free dragon bash mini pack

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

Thanks for the free minis

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Thervold.2940

Thervold.2940

These are being given out in waves to avoid a strain on our mailing birds. They are not super birds!

Are you kidding? Those little birds dive into the deepest dungeons of Tyira, the darkest waters of Orr, and within the chaos of WvW… they are indeed super birds!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: SallyStitches.4096

SallyStitches.4096

These are being given out in waves to avoid a strain on our mailing birds. They are not super birds!

Can i ask one thing, why are you giving away free minis instead of improving the way you organize the events and gem store? A better way of thanking people that continue buying gems is to actually remove the gamble from the gem system (also reducing the amount of gold transfered into gems to compensate for the RNG).

Or you could, you know, thank them for something they didn’t have to do.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I love how people can’t just get something without assuming there is some dark motive.

Thanks ANet for the thank you and please ignore all the complainers. We will keep supporting you.

You just don’t see it do you ? Theyre forcing RNG stuff on us,and now are thanking the people that Did buy gems…To push people into keep buying more gems,since now people think theyre getting rewarded for it ( Woof Woof…..give the dog a bone ).
What about the people that just Bought guild wars 2,is that not supportive enough ? No..They are not entitlted to a mini,because they havent spend a dime yet…Yeah,if you can;t see whats wrong with this,i bet you never will.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ArmoredVehicle.2849

ArmoredVehicle.2849

My guildies received this too, and only the ones that paid real money for the gems. So with this I presume they didn’t put the box in TP on purpose, those who pay real money get the privilege of getting it first and free.

To the ones that can’t or didn’t spend real money (which I happen to be one of them) they have to wait and of course won’t be getting it free either.

Thanks, I won’t forget such an insult.

Are you really that bitter about getting things either a few days later or having to pay?
It’s like asking why the mechanic won’t fix your car when you refuse to pay him.

Your reply doesn’t make any sense, If I had to take my car or anything else that needs a repair I would surely pay for the service, My point is completely different than that.

I paid for the game like everyone else, just because others have bought gems with real money that doesn’t mean they should get a better treatment.

If this was one of the many free to play (F2P) games out there I wouldn’t have anything to say.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If it is an apology for the RNG then it’s a bit illogical. “Hey, sorry you wasted so much money trying to get weapon skins, here’s some minis, and by the way you can try again for skins!”

But I’m happy. I refuse to touch the RNG boxes so I’ve never wasted my money (and I’m not going to do it now either) but I do collect minis and this saved me buying a second set for the Colossus.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Finally got mine and then they showed up in the gem store so was able to pick up the extra set for the MF mini. So thanks for that. Saved me 500 gems.

See I don’t mind giving Anet money for stuff like this. I know what I am getting and I am getting it directly. I don’t have to gamble my money away for a chance at what I want. But this RNG stuff is just making me want to leave this game.

Sure short term you’re making a lot of money off the RNG “suckers”, but long term, you end up losing players like myself who are willing to spend money, but won’t cause of your RNG tactics. You end up losing loyalty and respect from your customers and end up losing players and money cause you wanted to make a quick buck with these gamble tactics of yours.

In the end, this is going to hurt them in the long run, which is what really matters.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: calankh.3248

calankh.3248

Shouldn’t be surprised by people being upset about a gift, but I’m happy for my minis. I’ve not bought a ton of gems, and I just wanted to say I appreciate that they are including everyone in the giveaway.

As a side note because somehow this has people complaining about RNG stuff—no one’s forcing you to do anything. I don’t like them, so I don’t buy them. Saying they’re forced on you is like saying they’re forcing town clothes on you, it just makes you sound silly. They’re an option for you to purchase, if you don’t like them, don’t get them.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

I love how people can’t just get something without assuming there is some dark motive.

Thanks ANet for the thank you and please ignore all the complainers. We will keep supporting you.

Lol, so naive… This is merely a marketing trick. You get a thank you with something worthless in terms of game currency along with a thanks for your support when they know people have started to complain about their current content release pattern. This is no different than going to Subway and getting a foot long for only 5$ if you buy a coke or buy this whole set of furniture and get this table free. Is just an intensive to take your money, to make you think the company cares about you.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Technically, they are not free, since they must’ve purchased gems to begin with.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Grim.6415

Grim.6415

Lol, so naive… This is merely a marketing trick. You get a thank you with something worthless in terms of game currency along with a thanks for your support when they know people have started to complain about their current content release pattern. This is no different than going to Subway and getting a foot long for only 5$ if you buy a coke or buy this whole set of furniture and get this table free. Is just an intensive to take your money, to make you think the company cares about you.

