Your favourite thing about Dragon Bash?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Shezu Tsukai.8291

Shezu Tsukai.8291

The story line/acting from “Dead End” on is awesome!!!

The armor and weapons from both Jade (love the Canthan influence there) and the new antagonists rock.

Lastly the two new npc’s look and sound amazing! Hope their armor and weapons become available.

Verum et Vitae

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ShadyNZL.9018

ShadyNZL.9018

Doing Dragon Ball Bash – truth be told…when there were no afkers there were some seriously good and close games that came down to the wire!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Durganprime.9153

Durganprime.9153

Dragon Ball has been awesome! I do hope next year it will be more rewarding than 1 coffer per win.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

I usually don’t like PvP, but the Dragon Ball is simply awesome :-)

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I don’t like PvP too much, but I do enjoy some Dragon Ball. I guess its because I get that GW1 nostalgia moment.
Also I love using holograms to clear out enemy mobs. I ran straight into a centaur blob yesterday, activated holo, then fought one while his buddies killed off the centaurs.

So now I have no centaurs to deal with, holos were damaged, and I already killed off one of their buddies.

It is GO TIME!

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lianna.6980

Lianna.6980

Dragon Ball game – first I thought “ah, yet another strange game with no sense”, but after two games I liked it. Reminds me of old Doom/Quake fights.

Fantastic cutscene – absolutely stunning!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Pisak.8507

Pisak.8507

The bar cutscene – loved that.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: TheMagickDoll.7594

TheMagickDoll.7594

RAVE: Marjory’s Journal <3

RANT: Freaking hated weapon ticket RNG B.S. Stop with it already, I would have gladly spent quite a few dollars collecting a bunch of weapon skins, but instead we had this crap again. Not getting anymore money from me when it comes to this weapon ticket box SCAM. Just sell the weapon skins via gem store. Who ever came up with this RNG horror needs to be fired and someone else better put in that isn’t screwing the costumer base.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: StriderShinryu.6923

StriderShinryu.6923

Favourite? Probably the ongoing story. While I would have liked there to be a little more investigation to the actual investigation, I’ve found myself really enjoying the storyline. I especially like the rapid yet meaningful progression. I also quite like the new characters (and continued use of older ones like Kiel and Kasmeer).

Least favourite? Randomness. I appreciate that at least the regular coffers are easy to get which sort of off sets just how low your chances are for getting a ticket, but I still don’t see why the tickets have to be random or nothing. Leave the random in, but also offer direct purchase (either through the gem store or the player market) and/or collect and trade options as well. Basically, go back to the SAB way of doing things. I have no interest in buying the absurdly expensive wings with candy, but I see no reason why I shouldn’t be able to trade some of the candy I’ve collected for a ticket.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Harlekin.2981

Harlekin.2981

RAVE: Marjory’s Journal <3

RANT: Freaking hated weapon ticket RNG B.S. Stop with it already, I would have gladly spent quite a few dollars collecting a bunch of weapon skins, but instead we had this crap again. Not getting anymore money from me when it comes to this weapon ticket box SCAM. Just sell the weapon skins via gem store. Who ever came up with this RNG horror needs to be fired and someone else better put in that isn’t screwing the costumer base.

I guess no one really likes it but I am absolutely sure that Anet/NcSoft are making a hell of a lot of money this way. And why should they stop using this tactics for (probably a lot) less money?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

As much as I complain about this RNG business and how this event felt like a pure grind, the story is what made this event a win for me.

I hoped that the story would make me enjoy this event with everything else that I disliked about it, and it didn’t disappoint. Especially that cut scene. That was very well done.

So in the end, I was happy with the storyline presented.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Harlekin.2981

Harlekin.2981

Yes, I also loved the cutscene and the storytelling. If they continue to do it that way, I will be counting days prior to every single update. :-)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Noir Logan. Such a sexy beast!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: JGBarbarian.3579

JGBarbarian.3579

The cutscene (tho I liked many things)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Coco.3021

Coco.3021

The decorations in LA, and the reduced requirement for the meta.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

my favorite thing was finding that the tavern up by the vista in traders forum in lions arch plays a tune every 4 minutes, I heard at least 2 different ones and one of those was the dragon bash one. Not something I saw advertised anywhere, just sneakily added into the game which is awesome to find.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It’s strange, but I thought the most fun thing about the event was the Moa Races. Just chasing them around the track, yelling encouragements at my chosen moa while others were doing the same, was surprisingly entertaining.

I suppose I also can’t complain about the large sums of gold I made selling my Dragon Coffers.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ShadyNZL.9018

ShadyNZL.9018

Yeah that bar cut scene was done so well that as a usual person that skips cut scenes I actually watched and re watched…. go figure…something was done right =)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

favorite things from best toward worst
cutscene was awesome i loved it
wasnt too bad of a story kept me interested throughout the event
dragon ball was awesome to play i liked it although i stunk at it
i liked the moas races a bit high for a fee to bet but i enjoyed them and got my mini
free minis for gem store purchase
the wing skins(i got both sets)
fireworks you received via coffer really like setting those of
fireworks in the square and the ones on the fort(only thing was how they set up timing of them had everyone screwed up only disappointment)
rng chests were done well although i didnt do well(no weapon skin for me) but this iin no way should discourage them from doing it this way again.
burning the effigy thought that was a nice run around enjoyed you had to dance to burn them
actually id call this a big success if it wasnt for the miscomunication about the timing of fireworks and the dragonball achievements not counting

the fireworks timing left a sour note and hope they do a set schedule next time and if this would have been the case i would have said great bash… im giving the whole thing 8 out of 10.. so good job anet

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Gotta admit that cutscene at the Dead End was pretty awesome, and just edges out being able to barf at the stupid genie (who I wish I was able to kill).

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

“No names. I was never here.”

Followed almost immediately by “LADY KASMEER!?!?!?”

Way to be discrete Logan.

But yeah, that cut scene ruled.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Flubble.8093

Flubble.8093

my favourite thing was having it spoiled for me on facebook…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Druj Rosenkloitz.3729

Druj Rosenkloitz.3729

I think what I like the most of this event is the fact that it brings memories of the old Guild Wars events, such as The Mad King and Wintersday (which we have seen already and they were awesome). This little details, the candies, the treat bags, the riduculusly low chance of a rare drop which make you even more fond of that rare piece.

I know most people complain that the chance of drop is too low, but it is only because you can actually buy the coffers and even then the chance is low, if you don’t want to buy coffers then farm the even lower chance green coffers, if you don’t want to pay nor grind then you shouldn’t be playing MMOs.

I think Arenanet has done an awesome job with this event and the fact that we even got a storyline will make it more memorable. Just now I realized that this year we will have the very first Guild Wars 2 Anniversary, I hope that Arenanet prepares a kitten event for this date. Hopefully with the return of the Super Adventure Box 2.0 ;-)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Starscream.6498

Starscream.6498

Marjory Delaqua.

Amazingly intriguing character, imo.

Also the Dragon Bash song, and the Scooby Doo reference when you blow Mai Trin's cover

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

My fav thing about Dragon bash is the Dragon Ranger.
The helm+arah amour+shatterer dragon wings compliments each other well.

Attachments:

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Stinson.5972

Stinson.5972

Favorites:
- Lion’s Arch decoration – awesome as always, good as Wintersday.
- Hologram fighting out in the open world, not just hanging out in an instance
- Amazing design work on the Dragon skins. Two tickets so far and can’t decide between them.

Always love the festival events.