Please put a speed buff near Moas

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

Please add a speed buffer (eg. NPC) near the Moas so that we can easily follow the race. Lower level characters of certain classes may not have access to speed buffs yet.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Shadowtech.5071

Shadowtech.5071

Its Unnecessary

Catastraseed – Guardian / Keytuura – Engineer
[GoA] Guardians of Äsgard
Maguuma

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

Its Unnecessary

Also if you really want to follow them but have no speed buffs you can get the town buff from the guy by the pvp portals or eat candy and get a sugar rush of course then you are going to puke everywhere.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

It’s unfortunate because most people don’t even bother to try to watch now. They just make their bet and stand there. It might as well be pick a number between 1 and 5 for 50s and then just show you the result.

I thought it would be set up in a way so it was more like an arena where you could stand and see the whole race. Looking at it now though that would not work because of the size of the track, they would run out of view. It would have been cool if they could have made them mini moas on a track to watch from a wall or something.

I understand they tried to add something fun. It’s nice they think of such things but I don’t think it worked like they thought. I think the idea was to probably have all the ones making bets run with the race. I do like it when they try to add more fun stuff though and overall have enjoyed the Dragon Bash.

The Burninator

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The moa racing track has been in-game since at least the first beta where we had access to LA. I suspect it was originally intended to be more like rollerbeetle racing, where we’d play as the moas and so the length and visibility of the track wouldn’t matter.

Personally I think they should have added a vista, or something using the same mechanic but with a different icon, that activates when the race starts and pans the camera along the track at roughly the same speed the moas race so you can follow it that way.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

About 10 feet from the Farshore Waypoint is the NPC Ridley who gives you a speed boost.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Farshore_Ward

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: AesirValkyr.7418

AesirValkyr.7418

Spectator mode would fix it.