Actually it’s very different because when you chose to spend your money on the item you got that item. The furniture store didn’t show up months later with a free end table when I bought my bedroom set. But you know if they did… I would say thank you.

There’s nothing wrong with Anet encouraging people to continue supporting the game. Without those willing to spend money on the gem store this game would not have the staff capable of continuing to produce the content other players are enjoying for free. It’s not an evil motive, it’s just business.

A better analogy would probably be that if everyone paid admission to the fair but only those that spend money on tickets for rides are sent a free stuffed animal as a thank you months later, then no one would be angry. Only because it’s entitled gamers on the internet does this because a cause for complaint.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

This is trick to sell more “Rich Dragon Coffers or Gold”

Mystic forge recipe
3 holographic minis (one of each)
1 Risen Knight (only found in “Rich Dragon Coffers”)
= 1 Mini Holographic Colossus

This will cause the “Risen Knight” price to skyrocket in the TP. Making people buy gold or gems, if they want the Mini Holographic Colossus.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

My Rich Dragon Coffer gave me a whopping 15 Zhaitafy and 2 steaks. Well worth the 3.5G that I spent on 100 gems to try it out. Boy am I NEVER buying anything like that from the TP again.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

risen knight is not only found in rich dragon coffers, but I don’t expect people to have a clue on what they are saying.

Thanks Arenanet, appreciate it.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Seraki.2753

Seraki.2753

Thanks for the minis! Note said for buying gems between launch and last Sunday on mine.

in Dragon Bash

Danikat.8537

Mystic forge recipe

This will cause the “Risen Knight” price to skyrocket in the TP. Making people buy gold or gems, if they want the Mini Holographic Colossus.

If that’s the plan it’s not working very well. When I logged on 3 hours ago the Knights were selling for about 3g, now they’re down to 2g and there’s already over 500 on sale. I suspect most of those have come from the free coffers, I know someone in my guild who has been farming them has just gotten his 3rd Knight.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ArmoredVehicle.2849

ArmoredVehicle.2849

Those people that think ANet is being generous by giving you free packs as a thanks for supporting the game you’re quite wrong, you already gave them your money and a free packs means nothing compared to the 10 bucks you’ve paid don’t let the chest blind you.

While it’s true you’re supporting the game, you’re also encouraging them to keep the RNG stuff.

If you buy a bunch of these chests with your hard earned money and get junk, don’t come crying on the forums you got nothing good, it will be all your fault.

I’ve already seen a few people complain about this very reason and it’s their own fault. If there’s a lesson to be learned, that is they shouldn’t support these methods, use the brain and judge with the wallet next time.

in Dragon Bash

Danikat.8537

Those people that think ANet is being generous by giving you free packs as a thanks for supporting the game you’re quite wrong, you already gave them your money and a free packs means nothing compared to 10 bucks.

While it’s true you’re supporting the game, you’re also encouraging them to keep the RNG stuff.

If you buy a bunch of these chests with your hard earned money and get junk, don’t come crying on the forums you got nothing good, it will be all your fault.

I’ve already seen a few people complain about this very reason and it’s their own fault. If there’s a lesson to be learned, that is they shouldn’t support these methods, use the brain and judge with the wallet next time.

Yes you had to have given them money previously, but you also got something in return for that money already.

I bought gems and then used the gems to buy minis and a character slot. As far as I’m concerned I got my moneys worth in the original transaction(s), otherwise I wouldn’t have paid for it. So to me this is a free extra.

I can see how people who bought RNG boxes hoping for a weapon skin and lost out might feel like it’s a poor attempt to compensate them for the money they lost, but based on this thread most of the people who are happy about getting the minis are not in that position because they had the sense not to buy the boxes in the first place.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Grim.6415

Grim.6415

Those people that think ANet is being generous by giving you free packs as a thanks for supporting the game you’re quite wrong, you already gave them your money and a free packs means nothing compared to the 10 bucks you’ve paid don’t let the chest blind you.

Not if I don’t buy RNG stuff.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kyven.7514

Kyven.7514

Exactly what Danikat said. I don’t do the RNG boxes for this reason, I don’t care about fancy skins or minis. So this is a free gift to me. It isn’t a bribe, it isn’t a trick to blind me to the dark motives the game’s developers may or may not have to make me not notice the current state of the game and how little they listen to us and other tinfoil hat conspiracies. It’s only a gift with 3 minis I can say “oh cool!” and toss into my bank.

Thank you Anet, I appreciate it.

Lareswen-Human Warrior/Zinnia Epsilon-Asura Mesmer
The Tyrian Institute (TI)
One of the few Americans on Gunnar’s Hold (EU)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Marxo.3829

Marxo.3829

Thanks for the minis Anet

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

I am a super Bird.
You should hire me instead.

