can obtain all the content or play through everything. That’s just not how it works in online gaming. Some things are meant as a reward for the players who do play it a lot and they probably deserve it for their commitment. And as I said earlier, you can’t even call these wings content for grinders only with it’s current TP price.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m definitely not one of the grinders who can play the game all day. I play when I can and try to at least participate in as much as I can. But if some of the content is not accessible to me because I don’t play enough, well that’s just something I’ll have to live with and accept

in Dragon Bash

Jekarce.5673

That is fair enough. I however don’t just accept it if I haven’t checked to see what other options there are for me. As I’m not a GW2 guru there may be options or ways I’m missing and the forum is an excellent way to get this info.

My mentioning about not having enough time may come accross as “I want everything without putting effort into it” .. but seriously, this is to show that I’m putting time into it but simply can’t put any more time into it (I could only wish). I’m already putting more hours into this game that I would normally spend on projects. Yes I know…stupid.

And it is a shame that not enough time equals not getting the better rewards. A bit like a punishment for those who don’t have a sea of time but are still dedicated and committed to this 1 game.

On the other hand I can understand, if one plays a lot, it feels unfair when casual players can get the same things with ease.

Anyways.. I got my answer. It’s grinding and grinding, whether it’s for gold, the 100k Zhaitaffy or mobs.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

This. Got mine randomly from an earth elemental.

As a random drop from enemies in the world.

in Dragon Bash

Jekarce.5673

This. Got mine randomly from an earth elemental.

Congrats! I’ll have a grind this weekend for these wings. I want to have them.. I must…!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

But if some of the content is not accessible to me because I don’t play enough, well that’s just something I’ll have to live with and accept

This. As a newer player, about 3 months, and very casual player, this is the first update where I actually felt I could get a few cool things and I did. I got 3 hats, the holo wings from a drop, dyes seemed to be dropping faster, about 12 holo minis (I gave a bunch away so I’m not sure), 3 minis for buying gems, a ton of fireworks that were fun to use during RP activities, and that doll (which admittedly is useless unless rolling a new alt). Toss in the other loot and coin I got playing the content I feel like I made out like a bandit. Well, aside from the update broke the Mac client and now Mac users can’t buy gems.

The Burninator

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Just buy the wings. They’re only 13 gold. It’ll save you the hassle of farming.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I am at a stage in life where I have money to spare, so I nabbed my holo wings off the TP by spending cash on gems to swap for gold. If I had waited I could have spent much less, clearly, as I bought at 30 gold and now it’s 14 gold for a pair.

If you have cash you don’t need for food, shelter, education, clothes, etc, that is a possible way not mentioned by others above.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: shakle.9258

shakle.9258

really, 14 gold isnt that much, everyone should be able to get that amout of gold if they really want. im super short on money right now, but 1 day cof speed runs should be more than enough to get you these pair of wings.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

hmm i don’t condone this usually, but why don’t you go run CoF like others mentioned? you get a ton of chacnes at loot. thuogh you’ll hit DR eventually/.. but since you don’t get to play ALL the time, at least a run or two a day can get you those wings soon : ))

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall