We need Mounts in EOTM.

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

Adding more waypoints i think it would ruins the map synergy, so bring it up mounts to the game, you know, its very boring you walking that much, over and over.

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

No.

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

No fancy stuff, simple Horses would do it.

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Rangersix.1754

Rangersix.1754

No. Besides, the run taking so long is an important part of the strategy.

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Badlands have “Wurm paths” at least

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Zone.1275

Zone.1275

Horses are fancy in Tyria. Have you ever seen one that wasn’t part man?

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

How about make Taimi be a permanent staple in EotM and let her distribute Golem Mounts to every player that enters?

</sarcasm>

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

As a Pro-Mounter I have to say even here NO to this.

Mounts don’t fit into EotM Design.
If at all, they’s fit only into the Borderlands, but only if ANet would finally redesign the borderlands by merging all 3 Maps into 1 single new Borderlands maps that has the size of all 3 single borderlands TOGETHER. Thats imo the best thing Anet should finally do with the borderlands, because 3x the exact same map in WvW is just borign and very very uncreative.

WVW in general should receive in future 2-3 Maps more.
Having said al this, I’ve also to say that Mounts as a Feature are more of a PvE-only kind of content that should find its way into the game, PvE has alot more potential for Mounts to improve the game and there we have absolutely way too much immersion breaking waypoints.

Each Map in PvE should imo not have more than 5 Waypoints. All WP above 5 should get in my opinion get deleted and replaced by new Vistas, new SKill Points, new Heart Quests or new POIS.
That would be in my opinion 1000times bettern, than filling up the game with way too much waypoints.

GW2 PvE needs Mounts, not so much the WvW.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

If the strategy is to be bored, you are correct. Otherwise, too much running is not a good idea.

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

and I’m not a fan of mounts. It doesn’t fit in with this game.

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

If the strategy is to be bored, you are correct. Otherwise, too much running is not a good idea.

The strategy is not dying in order to avoid running back.

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

stupid coment – in this map its normal to die

and my suggestion would be to add at the start a buffpad what give players the sanctumsprint buffs for 15-20 seconds

running on this map is very annoying and when i die i maby run back to the commander but a second time i just leave .

its annoying in normal wvw, all this running and on this map its even worse.

playtime is somthing like 75% running 15%hitting some champions 5% hitting some gates and 5% is pvp

(edited by Romek.4201)

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

i dont understand whats the problem of having mounts in eotm. we like fancy thinga=s and we want fancy things. on top of that it would be epic doing massive battle while you are on mount, but i wouldnt expect it to be balanced, just fun

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

i would love to ride a dolyak lol

Are you Shpongled?

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

what do you exactly mean by that. I see lots of ignorant ppl say things like this. The game can have mounts and they will fit in just like everything else. Just because you cant handle mounts dosent mean the game cant handle mounts. Keep your biased opinions to your self when discussing these things.

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Veeber.3192

Veeber.3192

what do you exactly mean by that. I see lots of ignorant ppl say things like this. The game can have mounts and they will fit in just like everything else. Just because you cant handle mounts dosent mean the game cant handle mounts. Keep your biased opinions to your self when discussing these things.

Haha you calling people ignorant when you’re the ignorant one. Why don’t you get it through your thick head that people are allowed to express their opinion however they want and kittens like you have no right to act like kittenheads.

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Oh the irony…

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

No. Mounts are an eyesore. Mounts are LAME. Mounts are uninstall worthy.

Stop being a rallybot, equip yourself properly, stop dying.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Flying attack mounts! Chickens! There we go.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I don’t need mounts, but an OOC 100% run speed bonus would be nice. I ran 10 minutes to catch up with my zerg, got gunned down by a gank squad and had to go all the way back to the beginning. I just quit at that point, that is in no way fun.

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

No, NO and NOOOOOO.

seriously once you introduce a mount then people will start asking for them everywhere, then they will start asking for flying mounts. Having come from WoW mounts were ok for a while because they had no waypoints but what happened is you ended up just seeing the tops of trees and the world felt so small afterwards. It ruined it.

Maybe allow for more waypoints to be built.

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Simply Nooby.6294

Simply Nooby.6294

What is with the ever increasing number of players wanting mounts? Its pathetic. They have no place in Guild Wars 2. There are Waypoints. Use them.

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Terry Bogard.6950

Terry Bogard.6950

i would love to ride a dolyak lol

A rocket powered dolyak.

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

running on this map is very annoying and when i die i maby *run back to the commander *

Run back to the commander? T__T Yeah thats the whole point of making the map huge, so a zerg can at least be whittled down and have a vulnerable moment before those killed rejoin the mindless zerg in ten seconds like in the other maps.

