Why is Imperator Smodur in EOTM ?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Lukotka.1503

Lukotka.1503

And why is he dishing out free siege devourers ? Did the war on ascalonian ghosts become too stale?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Smodur_the_Unflinching

No but really, you could have generated a new model for the Champion Charr mechanic instead of using an already existing model that’s used for the Iron legion imperator, its like if you’d use and see Queen Jenna selling laurels or handing out commander tomes in each base.

I know its a small ’’issue’’ in an overall nice update, that alot of the players will overlook, but can we maybe get another, different charr mechanic model next time ? A new one please? It just feels like GW2 sank slightly deeper than it already was when it comes to re-using character models.

Attachments:

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Ratchet.5416

Ratchet.5416

This is really not acceptable. Smodur is an Imperator, not a random NPC model, even though his importance in the game is reduced to extreme background.

This is pretty bad, as OP said, we don’t see Queen Jenna handing out stuff or the Pale Tree selling salvage kits, so what is this?

Vote Gnashblade!
And revive Baelfire.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

You mean you never saw his twin brother before this?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

It’s so racist.
Like stating that every Asian looks the same so you won’t see any difference.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: JGBarbarian.3579

JGBarbarian.3579

As a charr fan I want this changed, and I would like such an important npc as an imperator to have a unique look like the human and sylvari leaders do.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I agree with this. All of the imperators should have unique models so that they can’t be replicated as random NPCs like this.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Inugami.1328

Inugami.1328

as fellow charr i completely sign this
on the other hand we now know what smodur is doing in his spare time lol ^^

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

as fellow charr i completely sign this
on the other hand we now know what smodur is doing in his spare time lol ^^

This… I mean, maybe he kind of misses the days when he was a lowly grunt?

In all seriousness though, as a norn, I would be pretty annoyed if I saw Knut Whitebear handing out drinks in EOTM…

…wait…

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Tyragon.2496

Tyragon.2496

I agree, no important figure should have their model reused, anywhere. I’d be very annoyed if a saw an NPC without a specific name that looks exactly like Rytlock Brimstone.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: REDR.2540

REDR.2540

This is unacceptable! Does our race does not deserve respect? That our emperor is not a public figure does not mean it is not important!

I demand that change!

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Frankly I hate to agree on this point, but simply can’t help myself. This is an oversight that should be corrected. Either that, or make it fair and put Jennah, The Pale Tree, an Asura councilor, and the Norn Chiefton (is that his title?) in there to balance it out (joking of course on the suggestion).

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

double post, please delete

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.