Delaqua and Kasmeer Lesbian Couple

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Haros.4297

Haros.4297

It was weird seeing Rox refer to Marjory and Kasmeer as a mating pair. I would have expected a charr to have a more nature-channel approach to mates, as in, mating is a reproductive thing not a life partner thing (I probably don’t understand charr that well). If this theme keeps popping up on the forums (it’s made worse by the red posts), can you imagine what would happen if Marjory and Kasmeer adopted the orphaned Taimi?

Charr probably do not practice marriages and simply refer to all their relationships as “mating pairs”. It’s just the term that comes natural to her as a description of a couple.

Elonora Aros [TxS] | Piken Square

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

It shows that in the world of Tyria, nothing is weird about their relationship. They do not need to hide or risk getting beaten to death by an angry homophobic crazy person.

This triggered a thought for me. Tyria is supposed to be a place where people are welcomed and feel included. As players it’s supposed to be safe and enjoyable regardless of our personal characteristics (to a point). If their relationship faced discrimination (which is something many people would be able to relate to) it could subliminally send the message to players of that orientation “you are less welcome in Tyria” because those people see that view represented in the world. As much as I dislike how clean and politically correct Tyria can be, I can understand that sending the message to players that they are welcome in Tyria could potentially trump the desire to portray a more realistic or gritty world.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Well to be honest, if I think about it, it’s more Marjory that annoys me. She just screams attention-kitten to me, with her sexual tone in everything she says to everyone. She also seems a whole lot more interested in the romantic or sexual aspect of her relationship with Kasmeer than Kasmeer herself is; she only seems to make any allusion to it when the subject is pressed. Which it is, by Marjory, at every possible opportunity.

I had a bit different feeling out of it. I agree with Marjory being an attenion kitten. She clearly acts practically 100% of her time, being always careful to present herself as cool, mysterious and intelligent. The sexual tones come from her trying to act out the role of a Film Noir vamp. It is however not her, but Kasmeer that is driving this relationship. Marjory may present herself as a brilliant detective, but in reality she’s obviously not as bright as she’d like to claim (intelligence is definitely not her strong point). Nor is she decisive or sure of herself. Kasmeer – quite the opposite. She seems like the person that knows exactly what she wants, and while she may act like a dumb blonde from time to time, we can see it’s only an act.
I’m pretty sure Marjory really think they still are at the “negotiating” phase, not seeing that Kasmeer clearly had already made all the choices for her.

It’s interesting, by the way, that both of them are not only pretending to be who they’re not, but also pretending to be who the other one really is. They are their own mirror opposities, so to speak.

Ya know, I actually do not mind. It shows that in the world of Tyria, nothing is weird about their relationship. They do not need to hide or risk getting beaten to death by an angry homophobic crazy person.

That’s an interesting observation. Might it perhaps be traced back to how the human gods looked at it (not that we know anything about that – but that would be the most obvious conclusion).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’m fine with the relationship, more or less. I could perhaps do with a little less of it (it seems to pop up in some form every scene they’re in lately) but the relationship itself is fine and some of the scenes are pretty enjoyable.

And I really, really, really don’t want either of them to die and turn the other into a moody, brooding, sad sack. I know a lot of people have theorized that its going to happen for one reason or another, and I sincerely hope they’re all wrong. They’re both pretty good characters (Marjory especially, she’s probably one of my favorite LS characters besides Rox and Hobo-Tron). If one dies they’ll basically both die since whoever is left is going to be a wreck, and I don’t want to lose either of them particularly, and certainly not both.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Yojimaru.4980

Yojimaru.4980

I do like Marjory and Kasmeer, although their relationship makes me wish there was an actual prominent male pairing that isn’t fan shipping and isn’t only mentioned once in one personal story path which you may not even pick and then promptly forgotten about. They do however make me worry that the Anet writers may pull the ol’ Bury Your Gays trope on us. Of course it wouldn’t really matter if they’re gay because Anet has a notorious history of taking certain characters, making them likeable and then killing them off to elicit an emotional response. The most recent examples of this were the Order Mentors.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

I don’t like it. It feels forced. There aren’t any other couples in the game, which makes it really odd. The only other couple i can think of is Jenna and Logan, but they aren’t really a couple.

