The fanbase resents the RNG chests

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Puddles.6385

Puddles.6385

As part of the fanbase, I resent you trying to speak for me.

As far as I am concerned, the system for this event is just fine. I can buy boxes with gems if I choose, and have a slightly higher chance of getting a skin, or I can just open the thousands of regular coffers that I get simply by playing the game the way I usually play.

What if the skins would drop, not from a chest, but from any normal mob, just with a really low droprate? This, I think, would be perceived as “better”, even though it’s exactly the same kitten ed thing in the long run.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Gotchaz.7865

Gotchaz.7865

I’ve opened over 300 chests and haven’t gotten anything but candy, fireworks and food items, just the way it goes I guess. Then again the event skins are kinda meh..no glowies or anything cool except for the torch that breaths fire, the shield skin is nice but not enough to go crazy about. In fact I think the majority of skins in this game is pretty lack luster lol

Beowulf-Defender of the JQ Realm and Warrior of the SF clan.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

Read again.
By the way: you cannot just declare skins as not being content. What else should they be? Random amounts of data that accidentally found their way into the game?
Skins are content. Skins are important to a lot of people. Otherwise we would not have all these drop-rate-nerf and skins-locked-in-rng-chests threads complaining.

But the skins are not restricted to the gemstore, so wether you believe skins are content or not, they’re not locked behind the “cash-shop gate” as you put it before.

Edit: As a quick update aswell, I found a location to farm in, picked up 3 wings (102% MF) and abit over 400 coffers, on top of that I bought 300 coffers on the TP.
In these 700 coffers I got 1 ticket roughly 1100 taffies, countless pointless food buffs and 7 miniature knights.

I don’t even know if I was unlucky with the coffers or not but my main grudge is actually that so many items are account bound, I dont want the ticket but I cant give it away or sell it because its account bound, I cant even give away the fireworks.

(edited by Lue.6538)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I 100% ANets use of RNG chests. I think they’re just fine. Even more so that they sell them for Gems because I feel that anyone stupid enough to buy them with real money deserves to have their money in more responsible hands.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Scourge.4317

Scourge.4317

I kinda think they would make so much more money in the long run if they just put all the kitten skins in their styles tab. People who make alts and new people who may buy the game after the RNG boxes are gone will still be able to purchase the skins. They didn’t do this with the GW1 store. Heck they actually had good skins that you could wear in combat. I love this game to death but i honestly wish they would do away with the boxes and just put the skins in the styles tab. I have 7 level 80s and i would buy weapons for all of them if they were available in their store.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

You do know that you can get the skins from Dragon Coffers that drops from every single thing in the whole world right?
And rather frequently as well.

Lol. Like 1 in 1,000, at best. That’s not “frequently”.

in Dragon Bash

Kal Spiro.9745

I kinda think they would make so much more money in the long run if they just put all the kitten skins in their styles tab. People who make alts and new people who may buy the game after the RNG boxes are gone will still be able to purchase the skins. They didn’t do this with the GW1 store. Heck they actually had good skins that you could wear in combat. I love this game to death but i honestly wish they would do away with the boxes and just put the skins in the styles tab. I have 7 level 80s and i would buy weapons for all of them if they were available in their store.

How could they possibly make more money? How many people would purchase multiple skins compared to the number that will buy innumerable crates, even though there is no reason to?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

in Dragon Bash

Scourge.4317

How could they possibly make more money? How many people would purchase multiple skins compared to the number that will buy innumerable crates, even though there is no reason to?

More people would be willing to spend money if the skins were available in their store and not in these random boxes. Its just my opinion that after these crates are no long available via the store and world mobs they wont be making any money off of them and it would be better to just add them in their styles tab so they would always be available for purchase.

in Dragon Bash

Kal Spiro.9745

More people would be willing to spend money if the skins were available in their store and not in these random boxes. Its just my opinion that after these crates are no long available via the store and world mobs they wont be making any money off of them and it would be better to just add them in their styles tab so they would always be available for purchase.

They would probably make more money, too, if they still had gear from all their previous events available there as well. They’re not, so in this instance I’ll say that’s not really important to them. Still, it’s more important that there are really only a finite number of skins they would sell compared to the infinite number of crates they can sell since each crate only has a chance to have a skin.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RoterFuchs.9216

RoterFuchs.9216

Well if the skin looks good i would definitely buy a few directly. But even if the skin looks awesome, I would never buy such a stupid chest. Never.
Now it of course comes all down to numbers, what’s greater: More people buying some skins directly, or fewer people buying more chests? Only ANet knows.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

RNG makes me sick. I fortunately was lucky and after 75 coffers I got my Jade ticket, but I have friends that have opened 1000’s of them and nothing. Honestly if these are the odds why bother farming for my second weapon?…..staff looks dull anyways.

