bought gems but no free minis, none for you!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Special K.8143

Special K.8143

Did you buy gems with real money? Are you patiently waiting for your mail with the free Dragon Bash minis that everyone else is getting, but haven’t gotten it yet? Guess what? …… You …. aren’t….. getting …. it!

http://s13.postimg.org/m45e99r3p/Untitled.png

So, if you don’t know, people who purchased gems in the past get free minis. If you purchased gems with money and DIDN’T get the free minis by now, guess what… you’re not getting them. Even though people who never bought gems are getting the free minis.

Why aren’t some of us getting the free minis that everyone else is getting despite buying gems with real money in the past? Because you didn’t by them between August 28th 2012 and June 9th 2013. So, if you are like me and bought 2400 gems before August 28th during the Head Start time, you aren’t “loyal” enough. Apparently the $30 i spent on top of the $80 i spent for the deluxe edition isn’t being as loyal as buying the regular edition for $30 and then $10 worth of gems a month ago.

It’s unacceptable that “Head Start” gem purchases aren’t taken into account in the fact that people bought gems before June 9th to be eligible for a free promotion. Please make your voices heard on this thread to make sure it is noticed and people are aware and unhappy about this.

Please, do not bother posting if you just want to point out that 500 gems is currently only worth 16.5g and thats what we are missing out on. Thats besides the point.

edit I’m not guessing that i won’t receive the minis for the reasons i stated. I opened a Support Ticket and they told me thats why. They said they have on record that i purchased gems before August 28th but only purchases ON August 28th or AFTER it are eligible for the free promotion and there is nothing they will do about it. Feel free to open your own support ticket and see if you get the same response.

(edited by Special K.8143)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Self Ignition.1640

Self Ignition.1640

Just wow… I am in the same situation with the ‘head start’ purchase of gems.

Not that i can’t afford to buy those minis, but that is not the point. The point is that we did buy gems for money, even more, we paid for them upfront (that is how we trusted ANet) and still it is not enough.

Disappointed….

[sW] Self – SFR EU

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: AngryYoda.1345

AngryYoda.1345

wow, i never knew there was a limited time period for this..that kinda sucks.. i did get my mini but this is just unacceptable

AngryYoda
Tarnished Coast

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

You know, I actually think it would be best if ArenaNet never gave us anything at all under any circumstances.

As for the actual reason for this situation it might simply be that the record they use for this giveaway simply started at the actual release of the game, and they simply don’t bother with manually checking every single account created before that for possible gem purchases.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Dark Knight I I I.2940

Dark Knight I I I.2940

Well, that is great to know that I’m not going to get anything from them…

Leader of Dont Ask for Help [Noob]
Fort Aspenwood

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mr Quinn.9815

Mr Quinn.9815

I got my mini … only, it’s gone now, so don’t worry if you didn’t get one, they disappear anyway.

:(

this notice was brought to you by a Misguided Misfit

in Dragon Bash

lordkrall.7241

I got my mini … only, it’s gone now, so don’t worry if you didn’t get one, they disappear anyway.

:(

They are put into the collectible tab in your bank if you press the deposit all collectibles, so check there

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

I don’t understand. The thing said gems purchased between dates X and Y were eligible. You didn’t purchase gems before X and Y. Therefore no free goodies.

Anet set restrictions, you didn’t fall within them. I don’t see this as your fault or their’s. Just the circumstances of this situation.

What is more interesting is the consumer mindset you have that leads you to believe because you did something once, a long time ago, you should be entitled to something else even though you fall outside of the restriction. And is that mindset limited to games or digital goods? Because no other promotion or give-away works that way (example: bring in receipt if you purchased X before Y get J for free of 20% off K).

Honestly your rant comes off as a little Veruca Salt-y since the restrictions of the promotion were clear and you didn’t meet them, but also because the spirit of the promotion was “Thank you for your CONTINUED support”. Its right there in the mail they send you that comes with the minis. You haven’t CONTINUED to support them post-launch through gem purchases. You supported them pre-launch. Which is great and all. A lot of people did. But Pre and Continued aren’t the same thing.

