Big mistake - keeper's recipes

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

The price of the recipes for an ascended set of keeper’s armor is too high. Keepers breastplate, 50g? Really? These recipes should be in reach for almost everybody.

Their low drop rate is a mistake. And a big one at that.
Recipes for stat combinations are not vanity items.

(edited by Buttercup.5871)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Must agree with it. The drop rate of those recipes is way too low. I have been succesfully doing the event every day since the beginning, and so far seen only one ascended recipe drop (the basic inscription). Okay, i might have been just that unlucky – but the prices on TP suggest otherwise.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

Have you tried placing a bid on the TP for the price that you actually want to pay? I tend to get the items that I want for reasonable prices that way. Not all the sellers are greedy. =)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

i agree here
asc inscription and insignia is ok to make it a drop but the base recipes? rly?

this should have been sold from laurel vendor like all the other recipes too – now we will see in futur people with stats other peopl can´t get?

just wtf

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I was skeptical about this argument at first, but this is a solid point. I agree with this.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I have to say I am very disappointed that these stats got a ‘special’ treatment. Same with a couple of other, older insignias/inscriptions needed for their Ascended counterparts.

All players should be treated equally when it comes to the recipies for statted items. People should not have to choose their stats based on the gold they have, but rather on what suits their playstyle.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Holion.5604

Holion.5604

what stats are keepers?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Drop rate really that low? I always get one when we beat the event.

in The Edge of the Mists

Astralporing.1957

what stats are keepers?

Keepers are ascended version of Zealot (Power/prec/heal power)

Ascended? I get a recipe 2/3 of the time, but i got an ascended recipe exactly once. And it was the basic inscription recipe, the most common. The actual item recipes are much rarer.

Also – which is an important point – unlike Settler’s recipes, that drop from Karka Queen, those drop in a content that will disappear in a week from now. It is not only an extremely low chance per attempt, not only capped to one attempt daily, but also limited to a content available for only a month. That means maximum of 28 chances per account only. If you happen to kill Marionette every day, which for lot of servers is unlikely.

As someone mentioned earlier, stat sets are not a vanity item. They shouldn’t be treated as one.

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Oh. I was thinking it was the exotic one. Yeah I haven’t gotten any of those as a drop.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: fictitiousacct.1782

fictitiousacct.1782

Also – which is an important point – unlike Settler’s recipes, that drop from Karka Queen, those drop in a content that will disappear in a week from now.

As it is just the beginning of the end, this is not necessarily the case. Since it is being introduced, there is a possibility we can continue to get them as drops in the coming updates to living story, just gotta wait and see.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

They can always make a harvesting tool that gives 20% chance to pop out one of these recipes.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

Yet ANet did not realise this after the whole ‘Sentinel’ stat set debacle.

It’s almost like they don’t care.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

More than likely ANet will include some other way to get the Zealot/Keeper stats after Origins of Madness is over. However, it will probably be on the same sort of system like a yearly recurring event (similar to the Bazaar and the Celestial recipes).

in The Edge of the Mists

Astralporing.1957

More than likely ANet will include some other way to get the Zealot/Keeper stats after Origins of Madness is over. However, it will probably be on the same sort of system like a yearly recurring event (similar to the Bazaar and the Celestial recipes).

They could do it for Celestial recipes, because those were really common at the time of the event. Which means, anyone that wanted them could have gotten them easily, or bought cheaply off TP. Of course, since that time prices have risen, due to scarcity – if the event was to be reintroduced however, they’d drop in price very fast and hard.

And of course celestial ascended recipes are not limited to tp/seasonal events. And it’s the ascended ones that are the problem now, not exotic.

Introducing the keeper recipes that way, just after CDI that clearly told devs that ascended gear are too much of a grind, can hardly be called a good move.

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

Never even saw them before because I didn’t know the name of them but wow they’re expensive.
I agree, those are not vanity items and they should be much more available. It’s not fair the way it is and it definitely doesn’t help in giving more diversity to builds.
That they drop from temporary content doesn’t help in any way.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

Is the stat combo even worth it? Is there any class that needs it other than maybe a guardian who wants to go dps and have some healing power at the same time? Just wondering if this is worth spending the 50 gold on.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

Elementalists can benefit quite a bit from healing since their water heals alot. However there’s also the problem that they lack toughness and vitality so elementalists may die before getting to use the healing. Useful against flat dps but worthless against spikes.