~Commander Bird Song for mailman 2013

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

I have bought over 10000 gems and didn’t got, maybe tomorrow

+1 for that friendly optimism

no raging in the forums just because you didnt get the minis immediatly
keep that attitude^^

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sapphirine.1023

Sapphirine.1023

Thanks a lot for the free minipets, that was a really nice surprise!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Thanks for the minis. Some people are just so bitter that everything is wrong for them.

Also, delaying the mini pets sale until the gift is fully sent out is a good idea or i would probably have bought 2 sets before i knew of the free gift.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: blackgoat.5172

blackgoat.5172

I don’t really care about mini’s, but I still appreciate the gesture. Thanks for the freebies!

Káge – 80 Thief / Asháman – 80 Elementalist
Project Mayhem A multigaming, PVx social guild on Dragonbrand
Dragonbrand Community Forums

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Flick of the vale.2065

Flick of the vale.2065

I have probably bought close to 50,000 gems. I never received this mini pack. kinda wierd since ppl i play with say they never bought any gems and they have received.

Do i get one?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I have probably bought close to 50,000 gems. I never received this mini pack. kinda wierd since ppl i play with say they never bought any gems and they have received.

Do i get one?

Try deleting some old mail and see if that works. Sometimes it gets full.

Otherwise might just be behind. If you still don’t have it by tomorrow then might be an issue.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Flick of the vale.2065

Flick of the vale.2065

Did that. hoping its just an issue that is fixed. Does this count for ppl that spend coin to buy gems, or just the ppl that pay cash for gems?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Did that. hoping its just an issue that is fixed. Does this count for ppl that spend coin to buy gems, or just the ppl that pay cash for gems?

I believe its cash only.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

They should have announced this ahead of time. I was on the fence of buying more gems just this past Sunday. If I had not already bought gems in the past, this would have certainly motivate me to buy them the other day.

It’s a nice gesture and I was happy to see it

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: tovadaun.6304

tovadaun.6304

First, I want to say thank you to ANet for the Mini-Pak.
Second, I’d like to tell those here to keep your thoughts in ‘most’ cases to yourself in direct regards to your ‘psychic-divination’ of what you believe others do with the Gems they buy. Just because You or your Friend throw Gems away on RNG boxes most definitely does NOT factually conclude that every single player who buys Gems buys RNG boxes. Period.
I buy Gems every month. For multiple reasons. I have been used to paying a sub fee per month for over 6 years. Now, I have no such fee to HAVE to pay, so an amount of Gems that cost less than that fee is a luxury I now get to indulge in. I also get the personal satisfaction of knowing I am supporting a game that does NOT require any of it’s player base For Any Reason to pay a dime to play their game after the initial cost of purchasing the key. I have not ONCE bought an RNG box. I have however upgraded my bank, character slot, and (mostly because I felt like I wanted to) bought a Make-Over Kit. I am an adult. I chose what I wanted, and I paid for the services. I weighed the offered cost ANet gave vs the value I thought I was receiving, and I judged it to be within my tolerance limits. I Clicked The Confirm Button.
ANet never once FORCED me into any of those purchases. Not for the Gems themselves, or for the services received.
Just the same as those who DID chose to buy RNG boxes. They weighed the risks, and now must learn the lesson of life, and Take Responsibility For Their Actions.

It was not an apology from ANet I received, in these mini’s. They have a history of my purchases in my TP screen. They know I have not bought an RNG box.
I received a gift. A Thank You. A token of gratitude, possibly for a minute portion of someone’s paycheck others in this thread have made their day a nightmare.

I don’t care if ‘they have no in-game value’ Why on Earth should they be required to? Why should a gift NEED to be worth some form of currency to be a valid and worthy gift? If your child brought you a gift – for any reason at all – that had not discernible street value… Would you turn away in disgust as you have these mini’s? The next question, is WHY would it have to be your child to change that equation? Why can it not be ANet or some other RANDOM stranger giving you a small gift to uplift your day? Why are you such a money hoarding back biting person, that you cannot simply say:

Thank you, ANet.
I like the pets.

http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/
If in need, there’s help only a click away.

Kitta the Conjurer, Guardian- At Your Service- Yak’s Bend
Stuff! Stuffy stuff stuff stuff!!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Faranox.4217

Faranox.4217

This was a cool gift, thanks ANet.

Chops Mcgee, of Anvil Rock

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Illysharia.7286

Illysharia.7286

William, thank you for replying to this thread in such quick fashion.