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: TheMagickDoll.7594

TheMagickDoll.7594

Locking these weapon skins behind this scam of lock boxes (and yes, its a scam, you are fooling yourself to think it is otherwise) is horrible for customers and is only causing ill will. As anyone can tell its also causing a huge amount of conflict among the player themselves. This is not good for any community based gaming such as MMO’s and especially for a social game as Guild Wars 2.

in Dragon Bash

Scourge.4317

They would probably make more money, too, if they still had gear from all their previous events available there as well. They’re not, so in this instance I’ll say that’s not really important to them. Still, it’s more important that there are really only a finite number of skins they would sell compared to the infinite number of crates they can sell since each crate only has a chance to have a skin.

People are going to stop spending money all together in their store if they keep this going. Throwing a way money for a chance at a skin can only go on for so long before people say kitten it and either leave or stop supporting them through the store. So many great skins in the GW1 store that had great themes and here we just get 3 that can be used in combat and the weapon skins tied to RNG.

in Dragon Bash

Kal Spiro.9745

People are going to stop spending money all together in their store if they keep this going. Throwing a way money for a chance at a skin can only go on for so long before people say kitten it and either leave or stop supporting them through the store. So many great skins in the GW1 store that had great themes and here we just get 3 that can be used in combat and the weapon skins tied to RNG.

No, they won’t. If that were the case it would have happened. It hasn’t, and it isn’t going to. The people who come here are an insignficant sample size. The people who come here are the ones who are angry, the people who aren’t angry don’t come here. The people who understood what it was they were doing and did it anyway and lived with their decision will continue to do so as long as they see value in it.

Oh, and just an aside. Gem store sales don’t benefit ANet, nor GW2 in any way. That money goes to NCSoft to do with as they please.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Stop buying the RNG gemshop stuff and they’ll stop doing it.

Or…how about they just make RNG boxes worth buying by increasing the drop rate. By increase, I don’t mean raise from 0.01% to 0.02%. I mean allow 1 in every 10 boxes to drop a weapon ticket which is, let’s face it, the only thing people buy them for.

As it stands, it’s not worth it.

I’ve not bought a Gamble Box since I tried some Black Lion Chests for the molten stuff back during Flame and Frost. I farmed 250 of the normal coffers this time around hoping for a Jade skin since I actually like them. Nope. Nothing. Checked the Wiki droprate research page and see one guy opened over 4000 and only got one. One guy opened over 2000 and got none. One (very lucky) guy opened just over 300 and got one. Chances of getting one through normal coffers are pretty slim too then.

I get why people say “uhhh you don’t need the skins they’re just aesthetic”, but they’re misguided. This game isn’t about stats, it’s about aesthetics. I think the amount of complaining just goes to show how viable that model actually is, despite cries from “traditional MMO players” on release that it could never work. Players enjoy obtaining pretty stuff – the pro-RNG brigade who post either to rile up other players or just to troll fail to see this, and fail to see this is why some of us are getting so angry.

Is it so bad of me to want to be able to legitimately earn a skin in-game through a means that is not RNG Boxes? Event tokens, MF recipe… please…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

A lot of people resent them, including me, but apparently there are still enough gamblers out there to make it worth selling in the gem store.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

Anet should employ a much better algorithm than simple RNG using low percentages. The chance of getting something should increase the more drops (in this case dragon coffers and such) the player gets until the reward is accomplished then reseed the RNG. This would prevent the extremes we see in this game.

One guildie of mine ran over 150 lvl 10 fractals and above before seeing a ring. Talk about disheartening.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

As a thousand people have said before me: “Stop buying them if you don’t like them”. If people stop buying them, ANet will stop selling them! Simple. Every person that hopes the next RNG box will be fair, and buys them for this reason, is furthering the existence of these boxes. Just stop.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

You do know that you can get the skins from Dragon Coffers that drops from every single thing in the whole world right?

1 per 1000 can be frequent if the drop of the chest is very high from mobs(i dont know if it is or not as im on vecation into the 18th and cant play into then.)
if you get 100-300 chests fairly fast then getting 1k chest is not that bad.

but i hope they make a chest(RNG ofc) that makes it possible to get some of the skins made trough time so they arent looked away for ever(only the BoA-BoP skins ofc) as some of them might be intressting to have at some point in the futur but right now they have little intresset to me i have it find with my molten sets.

i dont understand why all hate RNG so much. and i cant understand why people hate paying a few bucks for gems for something in the gem-store, given that we are playing and useing there game(Anet) for free.
RNG is not as random as people think(or atleast thats based of my view on the world) as the program needs to draw its numbers from something and all but hey im most likely not one to talk as i dont belive in free will eighter, but RNG is proberly the only way they can semi control the amount of weapons out there.

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: blackgoat.5172

blackgoat.5172

Yea…to want to support Arenanet and hopes in return to get something nice in return must be an idiot. People shouldn’t even ‘donate’ to Arenanet at all! Complete fools! …

I realize you’re being sarcastic but, in the current state of the RNG chests you’re attempt at sarcasm is actually a 100% true assessment.

