how to farm 100k of Zhaitaffy?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Cloudwalkernz.1328

Cloudwalkernz.1328

Can some experts please share their secrets on how to get 100k of Zhaitaffy for the Dragon wing Backpack?

I have seen people with the backpack and they are on sale on TP so I assume it is possible to farm that many in just 3 days.

My best effort to date is about 250 a day. There is no way I can farm that many in 15 days before the event runs out.

Please helps.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: docbon.3486

docbon.3486

You don’t. You just buy it from the trading post for 20 gold.

edit: People who had it early on were just lucky enough to receive it as a rare drop from the dragon coffers.

[GAF] Dragula – Asuran Engineer, SBI

(edited by docbon.3486)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

Why would you want to trade candy for wings?

A the current price, 100k candy is around 8 pairs of wings.. if you sell the candy and buy them on TP. I guarantee you nobody has and probably never will trade candy for wings. maybe in 8 months when the price of a wing goes above 100g a piece.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

I farmed vizunas. pretty good way to get them.

in Dragon Bash

Cloudwalkernz.1328

lol thanks for the feedback. I was just trying to play the game the old fashion way. IE farm turn in candy for items.

But I guess it is kind of pointless if the target is impossible to achieve. Where it is better to just sell the candy and buy from the few who are lucky.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Ditto for all these layers/tiers for achievements. Is that all Anet has—just increase the quotas/amounts to some ridiculous amount and call it new content—-how sad.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I ate a bunch of candy real fast and threw up on a Ranger’s pet. Not kidding.

The Burninator

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

At least that was fun—eat a ton a candy real fast to get the achievemnet and then started throwing up as I ate—-now that made me chuckle. Could of used a few flying chunks in the graphics though.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

They shouda gone with 10,000. That would been plenty. 100,000? That’s just sadistic.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Shydo.9468

Shydo.9468

The throwing up after eating a bunch of candy (that gives you a speed boost) has been in WoW since the first Halloween event. Funny none-the-less.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Csele.1647

Csele.1647

yea im sure its a typo.. because 100 000 is really.. dumb

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

It just shows how much Anet thought this through.
I don’t know why people keep buying taffies since buying the wings is so much cheaper.

I got mine by killing a lvl 20ish baracuda, btw.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Avatara.1042

The taffy will never drop low enough in price to make buying the wings viable, because the food you can buy with taffy is actually quite good.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Let me see. 100,000 candies in 28 days. That’s only 3571.4 candies a day.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

Sounds about right

yea im sure its a typo.. because 100 000 is really.. dumb

I wish it was 10k, but 100k is not a typo, just mathematics :P

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Reivaxe.1358

Reivaxe.1358

lol thanks for the feedback. I was just trying to play the game the old fashion way. IE farm turn in candy for items.

But I guess it is kind of pointless if the target is impossible to achieve. Where it is better to just sell the candy and buy from the few who are lucky.

AFAIK I have yet to hear of them dropping from coffers. I and everyone I have talked to about this on chat had them drop from mobs, not coffers.

So yeah, if you’re gonna try to do anything it should be Grind some Gold ASAP and buy them for the 19-20g they are on the TP.

No telling how high or low that price will get over time. i really think some people are over-estimating how many people find the wings too-appealing-to-pass-up/ way better than the Shatter ones. That’s why I think the price has more than halved in these few days.

in Dragon Bash

docbon.3486

Perfectly obtainable via farming with several socks and a continuous caffeine IV drip.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

I just looted 2 off of random mobs. Either buy the wings off TP or wait until taffies go down to around 1 or 2 copper and then it will be 10-20gold.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kathy K.6812

Kathy K.6812

Way too expensive! I wish there was another way to get them quickly…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Avatara.1042

I just looted 2 off of random mobs. Either buy the wings off TP or wait until taffies go down to around 1 or 2 copper and then it will be 10-20gold.

Taffy will never drop that low, because of the food you can buy.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kathy K.6812

Kathy K.6812

Taffy will never drop that low, because of the food you can buy.

Is buying the food the best way to get the wings?

in Dragon Bash

docbon.3486

avatara is saying that zhaitaffy will maintain a value above 2 copper because they can be exchanged for food that shares stats with traditionally expensive food buffs.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

avatara is saying that zhaitaffy will maintain a value above 2 copper because they can be exchanged for food that shares stats with traditionally expensive food buffs.

Yeah. I was thinking about selling mine eventually until I saw the 30% magic find food. Only 20 minutes but still good and substantially cheaper then omnomberry tarts. Used a stack and a half of Zhaitaffy to buy the cupcakes.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

They might have increased the drop rate on them, yesterday I dropped one off of a risen while participating in Melandru Event. I’m never usually that lucky, so I think if you wait a little longer, the prices will start to drop quite a bit.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m not convinced they seriously expected anyone to trade taffy for the wings.

I think they put the option in there so that at first glance people would think it doesn’t matter if they don’t get a lucky drop because they can just save up taffy to buy the wings, then by the time they’ve realised that’s ridiculous they’ll hopefully also have realised that the wings drop quite frequently and buying them isn’t that expensive.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: BaronSolace.6831

BaronSolace.6831

I think its really sadistic of anet to make people farm 100k of these just because rng hates 99% of us

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

Yes, i don’t know why they even bother giving us new content if it is kitten like this. It’s very low quality on the new event’s, and it is very grindy.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Black Wolf.7348

Black Wolf.7348

what you do is not farm 100k zhaitaffy, but you farm the actual gold to buy hte wings of the trading post. much cheaper and less time consuming.

100k zhaitaffy is like 120g with 12copper each. the wings is down to 17-18g each right now.

in Dragon Bash

Cloudwalkernz.1328

LoL yes I can do the sum and know that it is cheaper to sell the zhaitaffy and buy the wing. But I am an old fashion RPGer who gain much satisfaction from accomplishing a quest. Having to buy it feel like admitting defeat (something you can’t do and have to rely on others). But yes in this case I will most likely buy one as it is impossible for me to farm that many and RNG hates me.

I have also check out on the food people mentions. I am surprise how good they were. For example, the dragon bun has the same stats as carrot souffles. While the bun only offer have 20 mins of buff and souffles is 1h, the cost of bun is only 90s and souffles is clost to 11s.

I wonder if the price of the food will stay at the current rate or go up to match the others with the same stats.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: TheGreenGuy.7134

TheGreenGuy.7134

Guys unless you’re going for a skin or not going for tons of zhaitaffy, farm coffers sell them and then buy the wings off of the to faster and more efficient.