purpose of the Marionette?!

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

What do you think is the purpose of the Marionette?

We know that Scarlet will invade Lion’s Arch. She has air superiority. One of her probes (the one in LA) turned green which indicates that she found something below LA. She has a toxin which is immune against our antitoxin from the Krait-tower.

…it’s gonna hurt.

But what is the Marionette for? Do kill us – a few ants? She has the toxin and the Aetherblades for that. To dig a huge hole in LA? She has that big drill for that.

hmm…

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

It’s to defend Lion’s Arch Against “THE KRAKEN” !

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Dengar.1785

Dengar.1785

Ok, lets assume the Marionette is meant for a large scale attack.

To use the Marionette to conquer Lion’s Arch would be overkill.

There is also something trying to take control of her which she doesn’t like.

So… Is there maybe a dragon or other large monstrosity hidden right in Lion’s Arch?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Does it need a purpose? It’s an amazing event, that’s all I need to know.

in The Edge of the Mists

Dengar.1785

This topic wasn’t created for people who aren’t interested in the story.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

More to the point, what is its purpose in the event? It isn’t the Marionette that actually shoots at everyone in the final (fail) cutscene, so why does it exist?

A test of how viable giant high heels are?

And why are the platforms there? Can the weapon only be used if you pre-build platforms at the target site?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

More to the point, what is its purpose in the event? It isn’t the Marionette that actually shoots at everyone in the final (fail) cutscene, so why does it exist?

A test of how viable giant high heels are?

And why are the platforms there? Can the weapon only be used if you pre-build platforms at the target site?

Hmm interesting thought. I think it’s a defense mechanism to support Scarlet’s minions to power the weapon (the ship above). At the same time it might break morale of the attackers (which would work well in LA too).

edit: wiki also says: Created by Scarlet Briar, it was made in mockery of Queen Jennah’s Watchknight. However, when the supposed aethercannon within the marionette charges up, the marionette intentionally detonates, killing those nearby.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

(edited by Marcus Greythorne.6843)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

IIRC, the Marionette is crucial in the charging of the giant floating laser. Ideally, Scarlet would charge the laser up with the Marionette, and then move it fully charged into position.

My assumption is that Scarlet’s preparing for the rise of another dragon, and that the lives of a few hundred/thousand people are inconsequential compared to the successful rise of a dragon. She sees things from a larger perspective.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in The Edge of the Mists

Dengar.1785

Actually I think her actions are purely selfish. Either she is being controlled by a force or rebelling aginst said force. I don’t think she’s that interested in saving the world.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

She is trying to find my characters ancestor. And she found him. In the middle of the old Lions Arch Plaza. Where i left him. Trying to sell that crystal sword…

I think i forgot to feed him…

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

The Marionette will protect us from the Karka invasion that is going to happen in Lions Arch….

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: ViralVarda.2739

ViralVarda.2739

For fighting kaiju, obviously.