Plot Hole: Kasmeer Meade

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

So Kasmeer Meade comes to LA for her “special talents” and then you never see her till you get back to DR.

So unless her “special talents” was entertaining Marjory in the bedroom, what was the point of having her involved in this storyline?

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Keeping the Representatives in Lion’s Arch… if you know what I mean.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

So unless her “special talents” was entertaining Marjory in the bedroom, what was the point of having her involved in this storyline?

…………I think this shall be my version of the story now thank you.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your living story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Wonderful thoughts provided by the OP aside, she was probably handling other local cases or sorting files.

She seems to be the “side-kick” of the duo, which would likely leave her meeting contacts who’re looking to hire Jory, filing the paperwork, making sure the two get paid, and very rarely the actual investigative process.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Assassin Zero.4628

Assassin Zero.4628

I really hope this isn’t the case, but I feel like they’re going to make her a villain :/

1. The way she was portrayed in the cutscene after Logan asked her what she was doing there seemed rather devious (at least in my opinion)

2. Her lack of appearance in LA that the OP mentioned

3. A rather big hint: she has the Unshakable buff that basically every boss you fight in this game has…

Truly hoping these are just coincidences, but we’ll find out sooner or later.

Attachments:

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Toast.6459

Toast.6459

Logan has that too, every important NPC that might ever end up in combat has the unshakeable buff.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

Basically every boss has that buff because it seems like anyone Champion or Legendary has it…and Kasmeer has Champion rank. Destiny’s Edge all are Legendary.

It’s not really a big hint at all, in that case.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Yeah unshakable doesn’t mean opponent.

And the way she jiggles when Marjory tells her to enjoy the festival is far from what I would expect from a villian.

And don’t you dare continue your pervy thoughts on my character’s 2 girls!! (He worships Lyssa, he’s allowed to date 2 girls… right? :P ).

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Yeahhh.

Kasmeer’s pet name for Marjory, her very demeanour when talking to Marjory, and her response at going to Lion’s Arch (like she is going on a date!), all suggest a relationship to me. Plus, why else would Kasmeer go to such a shadowy place unless she was doing something she shouldn’t ought to be seen to be doing?

Maybe Faren’s constant attention has turned her ‘vegetarian’? Plus by faking a relationship with him, she wouldn’t care about his flirtations with other women.

Interesting character development.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I really hope this isn’t the case, but I feel like they’re going to make her a villain :/

1. The way she was portrayed in the cutscene after Logan asked her what she was doing there seemed rather devious (at least in my opinion)

3. A rather big hint: she has the Unshakable buff that basically every boss you fight in this game has…

On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate her in terms of being ‘sassy’? As we all know, our personal nemesis is going to be sassy. Is Kasmeer sassy enough to qualify for the role?

The table is a fable.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I think the sassy nemesis will be Mai Trin. I foresee a lot more 1 person stories coming up. I just hope they can be groupable and scaleable.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Assassin Zero.4628

Assassin Zero.4628

Ah, I can’t believe I never noticed the unshakable buff on other “champion/legendary status” npcs. My mistake; thanks for clarifying that!

On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate her in terms of being ‘sassy’? As we all know, our personal nemesis is going to be sassy. Is Kasmeer sassy enough to qualify for the role?

I don’t feel she’s that sassy, maybe like a 3 or 4 haha.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ibbuli.4027

Ibbuli.4027

I’m pretty sure Marjory needs her help with the ghost boy thing as Kasmeer haves some connections to the ministry… I think?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: CorneliusCoffin.3169

CorneliusCoffin.3169

I think the sassy nemesis will be Mai Trin. I foresee a lot more 1 person stories coming up. I just hope they can be groupable and scaleable.

If Mai Trin is going to be our nemesis, I hope she’s going back to supervillain school for a few terms first, because what she tried to pull off at Dragon Bash wasn’t exactly the archetype of a perfectly planned crime.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: CheeseJimmy.4796

CheeseJimmy.4796

I wondered where Kasmeer Meade had disappeared to once you got back to LA. I thought she had just tagged along for some free Ice Cream or something.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: wardog.3598

wardog.3598

I wonder if her name is supposed to be a reference to led zeppelin’s song “Kashmir”

“..All will be revealed…”

And side note: the song contains a number of middle eastern techniques so could this be a very, very hidden message that we can expect to return to elona. Probably not, but it is still fun to imagine.

Magi James
USC Gamecock

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: frostyraziel.1854

frostyraziel.1854

I think the writing team should take the living stories more serious and stop with this lighthearted writing. It makes the stories not feel serious enough to care, and some important dialogue can mistakenly be taken ironically.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I wonder if her name is supposed to be a reference to led zeppelin’s song “Kashmir”

“..All will be revealed…”

And side note: the song contains a number of middle eastern techniques so could this be a very, very hidden message that we can expect to return to elona. Probably not, but it is still fun to imagine.

Well her name is a warped version of cashmere, a luxury fabric. It’s sort of a pun on the fact that she is a noble…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Middle Eastern is Orr; Elona is African. There was only some slight influence of Persian in Vabbi, but far less than Orr geographically.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

If Mai Trin is going to be our nemesis, I hope she’s going back to supervillain school for a few terms first, because what she tried to pull off at Dragon Bash wasn’t exactly the archetype of a perfectly planned crime.

Maybe she went to the “Dr. Evil Villain School”.

Next she will throw us into a tank of mutated sea bass with freakin laser beams on their heads. Muahahhahahaahahaa

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Karast.1927

Karast.1927

to be honest I see this whole mini story as a parady of scooby doo.

Kasmeer is Dafney, Majory is Velma, Thackery is clearly scooby doo. Keil is more than likely Fred, and we are put in the place of Shaggy.

Mai Trin is clearly the blubling bag guy (even does the “if it were’nt for you meddling lionguard ….” line!)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

Nope, Kasmeer is just the bedroom sidekick, while we are the real sidekick and does all the work…..

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Drakenvold.9761

Drakenvold.9761

shes the femme fatale of the noir scene ^^

as to the actual role..beats me