Regarding skins and the rarity of...

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

What do you all want? Seriously, what would make you all happy? If the skins were more common and everyone was running around with all the jade weapons they could pick their teeth with, would that be a good thing or a bad thing?

Look what we’re getting right now… we’re all getting the helms for minimal effort at all… watch fireworks this weekend and there you go. We all are getting shattered wings for completing the achievements which we seem to have a full month to do, so no excuses there. You can even buy the other wings directly if you wish. So what’s ultimately somewhat rare… the weapon skins. A couple days into this month long event we’re seeing that it could take hundreds or maybe for some thousands of coffers to get a skin. Yet… these few days in and people are already having access to hundreds and thousands of coffers to open. Over the course of a month you could easily have access to what… five thousand, ten thousand coffers (if they drop the whole time)?

Where’s the fine line between keeping something worth pursuing because it’s rare and flooding the market thus cheapening the item in the eyes of many? How rare or common, in your opinions, should the skins be to make you happy? Please be polite, you never know who may read your answer.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

Sellable like Halloween weapons. I opened chest then even though I did not want the weapon because I could make money.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I think when they make an interesting set of skins, it should be relatively easy to get one of them, and take more effort (or, sigh, luck) to get more. One might still have to agonize over which one to get, but at least feel they got something from the event.

I have no issue at all with every single person having the cool looking thing I have. It has boggled my mind in every MMO that people kvetch about someone else having their neat thing. It’s all in how you use it, hey? Then again I don’t covet my neighbor’s goods RL or get upset when they have a nice thing that I don’t.

So let everyone have a good solid chance at the fun items, and make it rarer to get piles of them.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I think when they make an interesting set of skins, it should be relatively easy to get one of them, and take more effort (or, sigh, luck) to get more. One might still have to agonize over which one to get, but at least feel they got something from the event.

I have no issue at all with every single person having the cool looking thing I have. It has boggled my mind in every MMO that people kvetch about someone else having their neat thing. It’s all in how you use it, hey? Then again I don’t covet my neighbor’s goods RL or get upset when they have a nice thing that I don’t.

So let everyone have a good solid chance at the fun items, and make it rarer to get piles of them.

Look at you being all reasonable and the like. Nicely put.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: BlueSoda.6297

BlueSoda.6297

I think the issue is that the tickets for the skins are only available for a very limited time. If we could try to get them for longer than a month then it wouldn’t be so bad that they are so hard to get. It’s almost like it doesn’t matter how much effort you put into getting them at this point, and why should only a lucky few get to have them?

Also, why does it matter if other players have the item, I mean, why does that decrease the value of it to you? If someone really wants to use it for their character then they should get a fair chance to do so. It’s not like you actually work to get one, it’s pure luck.

Lastly, you can’t flood the market with these, as they are not able to be traded, so I don’t know what you meant by that.

Personally, I would rather have an item be like the shattered wings, where you actually DO have to work for it, and have a reason to display it.

Charr Lawful-Neutral

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

I want more options and everything to be common. That way not everyone is running around with the same skins, and I can get the skins I want.

These Jade Weapon skins are the only skins I have liked (other than SAB) since the game launch. I do like the Priory weapon skins too. Other than that I am not loving most of them.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

They should move all tokens for the older skins to the BLCs. The event gives the best opportunity, but it’ll add more and more interesting options to the existing BLC and make them more valuable over time.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Alex.6940

Alex.6940

No one enjoys a RNG system to getting items, especially items available for a limited time. Just make them available for purchase through gems as well and everybody is happy.

In terms of adding some prestige to items, I think a simple recoloured version should be available for those who grind rather than pay for items. Give a golden version of the dragon wings who those who obtain it through jorbreakers for example. You have something worth persuing if you really want the aesthetic item that you can work towards and obtain if you put enough effort into it but you don’t have to put up with a RNG system that means you can invest twice the effort and money into getting an item as someone else who got it but not get it yourself.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: mojowalker.3798

mojowalker.3798

I can understand the novelty of possessing a “rare” skin — I’m not one of those people and can truthfully say I don’t really spend that much time checking out other chars armors/weapons/etc. As long as my toons look good to me, all is well in the world.

But those who are obtaining them because of the rarity of the skin, the I’ve got it and no one else does philosophy, will most likely be looking to do the same with the next release of skins locked behind RNG boxes so they can say the same about that, and so on and so forth.

I tend to think, though, that the vast majority of players aren’t concerned with one-upping the other players, and just want the skins because they like the look. And if that is accurate — if most people aren’t worried about the uniqueness of it — then there’s really no reason for them to be almost impossible to obtain. I have to think the designers of the weapons didn’t envision their efforts going to waste, but at the moment, that is really what’s happening — their design being seen and appreciated and enjoyed by a significantly smaller percentage of people than their efforts would be, if the skins were available in the gem store or on the TP.

“If you can’t beat them, get a bigger stick.”
- Some random quote -
The Walkers and the Whispers, ANVIL ROCK

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: AkiraZero.8514

AkiraZero.8514

I just opened 1000 Normal Coffers, got 3 tickets, pretty decent for RNG compared to other boxes we’ve had.

Akira Antares/Necrosymphonic/Valiant Echo [AVA] [ZERO]
Gandara

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: BlackLotus.8349

BlackLotus.8349

Keep the rarity of the skins, but stop making everything account bound. I don’t see what’s so difficult about that or who it hurts; people who don’t want the skins can sell and make gold to buy skins they do want and people who do want the skins but are not that lucky can still buy them.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Imaginos.3756

Imaginos.3756

I want more options and everything to be common. That way not everyone is running around with the same skins, and I can get the skins I want.

These Jade Weapon skins are the only skins I have liked (other than SAB) since the game launch. I do like the Priory weapon skins too. Other than that I am not loving most of them.

Completely agree. More variety for everyone to look the way they want to look. This stuff should be far more common.