Emp shards

Emp shards

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Last night I collected over 600 emp shards from EOTM, its to much, I now have over 27 thousand emp shards on an alt char with nothing to do with them, this is not a brag thread, I would just like something to do with all these shards. Please add a recipe or allow me to sell the shards to a vendor.

Emp shards

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

Uhmm.. craft them into an Emp Star? It takes 100 shards to make 1 Star.

If you honestly have 27000 of them you can easily get a full stack of Stars and craft your Ascended Gear.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Emp shards

in The Edge of the Mists

Vavume.8065

If you honestly have 27000 of them you can easily get a full stack of Stars and craft your Ascended Gear.

I have full ascended gear, weps and armor… and now these shards are useless to me…

and yes I do have 27k+

Attachments:

(edited by Vavume.8065)

Emp shards

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: DeathDragon.5197

DeathDragon.5197

Craft them into stars and mail them to me :-p j/k
Seriously though idk if they are account bound or not but if they aren’t maybe sell them on the trading post?

Emp shards

in The Edge of the Mists

Vavume.8065

Craft them into stars and mail them to me :-p j/k
Seriously though idk if they are account bound or not but if they aren’t maybe sell them on the trading post?

Shards and Stars are both account bound.

Emp shards

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Arnon.1563

Arnon.1563

If you don’t want them delete them instead of saying the drop needs to be nerfed.

Emp shards

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

For some of us those are extremely hard to get. So, please, don’t ask for less.

Emp shards

in The Edge of the Mists

Vavume.8065

If you don’t want them delete them instead of saying the drop needs to be nerfed.

The drop in EOTM should be nerfed, 600 shards in 1 nights play? thats overkill, but I actually wasnt asking for a nerf to them, I just asked for something to do with them, such as a new recipe like the toxic crystals for bloodshards.

And I have no intenton of deleting them… they should have some value, thats the point, so I will hold onto them until they do have some value.

Emp shards

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Heezdedjim.8902

Heezdedjim.8902

If they would make the Vision Crystal tradeable like all the other Ascended mats, then at least you could craft and sell once you have your own full set.

Emp shards

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Cliff.8679

Cliff.8679

All of the ascended crafting drops are a problem. Dust, shards, and ore. Their drop rates shouldn’t be nerfed, but we need something to do with the excess aside from deleting them, and fast.

Unless ArenaNet can assure us that there won’t be any further use for them and that we can safely destroy them, which I don’t see happening, inventory space is going to become more and more of an issue for anyone who’s afraid of getting screwed over by destroying extra stacks.

Emp shards

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Not less. More!!!! Please don’t ask for less

Emp shards

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again:

Introduce MF recipes that allow us to convert excess Ascended mats of one type to another.

Emp shards

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

I wish I could trade with people with excess shards because I have all this dragonite from Teq, Wurm and the Marionette.

Retired Leader of TTS

Emp shards

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again:

Introduce MF recipes that allow us to convert excess Ascended mats of one type to another.

I like that, not just mats also gear. From all ascended gear and weapon/trinkets I found there are still 2 useless to me. And I cannto sell them either. But throwing them aways seems… wrong.

Emp shards

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

I have full ascended gear, weps and armor… and now these shards are useless to me…

In that case, isn’t pretty much every single drop useless to you?

might as well just trash everything you pick up, you’re done.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Emp shards

in The Edge of the Mists

Vavume.8065

In that case, isn’t pretty much every single drop useless to you?

might as well just trash everything you pick up, you’re done.

Why even post here if that is all you are going to contribute? all you brought to the table was your envy.

Emp shards

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

no envy here and my comment was 100% serious.

if all your equipment needs are met, what are you getting out of any other drop anyway? it feels like your asking for a solution without having an actual problem.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Emp shards

in The Edge of the Mists

Delvoire.8930

and yes I do have 27k+

Make some Alts and craft gear for them?

Emp shards

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

The OP raises a good point. ANet once told us to “hold onto our excess ascended materials because they will add uses for them”, and so I hold onto them. I have entire bank tabs dedicated to the blasted things in anticipation of this eventual use, and I sure hope that we get to see it soon.

