PvE in WvW. Worse than I thought.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Honestly, veteran trolls that regen so the fight last longer?

Champions bonded to Elementals, making them invulnerable while the elemental is alive. Then the elemental respawns?

What is with this fog? On a map where you can fall everywhere?

Junk crafting material everywhere. Any why fer gawd’s sake these long runs?

That’s my 3rd session today. That’s enough. I’ve got a good little flash tower defense game that is more fun than this.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Only one PvE achievement has you go into the center of the map and you technically don’t need to fight any players.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I think it’s fine as it is.

in The Edge of the Mists

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Only one PvE achievement has you go into the center of the map and you technically don’t need to fight any players.

I didn’t mention any of the pve achievements or specifically the LS stuff, which I actually didn’t mind and got them done in maybe 30 minutes. I’m talking about general game play, and there is now more PvE than ever in a WvW zone.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Fantastic.5298

Fantastic.5298

Yes its a WvW zone, but its not going to be traditional. I think of it more as open world pvp and I enjoy it. Its a unique map with new styles of capping points and fighting. The OP just seems to be full of complaints

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

I think they are some awesome new game mechanics. Its great to bring something new to the game instead of having the same old mechanics to defeat mobs and bosses.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

Did you realize they were using the new Warrior heal skill, Defiant Stance?

If you kept damaging them while they were channeling it, instead of cutting DPS, you were the one doing the healing.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I didn’t mention any of the pve achievements or specifically the LS stuff, which I actually didn’t mind and got them done in maybe 30 minutes. I’m talking about general game play, and there is now more PvE than ever in a WvW zone.

Well taking camps, towers, keeps, and the castle is PvE too since you’re fighting NPC’s. The enemy players are just an obstacle. People forget that WvW is not pure PvP but a combination.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

If you kept damaging them while they were channeling it, instead of cutting DPS, you were the one doing the healing.

Haha I didn’t even realize they were using that. Thanks for the info! That’s actually pretty cool, a way to give ai a little boost from being trash mobs and makes it so that you have to use tactic in order to get them down faster. I’m loving everything about this update lol. Only suggestion is to integrate a closer wp but I’m not sure if that would be viable.

in The Edge of the Mists

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

MMO mobs using player skills now? Sounds Legit.

Back to my tower defense game.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Acerola.6407

Acerola.6407

MMO mobs using player skills now? Sounds Legit.

Back to my tower defense game.

That’s actually very good. GW1 is evidence for that.