They are nerfing the critical damage part of zerker gear, which may make it more worth it to get Power Precision Vitality/Toughness/Healing instead. But I’m by no means a min/maxer so I can’t say for sure.

in The Edge of the Mists

Astralporing.1957

Is the stat combo even worth it?

Not for a full set, no, but it’s quite nice in hybrid builds, to get some more healing without sacrificing too much of dps. Definitely a nice option for a guardian staff (which is likely why staff recipe costs the most).

Actions, not words.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

what stats are keepers?

Keepers are ascended version of Zealot (Power/prec/heal power)

Ascended? I get a recipe 2/3 of the time, but i got an ascended recipe exactly once. And it was the basic inscription recipe, the most common. The actual item recipes are much rarer.

Also – which is an important point – unlike Settler’s recipes, that drop from Karka Queen, those drop in a content that will disappear in a week from now. It is not only an extremely low chance per attempt, not only capped to one attempt daily, but also limited to a content available for only a month. That means maximum of 28 chances per account only. If you happen to kill Marionette every day, which for lot of servers is unlikely.

As someone mentioned earlier, stat sets are not a vanity item. They shouldn’t be treated as one.

It doesn’t really change anything but that is not quite correct.
It is not capped to one attempt daily since the recipe sheets can also drop from the chests in Scarlet’s lair.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I agree wholeheartedly.

I despise the way the Zealot’s / Keeper’s recipes were introduced.

The inscriptions, fine. They can be recipe sheets. There’s enough supply that the price is reasonable, and will probably remain reasonable in the future. But needing to buy each individual item recipe as well is just a huge hassle and makes the items far too difficult to get.

Celestial was bad enough, but at least you can make the argument that it was a “special” stat set (and it thankfully got spared needing to buy stuff for Ascended). Zealot’s / Keeper’s, though? Nothing special about it at all. Its just a different stat spread. Different stat spreads should never be so hard to get that they’re basically luxury items.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Elementalists can benefit quite a bit from healing since their water heals alot. However there’s also the problem that they lack toughness and vitality so elementalists may die before getting to use the healing. Useful against flat dps but worthless against spikes.

They are nerfing the critical damage part of zerker gear, which may make it more worth it to get Power Precision Vitality/Toughness/Healing instead. But I’m by no means a min/maxer so I can’t say for sure.

Also, with critical-triggered sigils not sharing the same cooldown anymore, which I believe is going to happen along with the critical damage change, it might be interesting to run with sigils of blood and water, or 1 of those and an offensive sigil like fire or air. Might not be worth it, it all depends on the specifics of the upcoming changes.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: GoZero.9708

GoZero.9708

Right now it costs 300 gold to buy the Ascended heavy armor recipes off the Trading Post. This cost will never go down if left to its own means. That’s simply unacceptable.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Right now it costs 300 gold to buy the Ascended heavy armor recipes off the Trading Post. This cost will never go down if left to its own means. That’s simply unacceptable.

I know. I (the OP) just spent a fortune to get these recipes (for myself, although this is irrelevant). This was after refreshing my buy offers for days on end, which were very rarely, if ever, filled. While it would be good if they’d increase the droprate, or make them drop in the next event, those who bought these recipes would feel pretty duped if their prices suddenly vanished into nothingness. I just hope this thread will be read and used as a lesson for the future.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

I just hope this thread will be read and used as a lesson for the future.

Unfortunately, given their track record, your hope is misplaced.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Dalent.9358

Dalent.9358

I wish they also would have Ascended Trinket options. I have a vampire-style build on my Necro, and this stat combo is really nice. I partner it with Clerics gear on my Ele and Zerker gear on my Necro. All in all really nice buff to my healing for my team on both.

But that said, it is really obnoxious to have to pay so much to get the patterns. I have gotten a few (albeit not the Tailoring ones I need), and sold to buy others, but I’d rather just pay the 5 Laurels and 3g everyone else has to.

Akurn – Asura Necromancer
Elzareth – Asura Mesmer