free dragon bash mini pack

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: arjov.8649

arjov.8649

guildies are receiving free mini pack with a letter thanking them for buying gems….the funny part is they never bought gems.
i didn’t receive it and i bought gems several times.

wow

(edited by Moderator)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Either this is a really nice gesture (possible), or a bribe so that people keep their mouth shut and not rage (what i think it could be since im a cynical pessimistic kitten).

http://s13.postimg.org/m45e99r3p/Untitled.png

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

(edited by Moderator)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Grim.6415

Grim.6415

I’m sure it will take time for them to roll this out to all the people if that is in fact legit.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: samrogan.9132

samrogan.9132

That is really great! I got one also! Now I can make the colossus without breaking the bank too badly! Excited!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

I can understand buying gems/gem cards and getting special rewards. It’s not exactly new in the digital goods world, but it’s curious why they’d start doing it now.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

Did they buy gem today? I did not get one either and bought gems within the last week

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ssilvak.9781

Ssilvak.9781

Same for me …

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

I have bought over 10000 gems and didn’t got, maybe tomorrow

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

I smell something fishy

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: TastyMuskrat.3794

TastyMuskrat.3794

I also bought gems once, about 5 months back. Nothing in my mail.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lusts.3890

Lusts.3890

Yeah, I’ve spent I believe over 100-300$ on Gems since launch, including a 50-75$ purchase during Halloween for the costumes, and I never got the pack. =/

Please support your love for the Log-In Screen!
V Click Here! V
http://tinyurl.com/kb5jo4l

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Hedge.8760

Hedge.8760

I’ve bought about 5-6000 gems and I didn’t get anything either. Maybe they’re just selecting people at random?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sophia.6482

Sophia.6482

some guildies of mine also received and some didnt…but the ones that didnt are slowly getting them now.. u will get them jjust give it time xD

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: God of Gods.7235

God of Gods.7235

i’ve spent prob. over 1000 bucks in the gems store and have gotten no free minis

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

It could be taking a while to generate to everyone. I got mine just now. And it seemed to be pretty delayed compared to everyone else I knew and that was around me.

Either way, Thank you ANet. I really appreciate it. <3

Make sure your mail isn’t full though. Since that is always a issue with TP stuff it might cause this not to show up either.

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

in Dragon Bash

Andele.1306

I can understand buying gems/gem cards and getting special rewards. It’s not exactly new in the digital goods world, but it’s curious why they’d start doing it now.

Lets see, they do 3 events that people generally called Meh and now one that is kittenting on a good tradition of all GW1 players… yeha i kinda think its a bribe to make people say awww how nice, thanks a-net and forget about what they are doing… Also remember it are account bound special event minis, not something that has any great game value even for achivement whores/completionist unlike the weapon skins…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Taegos.4132

Taegos.4132

yea its random as crap, ive spent a fair amount on the gem store but havent gotten it

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

I got it just now

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Gwaiyn.4395

Gwaiyn.4395

i don’t get this community some times

a-net decides to be nice and gives everyone that bought gems a free dragon bash mini pack

then, all of a sudden it turns into a bribe from anet? do people REALLY see it as some fake gesture to players in an attempt to make themselves look nice?

it couldn’t just be, well, you know, a GIFT?

Gwaiyn – 80 Thief
Ryfaul – 80 Warrior
Fluene – 80 Mesmer

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kiba Shadowpaw.3657

Kiba Shadowpaw.3657

heh its ok, My fiancee and I bought gems on the same day (two different accounts) and she got her mini pack and I have yet to recieve mine..

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ArmoredVehicle.2849

ArmoredVehicle.2849

My guildies received this too, and only the ones that paid real money for the gems. So with this I presume they didn’t put the box in TP on purpose, those who pay real money get the privilege of getting it first and free.

To the ones that can’t or didn’t spend real money (which I happen to be one of them) they have to wait and of course won’t be getting it free either.

Thanks, I won’t forget such an insult.

in Dragon Bash

Andele.1306

i don’t get this community some times

a-net decides to be nice and gives everyone that bought gems a free dragon bash mini pack

then, all of a sudden it turns into a bribe from anet? do people REALLY see it as some fake gesture to players in an attempt to make themselves look nice?

it couldn’t just be, well, you know, a GIFT?

Oh im not saying it couldnt, but with how they are treating the events/festivals/traditions from GW, i dont think thakittens a actual gift/thanks to the players, but you gave us money before so here take this so that you aint kitten ed off at us. Then again i am a cynical kitten.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

It’s just a gift for supporting the game since launch. It’s not asking you to do anything, you already did it.
You should feel warm and toasty.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lusts.3890

Lusts.3890

Yeah, I’ve spent I believe over 100-300$ on Gems since launch, including a 50-75$ purchase during Halloween for the costumes, and I never got the pack. =/

Update on my post. I just got it! I am guessing their mail servers are being hammered right now. I guess be patient and they’ll be delivered to you shortly?

