Why the F

Why the F

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Why do I have to keep constantly pressing F when im trying to focus on staying alive in large battles? It is very distracting always watching for when you get that xp pop on screen then press F for the loot, when really all I want to be looking at is where the enemy is or dodging red circles on the floor.
I have read that it is illegal to make a macro to collect this loot so could you please add the option for loot to automatically be collected into my inventory, as

1) spamming F is distracting
2) spamming F is annoying
3) spamming F is clunky

that is all.

Why the F

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

You can auto-loot. It’s in your settings. And you can just set up a key or a mouse button that’s in easy access to do it. I have one of my side mouse buttons set to auto-loot.

Why the F

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

You can auto-loot. It’s in your settings. And you can just set up a key or a mouse button that’s in easy access to do it. I have one of my side mouse buttons set to auto-loot.

…..

I know there is auto loot…. but you still have to spam F or some other assigned key to collect it.

Why the F

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Why do I have to keep constantly pressing F when im trying to focus on staying alive in large battles? It is very distracting always watching for when you get that xp pop on screen then press F for the loot, when really all I want to be looking at is where the enemy is or dodging red circles on the floor.
I have read that it is illegal to make a macro to collect this loot so could you please add the option for loot to automatically be collected into my inventory, as

3) spamming F is clunky

that is all.

I agree. hopefully we get a qol option for auto looting soon.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Why the F

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Don’t hold your breath. We’ve been asking for it since day one.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Why the F

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I know there is auto loot…. but you still have to spam F or some other assigned key to collect it.

You don’t have to spam it if you wait until after a battle is done (or for a lull in the battle). Then you just press your auto-loot button once, and you’re done, since auto-loot collects all the loot from corpses around you. Having one of my side mouse buttons set for it makes it really convenient, because I can just periodically click it while still using the mouse to move around or ground-target things.

Why the F

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Seriosuly? You just press it once after battle or ocasionally during battle.
Autoloot does not require you to be standing over the loot – you can move around and leave the bags sitting there then hit the autoloot key to get them from a distance. You definitely don’t have to spam the key… You don’t need a complete keyless autoloot – that’s just lazy and stupid.

Why the F

in The Edge of the Mists

Swagger.1459

that’s just lazy and stupid.

the same could be said for not having an auto loot option, non customizable ui, poor in-game reporting features, ascended gating and crafting vs credit card legendaries, plethora of other poor decisions…

I guarantee that if there were an option you would use it, particularly in wvw.

Why the F

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

the same could be said for not having an auto loot option, non customizable ui, poor in-game reporting features, ascended gating and crafting vs credit card legendaries, plethora of other poor decisions…

The UI is minimal and non-invasive. The in game reporting features function just fine. There is no ascended gating because the entire game was created with Exotics and legendaries in mind – ascended and legendary are by no means necessary. If someone wants to buy gems with money and convert it to gold then go ahead – it doesn’t give them any major advantage over anyone else.

Why the F

in The Edge of the Mists

Swagger.1459

The UI is minimal and non-invasive. The in game reporting features function just fine. There is no ascended gating because the entire game was created with Exotics and legendaries in mind – ascended and legendary are by no means necessary. If someone wants to buy gems with money and convert it to gold then go ahead – it doesn’t give them any major advantage over anyone else.

UI is minimal, non-invasive and not customizable. I, and many, would beg to differ, the reporting function is not thorough. Ascended is gated behind rng and crafting, and necessity or desire is irrelevant. Legendaries are the end game loot with swappable ascended stats that can be purchased with a credit card, while pure ascended gear is gated and not purchasable through the bltc. A small advantage is still an advantage, even more so when it comes to being able to customize stats for various encounters.

also, way to dodge my last comment…

Why the F

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

I… I think I hate you.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Why the F

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Cliff.8679

Cliff.8679

Seriosuly? You just press it once after battle or ocasionally during battle.
Autoloot does not require you to be standing over the loot – you can move around and leave the bags sitting there then hit the autoloot key to get them from a distance. You definitely don’t have to spam the key… You don’t need a complete keyless autoloot – that’s just lazy and stupid.