Does a game really need to push the lesbian & gay idea of acceptance? I don’t think so. It feels like a forced agenda of acceptance, that hollywood and special interest groups use. Let’s be real here. A-net is only doing this because they feel pressured by political correctness, and they don’t want to feel intolerant. It’s not because they want to, but they have to, in fear of being labeled homophobic.

And why does it have to be women? Especially when they are both “hot”. Is it to cater to young boys? Of course it is. Will we see two males getting it on next? Or how about an asuran female and a male norn? Gotta include that inter-racial love too now. Should i even start at Charr and Humans, which is a step closer to bestiality? Will there ever be boundaries A-net will stop at?

All of this is just ridiculous, and i would rather not have it in GW2, or any other video game.

Please read post by Regina above you.

This “gay agenda” bullkitten is getting out of hand. They’re writing characters foremost, whatever nation, race, gender or sexual orientation they belong to is less relevant to the story.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Darmikau.9413

Darmikau.9413

Way, WAY too forced. Every time they talk it’s like a brick to the face. There’s nothing subtle about any of it.

Regardless of whether or not there’s some sort of agenda, you do not write couples of any kind by being this overt. The best kind of gay characters don’t make you say “oh, this character is gay.” They make you question “Oh, I wonder if this character MIGHT be gay.” There are plenty of perfectly good gay relationships already in Guild Wars. My particular favorite is the female Charr in Ascalon who talks in passing about how her female lover was killed.

The team doesn’t seem to understand that you don’t write characters whose character is that they are gay. You write good characters who also happen to be gay. I constantly dabble in this subject with writing and roleplaying, and Kasmeer and Marjory just make me roll my eyes every time they talk because every bit of dialogue recently has been “we’re lesbians.” There’s no substance, just forced romance.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Konrad.9587

Konrad.9587

Considering that no heterosexual couple has been given the same level of attention, this one indeed feels like a forced agenda – just like another generic minority token originating from the absurds of tokenism policy.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

I don’t mind it, it definitely feels forced like the story team is shouting “Look at us, look how super progressive we are!”

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Considering that no heterosexual couple has been given the same level of attention, this one indeed feels like a forced agenda – just like another generic minority token originating from the absurds of tokenism policy.

Did you miss the whole Logan and Jennah thing?
For a lot of people homosexuality isn’t an agenda, it’s just life… It’s remarkably insulting to have people thinking that the presence of a gay couple in a game is specifically to try and make some statement – have you ever considered that they could just be trying to include members of their playerbase?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

well to make it clear, i m not saying the relationship shouldnt exist, or one of them should be killed, i just find it poorly executed, and a bit contrived. I mean of course its fiction everything is contrived, but it screams it to me.

Im fine with them continuing it, its not my cup of tea, but i dont have to like everything in the game. I just hope we ll get less of the sappy supposed to be reaching you emotionally but not really moments. I also hope every charachter doesnt start to get into a sexual relationship with whoever they have the most scenes with, or it least if they do, we dont have to get the emotionally intimate details as part of the required progression of the story.

Perhaps it would be better if most of the marjory/kasmeer tear jerkers and home making stuff was something you pursued on your own rather than a direct part of story line. Part of why it feels odd, is that it is odd, that they show all these personal moments in front of anyone who is around, without any type of asking or anything.

Whens the last time you had a tear filled moment recounting your biggest fears with your signifigant other in front of 2 friends and a business aquaintence. We should be getting normal clues and hints that people would have in a regular conversation. More info should be given only if we somehow become close to these charachters, or we eavesdrop, or the player learns it while our charachters are not around.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

For a lot of people homosexuality isn’t an agenda, it’s just life… It’s remarkably insulting to have people thinking that the presence of a gay couple in a game is specifically to try and make some statement – have you ever considered that they could just be trying to include members of their playerbase?

i still cant tell if logan and jennah are a couple btw. I mean i read the first book and saw they were heading that way, but i dont know if it ever happened. And im fine with that, it makes sense that our charachters dont exactly know whats going on there.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Shinoobi.1259

Shinoobi.1259

Way, WAY too forced. Every time they talk it’s like a brick to the face. There’s nothing subtle about any of it.

Regardless of whether or not there’s some sort of agenda, you do not write couples of any kind by being this overt. The best kind of gay characters don’t make you say “oh, this character is gay.” They make you question “Oh, I wonder if this character MIGHT be gay.” There are plenty of perfectly good gay relationships already in Guild Wars. My particular favorite is the female Charr in Ascalon who talks in passing about how her female lover was killed.