Káge – 80 Thief / Asháman – 80 Elementalist
Project Mayhem A multigaming, PVx social guild on Dragonbrand
Dragonbrand Community Forums

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: DrWhom.3105

DrWhom.3105

There’s decent arguments on both sides really. Before the game came out, there were a couple of things said by Anet that pertain to this: hoping for random gear drops in dungeons is bad, and cosmetics are the endgame. So those who feel that skins = content do have a fair point and I think we can all agree that if it wasn’t fun hoping for that drop you need in a dungeon it isn’t fun paying money (or copious amounts of gold) for the same disappointment.

On the other hand, the game has to be supported somehow and so far RNG chests seem to be doing a kitten fine job of it. Those of you saying you’d prefer a sub fee, well Guild Wars has never been about that and that’s a big reason why many of us have stuck with the franchise. Also WoW / EVE are extreme edge cases, and if we’re being honest GW2 doesn’t distinguish itself nearly as much from the market leader as EVE does so I really don’t think a subscription model would work.

I think the best solution is to add some sort of hideously grindy achievement that allows you to get one guaranteed claim ticket per account by actually playing the game. Slay 5000 holographic minions and complete all the other Dragon Bash achievements or something. It seems people really just want a sure-fire method, one where they can measure their progress. If you get unlucky the RNG can just end up bankrupting you, which isn’t a fun thought to have in the back of your mind when you’re clicking on boxes.

MAG

(edited by DrWhom.3105)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I think the best solution is to add some sort of hideously grindy achievement that allows you to get one guaranteed claim ticket per account by actually playing the game. Slay 5000 holographic minions and complete all the other Dragon Bash achievements or something. It seems people really just want a sure-fire method, one where they can measure their progress. If you get unlucky the RNG can just end up bankrupting you, which isn’t a fun thought to have in the back of your mind when you’re clicking on boxes.

Oh, please no. This game is supposed to be fun, not “hideously grindy”.

And while it’s true that people want a sure-fire method to get the weapon skins, it might be worth realizing WHY they want it. To put it simply, getting to gear up their characters with spiffy weapon skins is fun. Trying and failing due to luck or a Real Life lack of vast amounts of cash (a problem many dislike being reminded of in-game) is Not Fun.

HOWEVER… if you somehow made the use of RNG to get the skins something that people find fun, then they’d gladly do it. And if it cost a few (not a lot, a few) gems, then people would be more likely to pay up for the fun and chance at the final reward.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

Yes… I said this a thousand other places… but i want to make sure I’m heard because… I’m not happy. For the first time I seriously found some skins that I would throw myself off a cliff to obtain, but after impaling myself on the sharp rocks and bleeding to death, I find nothing.

My guild mate opened 15 coffers and found a ticket… I spent almost the entire day fighting holos, bet on 30+ races, fought in 60-80 dragon ball matches, spent five gold buying 120 coffers… opened around a thousand coffers in total … no ticket.

That’s not fair.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kelthos Doombringer.9032

Kelthos Doombringer.9032

Just to add to the list of unhappy customers, I too have opened at least 1200 Coffers now. I have been grinding them for as long as I can at any one time, but I have yet to acquire a single ticket.
I am hoping to get at least 3 before the end of Dragon Bash, I don’t know that I will be able to.

As hundreds of other people have said, it is pretty disgusting how cheap you’re being, Arena.Net. Why do you add skins into the game that only a fraction of the player base can get to?
You say “Play the game how you want to” and “There is no grind” yet.. we’re forced to grind the Holograms to get the amazing skins your artists have provided us.
Either that, or gamble our real life money away – this is just.. flat out wrong, in my opinion and I will always refuse to pay for a RNG chest.

I pay Blizzard monthly to see all of their content, and they also provide their own store items that are completely optional, just like Arena.Net’s.
But the difference between WoW’s store and GW2’s store is that if we pay for something, more often than not we don’t receive the item that we are paying for.
Yeah, I get that you’ve so kindly stated that there is only a “Higher Chance” at obtaining the tickets, but it’s obvious that the people buying the Rich Coffers are wanting the ticket.
But this doesn’t even make sense! People want the skin, why the hell put it in a RNG chest?? Arena.Net, why are you not giving your customers the item they are paying for??

Level 80 Human Necromancer

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

I think you are reading it wrong.

My take is he was implying that the actual coffers drop frequently.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

I’d be more inclined to agree with you if you “needed” the jade weapons, but you don’t. It’s just a skin, and every few months, there’s a new batch of em. I get it, you think some of the skins are pretty, and it’d just be dandy if you could get one or two for some characters, but we simply just do not need these items.

Yes, I know it’s really, really frustrating and annoying to literally flush hard earned money away. But, all I can say is just don’t do it then. If you want to support ANet, bye items which you are sure to get. And if you don’t like their practices with chance boxes, then don’t bye them.

There will be more skins. Some of them you’ll like, some of them you won’t. Some of them will be in chance boxes, some of them won’t.

And hey, of you really have had enough, stop playing. If you aren’t having fun in a game, what’s the point?