For the record, there are other RPGs and MMOs where whenever you kill an enemy, whatever loot they drop goes straight into your inventory. It’s not lazy or stupid. It’s a design decision, and one with a number of advantages. As the OP mentioned, it lets you keep your attention on the action. Additionally, it eliminates the risk of potentially missing out on drops. WvW makes it a bit easier since the loot appears on you, but how many times in PvE do you think you’ve missed drops in a particularly action heavy and movement intensive event? What about when you’ve killed a large group of enemies but die before you get a chance to loot them, and are forced to waypoint away? What if you missed a precursor drop in either scenario?

I think you could afford to take a minute to think a bit more about people’s suggestions before you respond negatively.

Why the F

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

WvW loot should automatically go to the right side of the UI, like daily chests do.

Why the F

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

@Cliff
I can count how many times I have missed out on loot bags on one hand. And that’s because I died a split second before the enemy did. (In which case, in my mind, I died first. Why should I get loot from that?)
Normally? I don’t miss loot with the AoE option. I have mine keyed to the C key on my keyboard. Which is right below the movement keys… It takes less then a half-second to press that button… A lot less then that actually. (No, I haven’t bothered timing it…)
Now, I’m not an expert here, but I honestly don’t think that the micro-second spent tapping a button is going to cost you anything.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Why the F

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Scarran.9845

Scarran.9845

I really don’t understand some of the negativity posted in this thread. What impact will having this option available be to those people who don’t have a problem with the loot issue?

I understand that its easy to loot and I myself don’t have this problem but would I prefer having an autoloot option available….yep I would. Just like I never had a problem running around hitting F previously to pick up all my bags or rebinding a key to use AOE autoloot before it was made easier to use. Did it bother me they then added it to the loot options so that you could autoloot using your standard interact key…nope, as it made it easier.

This is obviously an issue for other people and I can’t really think of a reason why I would not want to have this option available. I remember when driving to somewhere unknown where I had to use a A-Z map in the glove compartment to find my way around, now I can punch it into sat nav on my phone. Both end up with me reaching my destination only now its alot easier for me to get there than before. And for those that don’t like Sat Nav the A-Z map is always readily available.

Same goes for having this loot option, if you don’t need it then don’t use it, but if you do need it like some do…then why not have an option available for it? In the end all its going to do is make things a little bit easier.

Axere – lvl 80 Necro
Nemmeister – lvl 80 Engineer
Jay Knot – lvl 80 Warrior | Rusty Colt – lvl 80 Thief

(edited by Scarran.9845)

Why the F

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I like the system in Lotro, the loot auto-accumulates and you go through it when you have time to sort through what to take and what to reject.

A true autoloot system would be a huge improvement. Yes there are work-arounds and blah blah blah. And really, this isn’t an autoloot system, it is an arealoot system. There is nothing auto about it.

The point is, what makes you immersed in a game and makes a game look polished and feature rich?

A true autoloot function both allows you to be immersed in gameplay without having to remember to spam a loot button and makes the game look more up to date.

Is it game breaking? No. Would it be an improvement? Yes.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Why the F

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

3) spamming F is clunky

that is all.

LOL that’s hilarious hahahahhah ur so funny this made my day

Are you Shpongled?

Why the F

in The Edge of the Mists

Cliff.8679

@Cliff
I can count how many times I have missed out on loot bags on one hand. And that’s because I died a split second before the enemy did. (In which case, in my mind, I died first. Why should I get loot from that?)
Normally? I don’t miss loot with the AoE option. I have mine keyed to the C key on my keyboard. Which is right below the movement keys… It takes less then a half-second to press that button… A lot less then that actually. (No, I haven’t bothered timing it…)
Now, I’m not an expert here, but I honestly don’t think that the micro-second spent tapping a button is going to cost you anything.

Let me give a more specific PvE example, then. In the Tequatl fight during the battery phases, you typically leave about 20 seconds early to prepare to burn Tequatl down when he lands. Very often on the run back towards where he lands, I’m still getting plenty of EXP popups informing me that many of the enemies I was killing at the batteries and megalaser have been killed. There’s no way of knowing which enemies they were, where they were, or if they dropped anything. A true autoloot function would prevent missing any of the many potential drops I’ve missed out on on my many Tequatl runs.