Perhaps threads like this, some of which have over a hundred replies and thousands of views, could gain some official attention? We’re customers, Will. I think sometimes that is forgotten. If you haven’t been paying attention to the discontent to your RNG focus, now might be a good time.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/dragonbash/Out-of-25-Rich-Dragon-Coffers/page/3#post2197195 (5 thousand views in one day)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: lyanna.1830

lyanna.1830

I will be sitting at my window waiting for your mail birds with my minis.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

While I’m not a mini collector, this was still a pleasant surprise. Thanks for the free mini pack, ANet. (And no, I have no plans to get the Holographic Risen Knight or the Icebrood Colossus. Were the other 3 minis not account bound, I’d probably have sold them. XD)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Thanks for the gift guys! Cheers to more exciting endeavors in the future!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

mhm, i got them too. my beautiful minis – then i crafted them together to make a rock.. i’m sorry to those 4 minis ~ i’ll get them back by inverting the craft >.< i’ll get them back eventually.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Rhogall.4179

Rhogall.4179

My guildies received this too, and only the ones that paid real money for the gems. So with this I presume they didn’t put the box in TP on purpose, those who pay real money get the privilege of getting it first and free.

To the ones that can’t or didn’t spend real money (which I happen to be one of them) they have to wait and of course won’t be getting it free either.

Thanks, I won’t forget such an insult.

Translation: I’m a self entitled prick who thinks that everything should be given to me for free. I mean, how DARE anet show appreciation to the people who support them by buying gems and therefor keeping the game running. Seriously guys, what the H.

Tezz The Relentless – Vertically Challenged Guardian
Ilario Ciarenni – Mesmerizing Human Mesmer
[TEO] The Exalted Ones

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Be thankful you received the “Polla” Doll

I think it was nice to see that ArenaNet was thanking their paying fans. Even though I disagree on various ideas/implementations, I still support their overall goal and try to help keep a strong game.

To me, you still get a great bargain if you only purchased the game, but still get live updates, new content all throughout the year. Some of us have put in enough in the Gem Store to had purchased the game again (or more). So receiving 3 minis isn’t a huge leap.. lol

(edited by Antara.3189)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

My first thought on receiving this was that ArenaNet had stooped to drug-dealer tactics: The first hit’s free…

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Dark Knight I I I.2940

Dark Knight I I I.2940

Are these mini’s still being given out? can anyone confirm?

Leader of Dont Ask for Help [Noob]
Fort Aspenwood

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

“Arenanet gave me something so that i forget the in game bullkitten they are doing to the entire community, so that i dont stop my ongoing financial support, better go get trolled by a blind kitten”

Fixed this for you. Look as i said before, a nice gesture doesnt mean its a honest one, if they would wanna say thanks to the people that spen 10$~ pre month for random gems since they like the game, they shouldnt treat the events that influence everyone as money flowing in from boxes in that you dont get a single jade skin despite dropping 50$ on it (i didnt personally since i learned it on mad kings, but you still get a nice ton of forum posts about the results).

I think your childish post basically sums up the forum ragers. You act like you have been personally affronted but then concede that it wasnt you at all and it was actually other people you just want to use broken English and rage out.

Grow up dude.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Self Ignition.1640

Self Ignition.1640

Hello,

Does this ‘giveaway’ cover players who bought gems when the game was released? I bought about 2k gems at the end of the beta , so i would get them just when the game lunches. Can i expect such a mini-pack? Is there any date from which the gifts are given out?

Thank you in advance,
Self

[sW] Self – SFR EU

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Keep in mind that you had to purchase with real money. Just because you bought gems with gold doesn’t mean you should get a pack.

RIP in peace Robert

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Okhu.7948

Okhu.7948

Mystic forge recipe

Spreading false information makes you look like a scumbag steve. Risen Knight minipet is droppable from the regular dragon coffers that drop from regular mobs in the world. Please check your information before you just blab it out next time. Thanks. Also thanks again A-net for the “free” mini pets.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ozymandias.5704

Ozymandias.5704

This was a very nice gesture from ANet. I appreciate it.

It steam engines when it comes steam engine time.
- Charles Fort

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Midnight.9205

Midnight.9205

Like many in this thread, I also wanted to say thank you to the folks at ArenaNet – this was a very unexpected, very plesant surprise that really turned what was a pretty ordinary day into a very nice one!

Thank you, and please keep up the good work!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: SallyStitches.4096

SallyStitches.4096

Thanks for the minis, ANet! Ignore the complainers, they apparently have nothing better to do then whine about something they were given as a gift.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Havana.8625

Havana.8625

I spent $35 on gems, $25 through a gem card and $10 directly through credit card, but I haven’t gotten anything.

Edit: Finally got mine 20mins after writing this.

“We don’t need to make gear treadmills”
Colin Johanson on how arenanet measures success.
(Please no gear treadmills, Colin!)

(edited by Havana.8625)