The old “you don’t need it” reply. You don’t “need” to do anything in a game. What is something you really enjoy about GW2 so we can tell you that you don’t “need” to do that. Stop dictating what other people find enjoyable about a game.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

But the sad part is not that they make you pay for certain items, but make you gamble for it. I would be totally fine with it if they sold the skin tickets directly in the gem store, but still kept the RNG for the boxes that drop off of mobs.

I agree with this completely. Look at the cash shop in Tera for at least a slightly better system.

Also, in the few months I played Tera I actually bought 4 skins (@ $10.00 a pop) among other things like 7 day experience boosters. The only thing I hate about Tera’s cash shop is being able to resell virtually everything for in game currency, which really messes with the economy.

The only things I have ever bought in GW2 are bag slots, bank expansions, and items that do not have RNG.

(edited by Ashanor.5319)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

I’d be more inclined to agree with you if you “needed” the jade weapons, but you don’t. It’s just a skin, and every few months, there’s a new batch of em. I get it, you think some of the skins are pretty, and it’d just be dandy if you could get one or two for some characters, but we simply just do not need these items.

Yes, I know it’s really, really frustrating and annoying to literally flush hard earned money away. But, all I can say is just don’t do it then. If you want to support ANet, bye items which you are sure to get. And if you don’t like their practices with chance boxes, then don’t bye them.

There will be more skins. Some of them you’ll like, some of them you won’t. Some of them will be in chance boxes, some of them won’t.

And hey, of you really have had enough, stop playing. If you aren’t having fun in a game, what’s the point?

The old “you don’t need it” reply. You don’t “need” to do anything in a game. What is something you really enjoy about GW2 so we can tell you that you don’t “need” to do that. Stop dictating what other people find enjoyable about a game.

I’m of the "You don’t need it " view too , but I do see that people want things , and let’s face if people didn’t the game would be full of generic clones.

everyone is different , as is need and want. Wanting something though doesn’t always mean you will get it.

Heck i have people telling me I NEED a good —-—- , doesn’t mean I Want one though. :-P

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

RNG is RNG, it’s in practically every MMO. It is what it is. I dislike it sure, but it’s the way things go in this genre.

And for some here to say that removing the skins from the gamble boxes would somehow improve the game, I highly doubt it. Even if this game had a sub and there weren’t any gamble boxes and the items appeared from mob drops or some sort of dungeon reward, that still wouldn’t guarantee a player anything.

Many here speak of sub games giving you what you want. Yeah right! Rose colored glasses are a pretty red huh? Prime example of my time spent in WoW, “THE” sub based game, During the time when Black Temple and ZB was hot, not everyone was privileged enough to have a Warglaive drop or grab an Amani War Bear drop because they were in guilds who just couldn’t do the content in time or have the item they wanted drop when they did do it. The ZG tiger didn’t drop for everyone that wanted one. There are many more examples but I think you catch my drift.

We should be happy that these items aren’t BiS must haves to improve performance and just skins to improve aesthetics. I myself bought 40 keys trying to get a hold of a fused ticket. I finished the Frost and Flame dungeon in upwards of 50times trying to get a hold of a jetback as a drop. Didn’t happen for me, but I know that is the nature of MMO gaming. You don’t always get the drop you want or need. After a long history of playing dozens of titles for 14yrs now I realized long ago that it’s nothing but pixels anyway, no real loss, no real gain. No one is going to write a book about any of my characters and certainly not about my characters having some rare drop.

(edited by Akari Storm.6809)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

I’m of the "You don’t need it " view too , but I do see that people want things , and let’s face if people didn’t the game would be full of generic clones.

everyone is different , as is need and want. Wanting something though doesn’t always mean you will get it.

Heck i have people telling me I NEED a good —-—- , doesn’t mean I Want one though. :-P

We don’t ‘need’ to play the game either, but the game designers ‘need’ us to. So since we don’t ‘need’ to, they have to make us ‘want’ to. This is only possible if they first make things that we ‘want’, and second make it possible for us to actually ‘get’ them.

Of course people desire what is hard to obtain, to feel the achievement when they finally get it, to have something that few others posses; but there is a difference between making something hard and making it astronomical. Furthermore when you base a system on luck instead of hard work, dedication, or skill, then players lose that feeling of satisfaction for all the hard work they put in. And without satisfaction, desire wanes.

I don’t want to spend hours and days playing when it is unlikely that I’ll get anything for it, I spend too much time on this game as it is, and I cant afford to waste any more on ‘maybes’. They can still make something hard to get by fixing difficult and lengthy requirements rather than luck. Likewise, this will also limit how many people obtain it in the first place, as not everyone will be willing to go the distance, and thus the ‘I have something that you don’t’ factor remains.

I did ‘want’ these skins because they looked pretty cool, but that want is fading to irritation -and not just at how much time I’ve wasted, but at how easily other players obtained theirs in comparison. If you don’t give me my ‘wants’ then what reason have I to play this game?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

I think this really needs to be restated.