Also you dont have to rejoin them, go out on your own if you dont want to walk it. There are lots of fights outside zerg ball too.

(edited by Penguin.5197)

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Slaptjip.4895

Slaptjip.4895

More mounts? No.

What we need is LESS lazy people in EOTM…..

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

running on this map is very annoying and when i die i maby *run back to the commander *

Run back to the commander? T__T Yeah thats the whole point of making the map huge, so a zerg can at least be whittled down and have a vulnerable moment before those killed rejoin the mindless zerg in ten seconds like in the other maps.

Also you dont have to rejoin them, go out on your own if you dont want to walk it. There are lots of fights outside zerg ball too.

sure you can – but roaming/small grps in wvw/eotm is boring and wasting of time
did it all and the time you need to find a balanced/intersant fight is not worth the effort
solo roamer play this only to stomp easy targets like uplvled enemys or play stupidy op builds like pu mesmer

not my cup of tea

for real pvp i play spvp – wvw/eotm is to farm and casual fun

nothing more

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Hynoris.3684

Hynoris.3684

I’m dont like or dislike mounts i more on the “meh” side of the argument but…

if i was a dev i probably put some sort of mount in the gem shop to act like the broom/drill maybe with a 25% off combat speed bonus,because we all know they gonna sell like hot cake.

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Rangersix.1754

Rangersix.1754

No, the map is build around the idea that taking out an enemy removes him from play for a significant amount of time. You can cut off zergs far more efficiently and whittle them down far easier as a small group, because every loss is far more costly that in another WvW map.

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

not my cup of tea

for real pvp i play spvp – wvw/eotm is to farm and casual fun

nothing more

for real pvp I play wvw/eotm

sPvP is just for casual fun, so I should get a buff to only take half damage there, right?

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

stupid coment – in this map its normal to die

Hahah. Perhaps it is to you and to other fellows unable to recognise when to fight and when to fall back.

But seriously, it’s not that hard to avoid dying.

No, we don’t need mounts, nor do I believe that any sort of long-range transportation should be added.

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Cayenne.5341

Cayenne.5341

no

I really do not want to see mounts in gw2

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: orlanoracle.1085

orlanoracle.1085

I’m surprised this isn’t even being considered. I honestly would like to see this happen. The running around becomes exhausting after a while, and its kinda hard seeing ranches and domesticated creatures that we know are implying being ridden, yet to not truly see it in the game is strange. This is supposed to be a living world, in the real world there are modes of transportation. Its kinda strange to not see that here.

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

I would like to see some buildable dolyak carts that can be bought in keeps and built with supplies.
They should be able to transport players and supplies with the speed of a player with constant swiftness.
It wouldn’t work in the rough terrain of EotM but it would give an extra layer of tactics to WvW that I would find interesting.
It would help low pop servers to achieve the constant swiftness and supply transport that high pop servers can do with just players. High pop servers wouldn’t get any advantage from it on the other hand.

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

I would like to see some buildable dolyak carts that can be bought in keeps and built with supplies.
They should be able to transport players and supplies with the speed of a player with constant swiftness.
It wouldn’t work in the rough terrain of EotM but it would give an extra layer of tactics to WvW that I would find interesting.
It would help low pop servers to achieve the constant swiftness and supply transport that high pop servers can do with just players. High pop servers wouldn’t get any advantage from it on the other hand.

Yeah, doesn’t have to be mounts just a new class of things to build with supply to aid mobility.

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Charles.4982

Charles.4982

Mounts?
No, Just no.

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

/no to mounts

As much as I would like to see another waypoint…or 2.. in EotM, I understand why there are not more. There is strategy and tactic to having to use your own two feet.

Can it be annoying or frustrating? Sure. Won’t argue that.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

If I had 1 gold for every mount post on this forum…
But seriously, NO.

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

No. Mounts are an eyesore. Mounts are LAME. Mounts are uninstall worthy.

Stop being a rallybot, equip yourself properly, stop dying.

Yes, everyone. All you have to do to win is NEVER die. I’m sure Thaoo here has never died once in game, an impressive feat. If he has, well, then his advice would be worthless, wouldn’kitten

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

Part of invading enemy territory in EoTM is the gradual attrition that your zerg faces as you fight. Because it’s a 5+ minute jog to get back, the zerg dies out bit by bit (or all at once). Conversly, the closer your zerg gets to an enemy spawn, the faster their own reinforcements are going to arrive, allowing a relatively outnumbered force to hold off a larger zerg when combatting them in their own home territory.

That’s the sort of mechanic that makes EoTM a great map. It helps with balance and it makes for a more interesting and enjoyable experience for everyone in that overflow.