Please support your love for the Log-In Screen!
V Click Here! V
http://tinyurl.com/kb5jo4l

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

Just got it so it may be running late

in Dragon Bash

Andele.1306

Btw have a post on it too and, just to say, its kinda a bribe for those that have gotten multiple gem purchases for how meh last few events were and how much Dragon Bash is slaughtering the Dragon Festival in cold blood and cow pies…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

A lot of people will have bought gems between launch and now. If they tried to send all those packs out at once they’d probably crash the server, so they’re probably doing it in batches.

Give it a day or so and if you still haven’t gotten them (and you’ve bought gems) then contact support.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Cthaeh.4356

Cthaeh.4356

“Arenanet did something nice for me in exchange for my ongoing financial support, better go cry about this on the forums!”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: tfwzyko.3516

tfwzyko.3516

It’s just a gift for supporting the game since launch. It’s not asking you to do anything, you already did it.

i thought preordering the game and playing since launch was supporting the game but meh… i must be wrong, right?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Considering I was planning to buy 2 packs so I could get all the minis I’m pretty happy with this.

Yes it still sucks that they’re still doing RNG boxes, but on that side of things I’ll be voting with my wallet by once again not buying them. Hopefully if enough people do they’ll be forced to stop doing them.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: TastyMuskrat.3794

TastyMuskrat.3794

I think it’s great that they gave us something, it’s kinda cool. But really, everyone has been flaming the past few months. You can’t tell me it doesn’t have even the slightest bit to do with that?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

I smell something fishy

Time to go in the shower.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Dragon Bash

Andele.1306

“Arenanet gave me something so that i forget the in game bullkitten they are doing to the entire community, so that i dont stop my ongoing financial support, better go get trolled by a blind kitten”

Fixed this for you. Look as i said before, a nice gesture doesnt mean its a honest one, if they would wanna say thanks to the people that spen 10$~ pre month for random gems since they like the game, they shouldnt treat the events that influence everyone as money flowing in from boxes in that you dont get a single jade skin despite dropping 50$ on it (i didnt personally since i learned it on mad kings, but you still get a nice ton of forum posts about the results).

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

“Arenanet did something nice for me in exchange for my ongoing financial support, better go cry about this on the forums!”

Lol, that’s exactly what I thought about this discussion.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: babak.3654

babak.3654

Got this too just now. Nice of them to do, and would be churlish to say otherwise. Can’t say it makes me feel any better about the direction or state of the game though.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

i thought preordering the game and playing since launch was supporting the game but meh… i must be wrong, right?

Yes. Some supported it even more than that.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: SacredSeal.7053

SacredSeal.7053

I wonder do u get it for just buying gems in general or only if u used real world money to get gems?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

Very smart marketing, if people feel they are rewarded for (wasting)/spending money they will be more inclined to do so again at a later time.

I’m looking at you RNG boxes. >.>

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

And just when I thought I had seen everything on the forums… you NEVER cease to amaze me guys… At this rate Anet will have to shut down the game because every little thing that they do is wrong.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

Guys , cleanse some of your mail out..i didnt get any either till i deleted a few mail and recieved mine

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kaizz.7306

Kaizz.7306

Not random, just takes some time. A few guildies got there’s about 20 minutes before me and some others did.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: cpg.7140

cpg.7140

I didn’t get mine until I switched to a different character. Probably just a coincidence though.

Hobwash
[TAS] – The Asuran Squad
Devona’s Rest

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Adventurous Cookie.1658

Adventurous Cookie.1658

sometimes you must rule with iron fist or people will roll over you.

Anet, you’re breaking my heart! You’re going down a path I cannot follow!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

All you checked if your mails box aren’t full ? If they are full, you will not receive any mails…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: William Fairfield.1428

William Fairfield.1428

Game Designer

These are being given out in waves to avoid a strain on our mailing birds. They are not super birds!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

I love how people can’t just get something without assuming there is some dark motive.

Thanks ANet for the thank you and please ignore all the complainers. We will keep supporting you.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Raesin.2908

Raesin.2908

My guildies received this too, and only the ones that paid real money for the gems. So with this I presume they didn’t put the box in TP on purpose, those who pay real money get the privilege of getting it first and free.

To the ones that can’t or didn’t spend real money (which I happen to be one of them) they have to wait and of course won’t be getting it free either.

Thanks, I won’t forget such an insult.

Are you really that bitter about getting things either a few days later or having to pay?
It’s like asking why the mechanic won’t fix your car when you refuse to pay him.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Venbloodblade.1093

Venbloodblade.1093

I’ve got this horrible itching feeling that this could be a “we’re sorry you spent gems on rich dragon coffers thinking you’d get a weapon skin ticket, here’s some minis!” But I’d like to think this is just out of the generosity of their hearts.

in Dragon Bash

Andele.1306

These are being given out in waves to avoid a strain on our mailing birds. They are not super birds!

Can i ask one thing, why are you giving away free minis instead of improving the way you organize the events and gem store? A better way of thanking people that continue buying gems is to actually remove the gamble from the gem system (also reducing the amount of gold transfered into gems to compensate for the RNG).

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

Just wanted to say thanks a bunch for the free mini’s Anet! They’re pretty neat.