The problem with Dragon Bash is that there’s too much “gambling” involved in this event. The Moa race gold sink gambling and this whole purchasable RNG box thing. You may say, “Who cares? Just don’t gamble! Don’t take part!” The big problem with gambling (as many gambling addicts know) is that the lure / trap of gambling can be very destructive and addictive. It is almost impossible for some people to resist and if sanctioned and encouraged by Anet it can result in some really upset, financially wounded customers.

If you have an object for sale, the consumer will gauge the price, weigh the time/effort/financal expense in accruing the item, then make a choice to get it or not. if they do spend the money they feel satisfied becayse they got what they paid for, and there are usually no surprises. With gambling it’s completely different.

The gambling cycle goes something like this. The consumer believes they have a chance of “winning”, that is spending a little and getting a lot. In reality the odds are stacked against them, but the BELIEF that you could win big (or in this case get the weapon skin) is tantalizing. So you invest, and start buying boxes or betting. At a certain point, if the consumer starts to lose, they become obsessed with the idea that only a few more bets will make it all worth it. They hate the idea of all the previous lost bets or boxes purchased being a waste of money, so they actually wind up spending MORE money. This is where it starts to really get out of control. The more you lose the more you bet. If you win, you keep betting, high on winning. If you lose, you keep betting. It’s a psychological trap. And it’s very, very dangerous. I know families in RL that were torn apart by gambling. One parent got hooked on gambling and secretly spent all their money, always thinking he could win it all back and make it worth it.

In terms of GW2, you can clearly see this psychological trap in play (albeit on a smaller scale). The posters on this thread got stuck in it. I saw someone on the forums openned thousends of boxes and spent almost $100 in a day. 0 tickets. Another lost 45g on Moa racing. That’s the gambling cycle demon in action. And I think Anet should be very careful about releasing that demon on their players.

Sure, you can argue (as casinos do) that the responsibility rests with the client, not the house. But the house is responsible for setting up the trap. And Anet should really reconsider this method for future events.

To all those people toting that people just shouldn’t buy them, this is what traps people.

I am hoping to get at least 3 before the end of Dragon Bash, I don’t know that I will be able to.

We have an entire month…thus far: 1/10th of that month

But this doesn’t even make sense! People want the skin, why the hell put it in a RNG chest?? Arena.Net, why are you not giving your customers the item they are paying for??

You are being given exactly what you paid for: gems. Beyond that, you are still getting what you are paying for: Rich Dragon Coffers. Just like in real life, you want to do some research, get some solid facts before you make a (well-informed by this point) decision on whether or not that chance is worth it to you. I’m not trying to be a white knight, but it is not Anet’s fault that you couldn’t wait and get the facts in before spending.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: gvaughn.4163

gvaughn.4163

I am definitely not a fan of how the festival rewards are being implemented. It makes an otherwise fun event into a bit of a let-down.

edit: There is little doubt in my mind that Arenanet could care less, so long as they are making $$$ off the gems. I expect more of the same in the future.

HoD

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

That’s right its been 2 days and already rage no weapon skins, say whaaaaaaaaaaat? lol

And do you know why? Because being the 3rd day some ppl already got more than 1 tickets… thats why. And some ppl even got their dragon helmets and wings too while other are left with nothing. Thats what making ppl angry and sad and disappointed.

Sure and they were lucky but that doesnt mean only they get to enjoy the skins. I can tell you my experience in SAB, it will make a good comparison in a way. Day one to a couple of days before the end of the event I had not a single skin drop. then just a couple of days before the event ended I had not 1 but 2 drops in the same day. On the last day I bought another further 3 skins with the bubbles I collected. So essentially until the very end one could say this is hopeless I’ve been at it for days and didnt get anything for it. But that wasnt strictly true.

Now its true with SAB you had better control because of the tokens you could collect but for most people it still took days if not a whole week to get enough tokens to buy a skin. Here its a bit more chaotic but getting no skin in the first two days is not yet signs of gloom.

Personally so far I farmed somewhere between 300 – 400 coffers still no skin but thats okey, its only day 3. If I can get 3 – 5 skins by the end of the event I will be happy. So far that doesnt seem undoable.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Andy.4012

Andy.4012

So I’ve opened over 1000+ coffers and the best i got was 3 risen knight… Its been three days since this even started and i’m already disliking the way this is structured.
Compared to SAB, this is crap. Here the skins are based on pure luck, and some people just don’t have the luck to get a weapon skin ticket. In SAB, you could play and get the skins separate from the drops, and that would have been amazing for this event too; if you could have used the candy to buy green versions of the skins. I really want one of those skins because, lets be honest, they look nice. But no. Instead I have to open coffers and get whatever is in there. At least the Southsun crates had the passion flower material, which was useful and somewhat valuable. This just has candy. That’s it. 98% of all coffers I’ve opened had NOTHING BUT CANDY. Really? Is this how GW2 caters to its players; by allowing a some to get skins, and then the rest of the players are kicked out of the loop? Honestly, if future events are like this, where luck decides who gets the good stuff, then there is no point in me continuing the game. Because this crap got old with Southsun supply crates, and now its just plain agitating. It’s a shame, too. This game showed so much promise, and was so much fun.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

-Drops from every mob in the world.
-Given from every mini-game in the event.
-Drops multiple times from holograms in every zone.
-Can purchase additional chests from gem store.