The team doesn’t seem to understand that you don’t write characters whose character is that they are gay. You write good characters who also happen to be gay. I constantly dabble in this subject with writing and roleplaying, and Kasmeer and Marjory just make me roll my eyes every time they talk because every bit of dialogue recently has been “we’re lesbians.” There’s no substance, just forced romance.

I disagree. I’m not a fan of all the top google searches “is so and so gay”. It’s refreshing to see it out and the open and in your face. Let’s not speculate. The point is that there is no shame, no reason to be subtle. It seems straight-oriented people are having trouble stepping into someone else’s shoes for a moment in a fantasy world where everyone isn’t initially identified as straight. What’s the best way to reinfornce or introduce the idea that open same-sex relationships aren’t condemned? By not being subtle and shoving it in your face the same way hetero couples lovey, dovey over-the-top emotional scenes and stuff get shoved in LGBT people’s faces.

The writing is a bit shoddy and knee height, but I think it’s a good start so they won’t have to be so aburpt with storyline pairings in the future. There won’t be as many questions should they introduce a different couple in the future, and hopefully that will allow them to be less obvious.

tldr; I think the obviousness and openness is a tool used by the writers to describe how different Tyria is from our world. The dialogue beats you over the head with it, and that’s a good thing, because should another pairing come up in the future, players will know how to handle it without all the speculation.

So Butter So Fly – Mesmer
Bossy B – Elementalist
Pocket Rot- Necro

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

i still cant tell if logan and jennah are a couple btw. I mean i read the first book and saw they were heading that way, but i dont know if it ever happened. And im fine with that, it makes sense that our charachters dont exactly know whats going on there.

It’s pretty clear they WANT to be a couple, or at least did at some point, but their duties basically keep them from sealing the deal as it were.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Haros.4297

Haros.4297

My particular favorite is the female Charr in Ascalon who talks in passing about how her female lover was killed.

Another example of this is a female asura named Exiffa (located in Rata Sum, near Moto) that mentions her relationship with her female partner but only if the player character is an asura. I don’t really know why but it’s one of my favourite NPCs.

I wonder what other characters like that are there ingame…

Perhaps it would be better if most of the marjory/kasmeer tear jerkers and home making stuff was something you pursued on your own rather than a direct part of story line. Part of why it feels odd, is that it is odd, that they show all these personal moments in front of anyone who is around, without any type of asking or anything.

Whens the last time you had a tear filled moment recounting your biggest fears with your signifigant other in front of 2 friends and a business aquaintence. We should be getting normal clues and hints that people would have in a regular conversation. More info should be given only if we somehow become close to these charachters, or we eavesdrop, or the player learns it while our charachters are not around.

I really enjoy (understatement) Kasmeer and Marjory and I don’t see it as forced or out of a blue. I am though, inclined to partially agree with that. Not only in relation to relationships but any character development – it would be really great if some parts of character progression were left as optional to discover if you revisit locations and talk to NPC, witness additional dialogue or read a diary/report/etc located somewhere as some things would often not be touched upon in a normal, public conversation. It would also encourage people to go looking for lore a bit more.

Elonora Aros [TxS] | Piken Square

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I hope we one day get to have some sort of asura love interest.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Eglesia.5049

Eglesia.5049

They kind of did force it upon us, by making the instance so freaking long. Honestly, all I wanted to do was finish the quests and enter the EoTM. I do not play this game for character/story development, I play to have fun and make new friends. If Marjory and Kasmeer or Logan and Jennah are sleeping together, that is fine. But I would honestly like more action and less interaction of the NPC’s.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Rholar.9082

Rholar.9082

I am hoping Marjory dies. I do not like that character at all. I specifically don’t like the 1920’s stereotypical detective voice they gave her. It makes the character more comical than serious (like most characters in the game). But as far as speculating what might happen to her next i don’t think they are going to kill her off. This whole living story that we have seen this year seems like it is all geared toward Destiny’s Edge 2.0 . So most likely Marjory and Kasmeer will be around for a while and i wouldn’t be surprised if Scarlet joins in on Destiny’s Edge 2.0 because a Sylvari is missing still missing from it.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

They kind of did force it upon us, by making the instance so freaking long. Honestly, all I wanted to do was finish the quests and enter the EoTM. I do not play this game for character/story development, I play to have fun and make new friends. If Marjory and Kasmeer or Logan and Jennah are sleeping together, that is fine. But I would honestly like more action and less interaction of the NPC’s.

