It zergy yet?

It zergy yet?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

The first few minutes in the edge of the mists were wonderful, people were running around at random, nobody was properly grouped up, it was like some big giant free for all pvp zone (and it didnt take long for me to get killed). Within half an hour people were already organized and attacking our main fort. Now I’m wondering if despite the size and intricasy of the new map, if players are falling back to the old giant zerg tactic, or if more complex play is nessisary with the number of objectives.

It zergy yet?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

The only thing to do in it is zerg up. No point in running solo, unless you want to be killed.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

It zergy yet?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: ViralVarda.2739

ViralVarda.2739

All zerg, all the time.

It zergy yet?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

It will always be a zergfest. A horrible map for anything else.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

It zergy yet?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

Alright, I was just wondering kuz the map looked a good bit more complex than the vanilla Mist maps, and i know anet’s been trying its darndest to get people to divide and conquer rather than just run a train

It zergy yet?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Zerg’s will emerge. It’s just more efficient with the capture objectives implementation to have a zerg HOWEVER. The terrain seems much more varied than say the borderlands.

There’s lots of divots, hills, slopes, twists and turns, that help break up the zerg and help people escape the zerg.

My issue with the borderlands is that areas are mainly large long open fields that using anything but invisibility or a large zerg to travel with can get you killed. The ruins on borderlands help break up the zerg and EotM is doing the same.

In means that a well coordinated group can surprise easier and take bigger chunks out of a zerg than in the borderlands.

But the zerg wont be replaced as is.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

It zergy yet?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Only way to make zergs less likely is to remove siege and forts.

It zergy yet?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Phule.1968

Phule.1968

The only thing to do in it is zerg up. No point in running solo, unless you want to be killed.

Ehh.. it’s called PvP/WvW for a reason, kill other players.

Where’s my X-ray goggles when I need em?

It zergy yet?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

It’s a zergfest that speaks no common language and no one has a clue who the good commanders are.

There is no community, and it’s bloody difficult to even run with your guild or other friends, as we get spread among the overflow maps. I’m starting to see some people rezzing, but you don’t know who they are, and so far I’m only rarely seeing any fire fields or static fields. I have seen quite a bit of area healing though, so some people are getting that right.

Things should get quite a bit better as the achievement point hunters move on, but I don’t know. It takes way to long to get anywhere on this map. If there’s a fight on, it’ll be over before you get there.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

It zergy yet?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

If you’re not part of an organized guild then you at least want to be part of a zerg to keep from getting ganked. Far too easy to pick off lone players.

BG

It zergy yet?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

If you’re not part of an organized guild then you at least want to be part of a zerg to keep from getting ganked. Far too easy to pick off lone players.

We’ve been told that in order to play as an organized group you pretty much have to enter all at the same time. I haven’t tried a taxi yet but players coming late to the party probably wont get into the same overflow right away.

I can’t imagine trying to get 2 teams to the same overflow for some GvG.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

It zergy yet?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

Now I’m wondering if despite the size and intricasy of the new map, if players are falling back to the old giant zerg tactic, or if more complex play is nessisary with the number of objectives.

To win EOTM you need strategy.
To get ranks in EOTM, a zerg does the job…

The map is just too big for a single zerg to expand the territory AND defend what it gained… Smaller coordinated groups make more points (capturing) and does a better job at denying points to enemy servers.

Small groups can take good chunks off a zerg (break that bridge *(under the zerg, or in the middle of it); try to bring part of a zerg to follow near a ledge, and fear them off), so the zerglings do not have any more real safety in or out the zerg.

Now, if every sides play the zerg – it’s not going to change, but it’s up to us, the players, to show the zerg that they have no advantages on EoTM compared to smaller groups…

It zergy yet?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

There are Nydus Canals. This place was built for the zerg.

It zergy yet?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Skosh.1483

Skosh.1483

just a FYI we taxi’ed my whole guild in last night into EoTM 25-30 players its possible. Just make sure you are in a overflow that isnt completely full yet

Warrior/Ele/Necro – DR

It zergy yet?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Zerg, zergs for everyone!

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

It zergy yet?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

But also it should be easier to combat zergs overall thanks to how the map is build. A smaller group can push off enemies off the bridges and whittle them down since they got no choice but to wp back. And. Since the map is huge it’ll be a while before they catch up again