You seem to be against the idea of a true autoloot option. Do you have any actual arguments as to why this would be a bad thing?

Why the F

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I think a true autoloot option would be handy, but with regards to Tequatl, you can rest easy. All of the mobs that spawn during his fight do not drop loot (to prevent players from just farming Champs instead of fighting Tequatl).

Why the F

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

@Cliff

Let me give a more specific PvE example, then. In the Tequatl fight during the battery phases, you typically leave about 20 seconds early to prepare to burn Tequatl down when he lands. Very often on the run back towards where he lands, I’m still getting plenty of EXP popups informing me that many of the enemies I was killing at the batteries and megalaser have been killed. There’s no way of knowing which enemies they were, where they were, or if they dropped anything. A true autoloot function would prevent missing any of the many potential drops I’ve missed out on on my many Tequatl runs.

You seem to be against the idea of a true autoloot option. Do you have any actual arguments as to why this would be a bad thing?

I think a true autoloot option would be handy, but with regards to Tequatl, you can rest easy. All of the mobs that spawn during his fight do not drop loot (to prevent players from just farming Champs instead of fighting Tequatl).

Tequatl and most other big world events that spawn a lot of Champs are like that I think. I know it’s that way for the Claw of Jormag too.

@Cliff. To answer your question…
I am not so much -against- an autoloot option then I feel it is not nearly as big a problem as some people would like to make it out to be by the tone of this thread.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Why the F

in The Edge of the Mists

Cliff.8679

This isn’t true. The champs don’t drop loot, yes, but all of the other mobs do.

Why the F

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m pretty certain they don’t. BUT, there was one thing I forgot about in my earlier post.

There are a few “normal” mobs that hang out near the batteries (normal Krait, Risen that normally spawn in the area etc.), and these enemies WILL drop loot. Unfortunately it can become rather difficult to tell which enemies are which, but due to the sheer number of players mobbing the batteries, usually these normal enemies get massacred before you can even get credit for tagging them.

Why the F

in The Edge of the Mists

Cliff.8679

I’m pretty certain they don’t. BUT, there was one thing I forgot about in my earlier post.

There are a few “normal” mobs that hang out near the batteries (normal Krait, Risen that normally spawn in the area etc.), and these enemies WILL drop loot. Unfortunately it can become rather difficult to tell which enemies are which, but due to the sheer number of players mobbing the batteries, usually these normal enemies get massacred before you can even get credit for tagging them.

It’s true that some normal mobs likely get mixed in, but I get far too many drops when defending both the turrets from the mobs that spawn every 1:30, as well as the mobs that spawn during the battery phases for it to be only from potential normal spawns mixed in. Especially because I continually get drops throughout the phase, even after the normal mobs would have been killed and waiting to respawn.

Why the F

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Whitey.6185

Whitey.6185

Would you like them to add an option to auto kill your targets for you too? So you can just get free loot without doing anything at all.

Seriously, are people that lazy they don’t even want to press one button to pick up their loot?

Why the F

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

The spamming of the loot button doesn’t bother me…but dying with a loot bag/chest lying next to me and not being able to loot it suuuuuuuuucks!

Why the F

in The Edge of the Mists

Swagger.1459

Would you like them to add an option to auto kill your targets for you too? So you can just get free loot without doing anything at all.

Seriously, are people that lazy they don’t even want to press one button to pick up their loot?

your critical thinking skills are impressive!

Why the F

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Note sure why this thread is in this section but…that said. It would be nice to have an auto-loot option. Auto-loot via a key is not auto-loot. Auto-loot is it goes into your bags until they are full and then it tells you that your bag is full and not allow more till you make space. Not a game breaker, but considering all the things they have done right, this one was a check box that somebody marked off their list of things to do via changing a label to auto-loot. Is it an improvement from clicking on bodies, yes, but its not an auto-loot. 2 cents. Good hunting!

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.