Oh noes! You got 5 whole minutes of character interaction to compete with a possible 10k minutes of action per week. You poor thing.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

All: if you want to speculate about Rox and Braham, please create a new thread for it. This thread was created by DominationCreation.5703 to discuss Marjory and Kasmeer and to speculate about them.

Thank you!

To be honest, I’m not sure Rox and Braham are <cough> compatible in that regards.

Regarding Marj and Kasmeer, it doesn’t (to me) add anything to the story with them hooking up. It was actually a bit annoying to have to sit through them talking about it waiting for Rox to take over the scene. (Nothing to do with the lesbian aspect, just not really interested.)

#TeamJadeQuarry

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: CeruleanRevolver.6085

CeruleanRevolver.6085

Imo, even if they had been a male/female couple, we’d still give them as much attention as we do now. We’re humans, we love to dabble in gossips and speculations. It’s normal.

I do find the conversation pretty normal really, just that they aren’t hiding it. I have straight friends who kept their relationship hidden for YEARS, constantly evading the question, despite every one of us around them knowing the truth. So Marjory’s comment that they ‘still in negotiation’ isn’t too off. After all, it’s been only 6 months, and they only actually started as detective colleagues. Marjory noticing Kasmeer earlier is probably due to her work as a ministry guard and having involvements in events which of course includes nobles.

This part is probably just bringing to light that relationships such as these is just normal by Tyrian standards, and also adding to the dynamics of these characters. Or maybe…just maybe leading up to the next bit in the story.

Also, I think it’s just a Charr thing to say mated pair, listen in to what some of the charrs say in Black Citadel, you’ll get the idea. Rox asking that is probably her way of knowing that slighting one of them probably means slighting both.

Also Anet, we don’t get a repeat of the DR instance?:< I need to photobomb Marjory and Kasmeer I want to enjoy the scenes again

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Snowblind.4371

Snowblind.4371

I hope Marjory dies so that Kasmeer spirals into a deep depression due to the fact that everyone she loves leaves her. And then she kills herself, too. A tragedy befitting Shakespeare.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: frostyraziel.1854

frostyraziel.1854

GW2 living story lacks good characters, in a way that there is nobody for the normal player to relate to. There’s no point of this forced relationships. I wouldn’t call it an agenda, but rather unnecessary thing, that would make the majority of players scratch their heads. There are other ways of making bonds between characters.

This exact case feels so forced.

in The Edge of the Mists

CharrGirl.7896

GW2 living story lacks good characters, in a way that there is nobody for the normal player to relate to. There’s no point of this forced relationships. I wouldn’t call it an agenda, but rather unnecessary thing, that would make the majority of players scratch their heads. There are other ways of making bonds between characters.

This exact case feels so forced.

The majority of players don’t really care, or comment on this forum, or even in game about their relationship for that matter.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: ClansFear.2597

ClansFear.2597

While I understand homosexual relationship of Caithe (as she is Sylvari), I just can’t stand what Arenanet has done to Marjory and Kasmeer. They seemed to me to be the best friend and companions… Adding sexual flavor to them ruined everything, sorry I can’t explain it more clearly but I feel so disappointed that I stopped liking both of this characters. Arenanet, I sincerely beg you, stop your peculiarity. Really, please.

in The Edge of the Mists

frostyraziel.1854

The majority of players don’t really care, or comment on this forum, or even in game about their relationship for that matter.

That’s because the majority of the players don’t care about the living story, since Anet has done such a great job to fill it with engaging and interesting characters that people can relate to. Scarlet already has made a mockery of the story by turning into a Saturday morning cartoon plot.

People just play for the achievements at this point. For them the story is the same old, same old. And this relationship thing is not really helping. It’s probably just turning away some of the more picky players.

Canach is like the best character to come out of the living story and anet haven’t done anything with him for months now.

(edited by frostyraziel.1854)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Yeah I feel like the whole lesbian thing was really forced too. That bit where Jory and Kasmeer tied my poor Sylvari Mesmer to a chair and then spent a good 2 hours screaming “WE’RE IN GAY LOVE.” into his poor vegetative face was a bit much. How dare you take me away from my champion farming to indulge in such graphic character development! Oh the Sylvarity!

