Dueling on EOTM

Dueling on EOTM

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

I just broke up a duel outside one of the tower on the EOTM map. I didn’t mean to, but I don’t tend to read map chat when I’m fighting, so I missed my ally telling me they were dueling until I’d almost killed the enemy.

I’m not here to debate whether dueling or interrupting duels is ok or etc, but it did make me think, and I wanted to point out some of the awesome places there are for dueling on this new map. The one that comes immediately to my mind is just south when you leave Frostreach’s keep. It’s a tower you need to jump to get to, but the jumping “puzzle” is super obvious. You’d definitely not get interrupted if you wanted to spar with someone, and the terrain is a lot of fun.

If anyone else wants to post their favourite found dueling places, please do!

Dueling on EOTM

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Yeah I wish people would be smarter about this.
I had people start swearing at me for breaking up a duel – what I saw was an enemy attacking an ally and I’d just come running along so there was no map chat to specify it was a duel. The enemy started attacking me and wouldnt leave me alone so at that point I just had to kill them.

Dueling on EOTM

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

If I see two people doing 1v1, I will just watch. I get involved in 2 scenarios:

1. The ally is an uplevel
2. If an ally loses and the opponent tries for a stomp.

Dueling on EOTM

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

When I stumbled on them it was 2 allies and 1 enemy. Obviously one of the allies was sitting on the sidelines – but how was I to know that just from looking?

Dueling on EOTM

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Would be nice if they could set aside several small areas for dueling in the area that are advertised as that.

Dueling on EOTM

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

There’s entire GvG happening in EotM right now, and they don’t like others interfering.. It’s making it a bit difficult to just play the mode because my eyes are so bad I’ve got to mash my face almost against the monitor to read guild tags, and by the time I do that, I’m dead.

Dueling on EOTM

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Isn’t that the point of PvP arenas? Don’t care about the gear differences, that’s the spot for duels else have ANet create an area for it. The issue with dueling on an open map is all the assumptions, which means in the long run you will make a bad call. Red is dead.
Isn’t that why they don’t show us enemy names since it’s suppose to be about one side versus another? Just saying. But sorry OP, will not derail further.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Dueling on EOTM

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

If you see a 1v1 never interfere, tag the enemy if he gets downed, or revive your ally if he gets downed, but until someone is downed, watch or move on!

Chances are, even if they weren’t looking for a duel to begin with, they’d prefer to finish their fight.

The only exceptions to this are:
- If the enemy is a PU mesmer
- If the enemy is using perplexity runes
Go right ahead and interfere then, your ally will be thankful.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

(edited by thaooo.5320)