If you’re looking for nonstop pvp, the sPvP maps are great for it. I don’t say that dismissively, as I really like sPvP too.

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

The absolute last thing WvW needs is more WPs.

No.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

What is with the ever increasing number of players wanting mounts? Its pathetic. They have no place in Guild Wars 2. There are Waypoints. Use them.

The only thing that is really pathetic, are people like you, because you have absolutely 0 arguements and insulting other people for their different opinions doesn’t make your point more reasonable.

Its pathetic to believe, that games don’t get developed further, that developers create games, that are technically still on the stand of 2004 when WoW was technically something “special”. These days are long long long OVER…

Its pathetic to think that developers of a completely different game just repeat one and the same feature as if they’d just need to copy everything other developers have done (and failed with it with the way how they implemented that feature)

The whole freaking fear against mounts is the most pathetic thing ever, because 99,9% of all the people that are against mounts have the pathetic opinion, that because Game X has already sucked for them personally at the feature of mounts, that “naturally” Anet’s version will suck also.

Who the hell are you people to decide over this?
Are you some kind of fortune tellers to know something, that nobody can know at all, that you are so freaking pathetically dead sure about this, when you can know this only, if Anet would implement them and you tested it to get an impression over Anets mounts and if you like them or not ??

Stop finally with all your stupid childish pathetic prejudices and judge first on mounts, if you know, HOW Anet would implement them at all and what they would even plan to do with them what people should be able to do with them and especially where in the game at all…

All of the negative things you know from old games like WoW and all of the old 0815 F2P games that exist like sand on the beach, are for game developers today no news.
Its all just a matter of game design and making the right choices for game mechanic restrictions.

Even if mounts would exist, you need to stay realistic, because something like flying mounts would be simply impossible for GW2, because Anet would need to basically remake the whole game just for Flying Mounts, because GW2 has no real persistent world, that is seamless – at least as much as possible.
Heck, this game even doesn’t use out really the Z-Axis at all, just only for the Underwater Gameplay and thats something that was from begin on part in the whole World Design of this Game.

Anet surely won’t completely rework the whole game with a Z-Axis just so that we can fly around in those Map Zones. Way too much effort…
Ground Mounts are something different and the very least that people want and which are something, that is feasible.

Plus that it allows Anet to make money by usign them also as Skins for the Gem Story, so they can be also used to receive back the money they needed to use for the development of the feature.
So mounts are a feature, that is profitable to the point, that Anet can make good profit with it. A feature, that will quickly bring in the money back, that was spent to develop and implement the feature.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

While I agree, I feel that it takes me out of the action for too long and is the main factor in why I don’t play WvW much.

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Cliff.8679

Cliff.8679

Orpheal, cool it.

Right now, the thing people have to understand is that the current world map wasn’t designed with mounts in mind. If ArenaNet is ever going to implement mounts, it would have to be in a new region that’s designed with that intention. That being said, I’m not a fan of mounts unless they’re kept normalized and grounded in the setting; something most of the proponents of mounts seem to have little interest in. Ideally, mounts would never be anything more exotic than horses and dolyaks. The last thing I want to see is what’s happened with most other MMOs with mounts, where it becomes this escalating progression of more and more ridiculous creatures until people are jumping around on giant sparkling tortoises and see-through crocodiles, completely destroying any sense of a remotely immersive game world.

Between that and no mounts, I’ll take no mounts.

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

Oh the irony…

smacks head off desk repeatedly One day people will use that word properly.

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Oh the irony…

smacks head off desk repeatedly One day people will use that word properly.

One day you might actually be able to voice your opinion without being so derogatory.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I don’t have anything against mounts per se.

However, the game (and EotM in particular) was designed without mounts in mind, so I imagine it would take a huge dev effort to ensure that the gameplay remain appropriately balanced if mounts were introduced. (Not to mention entering/exiting combat, transferring maps, etc.). I would far prefer that effort to be spent on other aspects of the game.

I also don’t like the idea of players using mounts, since NPCs do not. With the exception of Taimi, the occasional helicopter drop (Melandru, a handful of personal stories), and a few Aetherblade Airships, everyone in Tyria walks. Yeah, it’s more than a little inconsistent that people don’t use hot-air balloons or that the dredge haven’t managed to invent the steam engine (and locomotive), or that the Wheel is used for mills, but not for travel. But that’s the environment in which we live. Until that changes, I don’t really see a place for mounts in GW2.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

We need Mounts in EOTM.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

I don’t need mounts, but an OOC 100% run speed bonus would be nice. I ran 10 minutes to catch up with my zerg, got gunned down by a gank squad and had to go all the way back to the beginning. I just quit at that point, that is in no way fun.

OG have Altar to be immune and fast.