And people STILL complain. What a bunch of crybaby whiners, seriously. If it’s not a handout to every casual tryhard then all of a sudden it’s the worst thing ever invented.. give me a break.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

And people STILL complain. What a bunch of crybaby whiners, seriously. If it’s not a handout to every casual tryhard then all of a sudden it’s the worst thing ever invented.. give me a break.

Let me know how 6000 or so just appeared in your inventory with little to no effort, because some people are around that many and still no ticket. That’s alot of time and money on their part.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

Let me know how 6000 or so just appeared in your inventory with little to no effort, because some people are around that many and still no ticket. That’s alot of time and money on their part.

Listen to what you’re saying. People have opened 6000 coffers… THREE DAYS INTO THE EVENT. You have an entire MONTH.

“Waaaaaah I farmed all day and didn’t get what I wanted immediately!” Or is it something like “I was stupid enough to buy coffers in bulk at their peak price and was not rewarded for my stupidity!”

in Dragon Bash

swiftpaw.6397

Listen to what you’re saying. People have opened 6000 coffers… THREE DAYS INTO THE EVENT. You have an entire MONTH.

“Waaaaaah I farmed all day and didn’t get what I wanted immediately!” Or is it something like “I was stupid enough to buy coffers in bulk at their peak price and was not rewarded for my stupidity!”

I love that assumption, unfortunately, not all of us have the luxury of a month. We have real lives to go to, I for one start work on Tuesday which is full time 5 days a week, and on my weekends I attend another job for those two days.

in Dragon Bash

Galen Grey.4709

Yes… I said this a thousand other places… but i want to make sure I’m heard because… I’m not happy. For the first time I seriously found some skins that I would throw myself off a cliff to obtain, but after impaling myself on the sharp rocks and bleeding to death, I find nothing.

My guild mate opened 15 coffers and found a ticket… I spent almost the entire day fighting holos, bet on 30+ races, fought in 60-80 dragon ball matches, spent five gold buying 120 coffers… opened around a thousand coffers in total … no ticket.

That’s not fair.

I am not sure fair has got anything to do with it and certainly not this early. Every coffer is a lottery. From people’s experiences the odds seem to be 0.01% ergo the average people get a skin is when they open up 1000 coffers. if you opened a 1000 coffers and didn’t find one you’re being unlucky for now. if your guild mate opened 15 and found one s/he was very lucky till now. But its still to early to say! why? because there is still a lot to go till the end. If you open another 5000 coffers till the end of the event and find 8 tickets and your guild mate opens another 5000 coffers and finds 3 more tickets the tables will turn, you’d be the lucky one getting 1.6 tickets per 1000 coffers while your guild mate would now have acquired only 0.8 tickets per 1000 coffers.

Further more fair is subjective. Take SAB, you could farm it and buy the skins without any luck involved but does that make it fair? In some aspects yes, in others not so much. If Person A can play 5 times more then I can then they can earn 5 times more skins then I can, does that make it unfair? Yes and no…

Same thing here. If the odds people claim are correct it should take 1000 coffers to get a ticket, so lets assume 2 people open exactly 1000 coffers and they both get 1 ticket. Is it unfair if one of them is lucky enough to get it on the first coffer s/he opens while the other gets it when they open coffer number 1000? they’d both be sticking with the odds 100%

in Dragon Bash

Galen Grey.4709

I pay Blizzard monthly to see all of their content, and they also provide their own store items that are completely optional, just like Arena.Net’s.
But the difference between WoW’s store and GW2’s store is that if we pay for something, more often than not we don’t receive the item that we are paying for.
Yeah, I get that you’ve so kindly stated that there is only a “Higher Chance” at obtaining the tickets, but it’s obvious that the people buying the Rich Coffers are wanting the ticket.

With all due respect you’re using a double standard here. WoW has plenty of desirable stuff hidden behind much MUCH worst RNG. To mention one such thing how about the mount Ashes of Al’ar? You can only try to get it once a week, it has a 1% chance to drop and if it drops you need to be the lucky person in a 25 man raid to get it. Even if you manage to solo it, odds are you’ll get it after 2 years. (100 runs divided by 52 weeks). In this case you can get one skin in approximately 1000 coffers. So if you opened 1200 coffers already you were unlucky sure, but you hit the average time you should have gotten it after 2 days not after 2 years. by the end of the month if you keep the same rate you’ll have acquired 18 skins if the RNG gods dont betray you. in case of that 1 mount in WoW you’d still be 1/24 of the way to so that you hit the odds were you will get it once.