This is obviously Anet spearheading the very real threat that is the “gay agenda” and someone should totally call the FRC and tell them that their made up term is a real thing!

nods head furiously like crazy person

Gandara

in The Edge of the Mists

FlamingFoxx.1305

That’s because the majority of the players don’t care about the living story, since Anet has done such a great job to fill it with engaging and interesting characters that people can relate to. Scarlet already has made a mockery of the story by turning into a Saturday morning cartoon plot.

People just play for the achievements at this point. For them the story is the same old, same old. And this relationship thing is not really helping. It’s probably just turning away some of the more picky players.

Canach is like the best character to come out of the living story and anet haven’t done anything with him for months now.

What CharrGirl was getting at was that most players don’t have any issues with Jory and Kasmeers relationship/the fact that they’re gay.

Also there is a new conversation with Canach in the prison in Lions Arch which hints heavily at him becoming important in a future update…

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

republicans take offense and the WBC is lining up to picket the anet offices as we speak.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in The Edge of the Mists

CharrGirl.7896

Well if they don’t like it they can close their eyes and ears and pretend it doesn’t happen and go for their achievements and ignore the story aspect. Those things happen in real life and this story reflects it and there is nothing wrong about that.

Using Caithe/Faolain as an example isn’t too good, because all sylvari are bisexual by nature, as explained in one of earlier Anet posts.

I just find it amusing that people are more willing to accept walking talking cats and sentient cabbages then the prospect of a certain percentage of population being represented in a modern game.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Ladies and gentlemen it’s 2014 and we can’t have a gay relationship in a videogame without people complaining that it’s “PUSHING THE GAY AGENDUH!”. In fact, it’s bad enough that we have to make a big fuss around it being a “GAY!!” relationship, instead of just “a relationship”.

The real joke is that we call ourselves an envolved or superior species.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: CeruleanRevolver.6085

CeruleanRevolver.6085

Canach has some new conversation, he’ll be back soon enough.

Anet didn’t forget about Mai Trin, so I doubt they forgot Canach. It’s just isn’t his time yet.

And actually, what is it abotu Kasmeer and Marjory that people aren’t comfortable with? Had they been a regular straight couple, would it be any different? It’s just love not often

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: WildToast.6419

WildToast.6419

Marjory and Kasmeer: Hooray! Their relationship has been a highlight of the living story, and I’d be devastated if anything terrible happened to them (knock on wood).

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I think in this day and age, it’s a bit odd if you feel any strange feelings due to them being a lesbian couple. It’s more and more common for people to be in same-sex relationships.

I find it a more odd that you took the OP’s comments in a negative way. Seems like you were more looking for a soap box than in understanding what he said.

in The Edge of the Mists

frostyraziel.1854

Well if they don’t like it they can close their eyes and ears and pretend it doesn’t happen and go for their achievements and ignore the story aspect. Those things happen in real life and this story reflects it and there is nothing wrong about that.

Using Caithe/Faolain as an example isn’t too good, because all sylvari are bisexual by nature, as explained in one of earlier Anet posts.

I just find it amusing that people are more willing to accept walking talking cats and sentient cabbages then the prospect of a certain percentage of population being represented in a modern game.

So you’re saying anet should just aim the story at a certain minority of players?

Most of those achievement players know how bad the living story is. Even the general gaming community knows. I am ashamed to say I still care about the story. What do I say to players that left the game months ago. “Oh, y-yeah Scarlet is still the main plot of the story, but now we have useless lesbian and multi-racial relationships with the supporting characters.” That player would laugh at me if i said that, and this is the exact state of the story.

I am not saying it’s all bad, but I hope they improve for Season 2. It’s their chance to get players on board with the story, and this lesbian thing is not really gonna be the way. We want fantasy writing, not thumblr fan fiction.

in The Edge of the Mists

FlamingFoxx.1305

So you’re saying anet should just aim the story at a certain minority of players?

Most of those achievement players know how bad the living story is. Even the general gaming community knows. I am ashamed to say I still care about the story. What do I say to players that left the game months ago. “Oh, y-yeah Scarlet is still the main plot of the story, but now we have useless lesbian and multi-racial relationships with the supporting characters.” That player would laugh at me if i said that, and this is the exact state of the story.

