Why are weapon skins still one use?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: elfycara.1572

elfycara.1572

Hi,

I’ve seen this mentioned on a previous thread ages ago but thought I’d bring it up again. Basically I bought some of the lovestruck weapons but it’s a bit annoying you can only use them once and then after that the only way to keep the skin is to transmute it. I first put the skin onto an exotic staff since I didn’t think I’d be upgrading that anytime soon but I’ve already had to use (waste) two transmutation crystals since I got some ascended drops. I realise transmutation crystals/stones aren’t that hard to get in game but I’d still rather save them if I can :p

I guess this was probably intentional to make us buy transmutation crystals/stones from the gem store but I still think it’d be nice if we could use the skin more than once. I’m not suggesting it be only account bound like the skins you get from the achievement chests but even just having it soulbound would be nice.

Anyone else have any opinions?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Regardless of the merits of any particular idea, ANet can only work on and implement so many changes. Some that sound simple (like making skins re-usable) often involve more work than we think.

For example, a sensible way to implement this might be to create a locker for cosmetic items. But that involves more coding than just making skins soulbound. Similarly, if they do start making multi-use skins, how does that affect people who paid 100s of gold for skins when they were one-use? Or people who sold skins, because they were only one-use?

So, independent of any economic reasons that NCSOFT might have, there are all sorts of reasons that skins might continue to be one-use.

People can keep making the suggestion, but I don’t expect ANet to comment on the idea until/unless it’s scheduled for release or they firmly decide that it’s never going to happen.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Also you’re more likely to buy more gems to buy more chests trying to get a ticket this way. A pretty cynical viewpoint, but I’m convinced that it’s at least part of the reason.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Considering you pay a premium price for skins, i agree that they should be in the achievement tab where you can pull one out at any time, as many times, for any character.

You easily payed an equivalent of 10euro’s for a single weaponskin. Then milking it by adding a vertical gear progression (ascended), or “rebalancing” stats, so you want to use a different item, just so you pay more then once for the skin you already payed quite a lot for.