For supporting them Pre launch you received a three day headstart. For buying the deluxe edition you got an elite skill, a mini and some consumables. You received your perks in full. But if you want to get stuff for continuing to support the game, then you should continue to support it instead of shouting “Hey! Hey! Remember me? I gave you a few bucks 11 months ago before the actual launch date. That means I should get all the stuff to!”

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

(edited by AcidicVision.5498)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

It’s weird I’ve bought so many things from the gemstone between the required period and haven’t received the minis yet. They said they are sending them out in waves but it has been a few days hopefully ill get them soon..

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

wow, i never knew there was a limited time period for this..that kinda sucks.. i did get my mini but this is just unacceptable

Yeah, man! Thanking players who’ve purchased gems with cosmetic gifts based on a nine+ month period is totally unacceptable!

:V

Thanks for the minis, Anet.

in Dragon Bash

lordkrall.7241

It’s weird I’ve bought so many things from the gemstone between the required period and haven’t received the minis yet. They said they are sending them out in waves but it has been a few days hopefully ill get them soon..

Have you bought the gems with real money or with gold?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

I do think they should have covered gem purchases for the pre-release days in the promotion. It is unfortunate that they overlooked those pre-release purchases (I assume that to be an oversight, it would be daft to exclude them on puprose)

I also agree that the terms are spelled out clear as day, so ranting against a support drone thats just doing their 9-5 day job is pointless. If you want to get that changed you have to escalate it with the proper reason. I dont give it much of a chance anyway though.

in Dragon Bash

Special K.8143

I don’t understand. The thing said gems purchased between dates X and Y were eligible. You didn’t purchase gems before X and Y. Therefore no free goodies.

Anet set restrictions, you didn’t fall within them. I don’t see this as your fault or their’s. Just the circumstances of this situation.

For supporting them Pre launch you received a three day headstart. For buying the deluxe edition you got an elite skill, a mini and some consumables. You received your perks in full. But if you want to get stuff for continuing to support the game, then you should continue to support it instead of shouting “Hey! Hey! Remember me? I gave you a few bucks 11 months ago before the actual launch date. That means I should get all the stuff to!”

If Anet set a date of, lets say, between Nov 1, 2012 and June 9th 2013, i wouldn’t be complaining. They would have exclude months of time out of the total 9 months that the Gem Store has been up to where gems were purchasable. But they didn’t. They excluded all gem purchases before the small time period before August 28th that gems were available for purchase, which is a very small fraction of time of the 9 months.

And I supported the game just like anyone else did. I spent real money for an ingame currency that i didn’t have to spend to further support Anet on top of the price of the game. I could have just farmed the gold and trade for gems, but i didn’t. Spending actual money on top of the price of the game is “continued support”.

It comes down to the dates they picked to exclude people from the promotion. Our gem purchases on August 25th shows just as much support as someone else’s gem purchase on August 28th. Period.

in Dragon Bash

lordkrall.7241

It comes down to the dates they picked to exclude people from the promotion. Our gem purchases on August 25th shows just as much support as someone else’s gem purchase on August 28th. Period.

But the game had not officially launched before August 28th.

It was also possible to buy gem during the last BWE, should they also be included?
They had to draw the line somewhere, and the most logical was to draw it at the actual release.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Dragon Bash

Special K.8143

If Anet took money in exchange for gems, yes, it should be included. There is no difference to the level of “supporting” the game when you buy the gems before August 28th than after August 28th. Its a very small amount of time they are excluding from the promotion and essentially saying “even though you purchased our virtual currency, even though you didn’t have too, it doesn’t count as supporting our game, because you gave us money too soon.” And this promotion isn’t rewarding something tangible, there aren’t “limited supplies” of these minis packs that they are running out of. There is no reason to exclude “early supporters”. Again, as I said before, If the promotion was started tracking in November verses the very beginning of the game, i wouldn’t have said a thing.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lethorio.1360

Lethorio.1360

I’m in the same boat. I’ve bought plenty of gems and have yet to receive the mini pack.