Also, for those saying to convert to bricks/stars/ingots… Realize that a lot of recipes (like toxic nourishment) use the basic form, NOT the refined form, and also realize that upgrading requires 2 obsidian shards, which is an immense karma cost. It is not worth it to refine them on the chance that the refined version isn’t as useful as the base form, especially at the cost of so much karma.

These items definitely need a use beyond ascended crafting.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Emp shards

in The Edge of the Mists

Delvoire.8930

The OP raises a good point. ANet once told us to “hold onto our excess ascended materials because they will add uses for them”, and so I hold onto them. I have entire bank tabs dedicated to the blasted things in anticipation of this eventual use, and I sure hope that we get to see it soon.

Also, for those saying to convert to bricks/stars/ingots… Realize that a lot of recipes (like toxic nourishment) use the basic form, NOT the refined form, and also realize that upgrading requires 2 obsidian shards, which is an immense karma cost. It is not worth it to refine them on the chance that the refined version isn’t as useful as the base form, especially at the cost of so much karma.

These items definitely need a use beyond ascended crafting.

Precursor Crafting is eventually supposed to come as well as Legendary Armor. Perhaps they’ll be used then? It is a good point.

I was just blown away at that number of shards. I play often and don’t have nearly that much.

Emp shards

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Buy more storage if you want to hoard or delete the fragments you don’t expect to need.

The only alternatives for ANet are:

• Make it harder to get ascended mats (empyreals, dragonite, bloodstone), which will make everyone yell, “too much grind!” or
  • Require ascended items to use more ascended mats, which will make everyone yell, “too much grind!”

I don’t think there’s an obvious point in between which would please the vast majority of players. For now, I prefer the problem of having too many mats to having trouble getting enough (plus: we already have that with silk and I’m exhausted from all the complaints about that).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Emp shards

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

and yes I do have 27k+

Why can’t you craft ascended for you other chars? My warr have full gear and all 11 weapons, including underwater. Now i’m working on ele, then thief, mesmer, engineer and guardian.

Emp shards

in The Edge of the Mists

Vavume.8065

and yes I do have 27k+

Why can’t you craft ascended for you other chars? My warr have full gear and all 11 weapons, including underwater. Now i’m working on ele, then thief, mesmer, engineer and guardian.

Well although I do have alts they are not important enough to me to spend the kinda gold on them to gear them in ascended, I play WvW 90% of my game time on 1 character as that is my thing, just as alts are obviously your thing or perhaps u just have so much gold you can afford to gear them all.

Emp shards

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Remember, they take a lot of karma and gold to turn into stars.

Emp shards

in The Edge of the Mists

FLiP.7680

and yes I do have 27k+

Well although I do have alts they are not important enough to me to spend the kinda gold on them to gear them in ascended, I play WvW 90% of my game time on 1 character as that is my thing, just as alts are obviously your thing or perhaps u just have so much gold you can afford to gear them all.

Actually i don’t have that much gold. But i don’t have anything to do in this game either. All them are 80, and i really don’t like of the legendary weapons, so the only thing to do right now is farm iron, platinum, logs and silk, then craft ascended stuff for them.

Emp shards

in The Edge of the Mists

Vavume.8065

and yes I do have 27k+

Actually i don’t have that much gold. But i don’t have anything to do in this game either. All them are 80, and i really don’t like of the legendary weapons, so the only thing to do right now is farm iron, platinum, logs and silk, then craft ascended stuff for them.

Then you have something to do with all the shards, but not everyone is going to gear 5 alts in ascended gear.
I just want a new recipe, perhaps for sharpening stones that requires these shards, that would be perfect.

Emp shards

in The Edge of the Mists

FLiP.7680

and yes I do have 27k+

Then you have something to do with all the shards, but not everyone is going to gear 5 alts in ascended gear.
I just want a new recipe, perhaps for sharpening stones that requires these shards, that would be perfect.

If you look on your Collectibles tab, Ascended Items, you will see that there is 2 yet not released mats, so you should save your mats for the Jewler/Chef update.