I dont think you picked a good example. You’re obviously happy with the way WoW does things so seriously why is something thats in this case a full 432x better ( you can get 432 skins in the time it takes to get that 1 mount in WoW) making you unhappy? Dont get me wrong, I am not trying to antagonize you I would really like to understand why you’re fine with WoW but not in GW2 even though the same thing is in WoW and in most cases to a much bigger magnitude.

in Dragon Bash

Galen Grey.4709

I am definitely not a fan of how the festival rewards are being implemented. It makes an otherwise fun event into a bit of a let-down.

edit: There is little doubt in my mind that Arenanet could care less, so long as they are making $$$ off the gems. I expect more of the same in the future.

I think you need to increase your doubt by a bit then. Let me take you back to a time when the first such skins where introduced in the game. Remember the Great sword / chainsaw skin in halloween? or the Scythe staff skin? How could you get those skins? only one way, buying Keys for lock boxes. What about this time? You also get a chance from coffers that drop like all the time from anything you kill no less.

Would you say that this change was not in favor of the players and made them less $$$ in gems? So are you sure they dont care about the players at all? Cause I dont really see it myself.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

They are supposed to drop rare. else everyone has the skin and it is no fun anymore. Maybe they should make the ticket tradable to compensate for the hardcore players but not increase the rates imo.

Not fun for you maybe. I for one couldn’t care less if every single player in the game has a skin I like, I pick my skins based on whether or not I like the appearance, nothing more. If everyone else has one I don’t care, I still think it looks good. Other people having it don’t diminish the look of the skin, and a skin that’s rare doesn’t suddenly become better looking.

This doesn’t whole true for everybody. Half the crowd may like items due to the look, while the other half may like an item because of the difficulty/rareness the item is.

I see both parts of the park, but having rare items is healthy for the in game economy. If everything is the game is “flat” priced, then there is no economy and the game looses a large fan base. Easy game= bored players.

The i’m a special snowflake argument holds no water with me. Its reeks of eliteism which destroys games.

If stuff is too grindy or too rng dependant then it leads to frustrated players. And frustrated players leave.

Dependable rewards does not have to mean easy rewards. And hard to obtain rewards does not mean they have to be exclusive.

If they spend time making weapon skins i’ll never get, i’d prefer they just dont bother. I care what my character has, not what other people have.

In regards to RNG

When it comes to RNG, there is nothing “Special Snowflake”/Elite about it. ArenaNet put this in the game in order to create balance in the economy.

• E.g.; A large portion of players want to obtain a Legendary. As the given name, this should hold a particular value since this is the “Rarest” form of weaponry in the game. It is also the hardest to obtain when compared to all other weapons.
    You might say it’s wrong to have RNG in the Legendary ingredient; but let me explain why this creates a balance of Legendaries in the market.
  • If the precurser had a set recipe to craft, there would easily be two times more legendaries in the market. What is “Legendary” about an item if the item is easily obtained and there is multitudes of the item around?
  • Legendaries were not designed to be in the hands of every player in the game. This was meant to be an in game challenge for those who want to take a step beyond the normal achievements, crafting.
  • ArenaNet has already improved the process of crafting a Legendary which some might argue that the craft was already reasonable to craft.

As regards to other RNG items; People buy the chests/coffers/etc. every day by the dozens. This is a money maker just like any system where chance and risk is involved. Many humans like the idea of taking risks, so they do it. Just because some don’t like to do it, or find it cruel and vile for a company to provide this type of content; doesn’t mean it’s wrong.
The Idea of having something someone else doesn’t is prevalent in society. People want to stand out; and having something that not many others have does just that. Hence this is why most people buy or try for RNG Items.

In regards to your “Elitism” comment

Elitism is mostly a status symbol. Players who you consider “Elitists” play the game because of that reason, they get respect by some, and invoke jealousy and hatrid and others. This is the status of any great leader or successful entrepreneur. Do you think there are leader boards for Achievment Points because people just like to see what others have? Same with WvW; People jump to winning worlds because they want to feel and take part of success, admired that their duties have earned them the tier 1 seed.
Without “Elitism” in a game people would not be comptetive, there would be not many players commanding in WvW, no reason to achieve great feats in the game. Everyone has a chance to be something, and there are times when you receive a little boost from “RNG”; but ultimately success is driven by your compassion to do just that.

In my conclusion I want to say I simply dissagree with your opinion stating “Elitism” and “RNG” destroys games. World of Warcraft has stood the test of time in such a harsh gaming world. Many player from the early WoW days have since left the game because of the exact reason of Blizzard implementing casual approaches to many “Elite, End Game” content. That destroys games, not Elitist. Competiveness drives ambition and drives the game. If you want to play casually, then by all rights, go ahead, but do not critisize the players who want to go above and beyond to reach the tops of their charts.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Nini.8941

Nini.8941

Skins are a very big part of the game for me overall. And this is really starting to affect me in a bad way. These RNG boxes just cast a huge shadow over these nice events. Not really a good thing to remember them by, with all the work devs put in them.

