Thoughts on EotM and PvE content

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Why people talk like if there has never been PvE content in WvW? The living story always reaches WvW and all serious WvW players despise it.

All the more reason to have WvW split from PvE and stand on its own.
No LS, no worries about any impact on PvE related stuff.
Sadly though it seems that WvW is supposed to be a “middle ground”, which to me means diluting the potential of mass PvP.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

WvWers just need to get it through their heads that WvW is *NOT*solely PvP. It has been a combination of PvE meets PvP since launch and was conceived to be that way. The constant complaining about the PvE elements just shows a large amount of ignorance about the game and wastes everyones’ time.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: DeathMetal.8264

DeathMetal.8264

I have always considered WvW as PvE + PvP
PvP, because of the obvious
PvE, because WvW has Vistas and SP, even JP, that you normally find in PvE….

But this time around, it’s going to be very interesting to see how this new content will pan out. The Kite event back then was very entertaining, since you see a lot of skirmishes but later on, a sort of “cease fire” has happened as well.

So here’s hoping the L.S. will make EotM very entertaining and rewarding at the same time.

Lv80 Thief |Mesmer |Necromancer|Ranger|Guardian|Warrior|Elementalist|Engineer
[Aeon of Wonder]
Maguuma Server

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

It’s easy, f they mix them, I just will not do the content. WvW/PvP sucks and I will not go near it just for something LS related.

See, that’s fair enough. I hate it when people do it despite loathing the content mode. It’s only fair that the LS covers multiple~all aspects of the game.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

Why people talk like if there has never been PvE content in WvW? The living story always reaches WvW and all serious WvW players despise it.

They said in the stream that PvE content will be somehow out of the way – I’m guessing it’s going to be physically far away from the action but hoping it will be instanced.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working