I am not saying it’s all bad, but I hope they improve for Season 2. It’s their chance to get players on board with the story, and this lesbian thing is not really gonna be the way. We want fantasy writing, not thumblr fan fiction.

The story isn’t aimed at a minority – it’s aimed at everyone. What you are proposing is EXCLUDING people, that doesn’t help anything at all.

Marginalizing people for their sexuality is not going to make you any friends. Read the dev response, their relationship was written as a way of creating compelling characters and a compelling story. Just because YOU personally don’t relate to it doesn’t mean that other players can’t – regardless of their sexuality.

in The Edge of the Mists

frostyraziel.1854

Marginalizing people for their sexuality is not going to make you any friends. Read the dev response, their relationship was written as a way of creating compelling characters and a compelling story. Just because YOU personally don’t relate to it doesn’t mean that other players can’t – regardless of their sexuality.

You obviously are missing the point of my post. I tried to ignore you in the other thread, but you’re just being annoying at this point. Stop making this personal. I think I am more than aware how most of the people feel about the story.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Soloist.4120

Soloist.4120

It’s not uncommon , but i don’t think it’s neccessary to promote relationships that are counter-productive to a species .

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: zKarp.6048

zKarp.6048

As long as they aren’t in a Super Bowl commercial, I’m ok with it.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

The Marjory-Kasmeer relationship is being overanalyzed, in my opinion. The writers likely wanted to have a couple in the second iconic group, and are making sure that the players know that in order to increase player engagement in the Living Story. Whether or not the relationship will be played up for drama (noble sacrifice, corruption, death, violent break-up, or happily-ever-after) or not remains to be seen.

One thing that does irk me a little is that the second iconic group of NPCs is devoid of males, with the exception of Braham (whose maturity appears to rank below Taimi’s). A bit more balance there would have been nice.

(Although I have to say that Destiny’s Edge went too far in the other direction: those characters were cast with such a painstakingly specific goal of creating a balanced mix of race, profession and gender, that they don’t appear to have any chemistry at all, since none of them have anything in common with any of the others. The only reason I can imagine for them to stay together is because they all liked and respected Snaff. And I did read the novel.)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

There aren’t really very many heterosexual relationships in this game. Most all the characters are otherwise.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

I hope that the first living world update for ‘season two’ of the living story is a Kasmeer & Delaqua wedding, no major grind achievements, no zerging, it would be similar to the ‘Zephyr Sanctum’ a fun chill event with games, lore, and a happy wedding.

It would be a nice change of pace after what will inevitably be a chaotic season one finale.

Sorry but you are super mega wrong, there is no forced romance, and to say that the writers “wrote them gay” is so disturbingly wrong i’m surprised you were capable of posting it without laughing out loud. They did not write them gay, it is so incredibly subtle, no labels were used, hell the characters themselves dont even call themselves a couple. In no way shape or form have the writers “wrote them gay”, it is simply your internalised homophobia that interpreted that way.

I think this thread needs to be locked, to many homophobes make me sad and angry.

(edited by Arnath.2319)

in The Edge of the Mists

CharrGirl.7896

Please read what I said.

Or apply for the writing team and try making a homosexual Charr romance for a change, because that would fit in your vision of what a fantasy story should be, since Charr are fantasy, and humans are not. If you’re going to miss my point entirely then don’t bother replying at all.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: cainejw.7142

cainejw.7142

It’s not uncommon , but i don’t think it’s neccessary to promote relationships that are counter-productive to a species .

Biological necessity is undercut by altruism and the ability of LGBT to give resources to society. It’s overly simplistic as a view of human behavior to reduce it to making babies.

As for the thread at large: do you call male/female relationships “straight relationships” or “heterosexual relationships?” No. You typically call them relationships. There’s no need to tack on “gay” or “lesbian” to the word “relationship” simply because of your personal desire to stratify relationships.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I like Kasmeer and Marjory, and hope they find happiness together. (Although I shall forever nurse a grudge against Marjory for stealing Kasmeer from me!)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Greetings all.

We’ve made numerous attempts to keep this thread on-topic to the original post. However, since it continues to go off-topic into real world discussions not related to Guild Wars 2 & its lore. we’re closing it. If you wish to start a new thread specific to Guild Wars 2, please keep it on-topic about the game and the lore.