I have yet to receive any weapon tickets from all of the events that have been up so far. That’s 0 tickets since pre-launch. The Winter and SAB did not really bother me since I was able to buy one weapon from both events to have as memory’s.

I buy gems for real money all the time to support Anet and to gather things that I like, or even to buy materials I need for crafting, but I refuse to buy those RNG boxes. I tested 3 crates for some leftover gems in pure desperation when the SS event was ending. I was there almost every day.

As someone on reddit put it:____
“I don’t have enough time to farm these things and I hate gambling type mechanics. Also, a skin doesn’t have any competitive advantage, so letting me outright buy it from the gem store only increases the time I’ll want to play the game while giving Anet some additional money.

I have essentially given up on this event because it’s so tedious. I still run around and play and if I happen to get a coffer I open it to find my candy (nothing else other than 2 fireworks have ever dropped for me) Folks like me who are a little older and have a full time job (but are willing to spend some of that full time job money) are being left out..”_____

Just put in two different kind of gem types if you want people to buy those RNG things. RNG boxes = Normal gems, Weapon skin = Another gem that can only be bought with real money . Or sell weapon tickets in gaming stores just like the gem cards. Just give us some way to obtain atleast ONE ticket per event, be it via real money or some scavenger hunt.

:(

(edited by Nini.8941)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I would complain about the RNG, but since I got my ticket out of my 13th common coffer…yeah. Plus I keep getting a ton more just hunting for holograms in the world.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Reivaxe.1358

Reivaxe.1358

People, lets put some perspective on things. We’re just on the 2nd day of the event here, yes some of us (me included) opened a ton of coffers and found nothing… YET… there is still what?, 28 days for the event to end? Plenty of chances to get a ticket!

You don’t seem to see where people are getting annoy …

1 day or 2 days or 20, RNG is RNG and you could very well NEVER get this skin. Skins MANY people are clearly willing to spend money on.

It’s not good practice for players, it feeds on gambling and luck/ rng that drives people to buying coffers. I have gotten 7 rich coffers and I learned my lesson … never paying a gem for anything that’s not guaranteed again.

As for the people who PREFER RNG because they don’t want others running around with their special snowflake skin by buying them directly from the gemstore then they should really step back and think … if what you want is to be a snowflake then the BEST answer is to have more options. Heck, that’s half the reason I want MUCH more culture armor for Sylvari, to me my Sylvari only looks right with culture themed armor … and there are only 4 leaf armors in the game. Instead of wanting RNG armor or armor to cost as high as T3 I would just prefer there be a rainbow of cool and appealing designs that people could pick from.

in Dragon Bash

Kal Spiro.9745

I love that assumption, unfortunately, not all of us have the luxury of a month. We have real lives to go to, I for one start work on Tuesday which is full time 5 days a week, and on my weekends I attend another job for those two days.

Sounds like you don’t really have time to be playing the game. That’s too bad. Why does that mean you should just get a thing? No MMO will ever, nor should ever, be designed to accomodate those small few who don’t actually have enough time to play it. If you don’t understand why that is, or feel that isn’t how it should be, then I really can’t help you.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

so I got mine on day 2 of 30 days… Yeah, it’s really bad

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

Cheer up, you’re playing an mmo for free.

It’s not free. They paid the initial cost. And then are buying gems. Is why most mmo go “free” to play. It’s makes them more money then monthly subs do. And when you are PAYING for something, you are supposed to GET something for your money. This is a game with features, in this case, skins, we are paying for. We aren’t going to a casino or buying lottery tickets. And if they want to model gambling, they can get a gambling license from every country they operate in.

in Dragon Bash

Kal Spiro.9745

Cheer up, you’re playing an mmo for free.

It’s not free. They paid the initial cost. And then are buying gems. Is why most mmo go “free” to play. It’s makes them more money then monthly subs do. And when you are PAYING for something, you are supposed to GET something for your money. This is a game with features, in this case, skins, we are paying for. We aren’t going to a casino or buying lottery tickets. And if they want to model gambling, they can get a gambling license from every country they operate in.

You never did. When did you pay for a skin? At what point did you click on a skin and say I’ll buy that, then follow through with the purchase. Where is your mail saying you purchased this skin, here it is?

They bought an RNG box, that they knew was an RNG box. They purchased a small chance to WIN an item they HOPED they would get. Then they didn’t get it and complained that they didn’t get what they wanted. Well guess what, they didn’t get what they wanted, but they did absolutely get exactly what they paid for.

in Dragon Bash

swiftpaw.6397

Sounds like you don’t really have time to be playing the game. That’s too bad. Why does that mean you should just get a thing? No MMO will ever, nor should ever, be designed to accomodate those small few who don’t actually have enough time to play it. If you don’t understand why that is, or feel that isn’t how it should be, then I really can’t help you.

Another assumption. I do not expect to just ‘get a thing’ I am explaining why I and many others are grinding non stop since event has started. I find it kinda sad and also rather detestable that you would lump hard working individuals into this ‘ungrateful and expect everything for nothing boat.’ If you don’t understand that, then I really can’t help you.